Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: 991 GT3 RS

pmarkow:

white looks good on the RS after all. maybe it is the combo with the black wheels though (which i generally dislike but possibly it is the way to go on the RS).

whoopsy, did you configure your F12 GTO or are you still trying to get the LaFe first?

peter

No news on the LaFerrari, and said no to the F12 VS. I kept my promise that if there is no LaFerrari for me then I will say no to the F12VS and the 488. Not gonna play the Ferrari game on their terms. Within the last 12 months, I don't imagine there are too many individuals in the world who bought more than 5 cars, if they think I am not worthy for a LaFerrari then so be it. I can always spend it on someone else. 

Not that I don't know about the investment potential of the F12VS, but 1st I think the car looks UGLY, it's like a F12 with a Masory kit on it. Secondly the regular F12 already has too much power for 2 wheels, borderline uncontrollable, the VS version will just be almost un-drivable except on a track wit more power and less weight.

After driving the RS for a while now I think 500hp is the sweet spot, if I want more performance I will just drive the 918, but the RS really left me with wanting nothing more. 

I don't really see any more new Ferraris in my future right now, their new direction doesn't excite me, I might try and re-aqquire my ex-Speciale though, sort of missed that car now even when I wasn't completely in love with it in the first place. 

--

Really? You'd pick that car up again? Is it still in your area at least? 

I've never been impressed with the way Ferrari plays their "game." We customers should dictate how things are done, not them. That's my thought at least. Porsche did it right. 

atomic80:

Really? You'd pick that car up again? Is it still in your area at least? 

I've never been impressed with the way Ferrari plays their "game." We customers should dictate how things are done, not them. That's my thought at least. Porsche did it right. 

Yes I would. I had been saying it's the equivalent of the 918 without the hybrid drivetrain. After driving the RS I realized I missed that car too. The exhaust droning inside the cabin would be a simply fix with a aftermarket exhaust, or a switch to permanently open the valve.

There are only so many Ferraris in town, not hard to track down one if I really want to, plus that car is always around my neighbourhood.

--

Whoopsy:
    pmarkow:

white looks good on the RS after all. maybe it is the combo with the black wheels though (which i generally dislike but possibly it is the way to go on the RS).

whoopsy, did you configure your F12 GTO or are you still trying to get the LaFe first?

peter

No news on the LaFerrari, and said no to the F12 VS. I kept my promise that if there is no LaFerrari for me then I will say no to the F12VS and the 488. Not gonna play the Ferrari game on their terms. Within the last 12 months, I don't imagine there are too many individuals in the world who bought more than 5 cars, if they think I am not worthy for a LaFerrari then so be it. I can always spend it on someone else. 

well, here is the problem unfortunately. it is hard to spend that much money for an offering that can compete with ferrari. this is the source of their arrogance IMHO.

Not that I don't know about the investment potential of the F12VS, but 1st I think the car looks UGLY, it's like a F12 with a Masory kit on it. Secondly the regular F12 already has too much power for 2 wheels, borderline uncontrollable, the VS version will just be almost un-drivable except on a track wit more power and less weight.

you have a good point there. i have driven the F12 only a few times and always felt it was rather traction-limited. but i do like the design of the F12VS.

After driving the RS for a while now I think 500hp is the sweet spot, if I want more performance I will just drive the 918, but the RS really left me with wanting nothing more. 

that is very good to hear. and i agree that the horsepower race is a rather void thing. 

I don't really see any more new Ferraris in my future right now, their new direction doesn't excite me, I might try and re-aqquire my ex-Speciale though, sort of missed that car now even when I wasn't completely in love with it in the first place. 

i fell in love with the speciale after my second drive. still now i get upset with myself for waiting too long and for being too hesitant. well, if this takes me to the GT3 RS it may have been for the better even.

cheers peter

Nick I totally understand your point of view re LaF, but if I was Ferrari I would have a hard time allocating one to a "new" clients. They have a lot of long time repeat customers that have not only recent Ferraris but also vintage ones. If they give you a FaF and a F12 VS now you can resell them in one year and make more money than you lost on the other cars. I don't see what Ferrari gets from this relation. Of course there is more to it, but still... But remember they have seen a lot of "new" money spent on toys very quickly and then nothing from that person ever because they lost the firepower or they moved on to another rich man hobby. Most billionaires don't actually drive themselves.

Whoopsy:
    pmarkow:

peter

Nick, great post.kiss

--

Of little, to make much: That is the dream of a human life.

SciFrog:

Nick I totally understand your point of view re LaF, but if I was Ferrari I would have a hard time allocating one to a "new" clients. They have a lot of long time repeat customers that have not only recent Ferraris but also vintage ones. If they give you a FaF and a F12 VS now you can resell them in one year and make more money than you lost on the other cars. I don't see what Ferrari gets from this relation. Of course there is more to it, but still... But remember they have seen a lot of "new" money spent on toys very quickly and then nothing from that person ever because they lost the firepower or they moved on to another rich man hobby. Most billionaires don't actually drive themselves.

The 'other' customer in my city that got the allocation haven't bought a new Ferrari since the F430 days..............But my dealer enter his name and not mine to Ferrari for allocations.

If I buy up other 'special' cars from Ferrari on the secondary market, Ferrari doesn't see a single dime off that sale on their bottom line. I just don't see the benefits to Ferrari from that point of view. Had I wanted to, I could have bought up the 5 car Ferrari collection that was on a pocket listing for 8 digits and be instantly a 'Ferrari collector', but not a single penny will go to Ferrari. 

I was so tempted to contact FNA CEO to plea my case again, but that would almost certainly get my dealer in trouble again which I don't mind just to establish who is boss. But I don't like to beg.

But very likely I should be on the radar in 10 years for the next Ferrari specialty car with a hybrid twin turbo 4 cylinder from the Fiat 500. 

--

I don't know why is so difficult to let understand that the RS satisfy all what ,WHO bought it, needs.

Me,Woopsy,and who have the car, are really happy with the RS,ok me that i have only this car,and i see only Porsche and no other cars, so is difficult to make comparison,but Nick is happy too and he has some other cars indecision to can compare it.

This car make smile on your face looking and driving it,then if is fast as a standard GT3(for me sure is fastest,you can't compare two cars on a track wih 20 degrees of difference),who cares?

50k of difference,yes..but the two cars are different,and much.

yes

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II(sold),2011 Cayenne Turbo(sold),waiting 991 GT3 RS

Super Darius:

I don't know why is so difficult to let understand that the RS satisfy all what ,WHO bought it, needs.

Me,Woopsy,and who have the car, are really happy with the RS,ok me that i have only this car,and i see only Porsche and no other cars, so is difficult to make comparison,but Nick is happy too and he has some other cars indecision to can compare it.

This car make smile on your face looking and driving it,then if is fast as a standard GT3(for me sure is fastest,you can't compare two cars on a track wih 20 degrees of difference),who cares?

50k of difference,yes..but the two cars are different,and much.

yes

Some people do care, otherwise, Porsche can get away with whatever figures ( Weight / Power&Torque / Lap Time...) they post and there won't be any criticisms to hear about on the many forums out there and don't expect them to evolve very much on the next generation, just overcharge on the useless options which adds more weight Smiley

What's even worse is, the 400rpm difference vs (GT3's 9,000RPM) which macca pointed out (news to me) Smiley I'd be pissed if I knew my RS couldn't rev anywhere close to the advertised 8,800RPM  for an extra 50k and hardly a second or 2 faster than the standard GT3 Smiley 

Biturbo,

note that historically the RS has always been a small improvement over the GT3. this time there are those who claim that the improvement is more substantial-i have no way of judging though. you are surely right in that porsche has exaggerated the performance of the RS, so far it fell short in terms of numbers.

but honestly i do not care. i buy it because i missed out on the GT3 (stupid on my part) and on the 458 speciale (even more stupid). the GT3 RS is going to be a nice bridge car until the 488 speciale (or GTO or whatever they will call it) arrives. i even won't loose a lot of money on it:::::)))

peter

No Doubt on the RS performance. It's the first RS which make all différences with the standard Gt3 (body, engine etc..)

this car have A heavy weight no discusion posible and the tire are most important if you have A hot weather day and a "normal" day with good température condition you car Works better... For A good test the press did test the car with the same climatic condition... It's impossible...

but finaly it's really important? The most important is the feeling when you drive the car and the emotion Behind the steering wheel 

--

997 GT3 RS 3.6 - 964 RS - Waiting 991 GT3 RS

RS owners or soon to be owners should not be defensive about their choice. The RS is a better car than the GT3 if you ignore value. For my taste, the whale tail is a little too ostentatious in your face appendage.

--

Of little, to make much: That is the dream of a human life.

nberry:

RS owners or soon to be owners should not be defensive about their choice. The RS is a better car than the GT3 if you ignore value. For my taste, the whale tail is a little to ostentatious in your face appendage.

Nick money comes and goes,value doesn't matter too much...SmileySmiley

i'm joking...but i hope to have it back when i will sell my RS for 600K euros in the next 10 years.SmileySmileySmiley

--

LP997:

The most important is the feeling when you drive the car and the emotion Behind the steering wheel 

SmileySmileySmiley

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | White | Full Bucket Seats | Sport Chrono
    2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | Sport Chrono | SPASM

All I can say is that I have been to 4 track days since mid-July (took delivery in mid-June) and the car has been a joy on track. Amazing cornering and braking performance.

It is not your quintessential Autobahn/motorway monster of course. On my way back from one event recently, I had to push it hard, making sure to be in the optimal gear/higher rev range given the lower torque, to keep up with a 991 Turbo S I was following in a straight line, in particular during the first few moments of (re-) acceleration, e.g. when a slower car ahead moved over.

Doing that involves a lot of drama engine sound-wise, even more so when compared to the quiet effortlessness of the Turbo S (my previous DD was a 997 Turbo S). That is fun on track or a country road, less so on a motorway. 

olli:

All I can say is that I have been to 4 track days since mid-July (took delivery in mid-June) and the car has been a joy on track. Amazing cornering and braking performance.

It is not your quintessential Autobahn/motorway monster of course. On my way back from one event recently, I had to push it hard, making sure to be in the optimal gear/higher rev range given the lower torque, to keep up with a 991 Turbo S I was following in a straight line, in particular during the first few moments of (re-) acceleration, e.g. when a slower car ahead moved over.

Doing that involves a lot of drama engine sound-wise, even more so when compared to the quiet effortlessness of the Turbo S (my previous DD was a 997 Turbo S). That is fun on track or a country road, less so on a motorway. 

Great feedback - Thanks!

olli:

Sincerely i can't think that i can keep up with a 991TTS on a motorway,good news!Smiley

--

i won't have those issues on austrian/italian highways:::))))

Given the reality of the situation, with heavy (truck) motorway traffic, ubiquitous road works and widespread sections with speed limits, in my personal experience this rarely happens here as well...

That is why IMHO a track toy can make more sense than any other car with primarily superior straight line performance, simply because you hardly ever get to really use and enjoy it anyway. 

Hi Guys,

I hope all is well.  So with my move to Cyprus, I've decided against taking the GT3 RS I have on order as there is no way they are able to make it Right Hand Drive and UK specs, plus having to import a brand new RS to cyprus the Porsche Importer here will more likely than not give me some issues.  Also, I'm not so sure about the after sales and the service center here for that type of car, but I will go check out the facilities this week. I will probably just stick with my current GT3 which I love and try to import that one as a used vehicle   This however isn't the point of my post, last week I mentioned to my dealer/friend that I'm considering selling the car and if he has anyone interested I'd like to to talk to them and discuss the price.  He told me that they can't approach anyone as a Porsche dealer and offer a car with a premium and that the only way for them to sell it for me is to take the car back.  I then asked him what if I found someone willing to pay extra, he then said it's your car you can do what you want with it.   Two days ago I received an offer for my RS slot from someone I know  with a small premium.  I told him that I wouldn't mind selling him the car but out of my friendship with my dealer I wanted to inform them first of my decision, bear in mind I've bought 6 cars (Cayman S, 4S, Turbo 997.1, GT3 997.2, Turbo 997.2, and GT3 991 and RS on order) from them over the last 10 years along with countless friends and family members that I made buy porsches.  When informing them of my decision, they told me no way, we won't allow you to sell the car to anyone, and if you don't take it, it has to go to the next person on our list.  The exact words are "We are audited with regards to our GT3 RS allocations and they have to be registered in the names of the people that have put a deposit and nobody else.  The sales contract can't be transferred! So they went from telling me it's my car and I can do what I want with it, to it's not my car unless I register it in my name. Anyone have any experience with this? Is the car mine at the moment I've signed the contract and placed the deposit? 

Pay for it upon delivery & sell it to your friend.. Can you do that?

That's the thing, If I could do that, then i should also in theory be able to sell him the contract.  The dealer is saying he won't honor the contract unless the car is registered in my name. I guess the better question is how can they force me not to sell it? Lets say I've paid for the car in full, and on my way to register the car someone gave me an offer I couldnt' refuse, how can they stop me from registering the car for someone else?  The problem with us in Lebanon is that registration for this kind of car is up around $20,000 USD.  In normal and civilized countries, I could have just registered the car for 150$ in my name and then sold it to the next guy.... It's not even about the premium anymore, I'm just annoyed at this point that I can't do what I want with what is supposedly my car.

in the UK, you cannot transfer your allocation and the dealer is entitled to insist on registering the car in your name as a condition of the sale to you of the car ..

the above is stated in standard UK Porsche sales agreements

Makes sense. The allocation is not yours. It is a contract between you and Porsche. To transfer both parties have to agree...

Ethically no one should be allowed to sell a build slot. You want the car or you don't...

@moser every time the title is transferred on the same car the government charges $20k?

yes, every time! it gets less expensive though over time when the car depreciates... it's pure theft

we just have high taxes all the time, not just when you sell cars :)

In the US you have to pay sales tax so it is the same. Some state allow deduction if you sell then buy a car. Some don't...

Moser, 

That's pretty much exactly the same thing that happened to me. I had the #1 allocation for a RS at my local dealership but had decided not to take the car since I got the MP4-12C instead. I don't regret that decision at all but they would not let me "give" or "sell" my spot to anyone else. I'd have to give up the spot altogether or buy the car and sell it to someone else. Otherwise it goes down to the next person on the list. I guess that's how it goes for them. I can see why though. It wouldn't be fair to others on the list if someone ahead of them were to give their spot or sell their spot to someone else. It's kind of like letting someone cut in the line when you're waiting for something. I say that your best bet to give the car to someone else is to actually buy the car in your friend's specs and have him pay for it. Then transfer the title over to him after you take delivery. That'd be my recommendation in this case. Take the dealership out of the equation altogether but yet still satisfy your desire to "sell/give" your car to a friend. 

Are you going for the registration or is the dealer doing it for you ? 

Here I would not be able to sell my allocation to someone else before delivery .  I am not a loyer and never looked in-depth into it , so I do not know the small prints .

I would get the car , buy it and not register it . Take it home on a truck , and then sell it .

But if it gets too complicated, just give up your allocation and get your money back .

--

997.2 C2 ,  -20mm  I 964 Carrera 4 I 991 GT3 RS on order delivery early Sept .

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776574 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441443 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262641 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260786 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85070 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5494 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880455 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815555 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM