Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S

okokok, no offense taken.

just to add a comment on british journals: i do not feel that they are biased towards UK cars. just look at how consistently they have rated the MP14-12C behind the F458.

I was playing with MS Paint (no high skills) about facelift.

Regards991tts-fl.JPG

Hope they won't extend the tail lights on the FL

--

Beautiful red 991TTS

J.Seven

J.Seven:

Beautiful red 991TTS

Wow! Smiley Stunning.

--

2014 981 Boxster S | Riviera Blue | PDK | Sport Suspension (-20mm) | PCCB | PTV | PSE
    2010 997.2 C2S | Carrara White | Manual | S-PASM (-20mm) | PSE | OZ Superforgiata
    2010 Audi S5 cabrio | Ibis White

Previous
    2008 997.1 C4S | Guards Red | Manual | PSE | Bilstein PSS10 | H&R Roll Bars | Dension 500
    2007 997.1 Turbo | Meteor Gray | Manual | Bilstein PSS10 | Cargraphic Stage 2 | Dension 500
    2005 987.1 Boxster S | Arctic Silver | Manual | OZ Ultraleggera | H&R Cup Suspension | H&R Roll Bars | Sachs Racing Clutch | Recaro Shells
    2005 997.1 C2S | Atlas Gray | Manual | PSE | Sport Suspension (-20mm)

WOOOOWWWW

Damn.....angel

Although I'm normally not such a big fan of bright red Porsches, I have to say that this car looks absolutely stunning!!! Too bad the owner opted for non-painted, electric folded mirros instead of the SportDesign mirrors.... These look a bit out of place now. 

--

Suzy

2013 Porsche Boxster S (MT) | Basaltblack metallic
    2012 Audi SQ5 TDI | Lavagrey metallic

SuzyF:

Damn.....angel

Although I'm normally not such a big fan of bright red Porsches, I have to say that this car looks absolutely stunning!!! Too bad the owner opted for non-painted, electric folded mirros instead of the SportDesign mirrors.... These look a bit out of place now. 

the main problem of this red turbo S is the red F458 italia next to it. the mirrors are its least problem......

andyFE:
    SuzyF:

Damn.....angel

the main problem of this red turbo S is the red F458 italia next to it. the mirrors are its least problem......

Hahaha Smiley That wouldn't be a problem for me Smiley

--

Suzy

andyFE:
    SuzyF:

Damn.....angel

It's not a problem, if they are both in your garage. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

SuzyF:

... Too bad the owner opted for non-painted, electric folded mirros instead of the SportDesign mirrors.... These look a bit out of place now. 

The Sport Design mirrors generally look nicer, but these don't look out of place to my eye, on this car. The contrast between the red and black parts is, I think, what gives this car such a dramatic look, and the black on the mirrors fits right in with that

apias:
    SuzyF:

... Too bad the owner opted for non-painted, electric folded mirros instead of the SportDesign mirrors.... These look a bit out of place now. 

The Sport Design mirrors generally look nicer, but these don't look out of place to my eye, on this car. The contrast between the red and black parts is, I think, what gives this car such a dramatic look, and the black on the mirrors fits right in with that

I agree that the black contrast doesn't look bad, but it would be nice if it wasn't "cheap" looking plastic on a €200k car  Smiley

Personally I always like mirrors painted in exterior color, but of course this is mostly a matter of taste. Besides that.... the sportdesign mirrors just look so good... Smiley

--

Suzy

Amazing pair indeed Smiley

J.Seven

To be honest in these pictures the Turbo looks (at least) an equally striking car, contrary to popular belief that it is too ordinary compared to Ferraris. 

--

"Form follows function"

Indeed. Turbo S looks much more mature car in this group, imo...

reginos:

To be honest in these pictures the Turbo looks (at least) an equally striking car, contrary to popular belief that it is too ordinary compared to Ferraris. 

The power of color. A dark gray brown mossy 458 does not look very striking either.

Porsche should offer more PTS colors as standard and stop offering 5 different variants of gray/brown metallic.

--

2014 981 Boxster S | Riviera Blue | PDK | Sport Suspension (-20mm) | PCCB | PTV | PSE
    2010 997.2 C2S | Carrara White | Manual | S-PASM (-20mm) | PSE | OZ Superforgiata
    2010 Audi S5 cabrio | Ibis White

Previous
    2008 997.1 C4S | Guards Red | Manual | PSE | Bilstein PSS10 | H&R Roll Bars | Dension 500
    2007 997.1 Turbo | Meteor Gray | Manual | Bilstein PSS10 | Cargraphic Stage 2 | Dension 500
    2005 987.1 Boxster S | Arctic Silver | Manual | OZ Ultraleggera | H&R Cup Suspension | H&R Roll Bars | Sachs Racing Clutch | Recaro Shells
    2005 997.1 C2S | Atlas Gray | Manual | PSE | Sport Suspension (-20mm)

bluelines:
    reginos:

The power of color. A dark gray brown mossy 458 does not look very striking either.

Porsche should offer more PTS colors as standard and stop offering 5 different variants of gray/brown metallic.

They should also make the side intakes look more homogeneous and more expensive e.g. carbon or at least body colour coded.

--

"Form follows function"

andyFE:

autocar refers to the cruise control camera in the front part of the tts. it is very ugly indeed (why can't porsche hire some gifted designers????) but it is cool tech if it works (i cannnot judge).

There is no camera, thats the point. This is an ACC sensor, not a camera. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), BMW X3 35d (2013)

RC:
    andyFE:

autocar refers to the cruise control camera in the front part of the tts. it is very ugly indeed (why can't porsche hire some gifted designers????) but it is cool tech if it works (i cannnot judge).

There is no camera, thats the point. This is an ACC sensor, not a camera. Smiley

well, a sensor is also a kind of camera technically speaking. and whatever it is, it looks ugly. 

A camera which emits and receives a radar beam, interesting.  Maybe you should put that up for a patent. 

There are ACC systems which are incorporating a GPS based camera system but the camera is usually somewhere else and the ACC sensor is not a camera, not even by a longshot. This is no image sensor.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), BMW X3 35d (2013)

andyFE:

well, a sensor is also a kind of camera technically speaking. and whatever it is, it looks ugly. 

Technically speaking, a camera is a type of sensor, not the other way around -- all cameras are sensors, but it's not the case that all sensors are cameras.

No matter what it is, its ugly smiley

--

My new blog with automotive & motorcycle renders: tessoart.blogspot.com

i just heard that the new taxes which will be introduced in austria this coming march will make the turbo s more expensive....by between 25K and 30K euros depending on the specs.......unbelievable!!!!

apias:
    andyFE:

Technically speaking, a camera is a type of sensor, not the other way around -- all cameras are sensors, but it's not the case that all sensors are cameras.

true. thanks.

Just to focus on a few of the points made above in this mini-debate.

Regarding "tactility" (which actually means the biological sense of touch we have with our fingers), I see no basis for one to conclude that UK magazines appreciate certain driving attributes more than German magazines.

The comments that the English appreciate aesthetics and exhaust sound more than the Germans is just nonsense. Aesthetic and aural appreciation varies from person to person. One cannot make sweeping generalisations like this about entire populations without any evidence to back it up.

I also see no reason why a 991 TTS would not make sense on UK roads. For a sports car, the TTS is designed to cope with all weather usage and variable road surface quality. It is certainly designed to cope with these factors better than a 991 GT3.

I also think it is inaccurate to state that UK roads are the "worst in Western Europe". The condition of UK roads varies greatly as it does in every other country. Some roads can be abysmal with potholes, rough asphalt and cracks etc. Others can be much better. I certainly don't think UK roads are the worst in relation to their condition. They are likely average but one cannot be certain without carrying out some actual empirical analysis (rather than making sweeping assertions).

As for stating that the roads in the south of the UK are permanently clogged, this is simply wrong. Leeds is geographically approximately halfway up the UK. There is not traffic 24/7 on UK roads to the south of Leeds.

As for UK car magazines, IMO they are not biased against Porsche or other German marques. However, they can be overly patriotic in relation to some British cars. IMO their comparisons and conclusions should be taken as no more than just subjective judgements that may often reflect little more than the preferences and prejudices of whoever happens to be writing the article in question. I'm not a fan of many UK motor magazines for this reason.

A final word: everyone has the right and freedom to express their opinion here but the weight that others will give to that opinion will be determined by its quality. That quality contributes to the overall quality (or lack thereof) on Rennteam. Rennteam seeks to be informative and, as such, quality matters.

--

997.1 C2S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

easy_rider911:

Just to focus on a few of the points made above in this mini-debate.

Regarding "tactility" (which actually means the biological sense of touch we have with our fingers), I see no basis for one to conclude that UK magazines appreciate certain driving attributes more than German magazines.

The comments that the English appreciate aesthetics and exhaust sound more than the Germans is just nonsense. Aesthetic and aural appreciation varies from person to person. One cannot make sweeping generalisations like this about entire populations without any evidence to back it up.

I also see no reason why a 991 TTS would not make sense on UK roads. For a sports car, the TTS is designed to cope with all weather usage and variable road surface quality. It is certainly designed to cope with these factors better than a 991 GT3.

I also think it is inaccurate to state that UK roads are the "worst in Western Europe". The condition of UK roads varies greatly as it does in every other country. Some roads can be abysmal with potholes, rough asphalt and cracks etc. Others can be much better. I certainly don't think UK roads are the worst in relation to their condition. They are likely average but one cannot be certain without carrying out some actual empirical analysis (rather than making sweeping assertions).

As for stating that the roads in the south of the UK are permanently clogged, this is simply wrong. Leeds is geographically approximately halfway up the UK. There is not traffic 24/7 on UK roads to the south of Leeds.

As for UK car magazines, IMO they are not biased against Porsche or other German marques. However, they can be overly patriotic in relation to some British cars. IMO their comparisons and conclusions should be taken as no more than just subjective judgements that may often reflect little more than the preferences and prejudices of whoever happens to be writing the article in question. I'm not a fan of many UK motor magazines for this reason.

A final word: everyone has the right and freedom to express their opinion here but the weight that others will give to that opinion will be determined by its quality. That quality contributes to the overall quality (or lack thereof) on Rennteam. Rennteam seeks to be informative and, as such, quality matters.

if one reads german and UK car magazines regularly (like i do) then one may reach the conclusion that UK magazines focus much more on what the car feels like for the tester than on number crunching, which i find a lot in german magazines. this seems to correspond to what you say except that we draw different conclusions: there are some UK car journalist whose opinion i trust and whose conclusions interest me more than performance data.

on the quality of UK roads, i stand by what i said: in general the worst in western europe.  certainly there are the most narrow roads which i have ever encountered and - in general - the roads with the worst maintainence. this is my own empirical analysis and it may certainly differ from yours.

also, i find the sheer volume of traffic on UK roads higher than in those countries i know well like italy, austria and germany. of course this is an impression and not a statistical analysis.

here is another one, esthetically much more revealing:::))))

image.jpg

J.Seven:

Beautiful red 991TTS

J.Seven

Smiley it looks drop dead gorgeous in red Smiley The TT(S) is one of the best designs for the 991, IMO.

--

Porsche 911 GT3 - Guards Red 997 MKII Clubsport

Gauss:
    J.Seven:

Beautiful red 991TTS

J.Seven

Smiley it looks drop dead gorgeous in red Smiley The TT(S) is one of the best designs for the 991, IMO.

if you like the design of the TTS....then you really deserve it...::::))))) after all there is no accounting for taste.

andyFE:
    Gauss:
    J.Seven:

Beautiful red 991TTS

J.Seven

if you like the design of the TTS....then you really deserve it...::::))))) after all there is no accounting for taste.

Why be so rude ? this is a Porsche forum and a 991ttS thread, of course the majority will like the design, I love it but I love 911s, have driven them exclusively since 1988 - to me that Ferrari looks just a poseurish POS but I wouldn't go on a Ferrari forum and say that, you like Ferraris, good for you and as you say there is no accounting for taste Smiley

--

3.9  GT2 2011 make over

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690245 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409584 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255896 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235137 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65622 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4651 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858304 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774523 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM