Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Does anyone have their speciale yet?

How is it?. Mines months awaySmiley

Re: Does anyone have their speciale yet?

They've delivered 5-6 here already, but from what I've heard from owners are mixed. Some love it and others feel it lacks the uniqueness Scuderia/CS had from the regular 430/360.

Hahaha that's why it's called a "Speciale" and not a "Unique"! indecision

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Mike S:

They've delivered 5-6 here already, but from what I've heard from owners are mixed. Some love it and others feel it lacks the uniqueness Scuderia/CS had from the regular 430/360.

I know only one owner who is very happy with the car, especially with that new ESP setup stuff which apparently allows even halfway talented drivers to be fast as hell. Haven't driven the car yet (which is a pity) but I sat in one and I really liked it (I like the 458 too, so no surprise here).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014), BMW X3 35d (2013)

I saw one on the highway last week and I know of one that will come to our next track day in 10 days in Le Castellet ( Paul Richard )

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

In Portugal some already have been delivered, my nephew was blown away with it.

--

J.Seven

997.2 Cab 2S

Maserati Quattroporte Sport GTS

BMW X6 4.0D

BMW X5 4.4i V8

Joost:

Hahaha that's why it's called a "Speciale" and not a "Unique"! indecision

Smiley

I regularly see a red one and a white one downtown Zürich so there must be a few delivered here too. There are 7 cars for sale at dealers in Switzerland.

--

2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | S-PASM (-20mm) | PSE

2010 Audi S5 cabrio | Ibis White

RC:
    Mike S:

I know only one owner who is very happy with the car, especially with that new ESP setup stuff which apparently allows even halfway talented drivers to be fast as hell. Haven't driven the car yet (which is a pity) but I sat in one and I really liked it (I like the 458 too, so no surprise here).

RC,

thats fine with me in a wet country like NZ with 2wd, Im not very talentedSmiley

Gnil, let me know how he likes it after the track day!!!

Bluelines,

interesting theres cars available in Switz.,  is USA no one is selling even at premiums, everyone's taking delivery to drive

I have driven it and would say it looks much better in person than in photos. There is no way I would use it as a day to day car - just too much road noise. The brakes are sensational, and the gear change lightening fast. I am holding fire on buying as I am cycling through some other cars at the moment. However, it may well be the last normally aspirated V8 so could make for a good long term hold. I might get a nearly new one in due course with a significant discount hopefully.

crayphile:

I have driven it and would say it looks much better in person than in photos. There is no way I would use it as a day to day car - just too much road noise. The brakes are sensational, and the gear change lightening fast. I am holding fire on buying as I am cycling through some other cars at the moment. However, it may well be the last normally aspirated V8 so could make for a good long term hold. I might get a nearly new one in due course with a significant discount hopefully.

I drove 9 strads and 2 scuds daily, so the noise not a problem here, but i'm pretty deafSmiley I attribute that deafness to driving across Morocco with Sweet Home Alabama at maximum volume for a year, but maybe the strads helped tooSmiley

You may be right, its clear those turbo engines are coming with the california already....  As the fchat newest newest guys rush to buy the turbo 8 cylinders maybe these will discount like scuds, it will depend how many are made.  Or ---Witness rhd strad prices now going through the roof!  Hard to know.

The car is 1.9x as expensive as a gt3 in NZ but i decided to go ahead when my gt3 order was ruined by the engine troubles...  Whether its capable of being worth that much more is unlikely.... But i cant even order a 2015 gt3 yet, things are so screwed up. So what the hell, we only live onceSmiley

After listening to some California T videos, I think that getting a 458 Speciale or even a F12 right now may be the right thing to do, before Ferrari ruins the exhaust/engine sound on all of their cars. I know that this isn't exactly Ferrari's fault but...

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014), BMW X3 35d (2013)

winkHaha, RC is finally coming around to Speciale....

its a nifty car, and for those who like exhaust noise, i think it will do.  I must say when driving a scud or strad long days, i always end up soft pedaling to keep the noise down so my head doesnt explode....

we will see if its the same after 5 hours in the speciale.   But theres nothing as amusing as scud or strad exhaust sound under power echoing off the rockside of piuma road or las flores canyon road on the way homw.... Yeeeeeehaaaaw

Watt, check the recent issue of EVO. They have an article on the Speciale.

watt:

its a nifty car, and for those who like exhaust noise, i think it will do.  I must say when driving a scud or strad long days, i always end up soft pedaling to keep the noise down so my head doesnt explode....

we will see if its the same after 5 hours in the speciale.   But theres nothing as amusing as scud or strad exhaust sound under power echoing off the rockside of piuma road or las flores canyon road on the way homw.... Yeeeeeehaaaaw

Headache shouldn't be a problem, the Speciale is much more quiet than Stradale or Challenge Stradale. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

As far as stock exhausts go, it doesn't getter better than the 599 GTO.

Rossi:
    watt:

Headache shouldn't be a problem, the Speciale is much more quiet than Stradale or Challenge Stradale. Smiley

Glad to hear that Rossi, as we plan long trips (auckland to golden bay on the south island).  Lower police profile also is good

FlatSix911:

As far as stock exhausts go, it doesn't getter better than the 599 GTO.

+100

watt:
    Rossi:
    watt:

Glad to hear that Rossi, as we plan long trips (auckland to golden bay on the south island).  Lower police profile also is good

Of course I meant "Scuderia" and Challenge Stradale. Smiley

The Speciale is a hell of a car (though I still don't like these new spoilers and winglets), but some say it has more in common with a Turbo S than with its predecessors.

--

People who claim that never drove both cars since they are as different as modern sportscar with different engine technology can be...

Kreso, re-read, what I wrote: I didn't say that the Speciale and the Turbo S are identical cars, how could they be with a NA-high-revving V8 in the one and a turbo-Boxer-6 in the other, but the Speciale got a lot more civilised compared to its predecessors, so that it is legitimate to compare it to a Turbo S, something you would have never done in case of a Scuderia or even Challenge Stradale.

--

Stefan,

I got your opinion right on first reading as well. Just, I do not agree with it. Maybe 458 Speciale is indeed more civilsed in comparison to its predecessors but, is it more civilised then 991 GT3 for example?  I do not think so... So, is it really valid to compare 458 Speciale to 991 TS? Apple and oranges IMO. 

Neither 458 Speciale or 991 GT3 are designed for daily usage.  991 TS on the other hand can be used daily.

One thing is common for both cars-their excellens.

From the EVO article; "The Speciale is loud. Too loud, I'd say, but there will be an optional exhaust for people who want to attend track days and don't like tinnitus."

FWIW, the writer loved the car.His finally conclusion; 

"On these roads. on any roads, its more exciting than the 650S and has a greater capacity to entertain than even the GT3. Take your brain out and the Porsche can shadow the Speciale, mainly because it has much greater traction and the slightly slower steering gives you more confidence in the corners. Bring price into the equation and it's simply unbeatable. But...the Speciale is just more intense, more involving and literally makes you whoop with delight."

The GT3 at less than half the price of the Speciale and 650S is quite impressive.

What is definite from the above is that the McLaren is the wrong choice.

The choice between the other two depends on how much money you want to spend on an occasional use car and how well you can handle the wilder Ferrari. 

--

"Form follows function"

watt:
    crayphile:

I drove 9 strads and 2 scuds daily, so the noise not a problem here, but i'm pretty deafSmiley I attribute that deafness to driving across Morocco with Sweet Home Alabama at maximum volume for a year, but maybe the strads helped tooSmiley

You may be right, its clear those turbo engines are coming with the california already....  As the fchat newest newest guys rush to buy the turbo 8 cylinders maybe these will discount like scuds, it will depend how many are made.  Or ---Witness rhd strad prices now going through the roof!  Hard to know.

The car is 1.9x as expensive as a gt3 in NZ but i decided to go ahead when my gt3 order was ruined by the engine troubles...  Whether its capable of being worth that much more is unlikely.... But i cant even order a 2015 gt3 yet, things are so screwed up. So what the hell, we only live onceSmiley

Gee Nick, please read the thread!  And let us know when you finally get your prodigal gt3Smiley and as i said on the macan turbo thread: 

... and Ferrari Speciale certain to be reminiscent of strad fun, but not the value of the new Gt3 but they're not really available....right now. And at least the Speciale has no super Ricer wingSmiley

SmileySmileySmiley

Watt, I was trying to complimentary about the Speciale. The writer raved about it. The GT3 as a super car is not in the class of the Speciale. Sorry if it came off as being derogatory about the Speciale. That was not my intention. I have always loved Ferrari's.

reginos:

What is definite from the above is that the McLaren is the wrong choice.

The choice between the other two depends on how much money you want to spend on an occasional use car and how well you can handle the wilder Ferrari. 

It was kind of a dumb comparison though. Two track-day specials vs a daily driver convertible.

As for the 991 or the Speciale, it's pretty much the same question every time -- GT3 or CS, GT3 or Scuderia, GT3 or Speciale.

RC:

After listening to some California T videos, I think that getting a 458 Speciale or even a F12 right now may be the right thing to do, before Ferrari ruins the exhaust/engine sound on all of their cars. I know that this isn't exactly Ferrari's fault but...

I actually took the plunge on a MY 2015 458 Spider (instead of the Cali T) partially for this reason... :)

Congrats!

keithos27:
    RC:

I actually took the plunge on a MY 2015 458 Spider (instead of the Cali T) partially for this reason... :)

I saw a Cali T driving on the street today and I heard absolutely nothing (usually a Ferrari makes itself known, even when in light traffic like this one).

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550

watt:

How is it?. Mines months awaySmiley

The wait will be worth it. Smiley

It is one hell of a car!!

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    753324 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430825 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258642 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255501 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79551 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5256 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868418 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    802013 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM