Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S

Herbaliser:

At 200K EUR it actually looks like a better deal then the Turbo S. Let's not forget that it's a Lamborghini - still an exotic brand, not a 200 000 cars per year producer (incl. Macan), mostly diesels. The Huracan will surely be faster then the Turbo S after 200 km/h. I remember reading that the M6 competition package is also faster then it!

As much as I love Porsche, I don't like the idea of paying 200K+ EUR for a car from the same brand that makes the 4 cylinder diesel Macan, soon to be driven by every housewife in the neighbourhood. At the same time the 991 Turbo S is not the undisputed leader in performance as the 997 used to be...

nonsense

sulaiman:

@herbaliser 

if what u r saying is valid then why should any 1 buy an exotic car from the same company that made tractors ??? 

at least you don't see the lambo tractors on the road by the dozens every day, contrary to panameras, cayennes and soon macans....::::))))

so ur only problem with this thing called porsche is that  a lot of ppl  using it ? 

if thats it, then u  have a lot of problems  i can name few 

1 food 

2 water 

3 air 

the list is long 

:)))))))))))))

my new DD car ...Untitled.png im going to opt for  TCCB 

TCCB= tractorCeramic composites 

IMO the Huracan doesn't have to beat the Turbo S in the market place to succeed. Different horses for different courses. Comparing the Lamborghini and the Porsche is an irrelevance.

The real test is if the Huracan can beat the 458 (that defines the segment) in terms of figures and appeal. This is the measure of its success.

--

"Form follows function"

sulaiman:

@herbaliser 

if what u r saying is valid then why should any 1 buy an exotic car from the same company that made tractors ??? 

The agricultural past of Lamborghini is the least concern I'd have about the Huracan. Unless it has significantly more interior space then the Gallardo, it will be useless for someone with my height (1.87m). The potentially harsh suspension and the lack of service center in our country are other problems for me.

It is very probable that I'll end up getting the Turbo S cabriolet in GT Silver and black-red interior :) But it's not going to be with the same desire as it was with the 997TT Cab back in the days...

let me know when u get in the pilot seat of the 991 TTS  then we will see if you will change ur mind  :) 

sulaiman:

let me know when u get in the pilot seat of the 991 TTS  then we will see if you will change ur mind  :) 

Will do very soon...Plus I wouldn't have to change the posters in my office :) 

kiss

sulaiman:

certainly full of road presence.....::::)))

I will say this and probably be fryed here by Porsche fans.

201500€ Huracan German price is very good offer and according to provisional price list that I got you can add some minor options and end with 206K € Huracan or get 203K € 991 Turbo S.

Porsche milking price politics is clear as a sky with 991 Turbo/Turbo S pricing-both cars are overpriced.

Yes, overpriced. New R8 with more ps then 991 Turbo S will be full options actually cheaper then Turbo S.

I still love 991 Turbo S, but that doesn't stop me to say it loud what I think about its price.

its not the same for me  my TTS cost me  143k Euro 

basic 991 TTS will cost  138k Euro 

so i will leave this  discussion  about price comparison  to other guys who deal with EUROS :) 

sulaiman:

its not the same for me  my TTS cost me  143k Euro 

basic 991 TTS will cost  138k Euro 

so i will leave this  discussion  about price comparison  to other guys who deal with EUROS :) 

If your Turbo S was the same price as the new Lamborghini, would you still choose it? Would you be lured by the Lamborghini extravagance and rarity or still choose the stealth power of the Porsche?

--

"Form follows function"

sulaiman:

I think you need a lift kit on that. It would look much better with larger wheels.

100% sure i will go with the TTS porsche 

dont know how to say that in a nice way .. but i will just say it ... i hate cars that look like spaceship 

my taste of cars 

911Smiley

BMW Z8 Smiley

r8 spider only Smiley

SLS AMG Smiley

thats the modern cars that i like ...  classic has a longer list 

KresoF1:

201500€ Huracan German price is very good offer and according to provisional price list that I got you can add some minor options and end with 206K € Huracan or get 203K € 991 Turbo S.

Porsche milking price politics is clear as a sky with 991 Turbo/Turbo S pricing-both cars are overpriced.

Yes, overpriced. New R8 with more ps then 991 Turbo S will be full options actually cheaper then Turbo S.

I still love 991 Turbo S, but that doesn't stop me to say it loud what I think about its price.

Could not agree more. I would still choose the 991TT over the R8 or Huracan, but only because of a matter of personal preference in sportscars, not because its a superior sportscar and deserves to be less bang for buck. So I fully agree with you.

--

Kreso and Carlos, a few questions:

1.  If 991TTS is equal to or even better (or slightly worse) performing than the Huracan, why is it overpriced?  Could you not say the Huracan is overpriced if 991TTS has virtually the same performance for less money?

Seems to me that cars at this extreme level of performance understandably cost about the same...

Wonderbar:

Kreso and Carlos, a few questions:

1.  If 991TTS is equal to or even better (or slightly worse) performing than the Huracan, why is it overpriced?  Could you not say the Huracan is overpriced if 991TTS has virtually the same performance for less money?

Seems to me that cars at this extreme level of performance understandably cost about the same...

In 8 weeks time when the GT3 RS launches with better performance figures than both the TTS and Hurricane, and it costs less, what will be the consensus then?

These 3 cars are all aimed at different customers? Just a thought...

1. I would buy the Lambo if I wanted to look good. 

2. I would buy the Turbo if I wanted a GT cruiser. 

3. I would buy the RS if I wanted the purest driving experience currently available. 

boytronic:

These 3 cars are all aimed at different customers? Just a thought...

1. I would buy the Lambo if I wanted to look good. 

2. I would buy the Turbo if I wanted a GT cruiser. 

3. I would buy the RS if I wanted the purest driving experience currently available. 

Sums it up pretty well Smiley My thought too.

--

2014 981 Boxster S | Riviera Blue | PDK | Sport Suspension (-20mm) | PCCB | PTV | PSE
    2010 997.2 C2S | Carrara White | Manual | S-PASM (-20mm) | PSE | OZ Superforgiata
    2010 Audi S5 cabrio | Ibis White

Previous
    2008 997.1 C4S | Guards Red | Manual | PSE | Bilstein PSS10 | H&R Roll Bars | Dension 500
    2007 997.1 Turbo | Meteor Gray | Manual | Bilstein PSS10 | Cargraphic Stage 2 | Dension 500
    2005 987.1 Boxster S | Arctic Silver | Manual | OZ Ultraleggera | H&R Cup Suspension | H&R Roll Bars | Sachs Racing Clutch | Recaro Shells
    2005 997.1 C2S | Atlas Gray | Manual | PSE | Sport Suspension (-20mm)

andyFE:
    RC:
    andyFE:

the turbo S is 195K euro. VW-Audi charges 6K euro less than for the huracan, taking into account the ....hmmmm ......form factor:::))) but maybe they should charge more as a stealth bonusSmiley 27

You still don't seem to understand who buys a 991 Turbo S. You will never ever see a German business owner drive to his business in a Huracan but you will see many business owners drive a 991 Turbo S to work. I am talking large(r) industry/etc. of course, not small businesses like mine. A Lamborghini would be very inappropriate, this is the "social culture" here, you need to understand this. Porsche knows this and this isn't valid only for Germany.

Just imagine a French factory owner driving to work in a Huracan. Just look at the Goodyear "situation" yesterday and you get a picture about the feelings of many employees working in Europe.

As to the price tag, I'm still not convinced that it is correct. Unless of course Lamborghini plans to offer an entry level version along the way. Over 200k EUR for the entry level Lamborghini? They are courageous. Also keep in mind that the 991 Turbo S actually always costs around 205-210k EUR because every customer adds some options. So it would actually not make a big difference, price-wise. Which of course could be a problem for Porsche, especially looking at the 50 hp power gap and the lighter weight of the Huracan. Still...as far as I heard, the Huracan will not really outrun the Turbo S in real life driving situations. There was a big meeting within the VW Group a couple of months ago where the leadership of VW Group and their companies test-drove all cars in comparison. The Turbo S got the most scores, with one exception: The interior look and feel. Not luxurious/high end enough. This will change with the next generation. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), BMW X3 35d (2013)

the presentation of the huracan at lambo munich is next week wednesday at the starnberger see. you can doublecheck the price with them. i repeat it includes PDK (or whatever lambo calls it), carbon ceramic brakes and maybe (unconfirmed) front lift. 

outrageous price? yes probably. on the other hand it is more or less what the F458 costs and you get a very special car for it. i find the price of the turbo S much more outrageous. 

201.500 including PDK and inclucing CCM brakes (this is a first for the small Lamborghini!) is very competitive IMO. At this price it costs basically the same as the 458 Italia. Newer car, V10, more power, AWD, great design, I think Lamborghini has a winner here. Smiley

Doesn't surprise me that the Huracan is said to be sold out this year. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

KresoF1:

Very well said, Kreso, perfect summary, I absolutely agree with you. 

Huracan seems to be a very good offer, this car will be a massive success for Lamborghini. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Huracan is very attractive

991 tts is too overpriced. 

I will go with huracan , guys

sorry

IMO, the Huracan is surely an interesting proposition BUT...I wouldn't see myself doing 30,000km per year in one or driving it to the supermarket, parking it on the road in random cities across Europe....etc...etc.

In the Turbo I would do all these things and in fact plan on doing so (as I did with my previous 911s). The beauty of the 911 Turbo is that you can use it like a normal car.

I have tried to use a Ferrari 599 daily (70,000km in 3 years) and I wouldn't use such a car in that way again. Too much stress.

I like the Turbo's relative understatement.

It is not hard to see the Huracan's appeal, but for me the Turbo pushes all the right buttons and the Huracan is a bit too much of a "toy car" for my personal tastes.

Ultimately, I think it boils down to a matter of taste and on how one plans to use the car.

The 911 Turbo concept always had its followers and always will. I happen to be one of them.

Quote from Autoweek is apt here:  "True to Lamborghini tradition, the Huracan flaunts a highly extravagant appearance…"

Each to his own.  The 991TTS styling is still too "991 with add-ons" to be perfect to me, but Huracan is too "highly extravagant" as described above.  

And these cars really don't compete with each other for the same clientele.  It's a matter of personal taste and functionality...

Guess the GT3 RS will debut in Geneva in March...

andyFE:
    sulaiman:

@herbaliser 

at least you don't see the lambo tractors on the road by the dozens every day, contrary to panameras, cayennes and soon macans....::::))))

I see more Fiats on the road every day than Porsches Smiley Smiley (Couldn't resist... Sorry Smiley)

On a more serious note... I think comparing the Huracán or the 458 with the 991 TTS is not even relevant... Completely different animals, all with their own appeal. The Italians are very good cars and are nice on a poster. The Porsche is, besides that, also nice to drive on a daily base. (Just my own opinion and taste of course... Don't want to offend anyone and yes... i know you can also drive a 458 on a daily base, but I personally wouldn't even think about it).

--

Suzy

2013 Porsche Boxster S (MT) | Basaltblack metallic
    2012 Audi SQ5 TDI | Lavagrey metallic

SuzyF:
    andyFE:
    sulaiman:

@herbaliser 

I see more Fiats on the road every day than Porsches Smiley Smiley (Couldn't resist... Sorry Smiley)

On a more serious note... I think comparing the Huracán or the 458 with the 991 TTS is not even relevant... Completely different animals, all with their own appeal. The Italians are very good cars and are nice on a poster. The Porsche is, besides that, also nice to drive on a daily base. (Just my own opinion and taste of course... Don't want to offend anyone and yes... i know you can also drive a 458 on a daily base, but I personally wouldn't even think about it).

i just don't get the notion that the uglier the better DD.Smiley 22

FlatSix911:

IMO, the Huracan is surely an interesting proposition BUT...I wouldn't see myself doing 30,000km per year in one or driving it to the supermarket, parking it on the road in random cities across Europe....etc...etc.

In the Turbo I would do all these things and in fact plan on doing so (as I did with my previous 911s). The beauty of the 911 Turbo is that you can use it like a normal car.

I have tried to use a Ferrari 599 daily (70,000km in 3 years) and I wouldn't use such a car in that way again. Too much stress.

I like the Turbo's relative understatement.

It is not hard to see the Huracan's appeal, but for me the Turbo pushes all the right buttons and the Huracan is a bit too much of a "toy car" for my personal tastes.

Ultimately, I think it boils down to a matter of taste and on how one plans to use the car.

The 911 Turbo concept always had its followers and always will. I happen to be one of them.

You are 100% right!

Just picked it up tonight!  I'm trying very hard to break it in properly, but it is very hard to resist the temptation!  I'm trying though.  Just a couple of quick pics at the dealership with my phone.  GT Silver w/ 20" Sport Classic Rims in Black.1389244609064photo 1.JPG1389244620293photo 2.JPG1389244632228photo 3.JPG

Could you please post more closeup pictures of the wheels in natural light?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689257 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409060 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255682 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234933 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65489 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857866 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773861 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM