Crown

Board: Porsche - Carrera GT / 918 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 918 latest news Thread Closed

Leawood911:

There is a Pawn shop in the Ozarks named 'Family Pawn'.  I often wonder how much I could get for the kids? How much is the 918 rental for a week? 

Can't wait until Whoopsy gets the car - amazing machine to be certain.

I googled the black market price for organs and sadly no matter how many limbs you sell you'd have to be down to eyeballs before you can even afford the liquid paint alone. 

On the upside if you sell your stomach lining you wont have to worry about no sauce on your pasta Smiley

pxaxh:

Motivation:  http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/videos/9454051/Man-selling-testicle-to-buy-his-dream-car
    indecision

Unbelieveble Smiley

J.Seven

For what it's worth, I sold my soul to the devil and work the capitalism system. The payout is REALLY GOOD and I highly recommended this method 

--

J.Seven:
    pxaxh:

Motivation:  http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/videos/9454051/Man-selling-testicle-to-buy-his-dream-car
    indecision

Unbelieveble Smiley

J.Seven

This video looks very strange to me. I', almost confident, it's edited, some of the effects reminds me of the Pixar movie CARS... Smiley

Whoopsy, I read on another board, that today there is another event in Valencia, Spain with full power cars. Even CH is supposed to drive it, which means a good review from him in the next few days...

Do you know anything more?

Whoopsy:

For what it's worth, I sold my soul to the devil and work the capitalism system. The payout is REALLY GOOD and I highly recommended this method 

But what about the afterworld ? Smiley

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

I knew there is going to be another event at Valencia, but since I wasn't officially notified or invited, I am not going to ask for an invite, would make me look desperate haha. Even when I am quite desperate to drive one.

As for the afterworld, I heard it's like a 3rd world country, where bribery is an expected tradition smiley

--

So, I should keep some cash in my pockets and not spend it all on evil goods in this world ….. but as it is only a rumor , I will take the chance , and add a bit of sauce to my cars  smiley

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Rumor has it Macallan works better than cash.

--

Whoopsy:

I knew there is going to be another event at Valencia, but since I wasn't officially notified or invited, I am not going to ask for an invite, would make me look desperate haha. Even when I am quite desperate to drive one.

As for the afterworld, I heard it's like a 3rd world country, where bribery is an expected tradition smiley

Ask. You deserve it. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Asking or 'begging' is not my style :)

Had they wanted to invite me, they would have contacted me the first time around. PCNA and PCC knew my desire to actually drive one since I had told them about how disappointed I was at Palm Springs. If Porsche do monitor this board as we suspected, then they can probably connect the dots and figured out who I am with my handle, I think I am one of  only 2 customers who made it to Palm Springs even after they canceled the 918 event there. Or even simpler, I am the only customer from Vancouver.

--

One of the best videos I have found in regards to engine sound. Hope it's not a repost!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbCykITYJ-U

Now THIS is creepy, or I can put it as German efficiency.

My last post was around 9am my time. Not 90 mins later I got an email from the President of PCC apologizing for my disappointment in Palm Springs together with an invite to a 918 event in none other than Porsche's own headquarters at Stuttgart next Friday. Other than the drive, there will also be a tour of the 918 assembly line and the Porsche Museum.

I REALLY REALLY wish I can go, but I can't. As it means I will be in transit for our anniversary and we had already made celebration plans. Also since the wife still doesn't know about the car yet this would totally blown the cover haha.

But one thing I know for sure, Porsche knows their PR, knows how to treat customers right or how to make up and keep customers happy, unlike the treatment I got from McLaren. 

I tip my hat to them, and they can be assured that I will remains a loyal Porsche customer till the day they stop making attractive cars. 

--

Very glad to hear that I thought that Porsche has excellent PR and customer service all along.

--

1991 BMW 535i Granitsilber/White Leather

Ex: '91 BMW 318i, '89 BMW 525i, '74 Mercedes-Benz 280E, '87 BMW 325is, '86 BMW 325e, '05 Ford Focus ZX4 S, '85.5 Porsche 944

Whoopsy:

My last post was around 9am my time. Not 90 mins later I got an email from the President of PCC apologizing for my disappointment in Palm Springs together with an invite to a 918 event in none other than Porsche's own headquarters at Stuttgart next Friday. Other than the drive, there will also be a tour of the 918 assembly line and the Porsche Museum.

I REALLY REALLY wish I can go, but I can't. As it means I will be in transit for our anniversary and we had already made celebration plans. Also since the wife still doesn't know about the car yet this would totally blown the cover haha.

But one thing I know for sure, Porsche knows their PR, knows how to treat customers right or how to make up and keep customers happy, unlike the treatment I got from McLaren. 

I tip my hat to them, and they can be assured that I will remains a loyal Porsche customer till the day they stop making attractive cars. 

Smiley

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Whoopsy:

Now that's what I call efficiency. Huge kudos to Porsche. 

It could be part of the buying process of the 918 and the timing was coincidental. They did the same with the CGT. Buyers were invited to Germany for a ride and tour. 

However, you are an excellent customer so maybe they did make special arrangements for you.kiss

http://www.gtspirit.com/2013/12/07/road-test-2014-porsche-918-spyder/

This is the picture I have been looking for:

gtspirit-2014-porsche-918-spyder-liquid-chrome-blue-0003.jpg

A real world picture instead of computer rendering of the cupholder !!

--

Do you think it is just a matter of time before the 918's dash/control layout trickles down to the other sports car models?  PCM seems highly evolved with the two central, sizable screens and the vast reduction in physical switch gear.

I sure hope not. The touch screen is the single most dangerous item in a automobile. Unlike physical buttons and switches, it cannot be operated by feel, that means the eyes HAVE to focus on them, and taking eyes off the road ahead is always dangerous.

Advantage for touch screen is a clean design, everyone is trying to copy Apple's iPhone's clean design and extend it to everywhere they can think of. Another is a onscreen button can be of any shape and size, but that's about it.

With physical buttons, if one gets familiar with the layout, it can be operated blindly just by feel, not so with touch screens, there are no physical boundaries so fingers cannot find the buttons just by feel. 

A good typist on a physical keyboard can do ~45 words a minute without looking at the keyboard, if you replace that keyboard with a touch screen keyboard, the drop off will be huge, he/she might be lucky to top 30. 

Truth is, when I had my chance to operate the PCM in the 918, I HATED it, there is no feel, the operation feels awkward, and the fingerprints drives me nuts after 60 seconds. 

The PCM in my Turbo S also has touch screen function, after 18 months of ownership I have yet to 'touch' the screen once, I operated the whole system using buttons only. Thank god Porsche didn't take away that.

--

Whoopsy, your point about the safety advantages of tactile buttons in a motor vehicle environment is well-stated and I agree.

I fear though that the market has so overwhelmingly bought into touch screens that it will be rare to have anything other in many new designs.

The brown leather with orange piping is my favorite interior choice for the 918. Is that what you have gone with?

Black with acid green.

Saw the brown with orange in real life. Not my cup teas as I am gonna have my car with metallic black outside with the acid green calibers, so brown and orange is gonna clash.

I might still go for dark blue metallic outside, that colour is quite stunning from the photos I have seen.

--

It really is unfortunate that Porsche don't offer (standard) matching caliper colors to the piping colors offered.

Whoopsy:

Black with acid green.

Saw the brown with orange in real life. Not my cup teas as I am gonna have my car with metallic black outside with the acid green calibers, so brown and orange is gonna clash.

I might still go for dark blue metallic outside, that colour is quite stunning from the photos I have seen.

Dark blue is the color to go IMO, except the liquid investment of course... Smiley

Boyko23:
    Whoopsy:

Black with acid green.

Dark blue is the color to go IMO, except the liquid investment of course... Smiley

Ah, dark blue. This color does any and every Porsche proud.

Bias, what bias? Never. Smiley

rulesdontapply

--

2008 Porsche Boxster S PDE2
    2012 Porsche Cayenne S

Porsche do wear blue well.

Had a 996 C4S in Lapis Blue before, and my old 997 Turbo was a shade darker in Midnight Blue. Dark Blue metallic is another shade darker than Midnight.

--

Whoopsy:

Porsche do wear blue well.

Had a 996 C4S in Lapis Blue before, and my old 997 Turbo was a shade darker in Midnight Blue. Dark Blue metallic is another shade darker than Midnight.

Lapis blue is an exquisite color Smiley

C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\My Documents\My Pictures\996 TT Twins\DSC01853rennteam.jpg

My wife's former TT Cab in front of my Signal Yellow TT Coupe (before CGT)

--

Mike

Carrera GT + Tesla Roadster 1.5 & Model S + Panamera Turbo +  BMW Z8 + BMW 3.0 CSi + Bentley Arnage T + GT3 RS 4.0

Whoopsy:

Dammit, you should have taken the offer. Smiley Smiley I understand why you didn't but you are missing out on something very special and especially meeting some very special people. You should reconsider. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

I subscribed to the theory that if something is destined to be mine, it will be mine and if something is destined to not be mine, no matter how hard I tried it still won't be mine.

Maybe I wasn't meant to be able to do the tour, say even if I do fly over, I might have a flight delay or cancellation somewhere and missed the tour time.

Or maybe I was destined to have a tour like that, so even if I missed this one, maybe there will be another tour next spring or I will get one when I do factory delivery.

--

W8MM:
    Lapis blue is an exquisite color Smiley

C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\My Documents\My Pictures\996 TT Twins\DSC01853rennteam.jpg

My wife's former TT Cab in front of my Signal Yellow TT Coupe (before CGT)

--

Mike

Carrera GT + Tesla Roadster 1.5 & Model S + Panamera Turbo +  BMW Z8 + BMW 3.0 CSi + Bentley Arnage T + GT3 RS 4.0

Smiley

For some reason Lapis Blue looks especially good on 996 bodies.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM