Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

One-Off - Ferrari SP America

Here is one more very special Ferrari that is being made for one person only. This one-off Ferrari is going with the name of Ferrari SP America.

What Ferrari do you guys think its based on.

Re: One-Off - Ferrari SP America

F12 with less sharp design and a retractable hardtop? I think I read somewhere that Ferrari had patented such roof. Probably for a very rich customer....yes

--

Suzy

2013 Porsche Boxster S (MT) | Basalt black metallic
    2014 Audi A6 Avant 3.0 BiTDI Quattro | Moonshine blue metallic

If this is a convertible, then the F12 convertible must be in the works. Hard to imagine they'd waste just a development on a one-off.

Love that hood.

Reminiscent of 250GTO front?

noone1:

If this is a convertible, then the F12 convertible must be in the works. Hard to imagine they'd waste just a development on a one-off.

A convertible F12 could very well be on the way, or perhaps the one-off customer will foot the bill for the R&D anyway  :)

Looks promising from what we can see.

I hope Ferrari bring some of the classic style in their designs. Recent cars have been injected with modernity and wild detailing, which to my eyes is not as attractive as the old style. Someone might say that all these details are functional for aerodynamics etc. But I think these are done on purpose to make their designs more aggressive.

I am writing this because I saw an immaculate 550 Maranello this afternoon in Red and I felt an excitement by its styling, after all these years. The F12 is impressive and imposing but it doesn't aesthetically please. Beauty is an essential part of Italian cars. If they don't please the eye, they might as well be McLarens.

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:

I hope Ferrari bring some of the classic style in their designs. Recent cars have been injected with modernity and wild detailing, which to my eyes is not as attractive as the old style. Someone might say that all these details are functional for aerodynamics etc. But I think these are done on purpose to make their designs more aggressive.

I am writing this because I saw an immaculate 550 Maranello this afternoon in Red and I felt an excitement by its styling, after all these years. The F12 is impressive and imposing but it doesn't aesthetically please. Beauty is an essential part of Italian cars. If they don't please the eye, they might as well be McLarens.

Yes, the front hood scoops looks like the 250 GTO scoops.

mark0006:
    reginos:

Yes, the front hood scoops looks like the 250 GTO scoops.

I am sorry but that's one ugly ass car.  It looks like a 8 yr old slap together some egg shells and call it a car.  There isn't a coherent design theme,  pretty much a gangbang  of  design ideas.

i don't really care how much it cost, ugly car is an ugly car, doesn't matter the price tag 

--

no Ugly??? That is, together with the Jag E-type, one of the best looking cars ever made!!! 

--

Suzy

The 250 GTO is an incredibly beautiful machine with a fantastic racing history.

I'm extremely surprised that a car lover could call it ugly.

@ Whoopsy.  Initially, I thought your comments related to the half covered car!

However, I am suprised that a man of taste like you finds the GTO ugly. This car together with other Italians of the same era are the goddesses among cars. An exquisite style that hasn't been repeated ever since. The 60s was the golden period of the Italian car and the female Italian film stars Smiley

A detail: The three slots on the bonnet had covers that locked into place when the car was not used for racing or max performance and as a result didn't need extra cooling.

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:

However, I am suprised that a man of taste like you finds the GTO ugly. This car together with other Italians of the same era are the goddesses among cars. An exquisite style that hasn't been repeated ever since. The 60s was the golden period of the Italian car and the female Italian film stars Smiley

A detail: The three slots on the bonnet had covers that locked into place when the car was not used for racing or max performance and as a result didn't need extra cooling.

--

"Form follows function"

IMHO, the Alfa Romeo 8C came pretty close. (By far the best lookimg "modern" car).

--

Suzy

SuzyF:
    reginos:

--

"Form follows function"

IMHO, the Alfa Romeo 8C came pretty close. (By far the best lookimg "modern" car).

The 8C is very beautiful indeed, but the design that really alludes to that period is the Alfieri.

--

"Form follows function"

Just shows that "beauty" is something that is and forever will be subjective... to each their own :)

keithos27:

Just shows that "beauty" is something that is and forever will be subjective... to each their own :)

Not really. You've either got taste or you haven't. ;)

--

RS60 Spyder, 991 GT3 RS pending... :(

I would not call the 250 gto ugly.

boytronic:
    keithos27:

Not really. You've either got taste or you haven't. ;)

Taste has nothing to do with it. Taste is about what you like (subjective), beauty can be determined mathematically and even induced by aspects like proportion, perspective, perception.

Cars like the Audi A5 for example and the Aston martin DB9 never come of quite well in pictures but have dead on proportions in real life. For them the flat perspective of a picture doesn't do any justice at all. There are measurements and visual relationships between shapes that we are just programmed to like. The fact that they work together with the aesthetic language of one brand or another are the responsibility of a design team.  If we really get down to it the 911 isn't the best example of proportionate design, the 991 has made a great job of making the shape work. The fact that anyone liked some of the models is perception. The love of the brand, and a shape that represents a mechanical layout Porsche  fans love (engine at the rear) made enthusiasts think it looked ok. I'm sure many will disagree with that.

In reality beauty is way less subjective than many may think. 

Very well written Enmanual and  so true..... kiss

--

Suzy

Thumbs up Enma! Smiley

Spot on.

--

There is no try. Just do.

Well said, straight from architecture class kiss

--

1991 BMW 535i Granitsilber/White Leather

Ex: '91 BMW 318i, '89 BMW 525i, '74 Mercedes-Benz 280E, '87 BMW 325is, '86 BMW 325e, '05 Ford Focus ZX4 S, '85.5 Porsche 944

SuzyF:

no Ugly??? That is, together with the Jag E-type, one of the best looking cars ever made!!! 

Well I think the E-type is ugly too haha. Same for the Miura. Those proportions just looks weird to me.

Those 60s curve do nothing for me, I dislike the thin chrome trims that was hip during that time too. 

I know I am the minority in car taste, everyone I talked to thinks I am crazy, maybe I am.

I, however, love the 30s cars, Mercedes 500K is one of my favourite. Duesenberg? Oh I am in heaven.

But generally I like a modern, function over form design, maybe I unknowingly had some German blood in me. But a Enzo looks perfect to me, which most people say is one of the ugliest Ferrari, I also like a Countach over the Miura. 

And yes, it's ok to call me a weirdo, I know I am one. Smiley 

--

LOL!

I still don't really understand why you don't like them, while you do like the 918's design. The 918 has some basic lines and shapes in its design that are similar to a lot of 60's cars IMHO. (The reason why I like the 918's design a lot)
    But hey, there's nothing more personal than taste of course. wink
    I really like the cars of the 60'sand 70's very much. Especially the Italian cars of that era, but I might be a slightly biased  :)

--

Suzy

The GTO is the ultimate in function over form and utterly fantastic to behold.  Modern Porsche are nowhere near and the stupidly big wheels are a particular bugbear.

--

Gen II Cayman S

I'm wit Whoopsy here. The e-type lloks visually unbalanced with that long sweeping bonnet and the weird short cabin and vertical drop aft of it. Same for for example the bmw z3... I just don't like this type of basic car shape, no matter how much of a classic it may be...

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

I believe that 250gto is much an overestimated car. Ferrari made much more beautiful cars during their history - 330p is the greatest example. From the same period alfa tipo 33 is also much more beautiful!

--

sportcars-history.com

Maybe you prefer the cheapest Datsun 240Z kiss

The same basic design

pgouveia:

Maybe you prefer the cheapest Datsun 240Z kiss

The same basic design

Damn, that's a nice one. I guess I like all kinds of cars Smiley

New pic:

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Another one:

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    763751 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436128 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260871 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257832 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82575 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5325 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

876198 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808478 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM