Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Porsche should be ashamed!

After months and months of trouble, the problems on this car still aren't solved! Hopefully this video will go viral. Porsche deservs it! Smiley

http://youtu.be/-eXUnZrykDY

--

Suzy

2013 Porsche Boxster S (MT) | Basalt black metallic
    2014 Audi A6 Avant 3.0 BiTDI Quattro | Moonshine blue metallic

Re: Porsche should be ashamed!

I've never had problems with mine 4 or 5, and currently 2.

I think young Nick is an unlucky type of guy. Perhaps he was born under a bad sign and inflicted with bad luck in which case problems with his car will be the least of his worries. 

Sorry but I don't like to generalize from the specific (especially without first hand knowlege), even in cases where there might be a premise.

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:

I think young Nick is an unlucky type of guy. Perhaps he was born under a bad sign and inflicted with bad luck in which case problems with his car will be the least of his worries. 

--

"Form follows function"

Well... My Boxster has seen the workshop more than any other car I've owned (and that includes two Alfa's!) while it has only been used for half a year (didn't drive in winter), but all were only minor faults or rattles (Lucky for them). I love the brand Porsche, but I don't have that much faith in them in terms of build quality. It's certainly not what one would expect.

However, I agree that he doesn't have much luck with this, but it's unbelievable how PCNA is handling this. I truly admire his patience... 

--

Suzy

SuzyF:
    reginos:

--

"Form follows function"

Well... My Boxster has seen the workshop more than any other car I've owned (and that includes two Alfa's!) while it has only been used for half a year (didn't drive in winter), but all were only minor faults or rattles (Lucky for them). I love the brand Porsche, but I don't have that much faith in them in terms of build quality. It's certainly not what one would expect.

However, I agree that he doesn't have much luck with this, but it's unbelievable how PCNA is handling this. I truly admire his patience... 

A car should not sit still for 6 months. Like in a human inactivity does damage. I know your weather is not inviting for open sportscars for many months, but.....

As to rattles, these are to be expected in a modern convertible with its numerous and complicated moving parts etc. Many are temperature related and cannot be solved. Others the driver can only identify and solve him/herself. It takes a lot of time and workshops don't devote such time, unless it is a common problem and they know the solution beforehand.

--

"Form follows function"

You really have to be amazed at the guys patience and good nature in the face of adversity. He is a very credible person.

His car isn't just a lemon, its a rolling piece of unsafe crap that Porsche should have voluntarily taken back and replaced before it kills him or someone else.

In the UK, I had a VW Golf GTI replaced in the 90s with just one serious problem (that was in the meantime solved). But nevertheless I elected to reject the product.

Perhaps, consumer laws in the USA are weak and they favour the corporations rather than the "small man"

--

"Form follows function"

Kimi:
    reginos:

As to rattles, these are to be expected in a modern convertible with its numerous and complicated moving parts etc. Many are temperature related and cannot be solved. Others the driver can only identify and solve him/herself. It takes a lot of time and workshops don't devote such time, unless it is a common problem and they know the solution beforehand.

Disagree. One of the the cars in our family is a 6 yo E93 BMW Cabrio, the one with the metal origami roof. No extra rattles. Period. Given the fact that this isn't the most rigid chassis I've ever met, it just shows you can make a quality item if you want to.

I know of people with rattles on this model, so nothing is absolute. Or the roads in your area are very smooth.

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:
    SuzyF:
    reginos:

--

"Form follows function"

A car should not sit still for 6 months. Like in a human inactivity does damage. I know your weather is not inviting for open sportscars for many months, but.....

Car hasn't been sitting still for 6 months. Only 3  (late november untill late february. i bought the car in june).  That shouldn 't be a problem for a Porsche. 

I don't expect ANY rattles or sqeaks in a CHF 100k or more car. No matter if it is a convertible or not. I've had an Audi S5 convertible and that did't have any rattles or problems. If  I hear a sqeak or a rattle, I'm on the phone. I know that they don 't like it, but I don't like the rattles and I 'm the one paying for the car! It's their job to solve the problems of the car. Simple as that...  So far I don't have any complaints about my dealership. Everything is solved perfectly and quick. The car is rattle- and fault-free now (I hope so), but if it wasn't a car that I realy, really like, I would've sold it already.

I have a business myself and if I don't do my work properly, people will complain and want the problems solved asap as well. Nothing wrong about that. 

--

Suzy

Nick should give his car to Exibit so he could pimp it. No bad joke.

since Porsche is not to porsche anymore, alot of problem are happening. First the new cayenne generation had problem, then came the new GT3 and now the new 991.

not very good all that

--

997 Turbo S, 997 GT3 Cup; Cayenne S; Audi TT; Birel Kart; John Deer.

SuzyF:

After months and months of trouble, the problems on this car still aren't solved! Hopefully this video will go viral. Porsche deservs it! Smiley

x1000, that is pathetic. Not only they should be ashamed of the piece of maneure the sold to a customer and their build quality, but even worse is their atttitute towards their "victim", the client of lleaving him out to dry with the car...

For those of us thinking of chaging to a 991, this is really a turn off...

--

Never had a single rattle in the 996 Cabriolet I owned for several years. Never had a single issue with the car. Same for the E93 335i Cabriolet I owned.  What the guy is experiencing is unacceptable no matter whether the car is used frequently or not. 

Trouble with your car is always annoying. But it is always possible if you are using a complex technical subject. Shouldn’t happen, but possible.

But what is much more annoying is how Porsche/dealer handled this trouble. My personal experience is similar, the local Porsche dealer isn’t able to offer a service which should be obvious for a premium brand dealer (for example dealer lost my winter tires incl. rims, offered me after a four week long search period a voucher of approximately 25% of the price I paid for new tires). I wonder if those dealers/Porsche believe that I will be their customer in future (Well, they will have several new customers ordering a Maccan). Probably they don’t understand that competition has become much harder. If you still want to sell cars for premium money you can’t f*ck your customers.

Carlos from Spain:
    SuzyF:

x1000, that is pathetic. Not only they should be ashamed of the piece of maneure the sold to a customer and their build quality, but even worse is their atttitute towards their "victim", the client of lleaving him out to dry with the car...

Exactly! My guessing is that PAG in Zuffenhausen doesn't know much about this whole case. It's mainly PCNA to blame here (and the dealership of course), but still this is a case where Porsche (both PCNA and PAG) should get their act together and solve this problem. I read of many issues with PCNA on various forums and I think PAG should be more in control in North America. It's an important market for the brand and you don't want some amateurs running your business in that market....

It's only a small effort to get this video on Jalopnik and other popular websites. Porsche should be aware of that.... 

--

Suzy

I've never had a problem sorting out issues (some major some minor or cosmetic) with any of the companies I've bought cars from in the last 15 years. Porsche, Audi, VW, BMW, Mini and Mercedes all were very customer oriented.

Perhaps, it helps that I am very forceful but very charming at the same time smiley

I suspect that Nick brings about the opposite results by publicizing these videos. I don't take persons like him seriously who cannot handle and solve their problems and resort to  the youtube. After all he might be a frustrated TV presenter looking for publicity. 

--

"Form follows function"

+1

Communicating with clients on a daily basis, I think it is premature to draw conclusions without knowing the other point of view. Or at least the facts are clear in the communication process.

Boyko23:

+1

Communicating with clients on a daily basis, I think it is premature to draw conclusions without knowing the other point of view. Or at least the facts are clear in the communication process.

We all know people who are much better it revelling in a problem than in working constructively with others at solving it and, as a result, have a negative effect on the motivation of those who might otherwise help them. Maybe Nick is just one of them. 

--

fritz

I don't think anyone can blame Nick for this. All he wants is a good working car, which one should expect buying a Porsche. Porsche is to blame here. They are being rediculously arrogant. crying

The only thing that can be said is that he has been way too patient and polite regarding to his dealership and PCNA. Nick has made very nice and positive reviews about his car. Even when things were getting more rediculous, he kept being positive in his videos. I did never understand that. Being polite only works for a very short moment. After that it's war! I would have lost my patience a long, long time ago if it happened to me.

I never stay polite very long if things aren't going the way I want and in the end I always got what I wanted if I had any problems with people or a company, no matter if it was for business or personal. I'm glad I haven't had much complaints about my P-car dealership though (yet). 

Smiley

--

Suzy

If you watch his videos since ownwership of the 991 you would know how patient and goodwilled Nick has been towards the issues that kept apperaring. Its amazing the patience he has had, and we are not talking about rattles and glitches, we are talking about being left stranded on the road, etc. and the fact of the matter is that they don't get fixed, its been months, going to the shop over and over and NIck is not the one respoinsible for those issues nor the one to fix them, he is just the user, who wasted 100k on a lemon. And Porsche's attitude is "too bad"...

--

Obviously what we call a "lemon"....all brands have them. In Texas the law provides for a replacement with a comparable car, or a full refund, minus a reasonable deduction for vehicle use. The "reasonable"  deduction negotiation usually requires a lawyer.

What's shocking to me is not so much the problems this car has; a bad car can happen.

What is shocking is the atrocious customer service. Porsche Germany should intervene ASAP.

Reminds me of the problems my father had with an S400CDI ten or so years ago. Had to get lawyers involved to get the car sorted. Not surprisingly he never got another Merc (that one was maybe his 10th)...and neither will I.

In today's internet age huge damage can be created from such videos and Porsche should not be naïve about this. Gaining customers is difficult; but losing them very easy.

First thing, his dealer is probably the first one to blame. Failed to diagnose properly what's wrong with the car, then failed to properly let PCNA know the extend of the failures.

That particular car probably had a bad wiring harness from the factory, and while trouble shooting the electrical problems the dealer's personal probably took apart so much of the trims and fittings that a proper water seal cannot be maintained. 

I would not be surprised if that dealer is the one standing between PCNA and Nick for a acceptable compensation package. 

The dealer is unwilling to eat the consequences of selling one less car and have another taken out of their allocation. 

--

why always find someone to blame. The question and problem here is not "who is to blame or not".  The situation is:

" Nick went to buy the car of his dreams; this car due to all the latest technolgy or other reasons that the car are equiped today;  he got, what we call the wrong number. From this point, there's no much to discussed. Porsche has to change the car or to give the exact amount back. Final discussion.

--

SuzyF:

Smiley

I know the temper of Italian women, quind of like it but be careful with that, you might one day find stronger caracter then you and not get want you were asking for. sad
    But i'm like you. when something is wrong at work, or at my dealer or at any places, i express myself until i come to find a compromise or a solution. Not alwayss has been successful.

--

Car is a lemon. It happens. Time to seek relief under State Lemon Law.  Too much time spent making videos, too little time spent putting an end to the misery.  Inform dealer, inform PCNA, start squeezing lemons to make lemonade.

--

"Don't worry about avoiding temptation, as you grow older it will avoid you"  Churchill

In this day and age car companies should have at least an employee reading forums centered on their brand IMO.

Customer dissatisfaction spreads at warp speed nowadays.

DaveC:

Car is a lemon. It happens. Time to seek relief under State Lemon Law.  Too much time spent making videos, too little time spent putting an end to the misery.  Inform dealer, inform PCNA, start squeezing lemons to make lemonade.

Dealer ahs been informed, PCNA has been informed, but they wanted to avoid it, so they're trying to work things out without sqeezing lemons. Unfortunately they've failed, so I guess that will be the next step if this doesn't work. Not sure though....

--

Suzy

Nick gave a lot of information. He has a date for a lemon law arbitration hearing. Porsche NA did offer him a partial refund, threatening that he would get less from a arbitration decision. and that was unacceptable to him.

As the car has had a huge and growing  list of unfixable and unsafe defects since day 1 and has been out of use so much, he wants a complete refund or a new equivalent replacement car. That's where his 991 dream car saga is currently at.

This isn't the first case with P-cars nor will it be the last one  enlightened

There's always a substitute

Unfortunately almost all car manufacturers have their own collection of horror stories.

FlatSix911:

Unfortunately almost all car manufacturers have their own collection of horror stories.

True, but with the price hike on current P models, I expect better quality and durability with 5-7years warranty no less.

This bad luck talk is nothing but BS, the newer P-cars have deteriorated in many ways, starting with the usual recalls and electronic failure engine/transmission related and the list keeps on growing.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    752795 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430453 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258461 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255392 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79499 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5248 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868060 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    801647 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM