Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: The moment I've been waiting for...

Wilco on the regards Joost ;) and negative on the flying :)

--

If I don't fly, I drive my .:RS 

Glad you enjoy your trip, sounds great. kiss

Have fun and stay safe. wink

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Thank you RC :) It is quite different here compared to other places and we love it. Getting ready to hike to a different beach today for a picnic.

--

Update #5

It feels so good to be 12,000 km (7,500 miles) away from Los Angeles :) The place we are staying is truly a home away from home. I can drink coffee and enjoy Jack Daniel's at the same time, without having to worry about anything. The latter brings back warm and sweet memories from a time when I dated my wife ;)

I took photos of our daughter at the beach today. She was wearing a very sexy French Bikini :) She thinks it's too small, but I assured her that it fits just perfectly on her ;) Her mother agrees with me and I must say she has grown into a beautiful young woman, just like her mother. She is so happy and enjoys every day of our vacation.

Things are slow here which I like a lot. No cars or traffic of any kind, not even people. Plants are not trimmed and gardens are not overly manicured. Nature is just left alone and remains untouched so it can grow freely.

We went to explore Sugarloaf Bay today-- it's an endless stretch of sandy beach with beautiful rolling waves. If you click in iTunes on the third clip for the movie Adore you can see where we had our picnic today :)

--

Update #6

6:24 am local time. I just made myself a cup of coffee and am enjoying it with a glass of pineapple juice and some Italian cookies. My favorite morning treat until the kitchen is fully staffed ;) Which means the rest of my family is still in bed dreaming :)

I, on the other hand, was just on Rennteam.com to see what is new since yesterday because I'm secretly dreaming about my car ;)

The sun is now slowly rising and night gives way to another beautiful day. I wish the Pacific Ocean off the California coast would be as warm as it is here in Australia. The water there most of the year, as some of you know, is on the cold side and unless you have skin like a whale, you can't really enjoy it, at least I can't.

Well, I just got kissed by two beautiful women and that means I have to put my iPhone away unless I want to get in trouble ;) My daughter is usually very strict when it comes to my cell phone use :)

--

Update #7

Well, the last few days of our vacation— our days in Sydney— have passed by way too quickly. We knew we only had a short time here but it seems to have been even shorter than it was.

We are packing now and preparing for the morning when we will head to the airport to fly back home. I don't want to go...

Sydney has a different feel from other cities I've seen, it's especially different from Los Angeles. I wouldn't consider myself a "city guy" but if it was possible I wouldn't mind living in Sydney. There's something about it that makes it comfortable, the people are friendly and active (so many pedestrians and busses— no car required), there are many coffee shops and little restaurants. Walking through downtown, around the Harbour and the gardens was so nice, we loved every bit of it.

Despite the fact that we weren't here long, we experienced quite a bit. Fun fact: do you know why the Harbour Bridge is grey? Apparently no other color was available in such a large quantity: 80,000 liters. Cool right? We also stopped by the Sea Life Aquarium, the Royal Botanical Gardens, Bondi Beach, Featherdale Wildlife Park, the Opera House, Circular Quay, the Museum of Sydney, we drove over Harbour Bridge a few times, wandered through the city— it was great!

Another observation is that people here, for the most part, are slim. They're also very friendly and the women are quite pretty. In terms of cars, I saw a handful of Porsches and also a few Ferraris and Lamborghinis. Australia gets other cool cars that the US market doesn't: the new Golf 7 is already out (and is great!!), we saw a VW Scirocco and some Audi models that aren't for sale in the US. Generally the cars people drive here are smaller; there aren't many SUVs or at least we didn't see a lot of them.

Anyways, this vacation is definitely one for the books and with some luck it won't be our last visit to Australia as a whole and Sydney in particular.

--

Update #8

We just boarded our Qantas 747 Longreach back to Los Angeles.  My daughter is taking some last photos of Sydney's Skyline and from our take off.

Soon the pilot will move the thrust levers of his airplane forward and the pressure in the seats will keep increasing, while the co-pilot calls out the important numbers as usual.

Bye for now :)

--

Have a safe flight mate!

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Update #9

Planes at SYD Airport were landing and departing to the north this morning. Ours was really heavy and we must have used up quite a bit of our departure runway (34L) before we were finally airborne. Shortly after, while still in the initial climb phase, we made a right turn to the northeast directly on course to LAX over the Pacific Ocean.

My wife fell in love with Sydney. It is such a beautiful, young and vibrant city far away and with a romantic twist of its own. I suggested to her that I wouldn't mind celebrating our next wedding anniversary there ;) That would be in November, which is spring in Australia :)

She just returned from the bathroom were she put on a new liquid fluid lipstick from Dior which I got for her in Duty Free. I wish you could see her-- what a stunning new lip color...

We crossed the international date line again and traveled through time. Our flight approached nighttime near the Equator and we've been flying through darkness since then.

I'm typing all this up on my iPhone as we cruise over the water. There've been a few small bumps here and there  and some moderate turbulence just abeam the Hawaiian Islands but it's really smooth most of the time. It also looks like the wind is helping us a little so our return flight to LAX will be shorter than it was to SYD.

Thanks Joost, our flight QF107 just landed @ LAX after only 12 hours in the air. I'm excited to post the first batch of photos on Rennteam.com, how soon it will be just depends on my level of jet lag :)

--

I definitely need to visit Sydney . Glad to hear you made it back safely, and very eager to see pictures ! 

LAX to SYD

Here is the first set of photos focusing on our departure from Los Angeles to Sydney, Australia. It was a wonderful trip. Now it is time to put words into pictures and let them tell the story as we experienced it.

More will follow soon...

--

This is going to be good indecision

Enmanuel:

smiley

--

Joost:
    Enmanuel:

smiley

Thanks guys, I hope so.

--

The next morning in Seal Rocks!

Our drive up north (after my Sydney left hand driving experience) to our final destination was easy, except for one downpour where I had to pull over, it was that heavy.

The beach house we rented for our vacation was amazing, very well equipped, and came with an exceptional view and beach.

The last photo at the end is meant to be a teaser for my next posting dedicated to our daughter. smiley

--

You're living up to the expectations Pilot! wink

--

Joost:

I'm so glad. Smiley

--

What fantastic views indecision . It looks like such a beautiful place .

Can't wait to be also at the breach . Flying off tomorrow to Mauritius for a family vacation .

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

By contrast, I'll be driving down to the north coast of Cornwall. Not quite so glamorous, but can be quite stunning in places!

Lovely pics btw!

--

991 (what a car!) XC90 - 120 Cab - 2 kids, 1 dog

Pilot:
    Joost:

I'm so glad. Smiley

SmileySmiley 

He's going to pace himself so we have a whole weeks worth of entertainment. Smiley

Gnil:

What fantastic views indecision . It looks like such a beautiful place .

Can't wait to be also at the breach . Flying off tomorrow to Mauritius for a family vacation .

Mauritius sounds great. Smiley We wish you a safe flight and a wonderful family vacation. Bring back many photos. Smiley

--

Enmanuel:
    Pilot:
    Joost:

I'm so glad. Smiley

SmileySmiley

He's going to pace himself so we have a whole weeks worth of entertainment. Smiley

If you want it to last longer I can also just post one photo a day instead of in groups. Smiley

--

Pilot:
    Enmanuel:
    Pilot:
    Joost:

I'm so glad. Smiley

SmileySmiley

If you want it to last longer I can also just post one photo a day instead of in groups. Smiley

Isn't there any way to regulate torture over the internet  Smiley

Enmanuel:
    Pilot:
    Enmanuel:
    Pilot:
    Joost:

I'm so glad. Smiley

SmileySmiley

Isn't there any way to regulate torture over the internet  Smiley

RC can always ban me (but please don't). Smiley

--

About bikinis and more ...

Here are the photos of the girl in the French bikini that I promised. smiley

--

Amazing trip!

Congrats to your BDay and the 10000 flight hours - impressive career! wink

Well selected place to celebrate, the beach house looks super gorgeous.

Last and for sure not least.... your daughter is beautiful - well done. It seems you got your act together! kiss Congrats Pilot!!! 

Wow Pilot, beautiful pictures and a lovely model!

You always "blame" your daughter for taking the beautiful pictures, but I think we now have evidence you're not a half bad photographer either! indecision

On a sidenode... Are you sure you want such personal pictures to be on the internet? Be careful mate, the world is not all nice and beautiful.

--

Very enjoyable to see Pilot's pictures of his loved ones, including his Porsche.

People are too wary of the internet, but I don't understand why!  Most people have nothing to hide and are not under thread. Therefore, excepting some very personal data, IMO we shouldn't be so secluded in our lives. Being unnecessarily introvert and secretive generates unnecessary misery in life.

--

"Form follows function"

@Lars997: I appreciate your awesome comments and congratulations to my birthday and flight hours. kiss

@Joost: Thank you and copy on the model-- she is very happy :)  I also share your concerns regarding privacy but I couldn't see these photos go to waste. smiley

@reginos: I value your opinion very much and thank you on your photo credits. indecision

--

From Seal Rocks back to amazing Sydney

It was not easy for us to leave Seal Rocks after such a nice time there and experiencing beautiful and romantic Sydney made departing from Australia even more difficult. We made every day and every hour of our remaining stay count.

We had a suite in a lovely boutique hotel within walking distance of the iconic Opera House and Harbour Bridge. The city view and the feel it gave us made us want to stay forever in that charming place far away.

Here is to love, fun, and dreams…

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776574 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441443 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262641 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260786 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85070 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5494 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880455 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815555 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM