Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Spotted my first LaFerrari

Everything within 2.5 feet of the front wheel looks awkward to me. The front is fine and the side (at right angle) is fine, but looking at the front corners around the wheels from anything other than 90 degree angles just don't look right.

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

Futch

Have you ever considered the P1 as a choise ?

Cheers

Kimi:
    Am I the only one who picked the essential out of Futch's post: GT1? That needs a separate thread in itself.

SmileySmileySmiley

The JEVER-Car, the Champion-Car or one of the works-cars???? Smiley

BlueflameSmiley

blueflame:
    Kimi:
    Am I the only one who picked the essential out of Futch's post: GT1? That needs a separate thread in itself.

SmileySmileySmiley

BlueflameSmiley

Car 25 Le Mans 1997 works car. 

1387842033625image.jpg

RC:
    Whoopsy:
    Kimi:

We are numbed already by his collection  Especially when he has the king of all sports cars, McLaren F1!!Smiley

He offered that I could actually drive some of his babies (I hope he didn't forget Smiley) but can you believe it? I am dumb enough not to take him by his offer. Smiley SmileySmileySmiley Time is money for me, I wish I had more time (and money) to just hop in a plane and do what I want. Family comes first though.

Futch's collection is amazing and he really loves cars. Kudos to him. Smiley

Anytime Christian!Smiley

JEANTET:

Please tell us more about your discussion with bartolini concerning the fantastic performance of this stunnig car!

He told me it's so fast you cannot find a straight long enough to put full throttle which actually is a concern. He also told about his laps with Alonso they're on YouTube. About how it was meant to be a shakedown and they just lost it, he promised it was no bs and the vid is 100% genuine. I believe him and it's pretty funny actually. 

Also some other funny stories about the car's genesis to be quite electrifying. Can't really go into details but funny stories. Andrea really is a top guy.

pgouveia:

Futch

Have you ever considered the P1 as a choise ?

Cheers

No. For me it's too similar to the laf in concept. Whereas the 918 complements it for example. And of the two, I really prefer the laf over the P1. The numbers are impressive but the laf is lighter and more powerful. 

Futch:
    blueflame:
    Kimi:

SmileySmileySmiley

BlueflameSmiley

1387842033625image.jpg

The Stuck/Wollek car !!!!  Perfect SmileySmileySmileySmileySmiley

We need a group-picture of your Porsche-collection. Smiley

BlueflameSmiley

PS Sorry for OT

Futch, soooo happy you went from black to red with a black top. Black just hides the lines and when I saw the above pictures my reaction was it just another Ferrari. With your new color scheme, it will be immediately recognized as a "special" Ferrari and all other super cars will disappear next to it.

FWIW, I believe the 918 is an amazing car and if Porsche should reduce production, it certainly a car that should be in your garage. There is no other road car like it. If Porsche maintains their production goal, I suspect there will be several on the market at a reduced price. However, in the long run I believe the 918 will hold its value.

IF I were to have a LaFerrari, I would probably choose that red with the black top. Pretty much standard Ferrari colour but Ferrari do looked best in that.

One thing I would probably changed is to have the boat anchor painted black to match the surrounding, to make it less noticeable. 

--

Futch:
    JEANTET:

Please tell us more about your discussion with bartolini concerning the fantastic performance of this stunnig car!

He told me it's so fast you cannot find a straight long enough to put full throttle which actually is a concern. He also told about his laps with Alonso they're on YouTube. About how it was meant to be a shakedown and they just lost it, he promised it was no bs and the vid is 100% genuine. I believe him and it's pretty funny actually. 

Also some other funny stories about the car's genesis to be quite electrifying. Can't really go into details but funny stories. Andrea really is a top guy.

Thanks ! I'm sure you will enjoy this fantastic hypercar,your combo choice Is very nice but i definitely prefer a full red car..

After Futch' s comment about the LFA I looked at the second hand price market :

cheapest is Euro : 440 K and the most expenses is 1'055 K  , with a few in the 790K range !!!!!!!!! angry angelangel

That was a good investment for the one's who bought a year or two ago .

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Whoopsy:

IF I were to have a LaFerrari, I would probably choose that red with the black top. Pretty much standard Ferrari colour but Ferrari do looked best in that.

One thing I would probably changed is to have the boat anchor painted black to match the surrounding, to make it less noticeable. 

Absolutely agree. 

Porsche struggled to gain production plans for Carrera GT, same thing is happening with 918. Funny thing is, from nowadays perspective Carrera GT turns out as one of best super-cars ever produced in automotive history. Now I wonder, are we going to conclude same thing for 918 in next decade smiley

--

My new blog with automotive & motorcycle renders: tessoart.blogspot.com

Gnil:

cheapest is Euro : 440 K and the most expenses is 1'055 K  , with a few in the 790K range !!!!!!!!! angry angelangel

Doubtful. Here's one you can buy in the US for $340K at the most.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lexus-Other-Base-Coupe-2-Door-2012-lexus-lfa-wht-red-1-owner-171-clean-serviced-/151185689092?pt=...

I highly doubt the LFA is selling at those prices in Europe.

Look at this link.

http://fahrzeuge.autoscout24.de/?atype=C&mmvmk0=43&mmvmd0=20192&mmvco=1&make=43&model=20192&pricefrom=10...

I looked all over continental  Europe. There are hardly any for sale . None in France or Switzerland . One in Belgium . And these in Germany .   Now they may not be sold at that price at the end , but these are the asking prices .

And your link can not be viewed outside of the US…… very strange !!!!

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

noone1:
    Gnil:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lexus-Other-Base-Coupe-2-Door-2012-lexus-lfa-wht-red-1-owner-171-clean-serviced-/151185689092?pt=...

The lfa somehow only sold well in Japan and the us. There's only a handful in Europe and the prices on mobile.de are odd. 

I wouldn't recommend buying one as an investment but as the best modern sports car, yes for sure. I own several modern cars and the lfa is definitely up there with the best if not THE best. It's that good. Then there's the issues with the badge, the looks etc. but from a driving point of view it's exceptional. 

Value wise, I think the nurburgring package are the ones to go for. Only 50 worldwide, they won't come down. One on auction just did over $500 + in the us. 

Futch:

My first choice was black but I just configured my car and it will be red with black roof. Very similar to Geneva's show car. Interior leather and alcantara black and red. Front lifter, sat nav and audio, all of which are free options. 

Delivery at maranello in April/ may, just in time for sunny days and a drive back through the alps. Should be pretty epic. 

Will post a few pics. Smiley

Awesome SmileySmiley

--

ONUR

THE BEST CAR EVER smiley

11 E92 M3 CP - 09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

Futch:
    BjoernB:

Maybe when you cross the Alps you let us swiss rennteamers know so we can meet and greet kiss

That would be nice. Same for Gnil. The stop will be close to La Clusaz which isn't far from Geneva.

Pick up at Maranello with a shakedown on the Fiorano track if all goes according to plan. So much for the break in procedure. Then drive to Nice and do the route Napolean to Alps. And then Paris. A three day trip which should be the perfect intro to this very special car.

Sounds great. If you wanna have me there too, just drop me a PM. I may join you guys for an hour if the weather permits. Would love to meet you guys. Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Futch:
    noone1:
    Gnil:

The lfa somehow only sold well in Japan and the us. There's only a handful in Europe and the prices on mobile.de are odd. 

I wouldn't recommend buying one as an investment but as the best modern sports car, yes for sure. I own several modern cars and the lfa is definitely up there with the best if not THE best. It's that good. Then there's the issues with the badge, the looks etc. but from a driving point of view it's exceptional. 

Value wise, I think the nurburgring package are the ones to go for. Only 50 worldwide, they won't come down. One on auction just did over $500 + in the us. 

I just couldn't get over the look and the straight line performance for the price. At $200K I was interested, but definitely not $400K.

Why can't these Japanese companies come up with equally worthy exteriors? GTR and LFA are amazingly well designed car, but just not pretty enough.

Futch:

1387842033625image.jpg

That´s truly awesome. Would love to hear more about that in a separate thread. In which state do you acquire these cars? Are they basically race-ready or have sit for a prolonged time? I guess you have to sort out some bits as on every used car?

According to www.infomotori.it a German car dealer is selling a LaFerrari with 200km for 2.38M Euros vs its official 1.3M price. Wonder if Ferrari is happy about this?

Anyway, not a bad investment.

mp:

According to www.infomotori.it a German car dealer is selling a LaFerrari with 200km for 2.38M Euros vs its official 1.3M price. Wonder if Ferrari is happy about this?

Not a bad investment if someone actually pays this price. Smiley For this kind of money, I would rather get a 918, a F12, a 458 Speciale and there would still be some money left to make my wife very very happy too. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), BMW X3 35d (2013)

RC:
    mp:

Not a bad investment if someone actually pays this price. Smiley For this kind of money, I would rather get a 918, a F12, a 458 Speciale and there would still be some money left to make my wife very very happy too. Smiley

Exactly my thoughts Smiley

--

ONUR

THE BEST CAR EVER smiley

11 E92 M3 CP - 09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

Well, he might be asking 2.38M, it isn't said he's going to get it... 

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

I am sure a "frustrated" owner who didn't got a slot for LF will fork out any amount to get it - I mean there are people paying over 3 Million for a "extremo" open Top Lambo yes

BjoernB:

I am sure a "frustrated" owner who didn't got a slot for LF will fork out any amount to get it - I mean there are people paying over 3 Million for a "extremo" open Top Lambo yes

Yep, it will probably find a home in Dubai. Smiley

RC:
    mp:

What?? You'd take "two" Ferraris and "one"  Porsche. Are you having a bad day?Smiley 1

mp:
    RC:
    mp:

What?? You'd take "two" Ferraris and "one"  Porsche. Are you having a bad day?Smiley 1

Actually he´s having a lucidity moment Smiley

J.Seven

Futch:

Gnil:

Futch , have you reconsidered the 918 now that we have the final specs and the first driving reports ? 

With the LaFerrari , I understand that you secure some sort of investment  ( at least you will not loose ) , but the 918 sets a new benchmark in technology and it is the first super car ''of the future'' , bringing real hybrid to high end sports car and demonstrating that even with more weight and hybrid it is fantastic to drive .

The 918 is really amazing, to achieve these performance figures with that weight, not many other car company could have done it. I don't discard buying one but I wanna see how they move first, my opinion is that, somehow, for whatever reason, the supercar buyers are not warming up to this car. I think it's down to a few reasons, firstly, I think Porsche showed it around too much, so even though it is beautiful, there is no mystique around it like there could be for a Laf, P1 or Pagani, I think... Secondly, it's a Porsche, it's the same brand that just announced 50000 Macan per year and sells more Cayenne than any other models put together, it's good for the balance sheet, it's not so good for the supercar image.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Porsche guy, I own over 25 of them, the latest one I bought is the mighty GT1 (race car version) but for me, Porsche is making the same mistake than the 959, the 918 is sports car of the future, but buyers are not ready for it I think, and then there's the question of the price and numbers (at least, with the 959, they made only 250 or so). 

They're making too many 918, just like they made too many Carrera GT and it's too expensive, almost 900k euros for a Porsche is silly. People who want the purest experience and exclusivity will buy a Laf or a P1 or a Huayra and people who want a hybrid sports car will buy a BMW i8.

I'm close to Porsche (I am racing with them next year in the WEC and ELMS) and they know how I feel about the 918. I have been invited to try drive the car and maybe this will change my mind. Maybe I would buy the car as a technology tour de force and a show case of the know how of the company, not as an emotional supercar purchase.

I will certainly post my driving impressions once tested, but whatever my thoughts, I will wait and see how the market reacts. At present they are struggling to sell them and this is not good news. The worst that could happen is late clients being delivered while the first ones are already on the 2nd market with a discount. That's what happened wit the Carrera GT and they decided to halt production well shy of their 1500 cars target.

At this level of price, for me, there is too much uncertainty about its future value. Maybe in a few years as second hand, we'll see. I'm certainly in no hurry. I have the luck of owning other cars (honestly Gnil, I would have never believed it, but I am haing so much fun with the LFA, this car is the most underrated car ever made, it's THAT good, I'm not kidding!!!) but so do most supercars owners and I am sure they went through the same thought process, otherwise the car would be sold out.

The LaFerrari, I think you're right, I don't know if they will go up, but I am also almost certain they will not go down. They are all sold out and rumors are that there were more demand than offer, so this can only be a good sign. Plus Ferrari is playing beauty queen a bit with this car, it's the opposite marketing strategy to Porsche, no testdrive, no pressday, nothing. This is a car for the best 499 clients and that's it. Like it or not, it seems to be working. Interesting fact, Ferrari is working on a full electric mode because a lot of clients have requested it, mostly for leaving their home in quiet mode or for city centers. It wasn't originally planned but it's technically possible and they're working on it. The option will be retrofittable and alow the Laf to drive a few km in electric mode only. It's pretty cool and definitely useful.

Well put Futch, exactly my feelings...

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689871 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409397 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255814 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235051 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65570 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4650 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858149 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774247 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM