Crown

Board: Porsche - Boxster Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 981 Boxster S in Riviera Blue

993Targa:

Perfection! I really like the platinum wheels, also in real life. Smiley

Cheers! Smiley Same here.

--

2010 997.2 C2S | Carrara White | Manual | S-PASM (-20mm) | PSE | OZ Superforgiata
    2010 Audi S5 cabrio | Ibis White

Previous
    2008 997.1 C4S | Guards Red | Manual | PSE | Bilstein PSS10 | H&R Roll Bars | Dension 500
    2007 997.1 Turbo | Meteor Gray | Manual | Bilstein PSS10 | Cargraphic Stage 2 | Dension 500
    2005 987.1 Boxster S | Arctic Silver | Manual | OZ Ultraleggera | H&R Cup Suspension | H&R Roll Bars | Sachs Racing Clutch | Recaro Shells
    2005 997.1 C2S | Atlas Gray | Manual | PSE | Sport Suspension (-20mm)

Just a suggestion: Your spec is very similar to my car-with the exception of colour gearbox, -20mm and brakes... I nearly missed the interior light package on mine without which you have no lights in your sun visors.......which wouldn't go well with my wife in the case of my car!! You get lights to see what you are stepping into as well but I'd recommend you add that. The front parking sensors aren't obtrusive and work well too especially compared to my BMW. Also....the wheels I have are the only factory option that are 0.5 inches wider than the rest- with your chassis choice you might think about it? The SportAuto NBR and H'heim times seem to always be on the optional wider rim.  

The colour you have chosen is really great-I wish I'd done something a bit bolder than GT silver sometimes :)

I lost this thread,congrats bluelines,riviera blue looks really great!!bravo!

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II(sold),2011 Cayenne Turbo(sold),waiting 991 GT3 RS

john999s:

Just a suggestion: Your spec is very similar to my car-with the exception of colour gearbox, -20mm and brakes... I nearly missed the interior light package on mine without which you have no lights in your sun visors.......which wouldn't go well with my wife in the case of my car!! You get lights to see what you are stepping into as well but I'd recommend you add that. The front parking sensors aren't obtrusive and work well too especially compared to my BMW. Also....the wheels I have are the only factory option that are 0.5 inches wider than the rest- with your chassis choice you might think about it? The SportAuto NBR and H'heim times seem to always be on the optional wider rim.  

The colour you have chosen is really great-I wish I'd done something a bit bolder than GT silver sometimes :)

Thanks for the suggestions! Smiley I will check out the interior light package, but to be honest these kind of options are not high on my list Smiley Regarding the wheels, as far as I know you cannot the wider SportTechno wheels in platinum. I am obsessed about this colour on the wheels. I am anyway going to put on H&R 7mm spacers in the front and 15mm in the rear to get the wheels flush with the wheel arcs. IMHO this is a must with the -20mm suspension. Purely for looks Smiley

--

2014 981 Boxster S | Riviera Blue | PDK | Sport Suspension (-20mm) | PCCB | PTV | PSE
    2010 997.2 C2S | Carrara White | Manual | S-PASM (-20mm) | PSE | OZ Superforgiata

Previous
    2008 997.1 C4S | Guards Red | Manual | PSE | Bilstein PSS10 | H&R Roll Bars | Dension 500
    2007 997.1 Turbo | Meteor Gray | Manual | Bilstein PSS10 | Cargraphic Stage 2 | Dension 500
    2005 987.1 Boxster S | Arctic Silver | Manual | OZ Ultraleggera | H&R Cup Suspension | H&R Roll Bars | Sachs Racing Clutch | Recaro Shells

Super Darius:

I lost this thread,congrats bluelines,riviera blue looks really great!!bravo!

Thanks mate! Smiley

--

2014 981 Boxster S | Riviera Blue | PDK | Sport Suspension (-20mm) | PCCB | PTV | PSE

Previous

Maybe add Sport Mirrors to your order? yes They look sportier and are in one color.

I agree on the how the stock brakes look they do look silly small on the Boxster. Besides the CC's have better feel so you get more precision braking.

JimFlat6:

Maybe add Sport Mirrors to your order? yes They look sportier and are in one color.

I agree on the how the stock brakes look they do look silly small on the Boxster. Besides the CC's have better feel so you get more precision braking.

Unfortunately they aren't available on the 981 (yet). Maybe aftermarket....  I would definitely like to have them on my Boxster! They look much better than the normal mirrors.

--

Suzy

2013 Porsche Boxster S (MT) | Basaltblack metallic
    2012 Audi SQ5 TDI | Lavagrey metallic

SuzyF:
    JimFlat6:

Unfortunately they aren't available on the 981 (yet). Maybe aftermarket....  I would definitely like to have them on my Boxster! They look much better than the normal mirrors.

Correct, not available yet. Otherwise I would have ordered them Smiley

--

Previous

They seem to have run out of paint at the factory. No more Riviera Blue for MY 2014 mail

--

Previous

bluelines:

They seem to have run out of paint at the factory. No more Riviera Blue for MY 2014 mail

WTF??! Smiley It's so nice to have a new trillion dollar paint factory at both plants.Smiley  Smiley How on earth can they have no more Riviera blue paint? 

I don't get Porsche's policy regarding colors and painting of cars to be honest. That's definitely an area where they can improve a lot... An awful lot! 

--

Suzy

SuzyF:

WTF??! Smiley It's so nice to have a new trillion dollar paint factory at both plants.Smiley  Smiley How on earth can they have no more Riviera blue paint? 

I don't get Porsche's policy regarding colors and painting of cars to be honest. That's definitely an area where they can improve a lot... An awful lot! 

I guess too little demand for Riviera Blue and hence not worth to switch to colour in the plant Smiley

Not happy.

--

Previous

bluelines:
    SuzyF:

I guess too little demand for Riviera Blue and hence not worth to switch to colour in the plant Smiley

Not happy.

I really can imagine that you're not happy!

The fact that they need "enough" cars in a particular color to even begin painting, is one thing I don't get. One pays a huge "penalty" for PTS and even that seems not enough. Audi Exclusive or BMW Individual don't make any problems if one orders a car in a color that isn't standard and they produce bigger volumes than Porsche...

--

Suzy

Could it be that the color is reserved for a specific model from now one and hence not available for PTS? I remember that Porsche does not only refuse certain colors due to technical (or organizational) reasons but due to product planning as well. Considering the cars that are about to debut (and if my assumption is true) the 981 GTS or 911 GT3 RS might receive the same color this year.

I wonder if it's slated to be made at the old Karmann plant rather than Stuttgart? That might limit the paint if they are flat out building 911's in Stuttgart and have moved all Cayman and Boxster production. Having said that I've also heard that of you order exclusive then most of them go down the line with 911s although that might have changed. 

Ferdie:

Could it be that the color is reserved for a specific model from now one and hence not available for PTS? I remember that Porsche does not only refuse certain colors due to technical (or organizational) reasons but due to product planning as well. Considering the cars that are about to debut (and if my assumption is true) the 981 GTS or 911 GT3 RS might receive the same color this year.

There are a few Riviera Blue 981 Boxster cars out there, so I doubt it is for technical reasons. The dealer said the next slot for Riviera Blue PTS will be in MY 2015, but no indication when.

It might well be that the GT3 RS comes in Riviera Blue. After all, it was the '95 993 RS colour Smiley I don't see why that would affect MY 2014 though.

--

Previous

call Porsche Exclusive in Zuffenhausen to confirm position

sfo:

Thanks for the tip, but that is what the dealer did today. MY2015, no further details from the Exclusive boys.

--

Previous

sfo:

+981 Smiley

BTW, production of MY2015 starts in june if I'm correct...

--

Suzy

If you have a good regional guy from Porsche and you have a history with them and you have a decent dealer I have found them to be helpful in fulfilling your wishes. However if it's marketing strategy for the next RS or whatever even the regional guys probably can't fix it I suppose.

SuzyF:

+981 Smiley

BTW, production of MY2015 starts in june if I'm correct...

Yes, it does. Could still be 3-6 months on top of this for a PTS slot.

I think I leave the order as is and see what happens. I asked about the 981 GTS too and pointed them to the spy pics, but obviously they had not heard about this model yet Smiley

If the GTS is official before I get a build date for a Riviera Blue S, then I might switch to a standard colour and get the GTS asap in June. Although I have to see better quality pics first. I am not 100% about the new front facia. Looks aggressive, but a bit busy below the LED lights. The 987 SportDesign package has not aged well IMHO. Too much aftermarket look now.

--

Previous

Well, the good thing about it is, you don't need to worry about the car you take for your PSDS events...Smiley...though, I am confused why your choice of colour would not be available...I would hope that a GTS might be waiting for you...sad news.

d997h:

Well, the good thing about it is, you don't need to worry about the car you take for your PSDS events...Smiley

Yeah, my skateboard Smiley

It is a bit tiring after having spent this much time on deciding which car to get next and which colour. Then it all falls apart right before the finish line. But hey, it is what people call "a nice problem to have". I am sure it will work out well in the end. If not there is always the new M4 at the nearest BMW dealer Smiley It comes in flashy colours at least.

--

Previous

what about Viper green then ? indecision

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Bluelines, did you think about Mexico Blue? it is a slightly lighter shade than Riviera.

--

911 Club Coupe, 993 4S Riviera Blau, 12' Audi S4 Avant

Yes, maybe I can check if there are other PTS slots scheduled,but Riviera was my number one choice by far. Number two is Voodoo Blue. Super nice color too and very rare. Mexico and Viper are nice too of course. indecision

--

Previous

Here is Voodoo Blue for those who have not seen it. A flat (non-metallic) paint. The Porsche paint code is 'Z12'.

voodoo.jpg

--

Previous

If PTS does not work out in time these are my five favourite combinations. I welcome your input, feedback or random insults.

A. Agate Grey (metallic) with two tone agate-orange interior and black top

Screen Shot 2014-01-21 at 21.05.09.png

B. Rhodium Silver (metallic) with espresso interior and brown top

Screen Shot 2014-01-21 at 21.05.55.png

C. White (flat) with black interior and black top

Screen Shot 2014-01-21 at 21.06.45.png

D. Black (flat) with Carrera red interior and red top

Screen Shot 2014-01-21 at 21.11.01.png

E. Racing Yellow (flat) with black interior and black top

Screen Shot 2014-01-21 at 21.12.34.png

--

Previous

you have ruled out Guards Red ?

--

Porsche 911 GT3 - Guards Red 997 MKII Clubsport

All nice IMHO :)

Gauss:

you have ruled out Guards Red ?

Yes, it looks like the dogs bollocks. Who buys a Guards Red car... oh, wait... eeh! Smiley Just joking. Smiley

I like Guards Red too. I had a 997 in this colour. Gorgeous! It just 'feels' off with the yellow brake calipers on a red car. Or?

pccb.jpg

--

Previous

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690535 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409793 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256044 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235283 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65650 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4657 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858465 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774749 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM