Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S

Overdraft:

RC - have you heard anything about a track pack edition?  I had read a post on another thread that there was (potentially) a Turbo - non S - to be offered in a stick with track focussed concept  Have you heard of such a thing?

Never and also very unlikely. Porsche really tries to switch all cars to PDK for various (conceptional) reasons.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

WTF??? 

even just the thought of a facelift would make shudder as a new buyer of a 200k Turbo...

http://www.worldcarfans.com/113121267461/2015-porsche-911-turbo-facelift-spied-for-the-first-time

--

turbolite

turbolite:

WTF??? 

even just the thought of a facelift would make shudder as a new buyer of a 200k Turbo...

http://www.worldcarfans.com/113121267461/2015-porsche-911-turbo-facelift-spied-for-the-first-time

It is no secret that Porsche wants to use the 3D "effect" of the Macan tail lights on other models too. So I wouldn't be surprised to see it on the 991 facelift. The tail lights could be retrofittable and this would actually be a huge retrofit market for Porsche (if they are clever).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

turbolite:

WTF??? 

It is getting too much . Bringing FL so early in , or taking too long to present the whole range, is counter productive . It immediately makes the non-FL look old .  Even if the changes are only minor cosmetics, it is not a good idea .

I really do not like the front blinkers on the Carrera models . I actually can't stand them . The GT3 RS is not even out yet, but it will probably have these horrible blinkers , just like the GT3 . If the Carrera get a nice more integrated front in 6 month or a year, it is ' unfair' to the buyers of the Gt3 / RS or  and make them look like fools !

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Gnil:
    turbolite:

WTF??? 

It is getting too much . Bringing FL so early in , or taking too long to present the whole range, is counter productive . It immediately makes the non-FL look old .  Even if the changes are only minor cosmetics, it is not a good idea .

I really do not like the front blinkers on the Carrera models . I actually can't stand them . The GT3 RS is not even out yet, but it will probably have these horrible blinkers , just like the GT3 . If the Carrera get a nice more integrated front in 6 month or a year, it is ' unfair' to the buyers of the Gt3 / RS or  and make them look like fools !

Exactly!  

people who order a Macan now with delivery for next summer probably risk seeing a facelift on the net before they can even sit in the car!! Smiley

--

turbolite

Guys, I honestly do not believe that Porsche is going to start a Turbo/S or Macan facelift after only 12-18 months of production, not even a cosmetic one. This just doesn't make sense.

I get the feeling that some people try to hurt the Porsche brand by purpose with false rumors or whatever crap. Porsche wouldn't be the first victim, there are other brands who have people make them look bad, just for the fun of it or because these people are even paid by competitors. 

Remember Samsung's approach to hurt HTC?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2476630/Samsung-ordered-pay-340-000-paid-people-write-negative-online-reviews-HTC...

Porsche should start to understand that the internet is very important and they cannot ignore it (anymore) by not getting involved with car forums and blogs. They should have people who officially reply to certain (important) issues and who make sure that rumors cannot hurt the brand. Rumors about an early facelift (Turbo/S and Macan) can hurt Porsche a lot, they need to be aware of that and do something about it.

--

This is truly ridiculous if true. The Turbo deliveries started two months ago and there is already a talk about facelifts? The 911 is not an iphone.  Porsche needs rather to hurry up with the successor to the Panamera , there novelty effect is over.

--

911 Club Coupe, 993 4S Riviera Blau, 12' Audi S4 Avant

im seriously thinking to cancel my order which i place 8 month ago even be4 tts was introduced 

sulaiman:

im seriously thinking to cancel my order which i place 8 month ago even be4 tts was introduced 

Are you serious? 

--

im not sure .... the waiting the delay the FL info ... all making me rethink 

I think it is all just some stupid rumors that some blogs or magazines throw into the world, without thinking clearly. This car is probably just a mule testing chassis parts for the GT2 or whatever car that's coming up. I just cannot believe that Porsche would facelift a car less than a year after first delivery started

Note that production of MY2015 starts already in july 2014.... 

--

Suzy

m4ever:

This is truly ridiculous if true. The Turbo deliveries started two months ago and there is already a talk about facelifts? The 911 is not an iphone.  Porsche needs rather to hurry up with the successor to the Panamera , there novelty effect is over.

The "talk" is only on the internet  -  not from Porsche, and we all know that talk is cheap on the net.  Smiley

The reality is that when one model has been introduced the people responsible for developing it are already working on its successor, as the long lead times for designing, testing and tooling up for cars leaves them no alternative. Nothing new in that, unless you are comparing with the original 911 which only changed in small evolutionary steps from 1962 until about 1989, and to such an extent that it was an automotive dinosaur at the end of its life.  

--

fritz

Suzy, nor can I really, but the fact that this car is out on the streets and not a rendering proves that something with this look will be coming quite soon. It might be Targa, GT2 or Turbo, that doesnt matter because it would make the actual Turbo 'old' which I would find very annoying. I would definitely hold off for more clarity if I had one on order...Smiley

--

turbolite

I am sure it's fake

no facelift will be that soon

we will see it in 2,5-3 years.

RC:

The revolution starts with the next engine generation on the 992(?).

--

Can you offer us any details without compromising your sources RC?

Gnil:
    turbolite:

WTF??? 

Couldn't have said it better. Smiley

That is one reason why I always appreciated the model philosophy of Ferrari: buying a new model early gives you approximately four years of "rest" before you will be confronted with noticeable changes.

Unfortunately buying a brand new Ferrari in its first year of production is the biggest mistake you can ever make. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

http://www.automotofoto.net/blogs/a-40-hour-dream-in-a-porsche-turbo-s/

--
    Oversteer is when the passengers are scared, Understeer is when the driver is scared.

cumbe:

http://www.automotofoto.net/blogs/a-40-hour-dream-in-a-porsche-turbo-s/

Very nice report and even nicer photos but driving in Switzerland in November with summer tires? Smiley I'm in Austria right now and although it was sunny today, there were some wet spots on the street and in shadowy parts of the road, these wet spots were pretty slippery. Now it is actually snowing and the streets are covered with snow. I was out for some snow fun but there was too much traffic and one idiot almost slipped into me, I barely avoided him, so I went back to the hotel, enough excitement for the day. It is going to be an interesting day tomorrow if it keeps snowing. I didn't expect any snow today, so the mountains are full of surprises.

--

turbolite:

Suzy, nor can I really, but the fact that this car is out on the streets and not a rendering proves that something with this look will be coming quite soon. It might be Targa, GT2 or Turbo, that doesnt matter because it would make the actual Turbo 'old' which I would find very annoying. I would definitely hold off for more clarity if I had one on order...Smiley

--

turbolite

There won't be a Turbo/S facelift that soon. Period. Smiley

--

fritz:
    m4ever:

The "talk" is only on the internet  -  not from Porsche, and we all know that talk is cheap on the net.  Smiley

The reality is that when one model has been introduced the people responsible for developing it are already working on its successor, as the long lead times for designing, testing and tooling up for cars leaves them no alternative. Nothing new in that, unless you are comparing with the original 911 which only changed in small evolutionary steps from 1962 until about 1989, and to such an extent that it was an automotive dinosaur at the end of its life.  

Hi Fritz, I guess this is pure internet speculation and I hope it stays that . You mention the original 911 that changed marginally until the end of the G series,  well it was indeed an automotive dinosaur at the end of its life but still a very good one  . Imho the engineering approach in adopting  incremental improvements vs radical re-designs is what made the 911 the automotive icon it is today.   

--

911 Club Coupe, 993 4S Riviera Blau, 12' Audi S4 Avant

m4ever:
    fritz:
    m4ever:

Hi Fritz, I guess this is pure internet speculation and I hope it stays that . You mention the original 911 that changed marginally until the end of the G series,  well it was indeed an automotive dinosaur at the end of its life but still a very good one  . Imho the engineering approach in adopting  incremental improvements vs radical re-designs is what made the 911 the automotive icon it is today.   

It's long life  -  in basically the same form  -  did mean that it built up a relatively big following over a generation of people who learnt to love it, warts and all.  Smiley

--

fritz

turbolite:

--

turbolite

I think that what we see on that Turbo is the next Carrera facelift ( 991.2 )  . The front bumper does not look like a Turbo one .

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Hello.

Maybe this is a little offtopic but anyone knows the difference in Angle of Slope from the 991 turbo to the others 991 Carrera with PASM? 911 turbo is 10.3º with the front lip retracted. What is this angle in a Carrera S?

Best regards.

I would be extremely surprised if Porsche would be so reckless with an immediate facelift.
    I think they are pretty good at marketing and you don't need to be an expert to understand how pissed off your client based would be with a new car already getting "old".
    It just doesn't make sense.
    I'm a lucky owner of the first customized 991 Turbo S delivered in my city and I feel quite comfortable that it won't get old too soon (maybe I'm just an optimist ;)))

RC I'm finding that, even with winter tires, the skid effect is quite important on cold wet ground. Don't you?

mc3744:

RC I'm finding that, even with winter tires, the skid effect is quite important on cold wet ground. Don't you?

Which winter tires do you have? And do you drive it in the snow?

Thanks

Insanely cool color kiss

--

My new blog with automotive & motorcycle renders: tessoart.blogspot.com

Looks like old Polar Silver...

Rhodium Silver

color temperature is all wrong on that picture :(

--

I am only getting my car begging of Feb. 2014and my order was put through since Sept. 2013.  With this mule testing whatever model they are going to present.... I hope its the new 991.2 presenting in 2015, not the turbo!! 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    762466 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435358 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260516 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257573 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80947 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5321 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872279 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    807653 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM