Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Porsche should be ashamed!

Congrats to Nick, I hope he gets another 991 and enjoys it.  

kiss

Hope he takes a new 991

--

EnglishManInNY:

No comments from RC recently. Where'd he go - Miami again?

Got to love the power of social media!

RC is in Easton, USA... Solving some recent problems at PCNA in a diplomatic way Smiley

--

Suzy

2013 Porsche Boxster S (MT) | Basalt black metallic
    2014 Audi A6 Avant 3.0 BiTDI Quattro | Moonshine blue metallic

Loved the comments section of the video....anyho... indecision

COME BACK RC WE MISS YOU!!!

--

2013 BMW 750 xDrive & 2012 x5 & 2014 991 TTS Cab. Range Rover V8 on order June14 - GT3 or Huracan to add next......decisions decisions decisions.....

I'm upset about reliability I had gear replaced in my 996 and after that engine seal broke on 50,000 km.

my friend got his gear replaced TWICE in his 997 also another electric issues. 

Porsche have been in a lot of stress this year because the GT3 and now this , I hope they push there quality to maximum I'm one of those who can't leave Porsche for anything else, let's hope facelift will be better than ever.

Congrats to Nick for getting what he was asking for all along which is more than fair - just a refund for the full purchase price.    This car needs to be taken apart by Porsche to see what was really wrong so this doesn't happen to another customer.

--

2014 Carrera S - Agate grey/blk, 7 spd MT, SPASM, sport chrono, PSE plus Sharkwerks side pipes

2009  997.2  Carrara White/ blk

2013 BMW 328i Sport (mineral grey/black)

06 987S Seal Grey/blk/blk  (gone but not forgotten!)

Power of internet gave this guy a happy ending, no way Porsche would had solve the problem in 48h like they did and the way they did. Happy to see he got what he deserve.

--

J.Seven

In my experience the relationship is almost entirely down to the dealer. As far as our Porsche experience goes we've had four, not the slightest issue reliability wise with any of them - even our current 997/2 which is approaching 6 years old. 

However the ownership experience has been patchy as regards relationships with dealers. Our first two cars were purchased from Porsche Centre Bournemouth; when they were a small family owned business they were very good, sadly they were taken over by the Inchcape group and almost overnight they became disinterested, uncaring and after sales and goodwill became worth nothing. Our 997 came from Porsche Centre Swindon who are as good as Bournemouth used to be - but again they are are a comparatively small family owned (Dick Lovett) group where customers matter after they've taken the money and goodwill important.

it should not be left to the customer to fight battles like this one - a good dealer should take up the batton and not walk away and leave the customer to sort it out.

--

Porsche 997 Carrera S PDK Aqua Blue / Black - Skoda Octavia Mk.3 daily drive

FlatSix911:

.......Finding a good service center is not always easy and it can be key to the ownership experience.

Smiley

--

For me, good experience with any car maker is 10% sales and 90% after sales. 

Even the most brilliant car can be ruined by a bad after sales from owner's perspective, IMO.

Boyko23:

For me, good experience with any car maker is 10% sales and 90% after sales. 

Even the most brilliant car can be ruined by a bad after sales from owner's perspective, IMO.

Smiley

--

dreamcar:

However the ownership experience has been patchy as regards relationships with dealers. Our first two cars were purchased from Porsche Centre Bournemouth; when they were a small family owned business they were very good, sadly they were taken over by the Inchcape group and almost overnight they became disinterested, uncaring and after sales and goodwill became worth nothing. Our 997 came from Porsche Centre Swindon who are as good as Bournemouth used to be - but again they are are a comparatively small family owned (Dick Lovett) group where customers matter after they've taken the money and goodwill important.

It actually puzzles me and I would be interested to hear the reasoning why so many manufacturers, even premium brands like Porsche, decide to hand over the business to huge dealer networks that are very anonymous and primarily focussed to report decent short-term numbers instead of building solid customer relationships. I truly believe that some are missing out on a tremendous opportunity to differentiate themselves.

I have to say though that I have only had good experiences with local Porsche dealerships.

Nick's video has gone completely viral. Got friends, who never had any interest in cars whatsoever, now sharing his video all over FB. Most of them with negative comments about Porsche. This is brand damage.

Nick seem to have gotten more than he asked for. I don't think he wanted to damage the brand, he wanted to get his car sorted. The social media mass hysteria is now doing the rest for him. Whether he asked for it or not...

--

2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | S-PASM (-20mm) | PSE
    2010 Audi S5 cabrio | Ibis White

Nick is in the "famous for 15 minutes" category.

--

"Form follows function"

Porsche have even more to be ashamed about now:  the Autoexpress customer satisfaction results are in and the 997 ranked 115th out of 150 for reliability and a barely any better 95th for overall satisfaction 

--

Gen II Cayman S

Hm, from 45 to 115 between 2013 and 2014... 

Very "reliable" survey... 

GR:

Porsche have even more to be ashamed about now:  the Autoexpress customer satisfaction results are in and the 997 ranked 115th out of 150 for reliability and a barely any better 95th for overall satisfaction 

Similar surveys in the US put Porsche on top of the list Smiley

All of this should be taken with a pinch of salt.

GR:

These are for consumption by magazine readers. Owners and drivers are predominantly satisfied. Plenty of repeat buyers too like in the case of all good brands.

--

"Form follows function"

Ferdie:
    dreamcar:

It actually puzzles me and I would be interested to hear the reasoning why so many manufacturers, even premium brands like Porsche, decide to hand over the business to huge dealer networks that are very anonymous and primarily focussed to report decent short-term numbers instead of building solid customer relationships. I truly believe that some are missing out on a tremendous opportunity to differentiate themselves.

I have to say though that I have only had good experiences with local Porsche dealerships.

Largely due to the massive investment  required to install the "Corporate Image" showrooms and facilities that many of the smaller - and far superior - independent owners struggle to finance. Smiley

That is certainly why Brian Deekes, the enthusiastic and perfectionist owner of Porsche Centre Bournemouth sold out to Inchcape Group - and they instantly ruined the business from a customers viewpoint. But their chinless and faceless bean-counters were happy. Smiley

--

There will always be problems with new cars from any brand. Porsche is considered very reliable with the 911 being very very reliable at the top of the list... His initial videos were very exciting, he's a gear head, but I think he didn't mean for this to happen. Also, it appears that he's quite of a confrontational personality which to means perhaps means others would have had more luck resolving their issues. In other videos he's driving his cars hard and he lets his dog chew on the exposed wiring in the 911 passenger foot well. I'm not entirely sure, but perhaps he's also 1% to blame for this Porsche. I'm glad he got this resolved, but it didn't need to be done so publicly IMO. He certainly didn't realize a miracle that's for sure because many many customers have successfully resolved a lemon purchase in the past. My dad being one of them.

--

1991 BMW 535i Granitsilber/White Leather

Ex: '91 BMW 318i, '89 BMW 525i, '74 Mercedes-Benz 280E, '87 BMW 325is, '86 BMW 325e, '05 Ford Focus ZX4 S, '85.5 Porsche 944

...on the other hand, I feel terrible sorry for this guy who has saved for 5 years to get this car. For 5 years! The video is truly heartbreaking. Group hug, please. There are people who are forced to live in war zones or starve for 5 years and more. Where is their support? Maybe they can make YouTube videos too?

IMHO it is a developed world non-issue and it has gotten way too much attention. Am I the only one who finds this mass psychosis on the Internet slightly disturbing?

--

His comment about his dog was a joke. It wasn't meant per batim.

bluelines:

...on the other hand, I feel terrible sorry for this guy who has saved for 5 years to get this car. For 5 years! The video is truly heartbreaking. Group hug, please. There are people who are forced to live in war zones or starve for 5 years and more. Where is their support? Maybe they can make YouTube videos too?

IMHO it is a developed world non-issue and it has gotten way too much attention. Am I the only one who finds this mass psychosis on the Internet slightly disturbing?

No, there's a hash tag for that: #firstworldproblems

690.jpg

SuzyF:

After months and months of trouble, the problems on this car still aren't solved! Hopefully this video will go viral. Porsche deservs it! Smiley

http://youtu.be/-eXUnZrykDY

I had so many Porsche cars before and never had a serious problem with them. On the contrary, my last couple of Porsche cars have been completely trouble free and I really drive the cars very hard.

This doesn't mean sh.t can't happen but so far, I cannot say anything really bad about Porsche quality.

The way they handle warranty/quality disputes may be improvable though because it seems that some dealers don't try hard enough and Porsche always wants the customer to talk to his dealer, not Porsche directly. So either they improve dealer awareness and consequences or they take over from the dealer, as soon as the dealer thinks he needs to "escalate" the complaint.

Porsche cars have become very expensive in my opinion, so Porsche could at least improve service and handling of warranty issues. This is something they really have to work on, I agree. Even if I never had any of such issues (for various reasons you can imagine, thanks to Rennteam).

As to the video itself and the guy in the video: I get it. He saved five years to get this car and he isn't a rich asshole (was this really necessary?) but as somebody who saved five years to get his dream car, maybe he should learn how to pronounce the brand name correctly. Smiley Yes, sh.t happens but if he talked to the dealer the way he made "jokes" in the video, I can imagine why the dealer didn't really try harder. Just saying.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014), BMW X3 35d (2013)

SuzyF:
    EnglishManInNY:

No comments from RC recently. Where'd he go - Miami again?

Got to love the power of social media!

RC is in Easton, USA... Solving some recent problems at PCNA in a diplomatic way Smiley

Actually I was in the USA...in Florida. Taking some off-time with the family and enjoying some non-car related relaxation. Smiley

Not that it was easy: When we arrived at Orlando airport, our Hertz car (Cadillac Escalade) wasn't ready and waiting for us (Hertz Club Gold President's Circle) after a 10 hour flight. My wife felt sick (she doesn't really take these long flights too well), so the guy at the counter offered an upgrade to a Cayenne. Then, when I found out that it is a Cayenne V6 (seriously???), my son wanted to get the Mercedes E63 AMG in their parking lot but unfortunately the car didn't have enough luggage room for us (four large suitcases). So we found a S550 but again...not enough luggage room. The Hertz guy called us a Mercedes GL 450 which took one hour(!) to be brought over from another location. The car's tire pressure system showed a tire pressure issue and when I looked at the tires, all four tires were each from different brands. Unbelievable. I refused to take the car with the TPM error and the four brands tires. So the guy found us a crappy Lincoln Navigator with only two different tire brands and the car looked as if it was ten years old. Horrible. Over two hours had passed and my wife almost puked there, so I was mad and tired and angry. I took the Lincoln Navigator just to get away and to our hotel. During our drive to the hotel, I noticed that the Sirius satellite radio wasn't working and the doors couldn't be locked from inside. Oh boy. At the hotel, I read the fine print of the rental agreement and saw that they have charged me with an additional(!) 2400 USD for the rental. I had already paid 1400 EUR (prepaid rental from Germany).

I went berserk on the guys at Hertz Orlando, sent an email to a friend who is regional vice president at Hertz USA. So I thought. Meanwhile, he had been promoted president of Hertz in a very big country. He took care of everything, wonderful guy, he was so mad at his people in Orlando. We got a perfect Cadillac Escalade delivered to our hotel in the late afternoon and yes, all tires were brand-new and all from the same brand. Smiley Satellite radio worked perfect too and all extra charges were dropped. I am a long time Hertz customer and would have never thought that something like that could happen. Hopefully for the last time.

Sorry for the long rant but as you can see...sh.t happens. Everywhere. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014), BMW X3 35d (2013)

There are first world problems everywhere 

--

OMG RC! How on earth can you drive a Cadillac Escalade?  mail Do you fancy a new carreer as a rapper? 

Seriously, I think I would rather leave some famiily behind than drive an Escalade.... Smiley (Maybe it's a good thing that I don't want kids, i would be a bad mother I guess).

oh.. Welcome back BTW indecision I hope that you, despite the Hertz problems, enjoyed a very nice vacation. kiss

--

Suzy

2013 Porsche Boxster S (MT) | Basalt black metallic
    2014 Audi A6 Avant 3.0 BiTDI Quattro | Moonshine blue metallic

RC, always posts during his holidays, except this time. I suspect he wanted a detox from rennteam, although he doesn't want to admit it.

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:

RC, always posts during his holidays, except this time. I suspect he wanted a detox from rennteam, although he doesn't want to admit it.

You can tell from his Hertz rant that he was suffering from Cold Turkey.    SmileySmiley

--

fritz

fritz:
    reginos:

You can tell from his Hertz rant that he was suffering from Cold Turkey.    SmileySmiley

SmileySmiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    765233 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    437168 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261372 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    258176 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82744 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5331 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

877450 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    809674 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM