Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Gallardo replacement soon to be revealed

Why doesn't lambo have an online configurator for any of their models? 

Enmanuel:

Gallardo configurator was there before they revealed the Huracan

http://lambocars.com/configurator/

BiTurbo:
    Enmanuel:

Lamborghini doesn't have an official configurator... This is nothing official.

--

Suzy

2013 Porsche Boxster S (MT) | Basaltblack metallic
    2012 Audi SQ5 TDI | Lavagrey metallic

The dash of the Huracan resembles (to me at least) the 1982 Citroen CX dash.  I wonder who came up with the Huracan dash and its nintendo graphics. The car is very cool though.

tumblr_lzrogkEuW91roi5yvo1_1280.jpg

--

911 Club Coupe, 993 4S Riviera Blau, 12' Audi S4 Avant

SuzyF:
    BiTurbo:
    Enmanuel:

Lamborghini doesn't have an official configurator... This is nothing official.

They did have an official configurator for the Gallardo only. That's why I posted the one from lambocars.

Didn't know that... yes Never saw one on the EU Lambo site... (Or maybe I didn't notice it indecision)

--

Suzy

Thanks BiTurbo. 

I'm a bit of a sucker for online configurators. 

Enmanuel:

Thanks BiTurbo. 

Me too! Smiley

I don't want to know how much time I've spent, mainly on the Porsche configurator in the past year...Smiley And still do...Smiley

--

Suzy

SuzyF:
    Enmanuel:

Thanks BiTurbo. 

Me too! Smiley

I don't want to know how much time I've spent, mainly on the Porsche configurator in the past year...Smiley And still do...Smiley

Oh no, trust me I've got you beat on configurator time. I think I'm getting to a pathological level between the Porsche and Ferrari ones. 

Enmanuel:
    SuzyF:
    Enmanuel:

Thanks BiTurbo. 

Me too! Smiley

Oh no, trust me I've got you beat on configurator time. I think I'm getting to a pathological level between the Porsche and Ferrari ones. 

LOL Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

MKW:

a 200k R8 or Huracan looks like a 300k exotic to the masses, vs a 200k Turbo S which looks like a 100k car, of which there are zillions now, sporty or otherwise, and which one is bought may also depend on ones identity as an extrovert or introvert

This is actually one reason the 911 Turbo/S is that successful. Many customers prefer a more stealth look but I'm not so sure the new Turbo/S is really that stealth. I was in Starnberg yesterday to visit a friend and I parked the car in front of his house near the lake. When we got out to take a look (he never saw one up close), there were a couple of people already around it, looking through the window (I hate greasy hand and finger imprints on the windows... Smiley). When I approached the car, they wanted to look inside, one guy asked me to start the engine and five minutes later, I had two cars stopping on the private(!) parking lot in front of the house, just to look at the car. It was kind of pathetic and pretty unusual for Bavaria. Then, I drove away and stopped in Herrsching for a pizza. When I got back to the car, there was a 991 Carrera standing next to my car and the guy and his wife or girl friend were pressing their hands against my windows. Maybe I should put a sign which reads: "You smear, you clean". Smiley When I drove home, I noticed that someone also put his hands on the windshield and the sun was shining bright (and low), so it was very annoying. I had to stop at a fuel station to clean everything.

I guess things like that will happen less often once the 991 Turbo/S makes it to the streets more often. Right now, the car is still pretty seldom. I personally know three guys who got one from my dealer but only one of them actually registered the car, the other two are waiting for January 2nd to register the car for tax reasons (or whatever).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), BMW X3 35d (2013)

It isn't the TTS per se attracting the attention but the red interior upholstery! kiss

--

997.1 C2S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

easy_rider911:

It isn't the TTS per se attracting the attention but the red interior upholstery! kiss

It certainly is a part of it but people usually stop next to the car (with me one or two cars in front of me and they have none) or follow me and take photos. At some point, taking photos was very annoying because that young woman in front of me had her flash on and it really p.ss.d me off. I also don't like it when they take pictures and I have a kid in the car. You never know where these pictures show up on the internet. My license plate wouldn't be a real problem since the car is registered to a completely different address than my home address. Smiley

In London, sports cars may not attract much attention but over here in our region, they are quite special. This is why I always had issues with my cars, even if they aren't exotics. Smiley Also keep in mind that Starnberg, where I was, is a region with very wealthy people in Bavaria and they are used to expensive cars. Still...the Turbo S is just too new to look away. I will probably be different in a year or so.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Enmanuel:
    SuzyF:
    Enmanuel:

Thanks BiTurbo. 

Me too! Smiley

For all you configurator addicts, try this one:

http://www.lambocars.com/configurator/

Smiley

--

Rossi:
    Enmanuel:
    SuzyF:
    Enmanuel:

Thanks BiTurbo. 

Me too! Smiley

For all you configurator addicts, try this one:

http://www.lambocars.com/configurator/

Smiley

Thanks Rossi, BiTurbo mentioned it a few posts ago and I've been playing with it non stop for a few days Smiley

Screen Shot 2013-12-31 at 7.23.38 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-12-31 at 7.20.38 PM.png

Man, the Aventador is such a better design. It's too bad they couldn't just shrink the Aventador into Gallardo size.

noone1:

Man, the Aventador is such a better design. It's too bad they couldn't just shrink the Aventador into Gallardo size.

Unless one can shrink the driver and passenger, a shrunken version of the Aventador is not feasible.  

Well, they could probably start by making it 5in narrower and 6in shorter wheelbase.

It's just the lines and details of the car that are much better.

That wouldn't make sense form a business point of view. if you make the cheaper model look exactly like the expensive one sales for the flagship will decrease and you'll be left with a bad economic model . making the Huracan slightly less impressive ensures the sales success of it's more expensed big brother. 

Didn't say it made business sense, just saying it's a shame it didn't happen. Gallardo is a better platform, Aventador is a better design. Ideally they'd be one and the same.

Enmanuel:

That wouldn't make sense form a business point of view. if you make the cheaper model look exactly like the expensive one sales for the flagship will decrease and you'll be left with a bad economic model . making the Huracan slightly less impressive ensures the sales success of it's more expensed big brother. 

Yes it would.

You think it wouldn't, but it's actually a business model. 

The Mercedes C-class has always been a miniature S-class. Just take a look at the new C and compare it to the new S. your neighbor's wife would not be able to tell them apart from photos. Yet the C will not affect sales of the S, not even a bit. Actually they encourage each other's sales numbers. 

It's actually a business strategy that works, otherwise Mercedes would have gone bankrupt a long time ago.

shin:
    Enmanuel:

Yes it would.

You think it wouldn't, but it's actually a business model. 

The Mercedes C-class has always been a miniature S-class. Just take a look at the new C and compare it to the new S. your neighbor's wife would not be able to tell them apart from photos. Yet the C will not affect sales of the S, not even a bit. Actually they encourage each other's sales numbers. 

It's actually a business strategy that works, otherwise Mercedes would have gone bankrupt a long time ago.

Yes but the C and the S are so far appart in both price and use that it doesn´t matter. When it comes to (let´s face it) toys instead of a car that you buy por a purpose then things are different. This is just my view on it, I may be wrong. 

noone1:

Interesting, I used Enma's examples to conclude exactly the opposite.  IMO the new huracan is improved without the larger model's origami creases, and the use of multiple sloping panels in the rear 3/4 panels is beautifully done.   Can't wait to see a real one; 2D images usually under-sell these complex designs.  

--

2011 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2009 Porsche 911S

Different strokes for different folks. I guess what I mean to say is that the Aventador's design is so much better because it's so much fresher. The Gallardo was a great design, but it was around for 10 years. 10 recent years. I just can't get excited about seeing anything Gallardo-like anymore. It's not old enough to feel nostalgic about, nor is it rare enough grab your attention. I saw them everywhere for the last decade -- on the road, in the magazine, in the videos. It's just too recent for it to be anything but stale, and as such, the Huracan just doesn't excite me.

IMO the Gallardo was one of the best supercar designs ever made. Striking without being crazy.  Exotic, well proportioned,compact and logical at the same time. For me only the Carrera GT surpasses it in terms of design.

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:

IMO the Gallardo was one of the best supercar designs ever made. 

I agree. 

Enmanuel:

Screen Shot 2013-12-31 at 7.23.38 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-12-31 at 7.20.38 PM.png

Ignoring the bigger side inlet vent of the Aventador, these 2 cars are very similar in profile. The overall silhouette is the same, the cockpit glass shape is the same, the taper treatment of the rear is the same. The front treatment is almost the same too.

Aventador has a bigger side inlet simply due to the bigger engine needs more air. 

--

Whoopsy:
    Enmanuel:

Ignoring the bigger side inlet vent of the Aventador, these 2 cars are very similar in profile. The overall silhouette is the same, the cockpit glass shape is the same, the taper treatment of the rear is the same. The front treatment is almost the same too.

Aventador has a bigger side inlet simply due to the bigger engine needs more air. 

The large side inlets on the Aventador are to allow airflow to the side mounted radiators that flank the engine.  The smaller Lamborghini has front mounted radiators. 

The Huracan has better side profile than the Aventador. 

If only Huracan had gull wing doors.

Some more details of the Huracan:

• official number from 0 to 200 is 9.9 sec
    • at 1.000/min there will be already 75% of the maximum torque available
    • new AWD system can channel up to 100% of the power to the rear axle only and vice versa not more than 50% to the front

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    760846 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    434459 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260058 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257188 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80773 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5311 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

871365 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    806580 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM