Crown

Board: Porsche - Macan Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: Porsche Macan

Whoopsy:

Christian, maybe you should delete that particular post to save him from further embarrassment :)

I would love to but if I delete a post, the whole thread can get deleted. This is why we usually never delete posts if it isn't vital for any reason. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014), BMW X3 35d (2013)

I know that launching an entirely new model line is an enormous challenge for any automaker, but I can't help but feel that Porsche may have bitten off more than they could chew with the Macan launch.

Here are a few issues I have with the Macan launch/Porsche marketing thus far:
    - Using feature vehicles and slapping up advertisements with a car in a color that isn't presently available or without any certainty regarding its availability is a big disappointment and raises question marks. Why offer me something that I can't currently have/I don't know the availability of?
    - The current color options on the configurator are relatively safe and dare I say it... dull. The interior options are worse with three solid interior colors, one two-tone and one natural leather only. See the point above regarding the advertisements featuring the black Macan Turbo with the agate/pebble grey interior. Smiley
    - The mystery with the sports exhaust system. The PSE was mentioned in all the press releases and on Porsche's official website but it's been pulled since with no further mention.
    - Key options like the LED headlights, PDCC, painted rear fascia and other customizable exterior bits [painted air intakes, etc.] are all missing.

I realize that not all options are initially available at launch, but I would've expected a more seamless and transparent debut from Porsche. With all Macan allocations for 2014 being rumored to have been sold and Porsche sniffing out the possibility of ramping production up from 50000 units to 80000 per year, I think they're just after the numbers for the time being. Smiley

I still love the Macan but I'll be waiting on the sidelines until things come together.

rulesdontapply

You should be thankful. Imagine the alternative: Porsche only announces the options available at launch (so no mention of PDCC, of LED lights, of certain colors). So you go ahead and place your order. Then, a few months later, these colors and options become available. How would you feel then? At least now you know that if you absolutely want the LED lights, you should simply wait.

Hey guys -

I didn't expect this sort of backlash from a few flustered comments but I get it and all is good. My configuration is sitting on the side and I'll go for it when other options come online in the near future.

Good things come to those who wait. The Macan is an exciting step and a giant new challenge for Porsche to undertake but I'm anticipating what they have coming.

wink

rulesdontapply

--

2008 Porsche Boxster S PDE2
    2012 Porsche Cayenne S

rulesdontapply:

Hey guys -

I didn't expect this sort of backlash from a few flustered comments but I get it and all is good. My configuration is sitting on the side and I'll go for it when other options come online in the near future.

Good things come to those who wait. The Macan is an exciting step and a giant new challenge for Porsche to undertake but I'm anticipating what they have coming.

wink

rulesdontapply

--

2008 Porsche Boxster S PDE2
    2012 Porsche Cayenne S

Indeed. Especially regarding the Macan. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014), BMW X3 35d (2013)

It's still rediculous from Porsche to wait almost a year to introduce options for the car, that are shown on the introduction IMO. One of the main reasons for me to ditch the Macan, besides the fact that the design isn't completely to my likes.

--

Suzy

2013 Porsche Boxster S (MT) | Basalt black metallic
    2014 Audi A6 Avant 3.0 BiTDI Quattro | Moonshine blue metallic

Does anyone know if the blue used for promotional cars is a standard metallic colour or a special colour? What is the latest in terms of when this colour will be available?

Also, if I don't order the 3 zone climate control, do you still get the rear vents? You don't with a Q5 unless you order the 3 zone option. 

It 's Sapphire blue metallic and it will become available in october.

--

Suzy

2013 Porsche Boxster S (MT) | Basalt black metallic
    2014 Audi A6 Avant 3.0 BiTDI Quattro | Moonshine blue metallic

WAY:

Does anyone know if the blue used for promotional cars is a standard metallic colour or a special colour? What is the latest in terms of when this colour will be available?

Also, if I don't order the 3 zone climate control, do you still get the rear vents? You don't with a Q5 unless you order the 3 zone option. 

I think its just an empty cubby hole if you dont opt for that.  for 800 bucks its a no brainer......

is PCM doing any discounts WAY?  I am quite keen on it, but only after I get a test drive.

I never liked the cayenne (or most SUVs) but this one interests me.   esp with the PDK box + lower stance, i reckon it will transform how it dives.

its just the right size for us and the price is attractive for the performance u get.   and still can't believe how much standard equipment the OZ turbo has! 

--

BMW 1 M + C63 (gone).   997.2 GT3

1. Macan Turbo

Agate Grey Metallic
    Leather Interior in Black/Garnet Red
    Air Suspension incl. Porsche Active Suspension Management Trailer Hitch without Tow Ball
    Wheel Center Caps with Colored Porsche Crest
    Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus)
    Heated Multifunction Sport Steering Wheel in Carbon Fiber Panoramic Roof System
    Sunblind for Rear Side Windows
    Seat Heating (Front and Rear)
    Seat Ventilation (Front)
    Carbon Fiber Interior Package
    Carbon Fiber Side Blades
    Porsche Car Connect
    ParkAssist (Front and Rear) incl. Reversing Camera
    Lane Keep Assist (LKA) i.c.w. Lane Change Assist (LCA)

Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)
    Adaptive Cruise Control incl. Porsche Active Safe (PAS) 3-zone Climate Control
    20" RS Spyder Design Wheels
    Preparation Two-Tone Leather Interior w/ Seat Ventilation 

Sport Chrono Package 

Online Services

Automatically Dimming Mirrors

Comfort Lighting Package
    Fuel Cap with Aluminum Look Finish
    Porsche Crest on Headrests (Front and Rear) 

$95k all loaded up. My Cayenne TTS was $145k and was less loaded...

Build starts this Friday Smiley

Just in case someone here is interested:

www.porsche.com/germany/sportandevents/travelclub/tours/barcelona/

Sorry, this is in German but I think the tour also exists as an English speaking tour (not sure about it yet though).

--

derder:
    WAY:

I think its just an empty cubby hole if you dont opt for that.  for 800 bucks its a no brainer......

is PCM doing any discounts WAY?  I am quite keen on it, but only after I get a test drive.

I never liked the cayenne (or most SUVs) but this one interests me.   esp with the PDK box + lower stance, i reckon it will transform how it dives.

its just the right size for us and the price is attractive for the performance u get.   and still can't believe how much standard equipment the OZ turbo has! 

I agree it's good value in Oz relative to other Porsches. However, PCM will not discount this car at all. Given the number of cars I've bought from them, telling me that they will not give me a cent off, the same as any other customer who just walk in off the street, is arrogant to say the least. I rather not buy the car than to give in to their arrogance. 

My dealer offered 3% courtesy rebate for the Macan but they usually do not give ANYTHING to new customers. This is the same everywhere I'm afraid. This is also the reason I decided to wait. Comes time, comes rebate. 

--

With low rebates and strong residuals, UK leases should be good value

--

Gen II Cayman S

RC, if they offered me 3% courtesy discount, I would be more than happy to buy a Macan today. If only Porsche Australia care about their loyal customers more...

Wayne,

With the  $ amount you have purchase from them the way they treat you is totally disgusting.

WAY:

RC, if they offered me 3% courtesy discount, I would be more than happy to buy a Macan today. If only Porsche Australia care about their loyal customers more...

what if we buy two?   "wink wink"

this will be my 3rd Porsche from them and prob your 10th.  

so that's 13 in total right? SmileySmiley    

I m interested in the M turbo, but sadly I missed the show car that was at the GP.... did u see it?  there was a Macan S here.

--

WAY:

This came from my dealer, not Porsche. I am a good customer, so they value my business but I didn't get the feeling that the sales person really wanted to give me the 3%. He probably didn't want to p.ss me off by not giving me anything. Smiley Smiley

Guys, I know that a Jeep is not Porsche but today I clocked my Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT at 0-100 kph in 4.6 seconds and the 1/4 mile in 13.0 seconds flat (see photo). This for aprox. 35k less than the Macan Turbo would have costed me and I even got more space for luggage. Just saying... Smiley

srt.jpg

--

RC Power is not everything.  You seem to care more about power and you barley talk about design and quality of materials. I've seen the SRT I know how powerful they are but how many times would you race compared to the whole time cursing and enjoying your ride.  

I have friends who own ZR1 but  when they drive my 4S they get really impressed.  

I've owned  too many American cars the parts get broken easily  materials fall and worn out easily and they look old after a while.

My german cars  were always like new in very good shape plus the design looks good. Not too many people understand the modern and simplicity of german designs. Americans know how to make their cars look angry with all the plastic parts and vents too much. 

If Porsche allowed to make the same engine  size and emission of the SRT I'm sure they can make double that horse power.

I was just at my dealer where they prepped the presentation for the Car - look at it in detail again - and unfortunately left me cold - very nice steering wheel - but the car has no WOW factor. The big rims looked odd against the chassis-proportions.  I'd rather get a used Cayenne for same money yes

I saw turbo in my dealer $100,000 . I walked away immediately .

My Turbo arrived and i helped to unwrap it :). Im very happy with the look but only brighter colors for me. Saw black S and Turbo and i dont like them at all.

Nice. Mine is being built today...

Looks great! Rims looks really good kiss

--

@Hunterone Looks great in white. Think white is the best color for the Macan. kiss

--

2012 Cayenne S White/Espresso 

Ex: 993 Targa, 986S, 986 and 964 C2

looking very good !

996AD:

RC Power is not everything.  You seem to care more about power and you barley talk about design and quality of materials. I've seen the SRT I know how powerful they are but how many times would you race compared to the whole time cursing and enjoying your ride.  

For the 64k EUR I paid, quality is excellent. Actually, quality is at par with the current Mercedes M class. Very unusual for a US car. The Cayenne has a better quality impression (looks, feel, etc.) in my opinion, I agree. You will however experience that the Macan is slightly behind the Cayenne, unless you choose leather and other options, etc.. Quality impression is also better than on my wife's BMW X3 35d (2013).

I have friends who own ZR1 but  when they drive my 4S they get really impressed.  

The Jeep GC SRT is no Cayenne GTS and not even a Cayenne Turbo when it comes to handling and sporty drive feel but it is pretty close to the Cayenne Turbo and sportier than a Cayenne Diesel for example.

I've owned  too many American cars the parts get broken easily  materials fall and worn out easily and they look old after a while.

Chrysler used high quality parts, the Brembo brake system for example is amazing (the SRT weights 2.5 tons and even when braking strongly from 260 kph down to 130 or 150 kph...it happened twice, the brake doesn't show any fading), the ZF 8 speed auto is faster than the 8 speed Aisin Tiptronic on the Cayenne. The adaptive chassis is from Bilstein. I have more examples, the glass panoramic roof is similar to the Cayenne for example.

My german cars  were always like new in very good shape plus the design looks good. Not too many people understand the modern and simplicity of german designs. Americans know how to make their cars look angry with all the plastic parts and vents too much. 

I like the look of the Jeep GC SRT a lot, so do other people apparently. Got a lot of positive feedback for the Jeep, not so much for the Cayenne.

If Porsche allowed to make the same engine  size and emission of the SRT I'm sure they can make double that horse power.

The SRT is EURO 6(!), it has better emissions than all current Cayenne versions. Fuel consumption at 260 kph (GPS and speedo...pretty accurate) is less than the fuel consumption of the Cayenne Turbo. Not by much less but a bit less. Average fuel consumption is similar to my Cayenne GTS...which had 50 horses (or according to the built-in power "measurement" display 90 hp...it shows 510 hp) less.

Prejudice towards US cars? I understand it very well but believe me, neither me nor Lars 997 chose the SRT without doing our "homework". It is a very good offer (like I said, 64k after rebate in Germany) and even if there were some issues, I wouldn't mind for almost half the price of a Cayenne GTS. So far, knock on wood, the car is great. Also sounds great (aftermarket sport exhaust with flap system and believe it or not, it does NOT void the warranty and is even included in the lease contract). 

A comparison with the Macan is quite ridiculous since the Macan is probably the more agile/nimble and sportier car, the weight difference alone makes it happen but I just wanted to point out that there are alternatives sometimes. Jeep has a pretty good reputation in Germany, you see Jeep Grand Cherokee all over Bavaria, it sells better than the BMW X6 for example, even better than the Mercedes G or GL class. The biggest advantage is: People seem to applaud the Jeep, I didn't feel any envy. Once. For a family car, really great.

--

hunterone:

My Turbo arrived and i helped to unwrap it :). Im very happy with the look but only brighter colors for me. Saw black S and Turbo and i dont like them at all.

Very nice looking, I would have chosen white too but with black painted 20'' (wasn't too sure about the design though) wheels. Smiley  Congratulations! Smiley

--

Many thanks Guys kiss. When i pick the car up i start an own thread with pictures and driving impressions.

Congratulations!  Looking forward to your first impressions. 

yes, please post your impressions. interested to see how it stacks up in the real world.

most reviews of MTT so far has been driving on a track, which is completely useless info for me.

I want to see how it goes as a DD.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    808347 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    450174 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    267588 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90831 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    7748 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

888182 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    837060 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM