Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Corvette tail light photoshoped

Even though I'm not a fan of corvette, I got really disappointed seeing rear headlights shaped like transformation movie robots!

I did a quick solution and added a round back lights at least to keep the corvette spirit and tradition.

Did I do it right??      

Please, feel free to express you're opinion.

2014-Chevrolet-corvette-Stingray-rear-end.jpg

c71.png

c72.png

Re: Corvette tail light photoshoped

Not my style - however, maybe put LED around the frame a la P1 would look good ?

No matter what you do... That rear end will always be ugly as hell. 

--

Suzy

2013 Porsche Boxster S (MT) | Basalt black metallic
    2014 Audi A6 Avant 3.0 BiTDI Quattro | Moonshine blue metallic

I wouldn't call it ugly because many people are amazed with C7 yes but i can't stand it if you want the truth.

SuzyF:

NOTHING  on the road, at any price level,  is as ugly as the Panamera (aka the Hunchback) , since we are talking rear ends !

MKW:
    SuzyF:

NOTHING  on the road, at any price level,  is as ugly as the Panamera (aka the Hunchback) , since we are talking rear ends !

I respectfully disagree... Smiley The Panamera is a beauty compared to this "thing". Any corvette newer than a C3 is not my cup of tea anyways. In fact most American cars aren't....

--

Suzy

SuzyF:
    MKW:
    SuzyF:

I respectfully disagree... Smiley The Panamera is a beauty compared to this "thing". Any corvette newer than a C3 is not my cup of tea anyways. In fact most American cars aren't....

Every brand, forget country of origin, has awful looking cars. 

Our family currently has Audi, MBZ , Lexus ,BMW and Porsche brands and each has design challenged cars , in addition to nice looking ones . My  quick highlight  list , though each brand has at least 50%  ugly cars or more, in my picky opinion

Audi Q7, newer A 4

MBZ CLA, GLK, new C class, droopy REAR end/ rear lights of new S Class, 

BMW ..X6, most  of the GT  versions, current 7 series

Porsche Panamera, prev Cayman

Lexus GS , GX, LX

The original "Bangle butt" on the 7-Series BMW

The C7 Corvette actually is rather attractive when seen in its natural habitat.  The photographs tend to exaggerate styling features that really are not as prominent when one views it on the street.  The new Corvette actually appears very small and lithe, especially when compared with the surrounding vehicles.  Like all cars, some colors are more agreeable then others; however, the taillamp treatment is not jarring or offsetting.  The four exhaust pipes, on the other hand...

CGX car nut:

The C7 Corvette actually is rather attractive when seen in its natural habitat

A ranch in Texas? Smiley

--

2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | S-PASM (-20mm) | PSE

2010 Audi S5 cabrio | Ibis White

bluelines:
    CGX car nut:

A ranch in Texas? Smiley

Yes, next to real cattle.

bluelines:
    CGX car nut:

A ranch in Texas? Smiley

Smiley

The rough side profile of the C7 looks very good, but to me the car doesn't have an own identity. It's a bad copy of a lot of style elements of the Ferrari F12 and 599 which are very nice cars. The C7 could have been an equally nice car, but instead the design looks too messy without any harmony between the style elements. Just copying things and throwing them into a basic design doesn't make that design look as good as the original.... It takes some knowledge and talent.

--

Suzy

SuzyF:
    bluelines:
    CGX car nut:

A ranch in Texas? Smiley

Smiley

The rough side profile of the C7 looks very good, but to me the car doesn't have an own identity. It's a bad copy of a lot of style elements of the Ferrari F12 and 599 which are very nice cars. The C7 could have been an equally nice car, but instead the design looks too messy without any harmony between the style elements. Just copying things and throwing them into a basic design doesn't make that design look as good as the original.... It takes some knowledge and talent.

--

Suzy

Have you seen a Corvette on the streets?  First, there is hardly any issue with comparisons to the Ferrari F12 since that car is extremely rare in the States.  This Corvette is rather attractive and has the build quality and the performance to back up its looks.  

Be careful with comments on Texas and ranches, some of those ranches are almost as large as Switzerland.

CGX car nut:

Be careful with comments on Texas and ranches, some of those ranches are almost as large as Switzerland.

I bet they have more cows too.

l.gif

--

CGX car nut:
    SuzyF:
    bluelines:
    CGX car nut:

A ranch in Texas? Smiley

Smiley

--

Suzy

Have you seen a Corvette on the streets?  First, there is hardly any issue with comparisons to the Ferrari F12 since that car is extremely rare in the States.  This Corvette is rather attractive and has the build quality and the performance to back up its looks.  

I have seen the car a couple of times in the flesh and sat in it as well and it didn't change my mind. The interior looks and feels a lot better than C6, but is still not on par with (admittedly more expensive) german brands. Comparison with  F12 is certainly not a bad thing if it was executed right.... Unfortunately it is not.

However... For the money (at least in the US) it's a great alternative for any sportscar. No doubt about it... But that doesn 't make the car look good (matter of taste of course).

And yes I know... In the USA everything is bigger, especially in Texas... But that doesn 't make it better Smiley  And no I'm not careful with comments....  Smiley

--

Suzy

Compared with the vast majority of U.S. built cars, the new Corvette is a refreshing change and a step in the correct direction.  It must be compared with that metric to appreciate it.

CGX car nut:

Compared with the vast majority of U.S. built cars, the new Corvette is a refreshing change and a step in the correct direction.  It must be compared with that metric to appreciate it.

Agree with that!  Smiley It certainly is refreshing compared to a lot of other cars. Although personally i kinda like the muscle cars and especially the Dodge Challenger for what it is. It's not a very good car, but for the money it costs in the USA, I like that car. You get what you pay for (maybe even more) and that applies also to the Corvette. 

--

Suzy

bluelines:
    CGX car nut:

A ranch in Texas? Smiley

you are in Europe...have you seen one in person..? .in the flesh , it looks smaller than a 991 or 981  , which in person are bigger/longer  than they appear in pics.  also... dimensionally, I believe it is shorter than the two Porsches

sorta like Lambos , which are much smaller in person than pics., esp the Aventador that looks the size of a truck in photos..must  something about cars with creases and that are wide and low...they photograph bigger than the jelly bean cars .. Porsches 

SuzyF:
    CGX car nut:

Agree with that!  Smiley It certainly is refreshing compared to a lot of other cars. Although personally i kinda like the muscle cars and especially the Dodge Challenger for what it is. It's not a very good car, but for the money it costs in the USA, I like that car. You get what you pay for (maybe even more) and that applies also to the Corvette.

the current Challenger is a joke compared to the orig one I remember  in high school ...a classmate had a green GTA...it is now about twice the size

my favorites from that time are the #1, the 1968 Plymouth Road Runner

#2, the  mighty 1969 Chevy Chevelle SS 396, my sister's car,  and which I learned to drive a stick on which looked EXACTLY like this pic, down to these factory correct  wheels , tires , color , stripe and OEM black vinyl top.. a highly sought after cult classic today.   Note the THIN A pillar - it gave a panoramic view down the road , as if the front and side were ALL glass... a long gone  driving experience with today's roll-over  stds

MKW:
    SuzyF:
    CGX car nut:

the current Challenger is a joke compared to the orig one I remember  in high school ...a classmate had a green GTX....it is now about twice the size 

True, but let's be honest... that applies to all cars these days.

My father in law, who lives in California, has a SRT8 Challenger and we did a 2400 mile roadtrip last year with that car.  I really liked it and for that purpose, the car is great. On the small, narrow roads here in Switzerland the car wouldn't feel at home, but for that roadtrip it was perfect. I did most of the driving and I was somehow surprised by the car. But yes... It's big and feels very heavy. When my father in law was still living in Holland, he had a 1971  Challanger (restoring American muscle cars always has been his hobby) and yes I agree, that was nicer to look at, but i love cars from that 60's and 70's era in general, so  i might be slightly biased. Smiley

--

Suzy

MKW:
    bluelines:
    CGX car nut:

A ranch in Texas? Smiley

you are in Europe...have you seen one in person..? .in the flesh

Yes, in Geneva in March.

1399405839615DSC_7403.jpg

--

MKW:

Saw this puppy in Seattle last year. Couldn't make any sense of it until I looked it up on wikipedia... great car!

1399412570843Img_3460_1680.jpg

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

bluelines:
    MKW:
    bluelines:
    CGX car nut:

A ranch in Texas? Smiley

you are in Europe...have you seen one in person..? .in the flesh

Yes, in Geneva in March.

1399405839615DSC_7403.jpg

That doesn't look like any of the ranches in Texas I've seen, not that they would fit in Geneva anyway.

apias:

That doesn't look like any of the ranches in Texas I've seen, not that they would fit in Geneva anyway.

This baby has since long returned to Southfork 1399436269416driving.gif

On a more serious note, the reason I wrote ranch, and please accept my most sincere apologies for any hurt feelings or traumas this might have caused, was that the most interested visitor swarming around this car was some Swiss dude with a cowboy hat and moustache. A striking resemblance to Sam Elliot's character in The Big Lebowski. Unfortunately out of picture in my photo above.

Anyway, back to topic. The tail lights look like sh*t. So does the whole car. A cheap copy of a Maserati GranTurismo and a Ferrari 599 with a badly executed body kit and random carbon foil. Can anyone count the number of air inlets and spoilers? Does such a high number even exist? I don't care if it is "good value for money" or if it is faster than all Porsches out there. It has zero appeal to me.

Smiley

--

bluelines:
    apias:

This baby has since long returned to Southfork 1399436269416driving.gif

On a more serious note, the reason I wrote ranch, and please accept my most sincere apologies for any hurt feelings or traumas this might have caused, was that the most interested visitor swarming around this car was some Swiss dude with a cowboy hat and moustache. A striking resemblance to Sam Elliot's character in The Big Lebowski. Unfortunately out of picture in my photo above.

Anyway, back to topic. The tail lights look like sh*t. So does the whole car. A cheap copy of a Maserati GranTurismo and a Ferrari 599 with a badly executed body kit and random carbon foil. Can anyone count the number of air inlets and spoilers? Does such a high number even exist? I don't care if it is "good value for money" or if it is faster than all Porsches out there. It has zero appeal to me.

Smiley

+1

--

Suzy

I have seen two C7 in person one of them belongs to a friend , the style is too busy and soon it will be boring. I have no problim with that, the most thing that bothers me that the original design have been changed and the simplicity of corvette look is gone. Not to mention the Ferrari lights. 

Joost:
    MKW:

Saw this puppy in Seattle last year. Couldn't make any sense of it until I looked it up on wikipedia... great car!

1399412570843Img_3460_1680.jpg

IMO, the Road Runner " jumped the shark " with  the above 1970 Superbird version, the first production car developed under high speed wind tunnel track testing - for NASCAR homologation for Richard Petty's team -  but got banned later anyway. Too outrageous even for craziest road car enthusiasts of the time ( and even some current GT3RS road car lovers,  I suspect )  . Hemi engined versions currently worth up to $500,000 and climbing.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689596 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409240 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255752 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234998 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65524 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4648 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858000 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774054 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM