Crown

Board: Porsche - Macan Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

new Rennteam member - Macan Turbo

After 4 month wait till public release and order here it is. I picked it up today. This is a launch car so no configuration changes were possible. 

Marke, Type: 95BAF1D1 Porsche Macan Turbo 21" Räder 
    Farbe: 0Q0Q
    0TD (1 Fußmatten)
    9W5 (1 Handyvorbereitung)
    5TL (1 Interieurpaket Klavierlack schwarz)
    3GN (1 Laderaummanagement)
    UN1 (1 Online-Dienste)
    3FU (1 Panorama Dachsystem)
    7X8 (1 ParkAssistent v+h inkl. Rückfahrkamera)
    7G9 (1 Porsche Car Connect (PCC))
    1NP (1 Radnabenabd. m. farbigem Porsche Wappen)
    9JB (1 Raucher-Paket)
    QJ4 (1 Seitenscheibenleiste schwarz (hochglanz))
    6H3 (1 Sideblades Carbon)
    4A3 (1 Sitzheizung vorne)
    3Y4 (1 Sonnenrollo Fondseitenfenster mechanisch)
    QR5 (1 Sport Chrono Paket bei PCM)
    9Q6 (1 Tempolimitanzeige)
    8T1 (1 Tempostat)

First Impressions (after 30km) are that you feel the weight of the car. Ok I’m used to 997 Turbo and now MP4-12C (coming up in an own thread ;)) but its heavy not Cayenne heavy but heavy.

Build quality is (as always from Porsche) top notch. One downside with partial leather is that the upper and lower door panels and the lower dash panel are not wrapped in leather and the plastic is by far not cheap but imho full leather would look better and I would see it as a must.

Sound … ehm which sound ??? There is no sound. Maybe I get used to it ;). I thought the 997 Turbo was quiet but this is like an electric car. Upcoming sport exhaust will be ordered.

Other than that I can say I’m a "little" bit in love ;). The Looks, Drivability, Engine Power, Interior, Build Quality, Panoramic Roof,….. are impressive. A detailed driving report and better pictures (forgot my RX100 Smiley) are coming up after some seat time.

Re: new Rennteam member - Macan Turbo

Congrats! wink Great looking car! kiss

--

2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | S-PASM (-20mm) | PSE
    2010 Audi S5 cabrio | Ibis White

I had read somewhere that panoramic roofs are in short supply .. lucky you got one 

Its a beauty, congrats Smiley

J.Seven

--

J.Seven

Looks great in white. Congrats! Enjoy!

--

2013 BMW 750 xDrive & 2012 x5 & 2014 991 TTS Cab. Range Rover V8 on order June14 - GT3 or Huracan to add next......decisions decisions decisions.....

VERY nice!
    Out of curiosity, is there a delete option for the black parts on the lower doors?
    Pretty impressive picture quality as well btw! kiss

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Thanks guys :)

The lower parts are carbon inserts and are looking very nice imho.I think it is possible to order them in body color.

Joost:

VERY nice!
    Out of curiosity, is there a delete option for the black parts on the lower doors?
    Pretty impressive picture quality as well btw! kiss

Congratulations, hunterone! Enjoy your white beauty and can't wait to see more photos and hear about your driving experience.

Joost - the Macan S models come as standard with black-painted sideblades and the Macan Turbo models get them painted in the vehicle's body color. Carbon sideblades are an option for both; black panels are an option on the Turbo and body-colored panels an option on the S.

rulesdontapply

--

2008 Porsche Boxster S PDE2
    2012 Porsche Cayenne S

Enjoy it! wink

Looks very nice in white ! Love the panoramic roof option. 

Enjoy!

--

991 (what a car!) XC90 - 120 Cab - 2 kids, 1 dog

Very Nice !  Enjoy - I always miss Vienna when I see your posts.  Hope to be there this summer for a bit.

Thinking about getting one for my wife and for our drive to the lake on the weekends.

congrats

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Very nice car, congratulations again. Smiley

Now have the rims painted in black and the car is perfect. Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Congratulations!  Love the photos.  I have a white Macan S arriving in about a month so it is nice to see an actual owner's personal photos.

Thanks guys :).

The car has really a great stance with the 21” and draws (right now) attention. Thumps Up from many ppl. I love the look especially from inclined front and back. Right now I’ve done only city driving and only 1 short highway trip over 20km. Quality feel is rock solid. No rattle nothing. Comfort (The seats are top) is very high for me but I’m not used to SUVs and no benchmark on this department. Interior is also nicely done.

I need to break in the car but right now I can say the power is there and enough for city driving and A or B roads. For highway driving in Germany J it lacks a little bit in the upper speed range above 180 km/h. What surprises me is that when you drive a little bit faster through turns you can feel the rear biased all-wheel drive system. Very willing and eager to turn in and out of corners. So really a nice drive for an SUV. Suspension in Normal Mode is under damped but Sport Mode is a very good setting for faster driving.

Glückwunsch!

Nice looking car, enjoy! I guess you must be one of the first deliveries, didn't see a Macan on the streets of Vienna yet. 

Yup first delivery in Austria :). Right now in 1010 Weihburggasse to look at blush

Danke

Hey would you let us know if in high speed turns, say in tight canyons,,  does the car need Pdcc  or not.   The Cayenne GTS I drove practically had no body roll at all.  It had Pdcc, and without it that car rolls..    But then maybe the Macan turbo is low enough and tightly sprung enough to not warrant Pdcc.    I do find it curious thought that the 991 turbo comes with Pdcc while the new GT3 is touted for not needing it by their lead designer.   Thanks

Van-:

I do find it curious thought that the 991 turbo comes with Pdcc while the new GT3 is touted for not needing it by their lead designer.   Thanks

The benefit with PDCC is that the car can act like it has both soft and stiff roll-bars. This is useful for a car which is mostly driven on the road, but not a track oriented car like the GT3. Hence the GT3 does not need PDCC, just stiff roll-bars. Keeps the weight down too for the GT3.

--

2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | S-PASM (-20mm) | PSE
    2010 Audi S5 cabrio | Ibis White

Congratulations! Great looking car and brilliant photos. kiss Looking forward to an extended driver report. That steering looks fondletastic!.

a side by side shot with a Cayenne. More details coming next week after some seat time, but as today it is an absolute awesome machine as a DD.

I was chasing one of these on the A9 in Germany earlier this week, it looked pretty good in white, and boy did it move. The driver wasnt' lifting through fast sweepers even at 270km/h, which should prove the stability this reasonably tall car has.

Enjoy in good health!

--

2003 BMW M3 CSL / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS / 2013 MINI John Cooper Works GP / 2014 BMW Alpina D3 biturbo Touring

U now got two of my current desired car!!!! Could u please give a bit more detail on how it drive as to high speed lane moving and what's the difference from ur 997...  Is the drive quality and steering feel not much differences?  Nevermind the power differnces, but if they can set up a car drives like a sports car.......  I always hated the SUV ride height, so never thought I would ever consider a SUV, but now with this Macan!!  looks like a SUV drive like a sports car??  does it make rear seat passanger dizzy going through moutnains??  Anyways!  congrads to both cars.... don't think u would spend much time in this car when u have 12C in hand....

new Rennteam member - McLaren MP4-12C Spider

Its a SUV - a very sporty one. Dont compare it to a 997/991 or see it as a all in one replacement. I mean it drives sporty, has a lot of power and grunt but on the other side its comfortable, has the ride height of a SUV. For me im also in love with this one, i smile when i jump in and drive it but dont expect a sports car. For me its a perfect DD and addon to a sports car like GT3 or 12C.

Thanks. I will drive the 12C only on weekends so this week ive a little bit more seat time in the Macan Smiley

Re: new Rennteam member - McLaren MP4-12C Spider

Best looking new Porsche product. Kinda makes the cayenne look old.

Porker:

I was chasing one of these on the A9 in Germany earlier this week.  

how lucky you are. 270 km/h how nice and this without any worries of getting catched.

anyway the car look stunning in white, the rims are great but i also think they should be in black. the side mirrors should also be black.

Sorry for the question. how do you feel the car with two people in it. have you got enough space on the back roof

--

997 Turbo S, 997 GT3 Cup; Cayenne S; Audi TT; Birel Kart; John Deer.

Are you alloid in your country to tint the back side windows? i would do that and then leave the mirror black/whiteangry

well i'm no one to tell you what to do on your car

i'm also thinking of getting mine in white but i'm still waiting a bit. i might wait two years and then maybe, they will be some changes on the Macan. but i did sit in it and i find the car for a couple with no teenage kids, good. i think that if you have a family, you should go for the cayenne, if the kids are gone and you stil want a SUV Porsche, the macan fits perfectly.

--

997 Turbo S, 997 GT3 Cup; Cayenne S; Audi TT; Birel Kart; John Deer.

hunterone:

Thanks guys :).

I need to break in the car but right now I can say the power is there and enough for city driving and A or B roads. For highway driving in Germany J it lacks a little bit in the upper speed range above 180 km/h. What surprises me is that when you drive a little bit faster through turns you can feel the rear biased all-wheel drive system. Very willing and eager to turn in and out of corners. So really a nice drive for an SUV. Suspension in Normal Mode is under damped but Sport Mode is a very good setting for faster driving.

Please describe passing power say form 70 kmh to 140.  The numbers make it only slightly slower than a 991 s, but your input would be very helpful.  Im about to order one, thanks wattSmiley

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688516 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408689 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255520 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234773 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65388 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4634 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857566 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773352 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM