Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: The longer you wait, the longer the options list grows!!

How do you have those embossed logos/crests in the center console? Is this a Europe Car Configurator thing?

It's an Exclusive option aj, VERY NICE one
    Available for European orders, and for The States I guess

easy_rider911

I can relate to the wait-game. I have been waiting since late August 05. They're still not even SURE what month it will be produced. The options list has expanded thanks to the Rennteam and Rennlist. But,-I'm getting what I really want, and not doing what a lot of people appear to be doing to their cars AFTER they get them,-adding stuff. I scrimped many years ago on a new 911, ordering it fairly basic. This one will exceed the price of a 997TT but I don't WANT a Turbo,--having had one before. This is a car I will keep for many years.

Good luck with the car.

Dan

997 S Cabriolet 6-speed
    98 Non-Metallic Paint to Sample (J1 Blue Turquoise)
    06 Natural Leather Brown
    V9 Black Top
    CDZ Gear Lever Trim Leather
    CUC Painted Model Desig Rear Lid
    CUV Storage Cmpt Lid W/Model Logo
    CZD Interior Light Cover Leather
    M6H Brown Floor Mats
    P01L Adaptive Sports Sts Lthr Int
    XCZ Sport Shifter
    XLF Sport Exhaust System
    XMP Lthr Sun Visors Lighted Mirror
    XMZ Rear Center Console - Leather
    XRR 19" Carrera Sport wheel
    XSB Sport Seat Backs in Leather
    XTV Door Finishers Lthr
    267 Self Dimming Mirrors
    342 Heated Front Seats
    446 Wheel Caps w/Colored Crest
    450 Ceramic Composite Brakes-PCCB
    451 Makassar Str Whl Multifctn
    482 TPMS
    498 Delete Model Designation
    509 Fire Extinguisher
    550 Hard Top
    640 Sport Chrono Package Plus
    672 Extended Nav Module
    680 Bose High End Sound Package
    692 Remote CD Changer
    801 Makassar Package
    TD5 Tourist Delivery

easy_rider911,

Beautiful spec on your car, superb attention to detail. I'm cooking up a 2007 C4S order with a few of those trim options, including CDZ gear shift trim leather and CCW b-pillar alum.

DanL- can't wait to see your car.
    this natural sunlight pic shows the super quality grain of rear center console in Nat Brown leather on a C4S I recently testdrove... should've cleaned it for the pic!

Thanks guys for your support.

I seem to get a number of people saying to me that "you will lose all that money on trade in". Well, we will only live once... so I plan to add whatever I really want and can comfortably afford so that each time I get in the car, I simply feel great! There's no point working so hard if one doesn't enjoy the fruits of all that labour! I plan to use the car for many, many years so why not make it just how I like?

You know, even if I was keeping it for only 3-4 years, I would still do exactly the same. I don't actually mind about the cost and what I might lose. Buying a Porsche for me is about the fulfilment of a lifelong dream. I really mean it. A lifelong dream. I have wanted one since I was a boy. I have always been absolutely nuts about fast cars. At the end of the day, for me, it's an emotional decision limited only by what I can afford (and what I can convince my wife to let me buy!) not a logical, rational decision. If I approached the decision of whether to buy a Porsche and how much to spend purely on some cost-benefit analysis on how much I'll pay and get on trade in and for how many months I can enjoy the car before it is more economically optimal to exchange it for a newer one etc etc, then I simply wouldn't do it. There's no passion in that. It's too cold and calculated for me. I am buying this to please me and excite my senses. I can't take the money with me into my coffin!

The one and only good reason to buy a car like a 911... hope you'll enjoy it fully!
    -Joost-

extremely big and nice:) option list seems endless...!!!!

I would go for all these leathers though, but do a mixture of aluminium and carbon that is more durable and more hard-surfaced thus not aging so much as leather...

Would go definetely for illuminated door sills

and for X51 package as in the years to come...355 hp will be nothing will all the competition growing horses under their hoods

So X51 will keep your car fast for more years to come

and you ll never regret it...

PLUS X51 and generally FACTORY TUNINGS do NOT loose so much value at resaling....

So this will be an (expensive) option that will compensate you with performance and small loss over reselling

Other than that go with you guts! ITS your money!

Easy , that's the rational I used when ordering my new C2S Cab last year. Some folks just don't "get it"!

Enjoy every aspect of your new car!!

Thanks for the warning JimFlat6. I will take extra care of the leather. I use a leather care product by AutoGlym which cleans and protects the leather. Aston Martin and Jaguar use AutoGlym products for preparing their cars for auto shows.

I love cocoa but I also can't change my choice even if I wanted to! My wife loves cocoa and choosing it is kind of a tacit condition for her accepting our car purchase!!! So my hands are tied anyway. But I love the cocoa colour - v warm and luxuriant to look at. But if it's less long lasting than black then I'll just have to accept that fact.

Re leather craftsmen, we do have some in the UK but they are extortionately expensive. The more affordable ones IMHO do a cheap job. There are v few in the UK that really 'add value', sadly they know it too and so they charge a hefty price for it.

As for X51, believe me I thought about it, but Pounds8000 is a bit too much cash for me. I'm getting PSE so hopefully it will sound nearly as good as the X51 big brother.

Thanks for the advice anyway!

I thought about your suggestions again seriously and here's my 10 cents:

- both Porsche crests in head rests (XSC) AND Carrera S logo on the rear centre console compartment lid (CUV): I've always wanted some kind of logo on the head rests...for me it's a little touch that completes the look of the car. Given that I am choosing the Porsche crests on the head restraints, I would never choose the crest on the rear centre console lid. That would be too much. But the fact that it't the model logo seems fine to me. I saw it for real in my local OPC some months back and it didn't look too 'busy' to my eye. It's possible that I am suffering from 'first Porsche syndrome' where the 'less is more' philosophy is lost on me but I've really racked my brains over this and feel sure about it.

- as for the door finishers in leather (XTV): it depends heavily on which colour you choose IMO. With a colour like cocoa where the plastic bits are dark but not THAT dark, some clever work needs to be done to maintain a certain 'luxury sports car look'. Cheap looking plastic detracts from that. Some plastic is sufficiently hidden away so as not to merit replacement with leather but the trim around the inside door handles is not IMHO in that category. It really looks A LOT better in leather than it does in plastic especially with cocoa.

- illuminated door sills: great suggestion. I would certainly pick these if I had a dark exterior colour. The fact is that I'm picking arctic silver, with stainless steel sills that will not stand out all that much. Illuminated sills wont stand out that much at all. I think the illuminated sills look far better on carbon sills than SS ones.

Porsche Jeck, thank you, as always, for your kind wishes! Many congratulations to you too on your order. Please don't forget to post photos!

I've certainly gone through the "this is my last additional option" line numerous times with my wife! I don't think my luck will last much longer!! It's vital that I keep her thinking that she's the boss!

We think the same way - my car is really a 'companion' for me. Yep - in the long term, we're all dead is exactly my philosophical credo so better to get exactly what one wants!

Thanks Dan L. Someone else who thinks along similar lines!

Quick question: how come you have selected both CUC and 498. Maybe I'm missing something but surely you wouldn't have the rear logo painted if you were having it deleted??

NO EASY_RIDER911 YOU FORGOT SOMETHING!!!

illuminated door sills will stand out very much at night!!!
    no matter if they are combined with carbon,or SS

because at night my friend the surounding material cannot be seen so it does NOT stand out at all. AND with the illuminated carreraS logo ,the lighting produced FROM the logo will dark OUT the surounding SS more,THUS it will be noticeable...

as i ve seen, you are a detail-lover, and this would certainly, IMO, add some, to your exclusive car.specs

Easy, great choices on options...and really like your spirit of spec'g car you want

I tend to buy 2 new sportscars/yr and enjoy spec'g them (typically end up w/~$15K of various Exclusive leather options on P's).....IMO, a well-spec'd 997 interior is both more ergonomic and elegant than that of any other car in produc, incl any F/Lambo/AM/Bentley/Merc, etc, esp when one considers the various details, such as the extensive stitchwork in the sightlines, various closed storage compartments, dig speedo readout in tach, thickness and texture of the thicker steering wheel (prefer it to texture of F's wheels), thoughtfully engineered sport seats (for both ergonomics and crashworthiness), etc etc

Various guys blow money on various hobbies/mistakes....golf, divorce settlements, boats, travel, wine collecting, jewelry to placate wife, etc....I simply enjoy driving a fresh example of P's latest tech every yr and having it spec'd to my tastes....in the grand scheme of what some hobbies/mistakes cost, it's fairly inexpensive....

Appreciate the close up shots in that car. I know thath the natural brown will never keep as well as the black but it is a terrific color,--and I wanted something a little brighter to go with the fact that it's a cabriolet.

Dan

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    Thanks Dan L. Someone else who thinks along similar lines!

Quick question: how come you have selected both CUC and 498. Maybe I'm missing something but surely you wouldn't have the rear logo painted if you were having it deleted??

The salesman set me straight there. That's the way they have to do that option,--the deletion of the normal one and then the addition of the painted version. Just a Porsche thing.

Good luck with your configuration and car. Porsche just acknowledged my latest changes so I think I'm calling it quits. I suspect you and I have the most loaded 997s out there!

Dan

Saw the X97 Aluminium Gear Lever - loved it - had to get it!

So my spec is now:

997 C2S Coupe, 6 speed manual, MY2007 C16 RHD UK spec
    X1 Arctic silver metallic paint
    RA Cocoa full leather interior
    P12 Automatically dimming interior & exterior mirrors with integrated rain sensor
    P17 -20mm sports suspension with mechanical rear differential lock
    635 ParkAssist
    650 Electric tilt/slide sunroof
    XLF Porsche Sports Exhaust system
    407 19 inch SportDesign alloy wheels
    446 Wheel centres with full colour Porsche crest
    482 Tyre pressure monitoring system
    P01 Adaptive sports seats
    342 Seat heating
    XSH Seat belts in silver grey
    XX1 Floor mats in cocoa (M6C) with Porsche logo in silver and leather edging in cocoa
    XSC Porsche crest embossed on head restraints
    XTV Door trim in leather
    XMZ Rear section of centre console in leather
    XZD Interior light surround in leather
    XMP Sunvisors in leather
    CUV Porsche Exclusive: centre console main storage compartment lid in leather with 'Carrera S' logo (but with Carrera S logo inverted 180 degrees so that it is the correct way up for a driver of a RHD car)
    X70 Door entry guards in stainless steel (with 'Carrera S' logo)
    672 Extended PCM Navigation module
    680 BOSE Sound System
    900 Factory Collection 911 (Stuttgart)
    674 Preparation for Porsche Vehicle Tracking System
    567 Grey top tint on windscreen
    666 Telephone for PCM
    XNS Steering column casing in leather
    CCW Porsche Exclusive: B-pillar belt outlet trim in Alu-look
    CDZ Porsche Exclusive: Gear console top trim in cocoa leather
    X97 Gear lever in aluminium

Of course, the following are standard on an 'S':
    435 3 spoke sports steering wheel in leather
    P74 Bi-xenon headlamps with headlamp cleaning system
    Aluminium instrument dials

Plus, I intend to fit my iPod (hopefully the Dension iceLink>Plus MOST digital connection will be available soon), personal plates and a frosted aluminium 3 pedal set (with left footrest) for heel/toeing.

I just can't wait till September! So exciting - my first Porsche!

Looking forward to seeing the San Marino F1 GP in a few hours time....enjoy your weekend guys!

Re: Saw the X97 Aluminium Gear Lever - loved it - had to get it!

the new configurator is incredible!

Re: Saw the X97 Aluminium Gear Lever - loved it - had to get

GREAT SPEC !!
    Enjoy your weekend too Easy Rider

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:

Congrats Easy Now that the spec roulette is over, you should sleep better again (counting black stallions helps)
    However make sure that you get some extra time for the factory pick up: double checking your brilliant spec with all the options takes some time

WOW, I am so envious - especially of your Sports suspension. Good luck with it.

Haven't you missed something though (Sports Shifter)?

Have a blast - you can't lose with one of these cars.

SoS.

Fantastic spec. My congratulations to you!

About illuminated door sills - is that an Exclusive option? Can I get it for the GT3? What do they cost and, finally, will adding an Exclusive option to the spec delay the delivery time? Cheers!

SoS,

I didn't want sports shifter - found it too hard for me.

JFT,

Thanks!

Illuminated door sills (either stainless steel or carbon) will be available for the GT3. It's just a question of whether they are available from day 1 or whether they are available later.

Costs varies depending on carbon or steel. I don't know the prices. It shouldn'l delay production unless you choose something like your own personal message and/or your own font.

Oh brother, you guys are gonna crucify me!

There, I did it. I changed to GT silver. Choosing the colour has been so so hard! I've flirted with seal grey, GT silver, arctic silver, slate grey and now finally (I hope) my mind is made up. GT silver it is. The colour I chose right at the start!

So my spec is now:

U2 GT-silver metallic
    P12 Automatically dimming interior & exterior mirrors with integrated rain sensor
    635 ParkAssist
    342 Seat heating
    XX1 Floor mats in cocoa (M6C) with Porsche logo in silver and leather edging in cocoa
    XTV Door trim in leather
    XMP Sunvisors in leather
    CUV Porsche Exclusive: centre console main storage compartment lid in leather with 'Carrera S' logo (but with Carrera S logo inverted 180 degrees so that it is the correct way up for a driver of a RHD car)
    680 BOSE Sound System
    666 Telephone for PCM

The following are standard on an 'S':

Hope I don't feel like making any more changes! The agony of waiting...the mental somersaults of indecision...

Re: Oh brother, you guys are gonna crucify me!

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    There, I did it. I changed to GT silver. Choosing the colour has been so so hard! I've flirted with seal grey, GT silver, arctic silver, slate grey and now finally (I hope) my mind is made up. GT silver it is. The colour I chose right at the start!

U2 GT-silver metallic

You WILL love it !!!

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:

So my spec is now:

U2 GT-silver metallic
    635 ParkAssist
    342 Seat heating
    XTV Door trim in leather
    XMP Sunvisors in leather
    680 BOSE Sound System
    666 Telephone for PCM

The following are standard on an 'S':

Hope I don't feel like making any more changes! The agony of waiting...the mental somersaults of indecision...

THat is almost identical to the spec I was interested in. They had one going for Pounds60k all-in at Porsche Stratford with only 5k on the clock. II dithered too long unfortunately.

Quote:
    stanwan said:
    THat is almost identical to the spec I was interested in. They had one going for Pounds60k all-in at Porsche Stratford with only 5k on the clock. II dithered too long unfortunately.

I fear you will regret your dithering - that's for sure!!

Easy, would be interested to know what made you finally change from Arctic to GT Silver, given the weather here in the UK?

P.S. Just got back from Nerja and re-discovered what a sh*t climate we have here!!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    759625 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    433755 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    259745 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    256888 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80598 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5305 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

870700 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    805711 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM