Crown

Board: Porsche - Macan Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: Porsche Macan

KresoF1:

Sapphire Blue as well as some interior and exterior color options will be available according to offical German price list from October 2014. YES, October 2014...

my dialer told me today that it is not 10/2014 = october 2014. they said it is the 10th week. of production in 2014 so around  middle of march 2014! it is alot of options that is awaible from that time including this colour!   so can anyone proove or disaprove this information? 

kalisto5:
    KresoF1:

Sapphire Blue as well as some interior and exterior color options will be available according to offical German price list from October 2014. YES, October 2014...

my dialer told me today that it is not 10/2014 = october 2014. they said it is the 10th week. of production in 2014 so around  middle of march 2014! it is alot of options that is awaible from that time including this colour!   so can anyone proove or disaprove this information? 

That is what I heard at the LA Auto Show. Many options not included at first so that the new market Porsche is after will not get sticker shock.

--
    Porsche owner since 1975.

ISUK:

If you take the standard seats then yes, it is only the driver's seat that has electric operation.

Seat Options.JPG

Thank you very much for the info!
    Some catalogues have unprecise information on that topic.

LED lights and PCCB will be available at some point but I have no fixed dates yet.

I heard that Macan lease conditions and rebates in Germany are quite bad for such a car category, demand seems to be very hight right now. So waiting a little bit for things to cool down may be a good idea if you don't want/need the Macan within the first 6-12 months of production. Just a thought... Also keep in mind that this is a completely new model with lots of new parts and the first issues usually appear in the first year of production (not that this would stop me from getting one Smiley).

I will exchange my Cayenne GTS with a Macan Turbo or Turbo S in two years from now, so hopefully LED lights will be available by then. I don't want to miss them anymore, they are great (at least in the 991). The Cayenne is great but we really don't need the extra space anymore, so the Macan could be the best alternative for us.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

To each their own.  I really do not like Macan.  But Macan Turbo at 100K CAD fully equipped it's 60K below a fully equipped Cayenne Turbo.  That's a huge advantage price-wise even if it doesn't drive as well/isn't as sporty.  They'll sell a lot, I doubt that I will ever buy one though.

--

2012 Cayenne TT, 2012 Audi A8L, still looking for a spirited vehicle...

BlackSparrow:

To each their own.  I really do not like Macan.  But Macan Turbo at 100K CAD fully equipped it's 60K below a fully equipped Cayenne Turbo.  That's a huge advantage price-wise even if it doesn't drive as well/isn't as sporty.  They'll sell a lot, I doubt that I will ever buy one though.

I just ordered a turbo. there is no point now in keeping my much more expensive and slightly bigger cayenne turbo when i can get the same performance and better looks for 30k less. porsche will lose a lot of cayenne turbo customers to the cheaper macan turbo and im one of them. Cayenne turbo is a great car but way overpriced.

--

2011 CTT, 2013 12C Spider, 2013 A5 cab, 2014 4Runner Trail Edition

BlackSparrow:

You should not compare the Macan Turbo with a Cayenne Turbo.... I would rather compare the MacanT with the CayenneS.

Anyway - I think the Macan might be the even more sporty car (beside the engine power). I'm sure that Macan is very well balanced and tuned up. Also - it's the much newer car, so if you dont need the space of the Cayenne the Macan might be a good choice.

Performance-wise, the Macan Turbo is very close to the Cayenne Turbo and easily outruns the Cayenne S. So I would definitely compare it to the Cayenne Turbo and not the Cayenne S. In the 0-160 kph (100 mph) run, the Cayenne Turbo is only 0.4 seconds faster than the Macan Turbo.

Some bit of more information (not sure if this has been posted before): The entry-level Macan will be the Macan Diesel with 204 hp, available at around 47-49k EUR (incl. VAT) in Germany sometimes later this year or early next year. This car will have pretty basic options, so you easily get to 60k EUR and more for a somewhat acceptable optioned car. This could also be the first Macan with manual transmission.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Not sure if you guys have seen this video yet...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxQwmQtGhqk

--

RC:

This confirms that the Macan fits my lifestyle Smiley

That or I´ve fallen victim to Porsche marketing. 

Enmanuel:
    RC:

This confirms that the Macan fits my lifestyle Smiley

That or I´ve fallen victim to Porsche marketing. 

Probably both. Smiley

--

wow, I am sold ! That's great marketing, still, "they" speak about intensity. Well, I would get a lot of intensity driving the Macan through the nice narrow roads in the city where I live. And then, the brilliant parking lots we usually have here, where I would get the gousebumbs driving the car into most of our 70s-style parking lots...I have to admit, that the Macan seems to very much fit into my lifestyle in general, but appearantly the surroundings of my neighborhood see that differently...[sarcasm]...I think, I have to wait until April and actually testdrive one then...

They tried to make an suv more like a 911, and succeeded but it sure is small, rear seats for dogs not humans with legs, but should be much more sporty in turbo form than cayenne, and slightly better looking.  No way to fit three people and three Labradors in comfort with luggage (true for cayenne also) so the e63 s wagon and rs6 avant will always have customers.

perhaps a porsche turbo s wagon?Smiley

d997h:

wow, I am sold ! That's great marketing, still, "they" speak about intensity. Well, I would get a lot of intensity driving the Macan through the nice narrow roads in the city where I live. And then, the brilliant parking lots we usually have here, where I would get the gousebumbs driving the car into most of our 70s-style parking lots...I have to admit, that the Macan seems to very much fit into my lifestyle in general, but appearantly the surroundings of my neighborhood see that differently...[sarcasm]...I think, I have to wait until April and actually testdrive one then...

Yes, and the dumbest of all is the writer from Auto motor und sport in their latest edition (Birgit Priemer), where she compares the Macan turbo to the Cayenne turbo. Fundamentally a neat article with some useful pictures and remarks, except thaat she does not seem to ever drive any cars (luckily she doesnt do any test drives if i remember correctly).

In the final plus and minus boxes the first Plus she mentions for the Macan is ' the compact format'!!!!! ????

Can you believe this? the car is exactly ONE centimeter narrower than the Cayenne and that make it compact?? Or is it the 14 cm less length that make it compact? common, The level of incompetence of some of these writers is really amazing... 

PS: her colleague who did the racetrack test of the nismo gt-r in the same magazine has been drinking too much sake too. how could it be he did not realize that the car still has the good old 6 speed gearshift and not 7 as he writes...Smiley

--

turbolite

RC:

Very nice video Christian. Smiley

I would love to get one (2.0 liter diesel model) for my wife in two years. For right now, I'm ordering Q3 w/1.4 tfsi engine for her.

--

ONUR

THE BEST CAR EVER smiley

11 E92 M3 CP - 09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

it is 98% of the size and 90% of the weight but it is somehow urbanfied and intenser???????????

it is a cayenne with a PDK

--

2013 Lotus Evora S/ 2008 Cayenne GTS Manual

2012 991 C2S -PDK / 2010 997.2 turbo cab manual, sold //2008 RS 60 sold /04 C4S sold - 08 Cayenne Turbo PDCC sold

http://www.autogespot.com/porsche-macan/2013/11/28

Here's a spot of an unmarked, undisguised Macan in rhodium silver with the black/red interior; exactly how I'd spec my Turbo.

I think we're looking at a sample of the base Macan though: the rear has single-tube rectangular tailpipes and a look inside reveals a black rev counter.

rulesdontapply

--

2008 Porsche Boxster S PDE2
    2012 Porsche Cayenne S

watt:

..., rear seats for dogs not humans with legs, ...

I think the rear is fine. Plenty of space.

--
    Porsche owner since 1975.

Saw my first Macan live, up and close, (walked around it) , an S model im the Swiss Mountains (St Moritz area) yesterday! 

Bottom line: nice but very bland. my wife said she'd choose the Evoque over the Macan anytime and i would not blame her! The car is not sleek and sexy. This might be a bit different in the Turbo version, but this S version in silver kind of failed to impress me. It looks relatively small and compact  (i parked my X 6 close to it)  although we know that the size is still pretty large. We saw a Cayenne turbo a couple of minutes later and it was like day and night! If i had to choose between one and the other i'd always go for the Cayenne! That is a grown ups car, the other one will unfortunately become the housewife's choice (particularly in 4 cylinder disguise), or be the late twenties aspirational car. 

I would caution anyone to order it without seeing it live, the pictures dont give the real impression in my opinion. It is not ugly at all but NEVER looks as if it could be worth Sfr 125000 or Eur 100000!  For that money i'd always rather get a used Cayenne turbo or GTS. So much more value and authority for the money.  

So for us we decided it's a no go. yes

--

turbolite

http://www.rennteam.com/1385841151191image.jpg

--

turbolite

1385841151204image.jpg

--

turbolite

Porsche Macan S walkaround at the LA Auto Show...

Porsche Macan S walkaround at the LA Auto Show -- Video Link

Smiley SmileySmiley

Porsche Macan Turbo walkaround at the LA Auto Show...

Porsche Macan Turbo walkaround at the LA Auto Show -- Video Link

Smiley SmileySmiley

turbolite:

Saw my first Macan live, up and close, (walked around it) , an S model im the Swiss Mountains (St Moritz area) yesterday! 

Bottom line: nice but very bland. my wife said she'd choose the Evoque over the Macan anytime and i would not blame her! The car is not sleek and sexy. This might be a bit different in the Turbo version, but this S version in silver kind of failed to impress me. It looks relatively small and compact  (i parked my X 6 close to it)  although we know that the size is still pretty large. We saw a Cayenne turbo a couple of minutes later and it was like day and night! If i had to choose between one and the other i'd always go for the Cayenne! That is a grown ups car, the other one will unfortunately become the housewife's choice (particularly in 4 cylinder disguise), or be the late twenties aspirational car. 

I would caution anyone to order it without seeing it live, the pictures dont give the real impression in my opinion. It is not ugly at all but NEVER looks as if it could be worth Sfr 125000 or Eur 100000!  For that money i'd always rather get a used Cayenne turbo or GTS. So much more value and authority for the money.  

So for us we decided it's a no go. yes

While I have yet to see the Macan in person, the pricing is a more significant issue than the appearance, when I can get a Range Rover Sport Supercharged for about the same dollar amount as a Macan Turbo.  The point of an SUV is the additional room and capacity when compared with a sedan.  The Macan is lacking. 

Jack Baruth on The Truth About Cars website had, several days ago, an excellent, and rather entertaining, commentary on the new Macan.  Baruth' sentiment was echoed on the Autoextremist website; Porsche went too downmarket and really has not differentiated this model enough.  Sadly, while one can point toward the current crop of excellent Porsche sports cars, it has focused too much, for my personal tastes, on high volume conveyances for the great unwashed masses.  

Compared to a Cayenne, the Macan actually has some nice design details - the tail lights, exhaust and diffuser. The clamshell hood seems like a smart production cost saver. In the right colors it will look less like from the Blobosphere school of design then a Cayenne. But its rounded topline and the plastic lower side body inserts don't exactly give it a sharp aggressive look. It doesn't seem to have any "presence" or any visual statement of emotion. It almost seems passive aggressive.

It might be new and trendy for awhile, and the PDK / Turbo version is a rocket for its segment, but you don't get much room or access for the price. You can excuse that when it comes to a sports car, but a high value AWD 4dr with tiny rear doors and no leg room seems like something more for metro hipsters with no kids and a purse size dog.

White seems to suit it.

where the edge of the bonnet meets the front end of the front window/frame is untidy and looks unfinished

sfo:

where the edge of the bonnet meets the front end of the front window/frame is untidy and looks unfinished

Sadly, the same is true of any recent Porsche (98x, 99x). Witness the unfolded metal edge of the front hood I get to admire when sitting in my car. (Sorry, picture is upside down; normally, I get to admire the right-side-up version of this… )

1385863449462RS60 Hood Edge.JPG

CGX car nut:
    turbolite:

Bottom line: nice but very bland. my wife said she'd choose the Evoque over the Macan anytime and i would not blame her! The car is not sleek and sexy. 

Jack Baruth on The Truth About Cars website had, several days ago, an excellent, and rather entertaining, commentary on the new Macan.  Baruth' sentiment was echoed on the Autoextremist website; Porsche went too downmarket and really has not differentiated this model enough.  Sadly, while one can point toward the current crop of excellent Porsche sports cars, it has focused too much, for my personal tastes, on high volume conveyances for the great unwashed masses.  

Both mb and bmw have stretched the brand too much but not from a sports car starting point so fewer old fans of theirs notice.  When your secretary drives the same make, its too diffuse and barath' s comments about the rx350 are pretty scary scary for olde porsche fans. At least theres a gt3Smiley

turbolite:

1385841151204image.jpg

I think you caught an undisguised/unlabeled mule of the base model. Look at those single-tube rectangular tailpipes!

rulesdontapply

--

2008 Porsche Boxster S PDE2
    2012 Porsche Cayenne S

it definitely was a macan S from the front design. A guy was sitting behind the steering wheel working oon à laptop and drove off after he realized i was looking at the car. 

--

turbolite

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    782306 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442955 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263533 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261996 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    86054 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6044 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881742 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    820046 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM