Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: The moment I've been waiting for...

great pictures - mine is a hybernation - but cannot wait for spring kiss

Thank you Ferdie, I'm glad to have you along for the trip. indecision

I bet you're excited to have yours back on the road, BjoernB. After a nice winter rest I'm sure your car will drive better than ever. smiley

--

If I don't fly, I drive my .:RS 

cannot  wait - but passing it everyday makes me already happy - to me still one of the sexiest looking 911's ever ! looking at yr pictures just confirmes this to me. devil

did a interesting "research" on the 997 RS's value today. I was just checking the used car market and here in CH and there are from the 997 range only 16 RS in CH (Mk2), but 81 Ferrari 458;s , 44 Gallardo's and 137 Astons same production year onwards (2010) - I am quite shocked of how many Ferraris you can buy and quite happy about the resale value of the RS - keep's quite steady ! How is the US doing with our RS's ?

Some beautiful shots again . Thanks .

Your car seem to have a perfect shine . Do you wax it regularly ? Do you give it for cleaning ? or is that all natural ? indecision

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

BjoernB, I haven't done any particular research. From what I've come across though on other sites the 3.8 over here holds its value very well and the 4.0 exceptionally well. And I can see why.

--

Gnil, the beauty seems to be all natural, no special treatment or enhancement here. smiley I am surprised myself at how shiny it looks.

I haven't waxed the car since I got it. I just give it a careful warm bath with 1Z Perls Shampoo, rinse it, and blow dry it with an electric leaf-blower. My daughter and I have become a good car wash team. indecision

Since I don't wash the car too frequently I go after any insect splashes with 1Z Spray Wax to make sure they don't etch into the paint. And I religiously stay away from any sprinkler runoff over here.

--

Thanks for sharing the photos. kiss

Hand washing? You are spoiled. I put my babies into one of those automatic washing thingies and off they go. indecision

In the past, I loved washing the cars myself, especially when the kids helped. Nowadays, I just don't have the time (I barely get to really drive the cars), so they need to be washed fast. yes

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Pilot:

Great shot Pilot !! Your car as always looks amazing. And your lovely wife completes the shot. Thanks for sharing  Smiley

Enmanuel:
    Pilot:

Great shot Pilot !! Your car as always looks amazing. And your lovely wife completes the shot. Thanks for sharing  Smiley

Thank you for the great comment, Enmanuel. You just made the shot even more special for me indecision

--

You are welcome RC. It is always a joy to share. wink

As for hand washing, sometimes you have to do things the old fashioned way. smiley

--

I would love to do things the old fashioned way and to be honest, I miss the time when I washed my car(s) by hand. A lot. surprise

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), BMW X3 35d (2013)

RC:

I would love to do things the old fashioned way and to be honest, I miss the time when I washed my car(s) by hand. A lot. surprise

RC, if it makes you feel any better, here is an edited version of my reply to you written by my daughter: indecision

You are welcome RC. It is always a joy to share. Smiley

As for hand washing, sometimes you have to do things the old fashioned way.  Smiley It doesn’t take too long to wash, usually about two hours. Besides it gives me a reason to torture my daughter, get her up at ungodly times in the day when it’s cold and dark and irritate her by constantly wetting the areas she has already dried twice or three times. Oh, and then I have the nerve to tell her to be happy and enjoy the beautiful morning. It’s great, I enjoy it a lot.

I just had to share it, it was too funny to keep to myself.

--

Pilot:

This must be the  most beautiful shot you have ever posted . The angle is just perfect , showing the strength of the RS by it's wide and strong hips + seeing the duck tail and on top that huge flat wind , floating above the machine . All this enhanced and shared by your wife's perfect curbs , stylish looks and sexy pose Smiley

Hopefully, in a not too distant future .... but rumors are not great ,  I'll be able to do some nice shots of mine also next to my sexy wife Smiley

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Gnil:

This must be the  most beautiful shot you have ever posted . The angle is just perfect , showing the strength of the RS by it's wide and strong hips + seeing the duck tail and on top that huge flat wind , floating above the machine . All this enhanced and shared by your wife's perfect curbs , stylish looks and sexy pose Smiley

+1 Smiley

Beautiful shot!

--

2014 981 Boxster S | Riviera Blue | PDK | Sport Suspension (-20mm) | PCCB | PTV | PSE
    2010 997.2 C2S | Carrara White | Manual | S-PASM (-20mm) | PSE | OZ Superforgiata
    2010 Audi S5 cabrio | Ibis White

Previous
    2008 997.1 C4S | Guards Red | Manual | PSE | Bilstein PSS10 | H&R Roll Bars | Dension 500
    2007 997.1 Turbo | Meteor Gray | Manual | Bilstein PSS10 | Cargraphic Stage 2 | Dension 500
    2005 987.1 Boxster S | Arctic Silver | Manual | OZ Ultraleggera | H&R Cup Suspension | H&R Roll Bars | Sachs Racing Clutch | Recaro Shells
    2005 997.1 C2S | Atlas Gray | Manual | PSE | Sport Suspension (-20mm)

Gnil:
    Pilot:

Hopefully, in a not too distant future .... but rumors are not great ,  I'll be able to do some nice shots of mine also next to my sexy wife Smiley

My wife sends you a very big thank you Gnil  I can't really describe it, but something magical happened on that bridge. It felt like meeting her all over again. cool

We are all looking forward to the delivery of your dream RS in the not too distant future and then it is your turn to show off the wing and more ...Smiley

--

Pilot:
    RC:

RC, if it makes you feel any better, here is an edited version of my reply to you written by my daughter: indecision

You are welcome RC. It is always a joy to share. Smiley

As for hand washing, sometimes you have to do things the old fashioned way.  Smiley It doesn’t take too long to wash, usually about two hours. Besides it gives me a reason to torture my daughter, get her up at ungodly times in the day when it’s cold and dark and irritate her by constantly wetting the areas she has already dried twice or three times. Oh, and then I have the nerve to tell her to be happy and enjoy the beautiful morning. It’s great, I enjoy it a lot.

I just had to share it, it was too funny to keep to myself.

Smiley Smiley My daughter wouldn't be much different. My son is completely different though, he loves cleaning the car(s), especially when he gets paid. Smiley

--

I've always contended that hand-jobs are much better than any automated method...

Stunning photos Pilot, as always - great to be able to appreciate them again...wink

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

Non-stop to Sydney

Okay, the Pilot of yours is off to catch a Qantas 747 to Sydney, Australia to celebrate two events--- my birthday, and 10,000 flight hours.   wink

Whichever flight level (FL) we may be burning jet fuel at to keep the fans spinning and the passengers warm, I will have about 15 hours to get trashed.  smiley

The non-stop flight over the Pacific Ocean will touch down at Sydney Airport (SYD) on my birthday, and my first official acts when I step off the airplane will be to hug my sweet daughter and to kiss my lovely wife.  cool

Does anyone have any last minute tips or recommendations for Sydney, like hotels, restaurants, and things not to miss? I will definitely share some of the best widescreen images from our trip here.

In the meantime our 3.8 GT3 RS will be dearly missed. 

--

Update #1

I don't really know where to begin, so I'll start by saying there won't be new pictures for a while. The cell phone reception is very weak where we are staying, which is good since the whole point of our vacation is to get away from everything, so I will do my best to write about it ;)

Our midnight departure from LAX was very cool. The redesigned Tom Bradley International Terminal is very modern and elegant and we liked it a lot. My wife and daughter enjoyed their duty free shopping (which is now located after security) at Dior while I bought myself a bottle of Jack. Boarding the airplane, the push back, and the following aircraft taxi procedure from the terminal to our assigned runway (25R) was a breeze. There was no delay and things were not as hectic as they are during the daytime. In short we had an easy start for our very long flight.

Our Qantas flight was nice and smooth. The cabin crew was friendly, professional and efficient. When we boarded my wife got in the same friendly spirit by simply shaking the purser's hand instead of showing him the boarding pass. Of course after that he remembered her and us and when we disembarked the airplane we shook his hand again.

I guess the flight crew must like the route from LAX to SYD as well. There's not too much to do on this flight since it is a straight line over open water across the equator. Just as we crossed the international date line my sweetheart brought us a drink to celebrate, after all it was time to toast my birthday;) We had hardly any bumps so I didn't have to worry about spilling any of my liquor :)

The approach into Sydney was great and we landed on time. I have to say the flight didn't feel as long as it was. Everyone here has been very friendly, even the drug/food sniffing dog at customs was happy as he checked our bags.

Picking up our rental car was the next thing on the agenda. To my surprise and delight we got a brand new white VW Golf 7 TSI with DSG and only 200 km on it. It really is brand new, it was just built in December and had its PDI done two weeks ago. The woman at the rental place also seemed to enjoy her work (even though her long black fingernails seemed to be in her way when typing). After I signed everything and appeared to be safe for driving we went to the Apple store in downtown to pick up an adaptor for our iPhones. My daughter was my navigator and thanks to the friendly Google voice we didn't get lost but driving on the opposite side in such a busy city was quite unnerving. The start/stop function of the car didn't help, at first I thought I had an engine problem. Things were better after I found the button to disable this, in my opinion, useless feature but I still couldn't find suitable parking, or for that matter any parking. To solve the issue I asked my daughter to just jump out and go into the store while I circled the place. Without my wife's guidance I would have probably gotten lost just driving around the block as I started to suffer from jet lag.

The drive from Sydney to our final destination in Seal Rocks, about 300 km north, was amazing. It's a very beautiful part of Australia and our new Golf 7 performed very well. There may be a slight oversupply of cops on the highways ;)

It is so beautiful here in Seal Rocks that it is really difficult to put it into words so this is where all the photos will come in later. So please bear with me. It is nice to be away from "it all". Our beach house is spectacular. It has an open floor plan with lots of glass doors and windows. Trees surround it on all sides and the wrap-around deck allows for a beautiful view of the Pacific Ocean wherever you are. All there is to hear is the wildlife, the crashing of the waves and the occasional fishing boat...

The water is warm and so is the air temperature. Except for some fisherman and a few locals, we pretty much have a golden stretch of sandy beach all to ourselves.

After we unpacked a little we went to the beach where my loved ones surprised me with a beautiful birthday card and gift. Again, I was very happy and excited. They also brought along some of the Jack Daniel's we bought at LAX mixed with Coke and served over ice :) 

More will follow as the story continues...

--

Update #2

It's about 7 pm local time as I write this and despite only 6 hours time difference between Sydney and Los Angeles, I still feel the jet lag. So, naturally, I like to be close to the Espresso machine in the kitchen ;)

I miss driving my RS but it wouldn't make much sense to have it where I am right now since I would need a flatbed tow truck to get around ;)

Warm steamy fog has moved into our bay and the moist air feels so good to breathe. The rain forest (even if it's not really one, it at least looks like one) around us is full of life and all kinds of birds come close to our house and try talking to us.

Today we had a Red Snapper for dinner. It came right out of the sea and  went directly into our frying pan. My wife ran into one of the local fishermen, which are a bit difficult to understand since I'm not yet used to the accent, but they definitely know how to fish and are friendly :) It doesn't get much fresher or tastier thanks to my wifey's excellent cooking skills and my daughter's creative help.

Another observation, I completely forgot how wonderful fresh natural and soft water is. If you have been to Southern California or live there, you probably know what I'm talking about. Everything is so lush and green here without sprinklers. It's also awesome to be able to drink the water from the tap-- the water in the house is collected rainwater.

Yesterday we walked up to the Sugarloaf Point Light House which is about a 30 minute walk from our place. It was built in 1875 and is still active. It is also home to some majorly oversized flying ants :) In fact the assorted sizes of ants seems a little redundant-- really they come in mini, normal, medium and massive ;) The view from the lighthouse was something else, just beautiful...

--

Hey Pilot,
    Congratulations mate, and enjoy your holidays!
    I think you'll have a blast, fantastic scenery and friendly people, what else can one want!
    Cheers Mate! ;-)

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Pictures !!! 

Nice write up . It seems that the place is very interesting . looking forward to some holidays at the beach again !

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

@Joost

Our vacation has been going really well. Thank you, I am so happy with everything. The timing of the two occasions, the flight, the location, the beach house, ... it's just perfect :)

P.S. My daughter says hi ;)

@Enmanuel

Sorry, no photos for now. My iPhone has only a 1 to 2 bar 3G connection at our location and uploading anything of quality would take forever :(

@Gnil

You are welcome. I'm normally not a man of many words, but here I actually enjoy writing because I have time. My last beach vacation with my family was to the Seychelles, which was a dream but this here in Australia tops it.

Update #3

We made it through a stormy night and our area lost electrical power for a few hours. It was nice listening to the heavy rain drops while playing cards at the dining table, which was only illuminated by romantic candle light ;)

Power was restored a little past midnight, this is when I heard my daughter switching off all the fancy lighting in and around the house. It was still on from before the power loss occurred. I thought this was really nice of her. By the way, the architect who designed this house really thought everything through. If I could, I would write a check for it in a heartbeat (though I doubt the owner would sell) this is how well planned and situated this property is.

Next morning. As usual, I got up very early. This time not to photograph a fancy car or my wife on a bridge, but to capture the clear morning view of the bay from our deck. The morning sky was so clear and full of stars that I ran out of wishes very quickly. I promise to post the best shots when I return from Down Under in about two weeks. You will not be disappointed!

Not only is my internal clock still screwed up, but I also have to convince myself that north is where the sun is at noon ;) Not to mention my left hand driving, which at times makes my wife and daughter feel a little uncomfortable.

On the culinary side: we started out with some freshly backed pastry and Espresso right after the photo shoot and had a traditional breakfast later in the morning. In between I made myself useful by cleaning up what was left in the kitchen from the day before since we had no electricity in the evening to do it then.

We spent the afternoon at the beach, just a short walk from where we sleep. The first thing you notice is that the fine sand makes a funny noise when you walk on it, a squeaking sort of sound, but you hear it only between the crashing of the powerful waves.

The water is clear and the color matches perfectly with my wife's beautiful eyes - shades of deep alluring blue and turquoise. No wonder I'm falling in love with this part of Australia. A group of dolphins that just swam by seems to agree with me and like it here just as much :) 

--

Pilot:

@Gnil

You are welcome. I'm normally not a man of many words, but here I actually enjoy writing because I have time. My last beach vacation with my family was to the Seychelles, which was a dream but this here in Australia tops it.

I have great memories from the Seychelles .  There, I took the most different vehicles in one day .  First Taxi, then plane, then rented a jeep, then boat and then finally bicycle ....... and the same back . ( it was to go from Mahe to La Digue, passing by Praslin )

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Update #4

Another day in Australia and thankfully I have no more jet lag ;)

It is now 5:51pm. We just got back from the beach after playing in the ocean waves. The angle of the sun was just right for some cool widescreen shots. The sea water feels very good but since my iPhone won't measure it's temperature— or even if it did I wouldn't have the heart to submerge it, haha— I have no clue how warm it actually is.

I'm sitting here on the deck just outside the kitchen and dining room as I type this. Dinner preparations are well under way. We stocked up on fresh food this morning and I can't wait to find out what we will be eating.

I'm very happy with our Golf 7. It hardly burns any fuel and is remarkably quite to drive. Quite the opposite from our GT3 RS, which as you all know I adore so much :)

Which brings me to the next thing I would like to share with you. It was September last year when we watched the movie Adore in iTunes. It is an Australian/French production and was shot right here in Seal Rocks. It was so beautiful to watch that I asked my daughter during the movie to see where it played. A few days later I had three tickets to Australia and had booked our beach house :)

You can go check out the trailer for this movie, it pretty much sums up what it's like here.

--

Good to hear you're enjoying yourself so much Pilot!
    Got any flying planned, just for fun?
    Will definately have a look at that movie you mentioned.
    Btw, send my regards back! ;-)

Cheers Joost.

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

If you go back to Sydney, here are some restaurant suggestions:

Quay - outstanding fine dining overlooking the harbour, still listed in top 50 worldwide

Jonah's at Whale Beach, great food and beautiful food.

Doyle's at Watson's Bay - catch their water taxi at Circular Quay to get there. A bit more touristy but a great visual experience and lovely seafood (though it is a while since I have been there)

Enjoy Oz and watch out for bunyips

Copy that sevoman. Will check it out and roger on bunyips ;) I can only speak for what I have seen so far (which is not much) but it is truly a beautiful place down here :)

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM