Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Spotted my first LaFerrari

The car looks really astonishing up close. I wasn't a fan when I saw the first pictures but after having seen it in the flesh I am very impressed by the design! 

Photos have been taken with my iphone.

LaFerrari at Saint-Tropez, enjoy:

image.jpg1387716085385image.jpg

1387716085465image.jpg1387716085439image.jpg1387716085452image.jpg

--

Porsche 911 GT3 - Guards Red 997 MKII Clubsport

Re: Spotted my first LaFerrari

Black imho is the best color for this car. It hides all the controversial details and make rear arches more muscular.
    --

sportcars-history.com

Damn that looks a lot better in black!! angel

It's certainly not a classical beauty but it does really stand out!

Gosh it looks great in black, is this already a clients car?

J.Seven

Looks better in black but I still prefer the 918 . In what color did Futch order ?  ( just saying  )

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Maybe it is Futch's car. He ordered it in black. indecision

--

Although they have sold every single unit, design wise this one doesn't look spectacular IMO.  My vote is 918 hands down.

--
    Happy Driving

Ron (Houston):

Although they have sold every single unit, design wise this one doesn't look spectacular IMO.  My vote is 918 hands down.

Agreed!

kudryavchik:
    Black imho is the best color for this car. It hides all the controversial details and make rear arches more muscular.

Actually it looks much better in Rosso Corsa, where you can admire all the lines. 

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

It's certainly not a clean crisp design. The whole front, lines and curves.. it looks too aggressive or kit car to me.

--

1991 BMW 535i Granitsilber/White Leather

Ex: '91 BMW 318i, '89 BMW 525i, '74 Mercedes-Benz 280E, '87 BMW 325is, '86 BMW 325e, '05 Ford Focus ZX4 S, '85.5 Porsche 944

My first choice was black but I just configured my car and it will be red with black roof. Very similar to Geneva's show car. Interior leather and alcantara black and red. Front lifter, sat nav and audio, all of which are free options. 

Delivery at maranello in April/ may, just in time for sunny days and a drive back through the alps. Should be pretty epic. 

Will post a few pics. Smiley

Futch:

My first choice was black but I just configured my car and it will be red with black roof. Very similar to Geneva's show car. Interior leather and alcantara black and red. Front lifter, sat nav and audio, all of which are free options. 

Delivery at maranello in April/ may, just in time for sunny days and a drive back through the alps. Should be pretty epic. 

Like this one?

laferrari-10.jpg

--

It looks strange in this angle... I will take the F40 any day of the week! 

--

Ex: '91 BMW 318i, '89 BMW 525i, '74 Mercedes-Benz 280E, '87 BMW 325is, '86 BMW 325e, '05 Ford Focus ZX4 S, '85.5 Porsche 944

Whoopsy:
    Futch:

Like this one?

laferrari-10.jpg

Exactly like this one!

Atzporsche:

It looks strange in this angle... I will take the F40 any day of the week! 

It's a very organic shape. First time I saw it, I thought it had huge presence but wasn't sure. It has certainly grown on me. For me it joins the 288 and F40 (which I own) as an all time great Ferrari, I don't like the F50 and Enzo but looks are personal. Performances aren't. I had a long chat about this car with Andrea Bertolini who helped develop it and he can hardly believe how fast it is, I'm really excited. 

I really intend on driving it as much as I can, which is why I added the front lifter even though it's a whopping 10 kgs!!!

Satnav and audio is also 5 kgs, but worth it of long journeys. with these extra 15 kgs, the car is still "only" 1380 kgs kerb (on paper).

Would I have preferred it without the 150 kgs or so of the hybrid system? Yes of course but this is the 21st century and brands have to adapt and deliver the right message. I'm curious to see how it drives though. I think this will be a very nice car to drive to the 24h of Le Mans next year!Smiley

Of course I will reserve my final opinions when I see one in real life... which won't take too long in Vancouver! We have 'em all ;) (with N on the back) 

--

Futch , have you reconsidered the 918 now that we have the final specs and the first driving reports ? 

With the LaFerrari , I understand that you secure some sort of investment  ( at least you will not loose ) , but the 918 sets a new benchmark in technology and it is the first super car ''of the future'' , bringing real hybrid to high end sports car and demonstrating that even with more weight and hybrid it is fantastic to drive .

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

WOW... those shots are giving a better perspective as all the professionals I have seen so far. Car looks amazing!

@Futch.... this is so great having a "real owner" perspective here. Having both super car owners (918/La Ferrari) in this group is so exciting. Cant wait for the real life pictures and comments of you guys!

Gnil:

Futch , have you reconsidered the 918 now that we have the final specs and the first driving reports ? 

With the LaFerrari , I understand that you secure some sort of investment  ( at least you will not loose ) , but the 918 sets a new benchmark in technology and it is the first super car ''of the future'' , bringing real hybrid to high end sports car and demonstrating that even with more weight and hybrid it is fantastic to drive .

The 918 is really amazing, to achieve these performance figures with that weight, not many other car company could have done it. I don't discard buying one but I wanna see how they move first, my opinion is that, somehow, for whatever reason, the supercar buyers are not warming up to this car. I think it's down to a few reasons, firstly, I think Porsche showed it around too much, so even though it is beautiful, there is no mystique around it like there could be for a Laf, P1 or Pagani, I think... Secondly, it's a Porsche, it's the same brand that just announced 50000 Macan per year and sells more Cayenne than any other models put together, it's good for the balance sheet, it's not so good for the supercar image.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Porsche guy, I own over 25 of them, the latest one I bought is the mighty GT1 (race car version) but for me, Porsche is making the same mistake than the 959, the 918 is sports car of the future, but buyers are not ready for it I think, and then there's the question of the price and numbers (at least, with the 959, they made only 250 or so). 

They're making too many 918, just like they made too many Carrera GT and it's too expensive, almost 900k euros for a Porsche is silly. People who want the purest experience and exclusivity will buy a Laf or a P1 or a Huayra and people who want a hybrid sports car will buy a BMW i8.

I'm close to Porsche (I am racing with them next year in the WEC and ELMS) and they know how I feel about the 918. I have been invited to try drive the car and maybe this will change my mind. Maybe I would buy the car as a technology tour de force and a show case of the know how of the company, not as an emotional supercar purchase.

I will certainly post my driving impressions once tested, but whatever my thoughts, I will wait and see how the market reacts. At present they are struggling to sell them and this is not good news. The worst that could happen is late clients being delivered while the first ones are already on the 2nd market with a discount. That's what happened wit the Carrera GT and they decided to halt production well shy of their 1500 cars target.

At this level of price, for me, there is too much uncertainty about its future value. Maybe in a few years as second hand, we'll see. I'm certainly in no hurry. I have the luck of owning other cars (honestly Gnil, I would have never believed it, but I am haing so much fun with the LFA, this car is the most underrated car ever made, it's THAT good, I'm not kidding!!!) but so do most supercars owners and I am sure they went through the same thought process, otherwise the car would be sold out.

The LaFerrari, I think you're right, I don't know if they will go up, but I am also almost certain they will not go down. They are all sold out and rumors are that there were more demand than offer, so this can only be a good sign. Plus Ferrari is playing beauty queen a bit with this car, it's the opposite marketing strategy to Porsche, no testdrive, no pressday, nothing. This is a car for the best 499 clients and that's it. Like it or not, it seems to be working. Interesting fact, Ferrari is working on a full electric mode because a lot of clients have requested it, mostly for leaving their home in quiet mode or for city centers. It wasn't originally planned but it's technically possible and they're working on it. The option will be retrofittable and alow the Laf to drive a few km in electric mode only. It's pretty cool and definitely useful.

Styling wise, it looks very imposing (in a race car sense) but not beautiful at all. Still better than the toy like P1 but nowhere near the timelessness of the Porsche 918 Spyder.

Of course, people who could afford the huge price tag and ordered will laugh at my comment. indecision

--

"Form follows function"

Maybe when you cross the Alps you let us swiss rennteamers know so we can meet and greet kiss

I must say I'm not keen on the styling of the LaFerrari. The impressive element is that somehow it remains unmistakably a Ferrari ... and it's that element that helps give this car a presence.

I think the 918 Spyder is the most beautiful supercar on sale right now. The lack of demand must be because it's from a marque that isn't exclusive enough and because Porsche doesn't make buyers feel it is difficult to secure one. If you pay, you get one doesn't excite or titillate purchasers. 

But the proof of the pudding is in the drive. I suspect potential buyers may feel excited once they drive the 918 Spyder and realise how good it is. It's not often one sees a reaction like that on Chris Harris's face for example.

--

997.1 C2S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

BjoernB:

Maybe when you cross the Alps you let us swiss rennteamers know so we can meet and greet kiss

That would be nice. Same for Gnil. The stop will be close to La Clusaz which isn't far from Geneva.

Pick up at Maranello with a shakedown on the Fiorano track if all goes according to plan. So much for the break in procedure. Then drive to Nice and do the route Napolean to Alps. And then Paris. A three day trip which should be the perfect intro to this very special car.

Am I the only one who picked the essential out of Futch's post: GT1? That needs a separate thread in itself.

Please tell us more about your discussion with bartolini concerning the fantastic performance of this stunnig car!

Kimi:
    Am I the only one who picked the essential out of Futch's post: GT1? That needs a separate thread in itself.

We are numbed already by his collection  Especially when he has the king of all sports cars, McLaren F1!!Smiley

--

Whoopsy:
    Kimi:

We are numbed already by his collection  Especially when he has the king of all sports cars, McLaren F1!!Smiley

He offered that I could actually drive some of his babies (I hope he didn't forget Smiley) but can you believe it? I am dumb enough not to take him by his offer. Smiley SmileySmileySmiley Time is money for me, I wish I had more time (and money) to just hop in a plane and do what I want. Family comes first though.

Futch's collection is amazing and he really loves cars. Kudos to him. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), BMW X3 35d (2013)

easy_rider911:

I must say I'm not keen on the styling of the LaFerrari. The impressive element is that somehow it remains unmistakably a Ferrari ... and it's that element that helps give this car a presence.

I think the 918 Spyder is the most beautiful supercar on sale right now. The lack of demand must be because it's from a marque that isn't exclusive enough and because Porsche doesn't make buyers feel it is difficult to secure one. If you pay, you get one doesn't excite or titillate purchasers. 

But the proof of the pudding is in the drive. I suspect potential buyers may feel excited once they drive the 918 Spyder and realise how good it is. It's not often one sees a reaction like that on Chris Harris's face for example.

Special Ferraris have always been a very good investment. Therefore, most buyers view this as a priority. Furthermore, I suspect that very few LaFerrari will cover much more than delivery mileage (so as not spoil the "investment") and as a result the driving experience will be secondary to the capital gain potential.

Porsche said that they will produce 918 Spyders as 2014MY, but I believe they could extent their production schedule until all are eventually sold.

--

"Form follows function"

BjoernB:

That would be a great meeting !

Futch , I understand your view on the 918  and also recall how badly you were treated with the Cayenne . That for sure leaves a bitter taste .  Probably buying on later on could be a good deal . But, I am looking forward to your impressions  once you will have driven it . And I hope you can compare LF with the 918. That would be such a treat to read first hand impressions by a member on both these cars Smiley

As to the LFA, you  are making that car look more and more interesting !

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Futch:

That would be nice. Same for Gnil. The stop will be close to La Clusaz which isn't far from Geneva.

That would be great !  1h30 drive for me to get there ! Smiley

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690741 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409926 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256113 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235355 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65732 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858677 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774890 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM