Crown

Board: Porsche - Boxster Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Boxster GTS - evo magazine

GTS interior - carbon trim, contrast stitching in red or silver, red or silver edged seat belts, red or silver tachometer and "GTS" stitched in red or silver on headrests - nice but not worth the £2,015 asking price IMO.

GTSinterior.JPG

--

Skoda Octavia Mk.3 daily drive

how about Paint to Sample?

sfo:

Not at £2,832 thanks! Smiley Choice has to be from the standard or metallic range of colours. There were a Boxster and Cayman GTS in the exclusive to GTS carmine red at Festival of Speed but not worth (to me) the £1,500 special paint price. ISUK's Cayman GTS is carmine red so mustn't be too rude about it. Colour choice is very much a personal thing and we'll need to make our minds up when - and if - we sign on the dotted. Right now I have to say sapphire blue is in pole position.

It will all be academic is SWMBO doesn't get on with the adaptive sport seats.Smiley

--

My dealer has a GTS with red stitching and this looks quite good honestly - red brings out more of a contrast to the overall look of the cabin. I think, the silver stitching looks a bit pale.

but the red striped seatbelts look a bit naff IMHO....

--

991 Carrera Black\Black, XC90 Black\Black, 120 Cab Black\Coral Red - 2 kids, 1 dog

dreamcar:
    Right now I have to say sapphire blue is in pole position.

It goes well with the exterior black bits.

What is your choice of roof colour?

--

"Form follows function"

sfo:

If you are ok waiting 20 months Smiley

--

2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | S-PASM (-20mm) | PSE

2010 Audi S5 cabrio | Ibis White

reginos:

It goes well with the exterior black bits.

What is your choice of roof colour?

I agree - so I'd have black roof as well. Smiley

--

bluelines:
    sfo:

Give me time to save up for it! Smiley

--

bluelines:
    sfo:

I read on rennlist that PTS window for 981 is Nov/Dec 14 production .. assuming of course your colour is already approved

sfo:
    bluelines:
    sfo:

I read on rennlist that PTS window for 981 is Nov/Dec 14 production .. assuming of course your colour is already approved

If I went for PTS I would probably choose a nice bright metallic red like flame red Renault offer on the latest Clio.

1408471332988image.jpg

--

The factory are not currently taking any new orders for PTS I'm told as there is a backlog apparently. They are prioritising customer ordered cars at present and not painting any PTS dealer ordered showroom display cars. My dealer had a couple of PTS cars due at the end of the year which they've been told to re-spec.

I have to disagree on the GTS interior package not being worth it though. If you add up the cost of the standard full leather interior along with the full carbon pack incl. centre console and add on the contrast stitching it's actually a relative bargain by Porsche standards. It totally transforms the look of the interior and really differentiates the car from the base and S models. The coloured inserts on the seatbelts look much better IMHO than full coloured belts which have become a bit old hat now and are seen on so many makes of car.

dreamcar:
    If I went for PTS I would probably choose a nice bright metallic red like flame red Renault offer on the latest Clio.

I very much like your thinking kiss

I parked my Aqua car up next to a Sapphire one.  Not a million miles apart to be honest.  Sapphire looked a little more washed-out - as it were - but similar hues.

--

2011 987S, 1964 Type 1

ISUK:

The factory are not currently taking any new orders for PTS I'm told as there is a backlog apparently. They are prioritising customer ordered cars at present and not painting any PTS dealer ordered showroom display cars. My dealer had a couple of PTS cars due at the end of the year which they've been told to re-spec.

I have to disagree on the GTS interior package not being worth it though. If you add up the cost of the standard full leather interior along with the full carbon pack incl. centre console and add on the contrast stitching it's actually a relative bargain by Porsche standards. It totally transforms the look of the interior and really differentiates the car from the base and S models. The coloured inserts on the seatbelts look much better IMHO than full coloured belts which have become a bit old hat now and are seen on so many makes of car.

That's £2,832 saved then - sapphire blue still out in front!! Smiley

As mentioned earlier in this thread if I could justify the cost of  several nice-to-have extras I would probably have considered the GTS interior pack, as you quite rightly state it does differentiate from the other Boxster / Cayman models. I particularly like the deviated stitching, my only concern was whether the carbon trim makes the cabin quite dark compared with the standard bright trim strip or optional brushed aluminium.

I'm spending quite a lot of time juggling options on the Configurator, deleting Bose for Sound Package Plus saves £405 - in a sports car I spend most of the time listening to the engine rather than music; do I really need the dynamic high beam - saves another £308 etc etc.

When we go up to Dick Lovett's we intend to look at the various colours and trims on their cars to help us decide.

--

dreamcar:
    sfo:

--

I am very impressed by that color on the Clio . It looks like a million dollar color , not what one would expect on a cheap Renault clio 

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Gnil:
    dreamcar:
    sfo:

--

I am very impressed by that color on the Clio . It looks like a million dollar color , not what one would expect on a cheap Renault clio 

Same here. It really looks great at the little Renault and you can see this colour quite often, so I assume many customers are judging it the same way. There are only two problems:

1) why doesn't offer Porsche such a nice colour as standard metallic?
              2) why is the (very similar looking) three layer rosso of Ferrar so damn expensive?

Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:
    Gnil:
    dreamcar:
    sfo:

--

Same here. It really looks great at the little Renault and you can see this colour quite often, so I assume many customers are judging it the same way. There are only two problems:

1) why doesn't offer Porsche such a nice colour as standard metallic?
              2) why is the (very similar looking) three layer rosso of Ferrar so damn expensive?

Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Porsche colour choice - like most German manufacturers - are to my eyes dull and boring. That's why I keep going back to blue, all the other shades other than yellow or guards red are dull monochrome colours, black, dull grey, silver and white. Yawn. Smiley

Sorry if I've upset anyone who has just ordered agate grey for their new pride and joy....Smiley

--

Yellow one would look great with yellow stitching and PCCB kiss

--

1408515850294normal.jpg

--

The metallic red on the Clio is fantastic in bright sunshine. Fiat also offered a great metallic red on the 500C. Porsche seem to be really bad at their attempts to offer a good shade of metallic red. Their latest effort is Impulse red on the Macan and it is truly awful. It should be called Lipstick pink. Whoever is in charge of colour selection at the factory needs to be quickly retired smiley

I took the picture of the paint sample beside the tail light of a Macan to show the colour against the red lens. Fortunately I have been spared seeing a whole car painted in it indecision

Impulse Red sample.JPG

Impulse Red.JPG

ISUK:

The metallic red on the Clio is fantastic in bright sunshine. Fiat also offered a great metallic red on the 500C. Porsche seem to be really bad at their attempts to offer a good shade of metallic red. Their latest effort is Impulse red on the Macan and it is truly awful. It should be called Lipstick pink. Whoever is in charge of colour selection at the factory needs to be quickly retired smiley

I took the picture of the paint sample beside the tail light of a Macan to show the colour against the red lens. Fortunately I have been spared seeing a whole car painted in it indecision

Impulse Red sample.JPG

Impulse Red.JPG

Ugghh!! As I've said umpteen times, colour choice is a personal thing......Smiley

Well I've specced up my GTS ideal spec - including the GTS interior pack, which I agree with you ISUK is a nice exclusive pack, even though it is pricey as I probably wouldn't spec either carbon trim or coloured dials otherwise - and come to some £3k over my budget. I wonder if Porsche discount these days? I know VW Finance offer a £1,500 contribution on PCP which is a help....I don't want finance but there's nothing stopping me financing it and then quickly paying it off I suppose....Smiley

--

I think you'll find the £1500 contribution is netted off the total amount repayable over the period of the loan so will not equate to a £1500 discount from the list price if you pay it back immediately unfortunately. If it was as simple as that to get a discount everyone would finance it and settle up by the first monthly repayment

It's always worth asking for a discount. Bear in mind the allocation of the GTS is limited though so I doubt a dealer will be that keen to give you anything substantial. It may pay to phone around, especially to regions with possibly less affluent customers. Porsche Kendall for example always seem to have lower spec demo cars so they may be worth a call.

As usual it will no doubt be the usual compromise of spec v. price.. The easiest option to drop sadly is the £2k GTS Interior pack, which does work great as a package even though I probably wouldn't spec any of the components on their own - although I would like the contrast stitching and "GTS" logo on the headrests if they were available separately.

I'm going to Dick Lovett (Porsche Centre Swindon) on Saturday 30th August to drive their demonstrator which they are bringing down from Tewkesbury. They have another Boxster GTS demonstrator at Cardiff.

The only other dealer local (ish) is Mid Sussex, quite convenient as they are only a couple of miles from my mother in law's lair in Burgess Hill. Dealers much closer to me are Portsmouth and Bournemouth but I'd never use them again.

--

I was at Silverstone last month and drove the Sapphire Blue car, the GTS is an improvement over my June 2012 981S - It just seems to drive harder, sound better turn in sharper etc. Its a rear car that to me seems even to be better than the sum of its parts.

I have full leather but with the standard silver trim on my car, but felt the alcantara with contrast stitching and the carbon looked great and further differentiates the GTS from a highly specified S

DC, the GTS stitching appears in the standard interior too, but the stitching is black.

Here are two red's I like:

Spyderidol:

Here are two red's I like:

This one is very close to Renault's Flame Red....Smiley

--

mcdelaug:

DC, the GTS stitching appears in the standard interior too, but the stitching is black.

Thanks for that info  Smiley Being a cheapskate I will ask the dealer what it would cost for the deviated stitching alone...

--

mcdelaug:

Just checked - only if you have the Alcantara / leather trim. You don't get the "GTS" stitching on the all leather seat headrests. Might choose the Alcantara anyway - more of a sporting feel than all leather.

--

Deviating stitching is ridiculously expensive...... been there, done that (albeit with a 987.2) smiley

1408615118265Oakham2.JPG

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    760167 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    434100 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    259872 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257018 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80667 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5309 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

870973 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    806100 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM