Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S

mc3744:
    Milanno:
    but main selling point is - IT WORKS! That is most important for high-demanding buyers. Second selling point is service. As you may guess, Porsche and Apple are among best in their businesses when it comes to service quality. 

My new blog with automotive & motorcycle renders: tessoart.blogspot.com

I wish I could agree with you on the "IT WORKS" part. Mine doesn't. Still sitting at Porsche, still no news (= bad service, they should at least tell me something).

Am I the only one who has experienced an unknown problem with the car?

Should I get my lawyers involved or wait longer? And how much longer? Any suggestion?

Thanks

Try to contact Porsche Germany directly. 

customer.commitment@porsche.de

Include your VIN (!!!) number, also the name of your Porsche centre in Italy.

If possible, use your business mail account with header/footer, so they know you are a serious person.

Be friendly but insistent, also mention that you are highly disappointed with the quality.

I cannot promise they will help but your problem will certainly show up on their radar.

Good luck. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Nice TechArt take on the TTS....

http://www.worldcarfans.com/113112166511/techart-prepares-the-porsche-911-turbo-for-essen-with-styling

--

2013 BMW 750 xDrive MSport & 2012 x5 - TurboS Cab on Order Mar14. Range Rover V8 on order June14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcZKZwEB05w

NO LC   WTF 

i think the use of SLS in this Vid is simple ... its only an excuse not to use LC
    So the Porsche wont get the Race and make the red horse Fans sad 

I dont see why they bothered bringing SLS in game. It should be F12 vs 991 TSS with all gadgets on. But still, for 560 hp car, 991 TTS holds damn great, even without LC.

--

Thanks RC, I will try that.
    Today they phoned me and told me that Monday or Tuesday a technician will come from Porsche Italy HQ and should be able to fix it.
    It's not clear what will happen of he won't.
    Meanwhile a week has gone by :(

mc3744:
    Thanks RC, I will try that.
    Today they phoned me and told me that Monday or Tuesday a technician will come from Porsche Italy HQ and should be able to fix it.
    It's not clear what will happen of he won't.
    Meanwhile a week has gone by :(

hi guys i have a 911 turbo s on order(october production) delivery date was scheduled to be mid december but yesterday my dealer calls me to tell me that these cars are all pushed one month untill mid january  as porsche has a problem with the PDK rattling at around 10000km testing in turbo s cars and porsche also found some problems in the pdk rattling in the gt3 which also pushed their production a month or two. im getting really frustrated with this issue and i dont know how im going to wait longer having ordered the car in june.

0Q White 

NG Leather interior in natural leather Carrera Red 

625 Porsche Entry & Drive 

653 Electric slide/tilt glass sunroof 

CAT Model designation on doors in silver Exclusive 

250 Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) 

658 Power steering Plus 

435 20-inch 911 Turbo S wheel 

342 Seat heating 

456 Adaptive cruise control incl. Porsche Active Safe (PAS

541 Seat ventilation 

581 Luggage net passenger footwell 

630 Light design package 

CGJ Instrument dial Sport Chrono stop clock in White Exclusive 

CPK Vehicle key painted Exclusive

CTR Air vents painted Exclusive 

P07 Adaptive Sports seats Plus (18-way, electric) with memory package

XFJ Instrument dials in White Exclusive 

998 Leather interior package in natural leather 

CFX Personalised floor mats with leather edging Exclusive

CARRERA RED FLOOR MATS , PEBBLE GREY LEATHER EDGING AND LOGO IN

PEBBLE GREY , STITCHIGN IN CARRERA RED

CPE Key pouch in leather Exclusive 

CARRERA RED POUCH WITH SIDES IN PEBBLE GREY AND STITCHING IN PEBBLE

GREY

XNS Steering column casing leather Exclusive 

XPT Lid of storage bin with Porsche crest Exclusive 

XWL Extended interior package Sports seat Plus backrests in leather Exclusive 

XYA Aluminium PDK gear selector Exclusive 

682 Burmester® High-End Surround Sound System 

693 Six disc CD/DVD autochanger 

211 License-plate bracket front (EU)

Dealer z-options exclusive

24891 Stitching of Front and Rear Seats deviating thread

Pebble Grey

24901 Stitching of Dashboard deviating thread

Pebble Grey

24902 Stitching door trim deviating thread

Pebble Grey

24905 Stitching of rear side panel deviating thread

Pebble Grey

26741 Stitching of door center panel deviating thread

Pebble Grey

26751 Stitching of arm rest deviating thread

Pebble Grey

26761 Stitching of door handles with deviating thread 

Pebble Grey

90043 Stitching sports seat backrests in leather incl. XWL deviating thread 

Pebble Grey

Its better to wait some time for Porsche to fix everything in factory, instead having problem @300 km/h on Autobahn smiley

--

I haven't heard of any PDK issues and the GT3 issues were indeed partially related to PDK but it wasn't about rattling to my knowledge (the GT3 and Turbo S PDK are different also).

Only thing I heard is that 991 Turbo/S demand has increased strongly.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

This is bad news. Smiley Mine supposed to go in production next week (week 48). i hope there will be no delay with my car.

same thing here my dealer told me they have some tech problems and Quality Control Holding all cars " my car" 

im suppose to have the car at early november its been pushed now to med late Dec 

meanwhile in the UK, many, if not all, Porsche dealers have unsold Turbo S's sitting in the showroom.

one dealer in the Midlands has 3!!!

I have been to 3 separate dealers recently, and each of them had at least 1 Turbo S unsold.

chap on PH was even offered a 3% discount!

sfo:

meanwhile in the UK, many, if not all, Porsche dealers have unsold Turbo S's sitting in the showroom.

one dealer in the Midlands has 3!!!

I have been to 3 separate dealers recently, and each of them had at least 1 Turbo S unsold.

chap on PH was even offered a 3% discount!

Why would they order a Turbo S for the dealership? Over here, many dealers avoid ordering such an expensive car for the dealership (in the hope that they are going to sell one to a customer) because customers interested in the Turbo S want their Turbo S with the options they selected before. Nobody over here spends over 200k EUR on a car he didn't order to specs. Understandable. 3% only for cars they cannot sell? Are you kidding me? I've got more (though not much more) from my dealer and I got his first car.

--

sulaiman:

same thing here my dealer told me they have some tech problems and Quality Control Holding all cars " my car" 

im suppose to have the car at early november its been pushed now to med late Dec 

Maybe a certain batch of cars is affected only? Smiley Like I said before, I haven't heard of any issues with the Turbo S and reports on other car forums regarding German and US cars indicate that the cars are not delayed for any reasons. My dealer is also not aware of any delays (he would know, the GT3 delays "killed" him) and customer cars are produced and delivered right now.

I am sorry but have you actually thought that your dealer gave away "your" slot to a different customer?! Smiley 
    Demand for the 991 Turbo S has increased a lot, so I wouldn't be surprised if some dealers move certain production slots around to satisfy very good customers and/or not to loose a customer. Just saying... 

--

RC:
    Why would they order a Turbo S for the dealership? Over here, many dealers avoid ordering such an expensive car for the dealership (in the hope that they are going to sell one to a customer) because customers interested in the Turbo S want their Turbo S with the options they selected before. Nobody over here spends over 200k EUR on a car he didn't order to specs. Understandable. 3% only for cars they cannot sell? Are you kidding me? I've got more (though not much more) from my dealer and I got his first car.

They might be taking sales for financial and/or allocation reasons?  Also, I understand that many of the wealthy non-enthusiasts walk in and buy what they see.  Alas, in the UK most Porsches are bought by people who are more interested in the brand than the product.  I guess for these people instant gratification is more important than considered optimisation.  And discounts/rebates are historically very rare in the UK but I have heard rumours that slow 981/991 sales have reveresed this a bit.  But they are just rumours.

--

Gen II Cayman S

Not rumours - precedents have already been set. (that said, I heard the DP at my OPC has recently been 'moved -on')

--

991 (what a car!) XC90 - Black/Black 2 kids, 1 dog

GR:
    RC:

They might be taking sales for financial and/or allocation reasons?  Also, I understand that many of the wealthy non-enthusiasts walk in and buy what they see.  Alas, in the UK most Porsches are bought by people who are more interested in the brand than the product.  I guess for these people instant gratification is more important than considered optimisation.  And discounts/rebates are historically very rare in the UK but I have heard rumours that slow 981/991 sales have reveresed this a bit.  But they are just rumours.

they ordered the cars probably because they were obliged to ...

bridggar:

Not rumours - precedents have already been set. (that said, I heard the DP at my OPC has recently been 'moved -on')

really ! He didnt last long Smiley

Italo:

Ferrari triumphs again Smiley

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-video/video-ferrari-f12-berlinetta-vs-porsche-911-turbo-s-vs-mercedes-sls-black-series

You know how much the F12 costs? Smiley

Also watch the video carefully and you'll notice that in the beginning, the F12 stands no chance against the 991 Turbo S, despite the same 0-60 mph figures claimed in the video. Then throw in the daily driver capabilities of the 991 Turbo S and you realize fast that the F12 is an amazing car but the 991 Turbo S is the better choice in the end. Unless of course money doesn't matter and you have another sports car like the 991 Turbo S for winter and rain fun in your garage. Smiley

I still love the F12 but I'm glad I didn't go for one. Temptation was high though. 

--

Italo:

Ferrari triumphs again Smiley

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-video/video-ferrari-f12-berlinetta-vs-porsche-911-turbo-s-vs-mercedes-sls-black-series

I am not really impressed… Just some meters up to like 250 or 260kph… If you consider that the F12 has 740 instead of 560hp and that the 991 turbo s will probably kill the F12 in most other situations (track included) Smiley

First US Dyno for the TTS

The F12 is around 10 meters in front of the 911 Turbo S. That's £10.000 per meter at UK prices. Not bad at all!

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:

The F12 is around 10 meters in front of the 911 Turbo S. That's £10.000 per meter at UK prices. Not bad at all!

Plus you get a clumsy front-engined car with mediocre build quality… Not for me Smiley

he could not do that ..Smiley

no 991 TTs has been sold in kuwait yet ... the only car here is the Dealer demo car in white ,,,, as the pic i post  yesterday   

MKSGR:
    reginos:

Plus you get a clumsy front-engined car with mediocre build quality… Not for me Smiley

Give the F12 AWD and it will eat the TTS COMPLETELY ! Build quality of F12 is on par with 991, gone are the days of shabby finish. Smiley

Italo:
    MKSGR:
    reginos:

Give the F12 AWD and it will eat the TTS COMPLETELY !

The first thing that comes to mind on reading that is an old German saying: "If my aunt had balls she'd be my UNCLE!  

Smiley

--

fritz

fritz:
    Italo:
    MKSGR:
    reginos:

The first thing that comes to mind on reading that is an old German saying: "If my aunt had balls she'd be my UNCLE!  

Smiley

Happy I'm not German Smiley

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

well said Smiley  Fritz

Italo:
    fritz:
    Italo:
    MKSGR:
    reginos:

Smiley

Happy I'm not German Smiley

I'm not sure if this saying originated from Germany. It exists in different languages too.

--

Porsche 911 GT3 - Guards Red 997 MKII Clubsport

Is this black (Schwarz) from configurator or is it one from Exclusive program yes

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    753793 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    431015 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258740 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255595 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79626 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5256 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868565 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    802297 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM