Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Game over Nick

Ahh, welcome back Nick. So you do want your balls back. Not so fast - I guess I have to squeeze them a bit harder to get you to concede!

I needn't repeat myself since the answer was already provided to you previously so I'll just quote my previous posts which you didn't read carefully. I guess your attention must be somewhat distracted by the pain of having your balls clasped so hard.

I wrote "Nick, I can anticipate what your 'justification' might be for your blatant U-turn. Yes, I know Porsche930S claims that his car started leaking right from the start whereas mrcohanian's fault manifested itself at 4000 miles. However, both Porsche930S's and mrcohanian's problems are latent defects from the time of manufacture that passed factory quality control/PDIs etc. In Porsche930S's case, the problem surfaced immediately after customer delivery whereas mrcohanian's latent defect manifested itself some 2 months later. The 2 situations are not materially different".

I subsequently elaborated on this as follows:

"mrcohanian's engine problem and Porsche930S's problem are both due to defective manufacturing (be it parts, labour etc). All that differs is WHEN their respective problems surfaced. Porsche930S's latent (hidden) defect surfaced immediately after delivery. mrcohanian's latent defect surfaced after 2 months and 4000 miles of driving. That doesn't mean that mrcohanian's defect didn't exist before the 4000 miles had been driven. His defect had been there all along but had merely not surfaced yet. As such, both defects were there all along. They merely manifested themselves 2 months apart. IMO their situations are not materially different in law. mrcohanian's and Porsche930S's remedies ought to be the same as a result".

Nick, even you should realise now that your ship has sunk. Give up the ghost man. You've been sunk by your own words

(Sigh) for a Cambridge man you can be obtuse. You remind of a child that finds a play dollar (pound in your case)and thinks he is rich.

The issue of latent defects is legally relevent for Statute of Limitation problems. However, it does not have the legal impact from a remedy standpoint of an immediate catastrophic failure of a new product. Surely you can comprehend and understand the difference?

Think man think. You are much brighter than that.

BTW, my balls are so small you cannot see them let alone grab them.

Quote:
    Leawood911 said:

I think Nick is busy shagging his wife.

Shagging his wife with no balls? Isn't that taking birth control a bit far!!

I am sure that if either Frayed or Easy purchased a brand new $90,000.00 102" Sharp plasma TV, got it home, turned it on and discovered that it was flawed and broken, that they would be the first ones demanding a immediate replacement and would not be willing to first accept or wait for a repair center solution.

I am also sure they would gratefully accept a repair center solution if the TV had worked perfectly for the first few months of its ownership, as would anyonelse.

the game is still on

Quote:
    John H said:
    Quote:
    Leawood911 said:

I think Nick is busy shagging his wife.

Shagging his wife with no balls? Isn't that taking birth control a bit far!!

At the time I had no idea his balls were sooooo small. Sorry Nick! By the way, I hope you don't mind my stepping up to the plate in your absence. You certainly have a better grasp of the legal lingo but I tried my best.
    Since we may never be able to convince easy (not a bad thing) perhaps it's time for a poll question.

Interesting mixed metaphors

I'm not sure what to make of it, but it sounds like the Legal profession's version of the Kama Sutra...

Nick doing u-turns, shagging his wife with microscopically small balls, asking for an immediate replacement by a plasma tv...

Intimations about "men" from Cambridge...with latent defects...

It all seems like a bad remake of Magnolia, but who am I to complain about all this free entertainment, and Tom hasn't even leapt on the couch yet...

Hey Nick, I gotta hand it to you pal. You really are the most stubborn donkey I've ever come across

You got your ass handed to you: you gave the same advice last time to mrcohanian as I gave to Porsche930S this time. But this time, you disagreed with it. As Frayed said, it was "Nick's jackassery at its finest".

I anticipated the entirely pedestrian and predictable argument you would use to try desperately to wriggle out of the sticky mess you got yourself trapped in.

As I fully expected from you, you've been fixated on the 2 months and 4000 miles as if that makes a huge difference (i.e. significant enough for the 2 cases to be sufficiently different).

My dear fellow, you're completely missing the point Of course, they don't matter. Both cars were manufactured defectively right from the start in Stuttgart. One defect surfaced after 2 days whilst the other defect only surfaced after 2 months. That doesn't mean that both defects weren't there right from day one. They were there all the time so both cases are materially the same. So the accusation that you blatantly did a U-turn stands proven since you gave 2 different opinions in substantially similar cases. Now who's being obtuse?

Fixating on the 2 months and 4000 miles only makes any sense legally if mrcohanian's problem wasn't there at the start but only DEVELOPED after 2 months. You're devising legal argument based on the fact that you sympathise with a failure which happens after 2 days more than if it happens after 2 months. That kind of argument impresses lay people but not lawyers.

Trust you to deflect attention from your obvious cock-up by picking on the words "latent defect". As a matter of law, yes, the concept of 'latent defect' does indeed concern the question of whether a cause of action is time-barred under the Statute of Limitations (in the UK our equivalent is the Limitation Act 1980) but this is precisely because it deals with the question of WHEN the defect surfaces and whether this is within the time limit for a law suit to be started. I agree with you on this point but Nick it's just not relevant.

Anyhow, if this were indeed a law school exam, you wouldn't get a passing grade from yourself either

Nick, man, you really need to read and understand my posts before you pounce. Otherwise, you just end up with egg all over your face but I guess it was predictable that you would jump at the latent defect point out of sheer desperation.

Anyway, from your nature, I know you won't be persuaded by what I've written even though it's clear as day and right in front of your nose. So I won't write on this thread again. It's been great verbally jousting with you.

It's funny - I enjoy talking with you even though you can be so stubborn at times. You love refusing to accept the truth even when it's right in front of you.

Take care man. It's been a pleasure as always

Here, Nick, I'm bored of holding your balls. You can have them back even though you haven't won them back. I wouldn't want to upset your missus

I'm going to contact Eddie Murphy to warn him that you are competing with him to do the voice-over for donkey in Shrek 3

Yikes...I just think its fun counting all the icons in this thread!!!

HEHEHE

I leave you with this thought;

It is a thousand times better to have common sense without education, than education without sense.

Keep that in mind as you pursue your legal career.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    HEHEHE

It is a thousand times better to have common sense without education, than education without sense.

Keep that in mind as you pursue your legal career.

I don't profess to have much in the way of a formal education as I flunked out of college but I always thought I had common sense and as a businessman knew enough to stay out of the civil court system and to never let a Pro Tem or Arbitrator adjudicate your case but I don't see that much difference between a car that is two days old and has 200 miles and a car that is two months old with 4,000 miles.

My 2007 C2S is 5 months old with 5,600 miles and I still look at it as a new car. Would a two month old car with 200 miles still be considered new and eligible for replacement or how about a one week old car with 4,000 miles? Please be specific as we have both time and miles to consider here in our determination; so when in your eyes does an automobile cease being considered a new car that would qualify for replacement?

Quote:
    jerrygee said:
    I don't profess to have much in the way of a formal education as I flunked out of college but I always thought I had common sense and as a businessman knew enough to stay out of the civil court system and to never let a Pro Tem or Arbitrator adjudicate your case but I don't see that much difference between a car that is two days old and has 200 miles and a car that is two months old with 4,000 miles.

Shhhhh! Bad Juror! LOL.

No way would you survive voir dire in Nick's jurisdiction.

Wow, what an extended thread, I was all for a NEW car when I thought it had been an outright purchase.

But since it is a lease, I say repair it as quickly as possible with bubble gum if necessary and then drive the living [beep] out of it for the life of the lease.

Give it back with a smile on your face.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    HEHEHE

Yeh, must be hell for you, Nick.

So you did get an education then?

Quote:
    fritz said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    HEHEHE

Yeh, must be hell for you, Nick.

So you did get an education then?

I'm sure, with honors.

Hi everyone!  I was looking over our current GT3 thread and remembered this delight from seven years ago!  So many similarities to GT3 engine replacement discussions.  I must say Nick and Frayed have remained very consistent over the years.  I miss when Easy_rider was more involved in discussions.  Boy was I hot-headed in those days!!!  Good stuff and worth another look.  One could almost cut and paste some of the discussion point!

Cheers ALL and it has been fun all these years!

Mike

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    752807 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430455 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258469 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255392 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79499 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5248 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868066 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    801652 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM