Crown

Board: Porsche - Macan Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: Porsche Macan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ioOiuE7Mow

And Porsche shot the thing in my home town, Vancouver.

--

Boy do I suck at embedding youtube, I NEVER got it right :(

--

Whoopsy:

Boy do I suck at embedding youtube, I NEVER got it right :(

Don't worry you're not the only one. 

I'm not 100% sure about the macan. On some of the pics I like it and on others not so much. I still need to see it in the metal, or proper pictures not just press release shots. 

does anybody know macan s has bixenon as standart in europe or it's an option? thanks

Think it's a great proposition, but still torn between this and the Audi SQ5 which I think look "meaner" to some extent and has better luggage capacity and headroom in the back seat.

I find it strange that Porsche does not offer LED-headlights as an option?? But maybe this would come later and also is something that is dedicated to the top models?

Looks like the Porsche dealer in Kuwait is at it again with their blatant robbery.: the Macan S is priced at the equivalent of 69000 USD before options and the Macan Turbo at 95000 USD before options.

So much for any semblance of savings over the Cayenne. This places the Macan Turbo firmly between the Cayenne GTS and Cayenne Turbo on the US pricing chart. Lucky Americans...

rulesdontapply

--

2008 Porsche Boxster S PDE2
    2012 Porsche Cayenne S

Pricing seems pretty fair to me, I've just specced up a fairly modest Macan diesel S and came up with a bottom line of £53k, pretty close to what a BMW X3 3.5D would cost. Good to see that tyre pressure monitoring is standard on Macan - should be so across the entire range. Would want to see and much more importantly drive one before I would sign an order though - The car won't be in the UK until April 2014,

--

Porsche 997 Carrera S PDK Aqua Blue / Black - Skoda Octavia Mk.3 daily drive

I just configured a Macan S: about $65k.  Air suspension, PTV, Bose, 3-zone climate, PCM, some other stuff...came out about 10k less than my similarly equipped Cayenne S did 10 years ago.

Porsche Macan: First Driving Footage...

Porsche Macan: First Driving Footage -- Video Link

Porsche Macan: The reveal of life, intensified...

Porsche Macan: The reveal of life, intensified -- Video Link

Porsche Macan: World Premiere at LA Auto Show...

Porsche Macan: World Premiere at LA Auto Show -- Video Link

Smiley SmileySmiley

neunelf:
    turbolite:

Good looking in my opinion, but once again I hate that price differnce between Switzerland and the USA. 

105 Suissies against  72 usd for the Turbo, that's 40% difference, crazy!! 

WE GET SCREWED SO BADLY BY PORSCHE IN THIS COUNTRY!!!! mail

Take a look at Global Car Trading. My wife just bought her Range Rover there and is very happy.

Will do, thanks. 

--

turbolite

Maria Sharapova is probably 6'6" in those heels.  i can't breathe, I can't breathe….

Uh, just looks like any other SUV from VW. I don't see what all the fuss is about. 

nice reveal shots in the old stomping grounds of Vancouver

they must be lowering this to the rock bottom for pic's as i think it isn't much different than my Cayenne based on that HK spec sheet of last week.

--

2013 Lotus Evora S/ 2008 Cayenne GTS Manual

2012 991 C2S -PDK / 2010 997.2 turbo cab manual, sold //2008 RS 60 sold /04 C4S sold - 08 Cayenne Turbo PDCC sold

What a cheesy presentation.

Anyone knows what kind of Blue tone is it (L.A. show)? 

huangester:

Sapphire Blue Metallic Smiley

RodoRS:
    huangester:

Sapphire Blue Metallic Smiley

thnks! the main question is it avaible  for order! it is not in configurator  Smiley

turbolite:
    neunelf:
    turbolite:

Good looking in my opinion, but once again I hate that price differnce between Switzerland and the USA. 

105 Suissies against  72 usd for the Turbo, that's 40% difference, crazy!! 

WE GET SCREWED SO BADLY BY PORSCHE IN THIS COUNTRY!!!! mail

Take a look at Global Car Trading. My wife just bought her Range Rover there and is very happy.

Will do, thanks. 

Get someone that you know in the US buy it for you there and then just ship it over…….

We have to play there game Smiley

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

The problem is the resale value. Personally I would not buy a used US Porsche in Europe, or it has to be with a big discount.

--

2012 Cayenne S White/Espresso 

Ex: 993 Targa, 986S, 986 and 964 C2

993Targa:

The problem is the resale value. Personally I would not buy a used US Porsche in Europe, or it has to be with a big discount.

Same here but I don't mind driving a German (or in our case Austrian) car. For most models they are practically identical.

bridggar:

Anyone know if PCC (Porsche Car Connect) is available for other models? Can it be retrofitted? Seems to be made by the same folks who do the PVTS system....

It will come to other models as far as I heard but retrofit will be challenging or rather impossible.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

KMM:

What a cheesy presentation.

They adapted it to their potential customer base. 

We here on Rennteam are  quite different from the typical Porsche customer base, at least this is what I have been told over and over again. Smiley Maybe we should start feeling flattered. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

neunelf:
    993Targa:

Same here but I don't mind driving a German (or in our case Austrian) car. For most models they are practically identical.

I know it can be a problem… but is ' psychological' not factual . Only difference is the yellow turn signal and the MPH on dash board .  ( something that can new changed )

I would not hesitate to do it with a Macan,  not sure with a 911 but then again, the problem is in the head, not factual .

As you buy it with 40 % discount in the US, you pass that discount forward when you sell it on the 2nd hand market . There are many people who will love owning a Porsche ( Macan ) for a good price !

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

The real issue is warranty. I doubt you get a warranty in Europe with a US car. Maybe the discount is worth it, but you never know.

Gnil:
    neunelf:
    993Targa:

I know it can be a problem… but is ' psychological' not factual . Only difference is the yellow turn signal and the MPH on dash board .  ( something that can new changed )

I would not hesitate to do it with a Macan,  not sure with a 911 but then again, the problem is in the head, not factual .

As you buy it with 40 % discount in the US, you pass that discount forward when you sell it on the 2nd hand market . There are many people who will love owning a Porsche ( Macan ) for a good price !

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Indeed. I'm also sure that official Porsche dealers will love Smiley to service US Macan versions, especially from the second hand market. Good luck with that. With more and more technology in Porsche cars, independent repair shops will have a very hard time to cope.

A little advice here: Porsche dealers in Europe already feel bad about the Macan and the second hand market will make things even worse for them. Since Porsche CI is mandatory in most European countries, it will be difficult for dealers to deal with lower prices (and lower margins) and at the same time with a challenging new customer base who think that by buying a 50k EUR Porsche, they deserve the same service and attention as somebody who buys a 150k EUR Porsche. Not easy. In the US things are easier since the Porsche CI does not forbid, as far as I know, to sell other brands within the same dealership. Also please consider the fact that many Porsche dealers, for example in Germany, don't even have enough room to display the Macan models or enough room in the repair shop for new models.

A huge challenge for dealers and most of them aren't happy.

--

noone1:

The real issue is warranty. I doubt you get a warranty in Europe with a US car. Maybe the discount is worth it, but you never know.

warranty is worldwide and can't be denied . Now, dealers can play it hard , making the experience slow and hard . It will all depend of the relationship you have with them and what you spend at their business.

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

RC:
    Indeed. I'm also sure that official Porsche dealers will love Smiley to service US Macan versions, especially from the second hand market. --

Of course they won't . But that is not your problem anymore once it is sold . 

As to when the car is new…. they will not be happy, but will not refuse it  ( they are actually not allowed to refuse it , at least here in Switzerland )  . What will make the experience ok or difficult is the relationship you have with the dealer . have you been a long term customers ? Do you spend money at their business ? If they refuse service to you will that imply a loss of other of their customers ? 

My dealer does complain about all the import ( US ) cars he has to deal with . It created a big problem in organizing all the services and repairs as there are so many more cars then what they sell ….. I don't know how they solved it , but now it seems fine . They never refused cars , maybe just gave then long waiting times for service .

I also don't know how they will cope at my dealer with the new customers ( Macan ) .  I thought they are already at the limit with the number of cars they can take care of  Smiley

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Gnil:
    noone1:

warranty is worldwide and can't be denied . Now, dealers can play it hard , making the experience slow and hard . It will all depend of the relationship you have with them and what you spend at their business.

Our Swiss Land Rover Dealer was more then happy to sell us winter tires for our Austrian Range Rover and stressed that they will be happy to service it. Seems like this discussion deserves its own thread—Swiss prices are simply not competitive Smiley

Gnil:
    RC:
    Indeed. I'm also sure that official Porsche dealers will love Smiley to service US Macan versions, especially from the second hand market. --

Of course they won't . But that is not your problem anymore once it is sold . 

As to when the car is new…. they will not be happy, but will not refuse it  ( they are actually not allowed to refuse it , at least here in Switzerland )  . What will make the experience ok or difficult is the relationship you have with the dealer . have you been a long term customers ? Do you spend money at their business ? If they refuse service to you will that imply a loss of other of their customers ? 

My dealer does complain about all the import ( US ) cars he has to deal with . It created a big problem in organizing all the services and repairs as there are so many more cars then what they sell ….. I don't know how they solved it , but now it seems fine . They never refused cars , maybe just gave then long waiting times for service .

I also don't know how they will cope at my dealer with the new customers ( Macan ) .  I thought they are already at the limit with the number of cars they can take care of  Smiley

Same thing in Germany, the dealer cannot refuse servicing a US car but he can make your life miserable but delaying repair shop appointments, etc.. No real fun, a customer of mine has a lot of (bad) experience in this field.

--

RC:

Also please consider the fact that many Porsche dealers, for example in Germany, don't even have enough room to display the Macan models or enough room in the repair shop for new models.

most, if not all UK showrooms, have plenty of display room.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    782306 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442955 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263533 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261996 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    86054 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6044 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881742 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    820046 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM