Crown

Board: Porsche - Carrera GT / 918 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 918 latest news Thread Closed

1350kg weight for Lala is car without the batteries?

Mithras:

Futch, I'm sure you have scales to do corner balancing for the RSR, you should put the LaLa (I can't call it that and not think of Guigal instead) and some others in your stable on them and get REAL weights. I bet we would all be surprised at the reality vs the posted numbers...

And like everyone else here, it's really wonderful to read about people actually enjoying their fantastic cars. You have more kms on your Lala already than most will EVER have on it and that's both a wonderful and sad thing. 

Nothing sad about putting miles on a car. Go FUTCH Smiley

--
    Off enjoying my car...

I have 26k miles on my 612 and drive it as much as possible... Cars are meant to be driven.

I agree

What I love is Futch tracks his cars including the LaF. kiss

TEE:
    Mithras:

Futch, I'm sure you have scales to do corner balancing for the RSR, you should put the LaLa (I can't call it that and not think of Guigal instead) and some others in your stable on them and get REAL weights. I bet we would all be surprised at the reality vs the posted numbers...

And like everyone else here, it's really wonderful to read about people actually enjoying their fantastic cars. You have more kms on your Lala already than most will EVER have on it and that's both a wonderful and sad thing. 

Nothing sad about putting miles on a car. Go FUTCH Smiley

No no! Wonderful that he is doing it, sad that so few others will do the same thing!!!

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

Just got an email from Porsche stating my car is firmly in the production pipeline, will have serial number 192. I take that means it will be the 192th 918 produced. 

4 months ago when I was at the factory, with car number 52 was last on the floor, and my car will be produced 1st week of Sept, that means in 5 months including their holiday, Porsche made 140 cars in 5 months. 

Back then they were making 2 cars a day and trying to ramp up to 4 a day, which they are doing now, that means that supplier bankruptcy delay cost them a lot of time. 

--

Wow!!  what a long waiting process... That means you are likely to get your car in hand begging of Nov.?  would that make it model 2015?  I hope all that waiting is worth it.... I am sure it is...  it will be something you keep for a very long time! 

Futch:

Lala.JPG

How can it get any better than this? SmileySmiley

--

ONUR

THE BEST CAR EVER smiley

11 E92 M3 CP - 09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

pride355:
    Futch:

Lala.JPG

How can it get any better than this? SmileySmiley

it could be black Smiley

I would have done TDF Blue haha

--

huangester:

Wow!!  what a long waiting process... That means you are likely to get your car in hand begging of Nov.?  would that make it model 2015?  I hope all that waiting is worth it.... I am sure it is...  it will be something you keep for a very long time! 

All 918s are 2015. I was told my car will be air freight over so I should be looking at late Sept or early Oct for it to get here.

--

huangester:

Wow!!  what a long waiting process... 

Long? This is Nick by the time Porsche finnally delivers the 918 celebrating SmileySmiley

--

What's in the bag Nick?

Whoopsy:

I meant taking both the LaF and the 4.0 to the race track and driving both of them during the day Smiley

--

ONUR

THE BEST CAR EVER smiley

11 E92 M3 CP - 09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

It in my understanding that all of the 918s will be heading to NA via air; yes, they will all be 2015's, even the very last ones...going'"FAST, " especially the ROJO!   Me, I am going to go ahead and tick the box for the, "magical Dancing Canes," super.

pride355:
    Whoopsy:

I meant taking both the LaF and the 4.0 to the race track and driving both of them during the day Smiley

Indeed pride two wonderful cars that I enjoyed to the max. Lala's power is truly amazing, the powertrain is just other worldly. This car is faster down hangar straight than my 911 RSR! Shit! But the tyres are major let down. Good news is that now they are smoked and I'm hopefully fitting Michelin cup 2 on it. Other issue is weight in fast corner. It's planted and very stable but less neutral than say the 4.0 for example which is more of a track car. 

Weight wise here is a shot of the owner's manual. Ferrari claims 1490 kg kerb weight with light options configuration.

my car was ordered through France hence the French manual and the description poids en ordre de marche. Don't know if this includes a 75kgs driver or not. 

Anyway we will know soon as I'm putting the car on a scale to get to the bottom of it. But when I took delivery in maranello the test driver told me the weight of the car was 1500 kg so I presume we're talking kerb weight here. 

Having said that I think the car is more tuned for the roads and there, it truly shines, the TC calibration is just amazing. The size is not an issue and the ride is just perfect. I can't wait to bring it back to some alpine passes. 

1407454612072image.jpg

Carlos from Spain:
    huangester:

Wow!!  what a long waiting process... 

Long? This is Nick by the time Porsche finnally delivers the 918 celebrating SmileySmiley

--

Shit, you guys  have no idea, that's not even close, I have bought 2 Ferrari to ease the wait but they did nothing, especially when I drove it before and know how good the car is.

Seriously, you guys really have no idea how tough the wait was/is. I know it's coming but it's just not coming, I can see the head but it is stuck for the longest time.

I will not wish the wait on my worst  enemy, nothing compares, not even the time when I wait for my university report card for my 1st term. At least I know once the car is done it will be shipped via air asap. 

I am really conflicted about Porsche, I know they are doing the best they can with the 918, but I also know they are NOT doing the best they can with the rest of their line up. I really want to stay with Porsche but Ferrari really has a better offering  on the table right now. That 7 year free service is worth around 10k and Porsche has nothing to counter. 

--

davew (cincy):

What's in the bag Nick?

Titleist 913 driver, 3 wood and 5 wood. 913 hybrid with AP1 irons and Vokey wedges and Scotty Putter.

Wanna know about what balls I am using?

--

pride355:
    Whoopsy:

Knowing my skill set and limitations, i wouldn't dare to take the Laf to the track, it is out of my league. The 918 is another story, it is that much easier to drive on a track, that car is REALLY forgiving, and the limit is REALLY REALLY high for my skill set. 

I havent driven a Laf, but if it's any thing like the Speciale, then I am really out of the league. 

--

Whoopsy:
    davew (cincy):

What's in the bag Nick?

Titleist 913 driver, 3 wood and 5 wood. 913 hybrid with AP1 irons and Vokey wedges and Scotty Putter.

Wanna know about what balls I am using?

I'm a little bit concerned if you say your balls are in that bag as well. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Whoopsy:
    pride355:
    Whoopsy:

Knowing my skill set and limitations, i wouldn't dare to take the Laf to the track, it is out of my league. The 918 is another story, it is that much easier to drive on a track, that car is REALLY forgiving, and the limit is REALLY REALLY high for my skill set. 

I havent driven a Laf, but if it's any thing like the Speciale, then I am really out of the league. 

If you leave the car in race mode, the TC does wonders. learn to trust it and it wil work with you as opposed to cut engine power abruptly like on other makes. It is a triumph of engineering, really. 

If you switch everything off, you'd be surprised, the car is neutral to understeer, it won't bite like a Carrera GT for example. The speeds are scary because of the power but the car is very sweet.

The 918 should be ever more trust inspiring thanks to its added traction. It will be epic with the electric torque at low revs! My fear is because of the high weight, brakes and tyres won't last long. 

Porsche has proven to the world they can make an extremely fast car with their NBR time but it's definitely more a road car than a track car. And what a road car!

Whoopsy:
    Seriously, you guys really have no idea how tough the wait was/is. I know it's coming but it's just not coming, I can see the head but it is stuck for the longest time.

I'm sure I'd be pulling my hair out.  

I got a great laugh out of Carlo's post though.  Sincerely not at your expense though.  Sometimes laughter is the devil's undoing; it helps me make it through long, ongoing difficulties in a way that few other things can.  Of course I have yet to try a Ferrari.

Carlo's post was especially exciting to me because, actually, that viral video is my dad; and I was briefly wondering if that meant that you and I were related...

Smiley

Hang in there Nick.

Futch,

Great points (as usual) on the comparison with the 918, GT3 4.0, and "Lala."  You bring my envy to full boil...

Enjoy them!!!

Although the 918 is a "pull all the stops out" car and the rest of the Porsche line up has to live in the real world of compromise, I think Porsche is doing a good job currently. Of the four Porsches I have owned, the most recent (2013) model has been the best from an overall quality perspective. Porsche is doing better than ever in the J.D. Power IQS, which does not mean everything, but it at least has a sound sample selection methodology.

I think where Porsche is open to criticism is option pricing that is too high. I feel Porsche could trade in a little per-unit profitability and make a few items standard that are normal on lower priced vehicles (like PCM for instance). I think the market will eventually push back.

I think the light is visible at the end of your tunnel Whoopsy. It is not long now.

amjf088:

Although the 918 is a "pull all the stops out" car and the rest of the Porsche line up has to live in the real world of compromise, I think Porsche is doing a good job currently. Of the four Porsches I have owned, the most recent (2013) model has been the best from an overall quality perspective. Porsche is doing better than ever in the J.D. Power IQS, which does not mean everything, but it at least has a sound sample selection methodology.

I think where Porsche is open to criticism is option pricing that is too high. I feel Porsche could trade in a little per-unit profitability and make a few items standard that are normal on lower priced vehicles (like PCM for instance). I think the market will eventually push back.

I think the light is visible at the end of your tunnel Whoopsy. It is not long now.

Interesting post - I guess Porsche does read this forum...

Drew - that is your dad?  Seriously - if so then good for him!!!  He can crash any party he wants!  (I hope that is how I dance at that age!)

Thank You so much for your review. I bet the overweight feeling Is only tyre related considering the 4.0 weight.

davew (cincy):

What's in the bag Nick?

20 Ferrari keys Smiley

--

2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | S-PASM (-20mm) | PSE

2010 Audi S5 cabrio | Ibis White

Leawood911:

Interesting post - I guess Porsche does read this forum...

Really? Is this another "Oh he has a different view than me, must be a fanboy" kind of comments, or am I misinterpreting? If you don't agree with what I say, fine, but no need to go that way (insulting). My observations are experience based, and my experience is just as valid as yours.

http://grrc.goodwood.com/road/news/grr-read-test-verdict-evo-october-2014

I am guessing the fat lady has sung?

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688773 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408802 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255574 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234824 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65420 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4636 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857664 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773545 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM