Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Aston Martin Rapide S

so it seems i will go for the aston rapide s

Stratus White, Multi spoke silver wheels, carbon package.

all chancellor red including carpet and headliner. quilted stitch on seats and quilted leather headliner inner and black piano package.

awaiting Quote from dealer.

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Aston Martin has some new models coming out with new engines very very soon. Their engines will come from AMG-Mercedes. Could be quicker, who knows yet.

I like your color scheme, it has a 70's Maserati Khamsin vibe. kiss

Here is the new Range Rover Sport SVR https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACj4hvGorj8&list=UU6S0jAvcapqJ48ZzLfva12g 4.5 seconds 0-60 mph and a top speed of 162 mph sound to you? It all comes courtesy of the tuned supercharged 5.0L V8 with 550 PS and 502 lb-ft of torque.

hey Jim, thanks for the Input. if i were to decide on an SUV it would be the G63 and nothing else.

owning an x6m, i have no use for another Performance suv. the g63 is an Icon as is the Rapide...thats what i am more interested in currently.

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Can´t give you much recommendations other than AMS tested the most-recent Vanquish and were quite impressed with the technical improvements, e.g. handling and gearbox. Not sure if the Rapid will get any significant improvements as well for next MY but it might quite a difference between a decent and a well-sorted car.

my dealer got back to me with an offer for a rapide s that is being finalised in production and ready to ship in a couple of days. the downside, is that it's the 6 Speed Transmission.

dealer is willng to extend a higher Discount percentage on this one than if i order new.

exterior Stratus White, intrior Sahara tan.

so while tis car is not reall what i want, it is 80% of what i would order.

will pester him on the Discount he is willing to extend and ake it from there....

--

Model: Rapide S Country: Egypt Hand of Drive: Left Hand Drive Transmission: Touchtronic 2 Handbook Language: Arabic Seat Configuration: 4 Seats Seat Type: Sports Seat Instrument Pack Language: Language - English Exterior Color: Stratus White HB Paint Contemporary Upper Instrument Panel Color: Obsidian Black Standard Leather Fast Track Upper Color: Sahara Tan Standard Leather Contemporary Upper Stitching color: Kestrel Tan Coarse Thread Lower color: Sahara Tan Standard Leather Contemporary Lower Stitching color: Kestrel Tan Coarse Thread Seat Outer color: Sahara Tan Standard Leather Contemporary Seat Outer Stitching color: Kestrel Tan Fine Thread Seat Inner color: Sahara Tan Standard Leather Contemporary Seat Inner Stitching color: Kestrel Tan Coarse Thread Embroidery Driver Seat color: Black Embroidery Thread Embroidery Passenger Seat Colour: Black Embroidery Thread Headlining Inner Colour: Light Tan Alcantara Contemporary Carpet Colour: Sahara Tan Heavyweight Carpet Contemporary Carpet Binding Colour: Sahara Tan Standard Leather Contemporary Parcel Shelf Colour: Light Tan Alcantara Contemporary Parcel Shelf Leather Strap: Kestrel Tan Standard Leather Contemporary Facia Trim: Facia Trim - Full Length Piano Black Rear Seat Entertainment: Rear Seat Entertainment System Seat Embroidery Pattern: Headrest Embroidery - Aston Martin Wings Seatbelt: Seatbelts - Warm Charcoal Steering Wheel Colour: Obsidian Black Standard Leather Fast Track Steering Wheel Stitch: Standard Brake Calipers: Brake Calipers - Black Parking Cameras: Reversing Camera Wheels: 20inch 10 spoke Silver DT Wheels
    --

Sounds like a great combo, and at that discount it's hard to say no. Also white would fit in with your other cars quite nicely. 

get the 8 speed .. all testers say it transforms the car.

sfo:

2nd that

--

2003 BMW M3 CSL (sold) / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS / 2013 MINI John Cooper Works GP / 2014 BMW Alpina D3 biturbo Touring

Porker:
    sfo:

2nd that

+ 1 

Better wait and pay  a little bit more and have something that works well

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

discussed the issue extensively with the dealer....he feels tha while surely the 8 Speed makes the car better, te 6 Speed supposedly does not leave a lt to wish for.

i am also thnking that maybe with the way this car will be driven (daily driving and cruising) the six spee might be ok.

tough decision......

--

I would never buy any luxury item that doesn’t fit 100% to my personal taste. Better no gadget than “if I had only …” It is difficult to enjoy luxury compromises

intouch1:

discussed the issue extensively with the dealer....he feels tha while surely the 8 Speed makes the car better, te 6 Speed supposedly does not leave a lt to wish for.

Typical salesman talk.Smiley

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:
    intouch1:

Typical salesman talk.Smiley

was just trying to convince myself it's not SmileySmiley

--

How about resal value?
    Can imagine a 6-speed will be much more difficult to sell if everybody wants the 8-speed...

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

buy cheap, buy twice

don't compromise a dream

8 speed is a proven gearbox with rave reviews. old 6 speed is old and not loved.

I agree . Don't try to spare a few $ ....... do you really need to ? Get what is best !

And I would also not trust the dealer BS ......... He just wants to sell , as fast as possible 

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Agreed...

As I wrote above, the Vanquish obviously received more improvements than just the gearbox recently, so if this is any indication I would expect the Rapide to receive improvements on a similiar scale. Considering how long you usually keep your cars I would personally not be convinced with the previous version.

you guys are definitely right....and yes, the rapide s has received the same improvements as the vanquisj.

new bosh motronic and a more refined Chassis Setup that distinguishes the different ride modes more from each other.

so yes, it results in a more refined car. i can relate to the changes as the difference could be similar to that of the Porsche 997.1 Turbo and the 997.2 Turbo which were massive and transforming the car.

the main reason for my consideration is that we are looking at changes in Import regulations which can (or cannot, who knows) come into effect within the next 6 months which would make Import tax here even more silly than they are now.

i would be looking at MASSIVE savings if i would take delivery of the 6 Speed now before the new law Comes into effect.

the Dilemma is, that there is talk of this law but nothing officially announced.....part of living in egypt i guess....

tough decision..

--

intouch1:

yup, the new ZF8 is new.

there is no seconda Hand market for luxurious cars here. thats why i Keep all my cars or most of them unless in rare occasions where you find a buyer.

therefore, the model cycle  is important to me as well...and that favours the G63 as it is a keeper.

Do not make the same mistake I made: I am 49 years old and got myself a Panamera Turbo S. While driving this car, I felt 10 years older. SmileyMy wife loved the car in the beginning, it is eye-catching but in the end, when I told her that I'm not happy with it, she told me that she actually thought that this is a car for older men, not me. Smiley She was very excited to get the Panamera because one of her friends had one but truth is: When I returned it back to the dealership, she didn't shed a single tear. Smiley

Bottom line is: I do not think a car like the Aston Martin Rapide S is for you. I try to be honest.

Get the G63, G65 or maybe even the latest Range Rover (most powerful version) but if you want a keeper, I think the G63 is the right choice because it even sounds better than the G65. Actually, to make things more interesting, you could get a nice tuning job at Brabus and people wouldn't even notice (which may or may not be still an issue in Egypt).

Or maybe Chrysler finally decides to put a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT with Hellcat engine (717 hp) on the market, which would be also a very interesting alternative. Smiley Just kidding, I would take the G63 instead anytime if money wouldn't be an issue.

Stay away from Aston Martin, the only Aston Martin I would buy is actually the Vantage V12 S but this car is way overpriced. If you want a good sedan, get a S63 AMG. I remember someone here in the forum, at your age, loving this car and he is someone who can afford many many expensive cars. He really enjoyed the new S63 AMG and if he would  be looking for a sedan, the S63 AMG (AWD version) would be his first choice.

Just my personal opinion, you do of course what you like but I think you will regret getting a Rapide S or Panamera sooner or later and if you need a keeper, the G63 would have top priority on my list.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014), BMW X3 35d (2013)

hmmmm....RC youn certainly have a Point. i do like the G63 and am always 'thinking' about it...but never really was convinced to go for it in the last instance...

with the rapide, ist Kind of a love/hate Thing....i love the Looks and the interior Styling but am sure for fact that engine aside the rapide is technologically sub-par in comparison to most other cars in ist Price range or even lower Price range.

i would not want to be caught dead in an S63 indecision

i also considered the cls 63 S....great spec and for sure great car...

i am a bit bored with german cars at the Moment and wanting something different is what is pushing me towards the rapide...

maybe i should arrange a test-drive appointment and fly out to test it before making my final decision...

--

Rapide S will always fail when its tech/engine is compared with others.

that is not what makes it special.

THe Rapid is like a very, very beautiful woman , very classy and always with a charm of her own, totally apart from the other normal woman's around, all combined with a sensual voice that makes your heart beat every time she's speaks, she might not be the best bed in the world but she sure is a good one on that regard too, how could you be fed up of a woman like that SmileySmileySmileySmiley Go for it Smiley

--

J.Seven

997.2 Cab 2S

Maserati Quattroporte Sport GTS

BMW X6 4.0D

BMW X5 4.4i V8

intouch1:

maybe i should arrange a test-drive appointment and fly out to test it before making my final decision...

Guess that´s the best thing to do... Smiley

J.Seven:

THe Rapid is like a very, very beautiful woman , very classy and always with a charm of her own, totally apart from the other normal woman's around, all combined with a sensual voice that makes your heart beat every time she's speaks, she might not be the best bed in the world but she sure is a good one on that regard too, how could you be fed up of a woman like that SmileySmileySmileySmiley Go for it Smiley

haha.... great statement SmileySmiley

Never ever get a 6-speed, this is so last millennium. Nowadays the modern gear boxes are so much fun and so fast - you would always regret.

And - I said it before, the G65 refines any ardent car collection. Nothing to go wrong with!

intouch1:

hmmmm....RC youn certainly have a Point. i do like the G63 and am always 'thinking' about it...but never really was convinced to go for it in the last instance...

with the rapide, ist Kind of a love/hate Thing....i love the Looks and the interior Styling but am sure for fact that engine aside the rapide is technologically sub-par in comparison to most other cars in ist Price range or even lower Price range.

i would not want to be caught dead in an S63 indecision

i also considered the cls 63 S....great spec and for sure great car...

i am a bit bored with german cars at the Moment and wanting something different is what is pushing me towards the rapide...

You cannot even imagine how much I "get" that. Smiley

Stupid question: How about a crazy ass Dodge Charger then? Not your ever day sedan but certainly an eye catcher and with 717 hp (DIN) certainly not a weak performer. 

I still think that the G63 is the most "appropriate" for you and the current situation in your region, it makes a statement but without provoking too much (the AM certainly will be an eye catcher but I'm not so sure it is a good thing right now). The CLS is a very stylish car but this is actually what I do not like about it. I would rather get the current E63 AMG S.

If you like this type of sedan, maybe the BMW M6 Gran Coupe? Or you could get that special edition M5 with 600 hp?

Or the latest Range Rover Sport with the 550 hp engine?

Please pick whatever your heart desires but I just don't see you in a Rapide S, I can't explain why. I see you in something sportier (or meaner). Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014), BMW X3 35d (2013)

New Lagonda is shown by mistake by Oman Airlines

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

Holyshit, that's the new Chrysler 300!!!

--

Wow, that's bland... heart

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM