Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Ferrari F70 mule spied! (So much less camouflage)

IMHO black is for limousines. It has no place in any sport car or sport SUV. It hides the lines and just blends in the rest of the cars. Just too boring, even worse than silver or white angry

LF is an epic car, if I could it would be the one vs the current crop of hypercars.

SciFrog:

IMHO black is for limousines. It has no place in any sport car or sport SUV. It hides the lines and just blends in the rest of the cars. Just too boring, even worse than silver or white angry

LF is an epic car, if I could it would be the one vs the current crop of hypercars.

I disagree. IMO black can be very very aggressive and make a car look even more dramatic. Depending of course on the car. The 918 looks perfect in black and i also think the LaF would be stunning in black. It also occurs to me that a metallic white would really make the LaF look extremely well. 

congrats on your amazing car and for taking the time for your amazing report!!!  thanks!!!

--

turbolite

Had fun in PS for few minutes smiley

--

My new blog with automotive & motorcycle renders: tessoart.blogspot.com

Milanno:

Had fun in PS for few minutes smiley

Smiley

great write-up, Futch...

enjoy your new machine to the fullest and in good health kiss

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

CH's review: http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=30047

It confirms the epic-ness of this fabulous machine.Smiley

Congrats Futch your car collection shows a level of taste and sophistication that exceeds any level of monetary wealth.

--

Being polite is so rare these days that it's often confused with flirting.

Wow - car and write up both superb kiss

--

Gen II Cayman S

Thanks for the report.

It must be a fantastic feeling hearing that fabulous V12.

Congrats Futch - amazing report, thanks for sharing! What a pleasure reading this from a real owner! 

Nothing to add to this car - its just from another world!!!  

Enjoy her!

Not sure how I missed this thread laugh

Congrats! kiss

Please do let us know if there will be a GTO version of the F12 in the near future.

Futch:

Finally I took delivery. Just epic. What a car! By far the fastest and most intense to drive. So much fun too, it just gives you more and more confidence as you push. It's a bit big on some mountain passes but it's alive! The hybrid tech is awesome, the E engine torque fills at low revs and helps at high revs for max power.

We pickup the car up at the factory. So far Ferrarri has delivered approx 50 cars. The guys were super nice, I called them to tell them we'd be 8 mates! No problem they said. Private factory visit then invitation for lunch at Montana and then the delivery. The coolest delivery ever. Champagne canapés blah blah blah. Then Fabrizio chief test developer took me for a spin. Easy drive out of Maranello and then floored it! That will answer the question about the brake in procedure then. Sport, Race, TC OFF, kick the back out, the TC calibration is the work of genius. Then back to the factory, pictures, keys and ciao ciao! Off we went, four car, 355, 458 Speciale, F12 and Laf.

2000km, numerous mountain passes, started full blast with col de Turini, a rally de Monte Carlo special, it's a bit difficult to judge far right side because you sit so low and the wheel arch is quite big but it's ok. In Sport the TC castrates the power too much, in Race too, better response and gear changes but still no slide. TC off is the way to go, soon the learn to lean on the car, it talks to you, it's approachable and yet the V12 is savage, so violent, traction is ridiculous, coming out of hairpins floor it in 1st gear, nice oversteer, 2nd gear and you're already too fast for mountain roads. The Speciale was better suited, obviously. More passes, non stop, gorgeous weather, the stuff of dreams, Vars pass, Izoard pass, drove all the way up to 2200 meters.

The brake pedal is a bit weird, it's quite hard, because of the regen of the E engine but you get used to it. 

There is an E mode called Start & stop EVO, it's not like the 918 or P1, you can't drive it in E mode but you can crall in E mode. Ferrari says it's to leave your house in E mode and silently (the car is mega loud when it starts). So you can crawl in E mode but as soon as you accelerate the V12 starts.

Noise: Freaking awesome. Extremely loud. Just so so angry. It doesn't sound as sweet as the LFA or Carrera GT but it's so much louder, it's epic. Then there are the other noise, the HY Kers makes the weirdest noises, when you brake it sounds like a Star Wars spaceship landing, then when you accelerate gently, you hear all sort of weird noises coming from the back, very mechanical and unusual.

Performance: Biblical. We clocked 0 to 200 in jus above 7 s, starting from a tool booth without launch control. Race mode and floor it. This is the first road car I drive where you can feel the downforce, on the motorway from Genova to Nice, you have fast bends, the faster you go, the more planted the car feels. It's freakish. Not GT2 levels of course but half way there, it's amazing. And at the same time, suspensions in bumpy road mode of course, so it's comfortable.

Comfort: Perfect, in bumpy road mode it's just perfect. Makes the LFA hard! Inside it's super snug. No room at all. The driving position is perfect. I'm 6ft and I have to push the pedals all the way back but the steering wheel adjust very close. It's the closest in driving position I've been to a GT2 car. The view too. It's ultra low. The view out is perfect. The huge mirrors let you see back very well too.

The instrument cluster is amazing. Full digital. You can personalise everything. You can switch between classic display and race display. There are two cameras for the telemetry, one filming ahead and one filming the driver and can view data and video after a track day like in a race car. Can't wait to try it.

Drawbacks: Details but the boot is ridiculous. So unless you have a support car you can't take stuff with you which is a shame. The GPS is standard Ferrari which means it's shit. The Hifi is also pretty crap but at least there is one. The paddles are fixed, same as other ferraris and that sucks, race car paddles move with the steering wheel and it's easier to shift in fast bends. Frankly that's it.

This car is a triumph. It's mega mega fast and yet it's so easy to drive. Best road car ever made for me. Period.

Image 7.jpg

Futch,

It is just unbelievable !!! Epic Review SmileySmiley

I don't know how I missed this post. Enjoy her in good health.

--

ONUR

THE BEST CAR EVER smiley

11 E92 M3 CP - 09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

Futch:
    Milanno:
    Futch:
    Now with mobile internet, privacy is a major problem. Maybe in this instance, black would have been better.

Since I followed your ordering process, I remember you mentioned privacy issue as one of reasons for picking black color. That`s why I assumed you changed your mind about color in favor of better resale value...

No no not at all, purely based on aesthetics. Red is strikingly beautiful on that car, it has awesome lines. That front is pure aggression, the curve behind the front wheel arch is gorgeous, the back is reminiscent of the P4, black would have been more discreet but would have hidden the lines. 

Resale is not in the plans at all, this is definitely a keeper, it's an instant classic, like the F40, the Carrera GT, etc. 

I have actually been offered an 80% premium!!! This is nuts!

Actually, if I were you, my LaF will be:

--

ONUR

THE BEST CAR EVER smiley

11 E92 M3 CP - 09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

pride355:
    Futch:
    Milanno:
    Futch:
    Now with mobile internet, privacy is a major problem. Maybe in this instance, black would have been better.

Since I followed your ordering process, I remember you mentioned privacy issue as one of reasons for picking black color. That`s why I assumed you changed your mind about color in favor of better resale value...

No no not at all, purely based on aesthetics. Red is strikingly beautiful on that car, it has awesome lines. That front is pure aggression, the curve behind the front wheel arch is gorgeous, the back is reminiscent of the P4, black would have been more discreet but would have hidden the lines. 

Resale is not in the plans at all, this is definitely a keeper, it's an instant classic, like the F40, the Carrera GT, etc. 

I agree Smiley  (unsurprisingly), but I would've left the roof black. 

LaF with some black accents smiley

--

My new blog with automotive & motorcycle renders: tessoart.blogspot.com

pride355:
    Futch:
    Milanno:
    Futch:

Amazing colour. It brings out all the intricacies of the design.SmileySmiley

I'm not sure it needs a black roof. It is very cohesive like this and there are some lines on the roof that needn't be hidden.

--

"Form follows function"

Milanno:

much better 

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Gnil:
    Milanno:

much better 

Yes ! 

oh yes - for me currently the best F- car color, gricio. .. beautifully

Check out what the right wheel does at 2:23........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EIrO2bP6Q8#t=20

BjoernB:

Check out what the right wheel does at 2:23........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EIrO2bP6Q8#t=20

Amazing sound , absolutely amazing Smiley

Now what´s that thing with the wheel???!!!! Broken suspension arm it seems!

--

J.Seven

997.2 Cab 2S

Maserati Quattroporte Sport GTS

BMW X6 4.0D

BMW X5 4.4i V8

.....also notice the "active" rear spoiler

Does the normal LaFerrari active rear spoiler go up that high or is this because this is XX?

Folks at Ferrari are really upping their game, while Porsche is too busy planning to release tons of limited editions covered in all types of aftermarket stickers with the same performance.

J.Seven:
    BjoernB:

Or it could be a new tech "rear active control arm" that will save your tail from spinning out

BiTurbo:
    J.Seven:
    BjoernB:

Or it could be a new tech "rear active control arm" that will save your tail from spinning out

If this would be true they would make a lot of noise about this feature. I guess indeed that something got broken!

Chris Harris: LaFerrari 963hp on Road and Track... (Video Teaser)

"The Ferrari LaFerrari, testing on the road and track with Chris Harris in Maranello Italy. After after a drive on road, he decides to take it around Ferrari's private race track in their backyard, the Fiorano Circuit..."

Chris Harris: LaFerrari 963hp on Road and Track -- DRIVE video link

Smiley SmileySmiley

welcome to the future of media

from now on if you want to see the full vdeo you need to pay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBaIGpb1ZyQ

for me that's fine, in this case the content real deserves a contribution from the viewers wink

by the way, the video is the at usual level of CH

I enjoyed reading Futch's LaFerrari delivery more than CH review and his usual drifting, he should join TG and become JC's partner angry

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/16/24 3:13 PM
    watt
    754916 1797
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    431446 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258844 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255829 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79833 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5262 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868838 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    802780 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM