Crown

Board: Porsche - Macan Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: Porsche Macan

dreamcar:

Good to see that tyre pressure monitoring is standard on Macan - should be so across the entire range.

required by EU rules for new cars in 2014, I think.

Porsche cars should have had tire pressure monitoring systems as a standard option a long time ago. This is something I never understood. It was about time.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

kalisto5:
    RodoRS:
    huangester:

Anyone knows what kind of Blue tone is it (L.A. show)? 

Sapphire Blue Metallic Smiley

thnks! the main question is it avaible  for order! it is not in configurator  Smiley

Sapphire Blue is not available at launch nor is the Agate/Pebble interior shown with it at LA. I believe more colours will be rolled out as production ramps up but why they chose to display the car in a colour combination that suits it's youthful target audience yet is being denied to early buyers is beyond me Smiley

Sapphire Blue as well as some interior and exterior color options will be available according to offical German price list from October 2014. YES, October 2014...

Gnil:
    noone1:

The real issue is warranty. I doubt you get a warranty in Europe with a US car. Maybe the discount is worth it, but you never know.

warranty is worldwide and can't be denied ...

...it's not simple like that... Smiley

You don't get THE SAME warranty worldwide. A US car in US has a  4year/50KMi full warranty period. When this car goes abroad, you only get a BASIC standard MANUFACTURER warranty  and it drops to 2years an less Km. They "own" you at the warranty...Smiley

...that's just the STANDARD monopolistic selected country market manufacturer protection against "gray" market imported cars...

But this should not scare dedicated car loving enthusiast from buying/importing a "gray" market car. You still get  the same PORSCHE car. And when the price difference is ridiculously big, it does make much more sense.

Wonderbar:

Maria Sharapova is probably 6'6" in those heels.  i can't breathe, I can't breathe….

...she is about 6'4" without them. So about 6'9" in these rediculous for her height heels...no more winning tennis for her, only PORSCHEs and sugar candies... Smiley

ALL these execs and Maria at the presentation should off come out of the only ONE Macan car to confirm, that the car has a good practical/usable back seat /trunk space. Maria should off come out of the back seat to see that her heels still fit there... 

I think, that they may sacrifices a trunk space in a Macan, they "hide"/"miss on purpose" the display of that aspect of a car in all car pics... Smiley

But overall PORSCHE did NOT missed with this car. The price of a MacanTT is right and the power/torque figures are right for this car. Smiley

If they would of raised MacanTT price just a little bit more  in the US or lower the torque figure to CayenneS torque figure, for example, they would of MISSed the buying US market ...Smiley

Maria didn't look happy at this Macan presentation....

--

But on this pic she still looks great (click to enlarge)smileyS13_0377_fine.jpg

--

On the pic the Macan looks like a baby car …… it so low ( roof hight )

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Interesting: The Macan Turbo with Sport Chrono package needs 10.9 seconds from 0-160 kph (100 mph). The Cayenne Turbo needs only 0.4 seconds less. The PDK seems to give the Macan Turbo quite an advantage in acceleration. I wouldn't be surprise if the Macan Turbo does 0-200 kph (125 mph) in under 18 seconds, which would be quite amazing.

Right now, I am pretty sure that I am going to exchange our Cayenne GTS with a Macan Turbo at some point. The lease still lasts another 2 years but if my dealer makes me a good offer...  Not sure however if the dealer will have issues with Macan demand, I am pretty sure that in the first year of production, especially the Macan Diesel will have a 6-9 months, if not longer, delivery time.

So maybe it is going to be the Macan Turbo S in two years...if it is going to be available. Rumored power: 430 hp. Unfortunately the rumored price tag (base car) is 95k EUR.

According to rumors, options like black wheels and PCCB will be available after a while (starting with MY 2016?).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

I hate all the base colors offered on the US website now... It is a Porsche, why can't we have some real colors... Range Rover has way better choices...

KresoF1:

Carlos,

you nailed potential Macan problems.Smiley

Very sporty SUV... What the f.ck does that mean?

A SUV that drives like 991? Well, that is a lie. Because, even a 991C4S will drive circles around Macan Turbo on race track.

Why would someone with small family(like myself, wife and one kid) get a Macan Turbo as a first car(if 991 Turbo S acts like a sportscar)?

I will probably be fryed for this-for ME Audi SQ5 TDI or S6 Avant(if I want sport caravan) any time over Macan. And I am huge Porsche fan(specially latest 991 Turbo/Turbo S or 991 GT3)...

Hi Kreso,

with your last sentence you probably described the potential target group of the Macan quite well. People who don't like the Cayenne (too massive design, not sporty enough to drive), who want AWD and a "modest" car. You could either take an Audi A6 with a nice engine… or the Macan. Of course the A6 offers more interior space Smiley

And also potential Panamera buyers that will find the Macan a bargain...

SciFrog:

Panamera customers are not interested in the Macan as they are not interested in the Cayenne (from my experience) either. 

I think that many Cayenne buyers will consider getting a Macan and I also think that the Macan will attract many new buyers, especially those who didn't want a Cayenne, not because of it's size (most Cayenne owners I know don't really need the extra space, they want a luxury SUV) but because it was too expensive. Just compare the base price of the Macan Turbo and the Cayenne Turbo and you'll understand. The performance difference is minimal right now (things will look different after the facelift though).

Example (Germany): The Macan Turbo costs 80k EUR, the Cayenne Turbo costs 124k EUR. This means that the Cayenne costs 44k EUR more than the Macan. Yes, the Cayenne Turbo is bigger, faster (Vmax and 0-200 kph acceleration, also in the over 200 kph speed range) and has better off-road capabilities but let's be realistic, for 44k EUR, you almost get a new Boxster (base price is 49k EUR here).

That said, I think the Macan will steal many customers from the Cayenne and will hurt the Cayenne quite a lot, especially in Europe. However, I also think that Porsche will gain lots of new customers from other brands in the process. Overall, the Macan will be a winner and probably the most successful Porsche model ever over the next couple of years. Most successful model should be the cheapest Diesel model and no, it won't be the current Diesel S. Smiley

--

I see it being a big hit with the 30-40 years old, no kids . Most of them do not want a 911 and the Cayenne is too big for them , and for the Panamera they are too young . They want to look young , sporty, trendy, chic, elegant , at an acceptable price and image .

They will have all that with the Macan .

The Q5 is too ' boring' , family oriented for them, the station wagon in general too big and not a trendy image .

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

The Pistonheads reporter at LA did a quick check on rear room with the front seat set for a 6' driver;  a 6' tall rear passenger had his knees on the front seat and head brushing the ceiling so its not massive in there.

I think the Macan has a broad spectrum of potential customers.  It has to be a candidate for anyone wanting a 4 door, 4 seat compact car that offers a sporting intent over carrying capacity.  Plus, the brand alone will attract many even if its a compromise on size (perhaps even comfort).  Audi, BMW and RR have obvious direct rivals in terms of size/engine but I think it will draw people from the top end A4/3 series estates as well.  Then there will be some who want to down-size from large SUVs/estate cars but still want spend a reasonable amount for a perceived high quality product. 

--

Gen II Cayman S

my sister who lives in central London loves the Cayenne but never got one as it's too big for central London.

Macan is perfect for her and her family.

sfo:

my sister who lives in central London loves the Cayenne but never got one as it's too big for central London.

Macan is perfect for her and her family.

She is going to be disappointed. The Cayenne is only 2 cm wider than the Macan and only 15 cm longer. This is ridiculous. The size difference is very small and especially the width could be a challenge for many women in the city.

Comparison: The Macan Turbo is aprox. 4 cm wider than the current BMW X3 35d and 5 cm longer.

I am still not quite sure how big (or small) the trunk is. The photos don't really say much. The Cayenne Turbo has 670 l loading volume, the Macan Turbo only 500 l. Sounds like quite a difference. The X3 has 50 l more (550 l) and the X3 trunk isn't really big. This is actually my biggest concern with the Macan...the luggage room.

--

MKSGR:
    KresoF1:

Carlos,

A SUV that drives like 991? Well, that is a lie. Because, even a 991C4S will drive circles around Macan Turbo on race track.

Why would someone with small family(like myself, wife and one kid) get a Macan Turbo as a first car(if 991 Turbo S acts like a sportscar)?

I will probably be fryed for this-for ME Audi SQ5 TDI or S6 Avant(if I want sport caravan) any time over Macan. And I am huge Porsche fan(specially latest 991 Turbo/Turbo S or 991 GT3)...

Hi Kreso,

with your last sentence you probably described the potential target group of the Macan quite well. People who don't like the Cayenne (too massive design, not sporty enough to drive), who want AWD and a "modest" car. You could either take an Audi A6 with a nice engine… or the Macan. Of course the A6 offers more interior space Smiley

Hi Markus,

I speced "my" Macan Turbo and ended with €95K price(Germany). What can I get for same(or lower) amount?

Audi S6 Avant(full specs)

BMW M550d X drive Touring(full specs)

Audi SQ5 TDI(full specs about €20K less then Macan Turbo)

Macan Turbo has smallest trunk of all cars mentioned above and smallest rear bench. For me with one kid family that is not a big problem... My wife likes Macan a lot from exterior design point of view. But, there are better cars for her daily driving IMHO...Smiley

SciFrog:

That is true Smiley

KresoF1:
    MKSGR:
    KresoF1:

Carlos,

Hi Kreso,

Hi Markus,

I speced "my" Macan Turbo and ended with €95K price(Germany). What can I get for same(or lower) amount?

Macan Turbo has smallest trunk of all cars mentioned above and smallest rear bench. For me with one kid family that is not a big problem... My wife likes Macan a lot from exterior design point of view. But, there are better cars for her daily driving IMHO...Smiley

Hi Kreso, very much correct. It is now that Porsche offers a product that is similarly priced as these Audi/BMW products and also with a similar weight. One could argue that AWD sedan buyers have now a nice new option...

I would like to know if the Macan actually attracts more young women into the brand.  There are zillions of compact SUVs in my U.S. area (mostly BMWs) and they are almost all driven by women.  Will they go for a "sportier" and more expensive replacement?  I am sure Porsche did its marketing homework, but my sense is that the Macan will still be a car for males 30-45.   Any facts of views?

The big tranche will come when the 4 cyl variants come online. I can't see much Evoque repeat business...

--

991 (what a car!) XC90 - Black/Black 2 kids, 1 dog

KresoF1:

What about the Alpina D3/B3/XD3?  They strike me as closer rivals blending handling, performance and exclusivity.  The Audis may have the prestige to rival the Macan but they are really dull to drive.

--

Gen II Cayman S

KresoF1:
    MKSGR:
    KresoF1:

Carlos,

Hi Kreso,

Hi Markus,

You forgot the Alpina XD3. 350PS, starting at 67.000€. I think RCs wife has a normal X3 35d and he told us how fast this little SUV feels. Here in Munich you can order the Alpina at the BMW dealer, don't know about the situation in other countries.

bridggar:

The big tranche will come when the 4 cyl variants come online. I can't see much Evoque repeat business...

The majority of Evoques you see here are lower end models. With the base Macan set to cost around £37k before dipping into the options I doubt it will give the Evoque a lot of trouble. Also bear in mind that dealer allocations will be limited.

Honestly, I do not know if my wife is a role modelSmiley

She said that Macan looks good and that she likes Macan's exterior design much more then Cayenne's for example. But, in the end I think that you are right and that most Macan(specially Turbo version) willl be male in age 35-45.

I am still struggling to get good reason for choosing Macan turbo over cheaper and more capable(on the road, wet, snow or dry) Audi S6 Avant. IF it is only up to brend prestige...?

Look at my thinking about Porsche models and their competitors:

991 range-unique rear engine RWD/AWD sportscar with no real competitors

981 range-small mid engine sportscar with again almost no competitors(M4 Coupe is a sport limo with two doors)

Panamera-again almost no real competitors(maybe only Audi RS7 since it is 5 door sport limo)

Cayenne-RR, ML, Touareg, X5 etc in various versions. Cayenne most sporty.

Macan-Q5, X3, variuos A6/S6, 5 series various, E class T model various etc.

I think that'll depend on leasing options. I've heard this is set to boom in UK over next three years - as has the material transition back to petrol over derv....

--

991 (what a car!) XC90 - Black/Black 2 kids, 1 dog

KresoF1:

I am still struggling to get good reason for choosing Macan turbo over cheaper and more capable(on the road, wet, snow or dry) Audi S6 Avant. IF it is only up to brend prestige...?

One would have to test drive it to see if the Macan has a "special" handling and "feel" Smiley

I've pulled the trigger. The demand for this car is very high and the allocation in Austria for S and Turbo models is miserable. Our dealer (largest in Austria) gets 2014 around 60 S Diesel, 5-6 Turbo and 5-6 S. Right now no customer spec'd S slot is available for 2014 delivery anymore and only 1 Turbo slot for June 2014 delivery is open. The dealer is complaining because there is much more demand for S and Turbo models than Porsche HQ thinks. He has 3 S and 3 Turbos Dealer Launch Cars to choose from.

I've ordered today one of the dealer (or lets better say Porsche) spec'd cars with no chance to change anything. But I’m quite happy with the configuration. Initially I wanted an Macan S but with equal options the difference between S and Turbo is only 13k €. 

Only things missing are privacy glass but that can be retrofitted with foil and a trailer hitch which can also be retrofitted.

Delivery will be launch day 04.04.2014.

Macan Turbo 21" Rims Modell 95BAF1D1

400 PS/ 294 KW, PDK-Automatik-Getriebe
    Farbe: weiß/white (0Q0Q)
    Innen: schwarz/black (VF)
    Dachreling in schwarz lackiert (3S5)
    Fußmatten (0TD)
    Handyvorbereitung (9W5)
    Interieurpaket Klavierlack schwarz (5TL)
    Laderaummanagement (3GN)
    Online-Dienste (UN1)
    Panorama Dachsystem (3FU)
    ParkAssistent v+h inkl. Rückfahrkamera (7X8)
    Porsche Car Connect (PCC) (7G9)
    Radnabenabd. m. farbigem Porsche Wappen (1NP)
    Raucher-Paket (9JB)
    Seitenscheibenleiste schwarz (hochglanz) (QJ4)
    Sideblades Carbon (6H3)
    Sitzheizung vorne (4A3)
    Sonnenrollo Fondseitenfenster mechanisch (3Y4)
    Sport Chrono Paket bei PCM (QR5)
    Tempolimitanzeige (9Q6)
    Tempostat (8T1)

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/29/24 9:42 PM
    watt
    783957 1799
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    443293 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263629 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    262262 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    86321 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6073 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

882007 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    821357 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM