Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S

RC, what fuel octane levels have you been using and is available?  

Hank:

RC, what fuel octane levels have you been using and is available?  

VPower 100 octane...always, nothing less. There is a Shell fuel station near my hotel and pretty much every 20 km or so here in North Italy. Much better than in the past, no issues with fuel quality. However, one liter costs over 2 EUR here... Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Not sure if it works (photo upload) I have an iPad with me only.

1382213963725image.jpg

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Almost 2000 km and no oil consumption. Cannot post many photos now because I have to edit them.

1382214096528image.jpg

--

Last one for now but amazing...iPad upload works pretty well.

Another reason I wasn't street racing...speed traps...lots of them.

1382214182045image.jpg

--

Last one, couldn't resist. It gives you an idea of some of the roads... indecision

1382214356167image.jpg

--

100 octane is very rare in the U. S.  Best we can do is 93 and in California on 92 is common. Of course, you can 100 octane and higher at the track but not on the roads. 

Pic quality is amazing, which ipad gen are you using ? I may need to get a new one soon

Do you expect the engine to get more powerful once you approach the 10k mark ?

BiTurbo:

Pic quality is amazing, which ipad gen are you using ? I may need to get a new one soon

Photos were taken with Sony RX100 II (small enough to keep it in one hand but fast enough to deliver good photos). I uploaded them directly with my iPad 4 and the Safari browser, sorry for the large size (if you click on them).

My car already seems to run pretty well, considering the GT2RS encounter and other encounters but I wouldn't mind if it picks up more power at some point. Right now I don't feel the need for it. I (better said my son) stopped the time from 100 to 200 kph a couple of times, not very accurate I know, we used the speedo values but the results were between 6.1 and 6.3 seconds, so I guess the engine does quite well. Smiley I guess Porsche loves Rennteam. Smiley

--

Hank:

100 octane is very rare in the U. S.  Best we can do is 93 and in California on 92 is common. Of course, you can 100 octane and higher at the track but not on the roads. 

100 octane Europe equals 97 octane US. Smiley

--

Still no 97 here on the roads.

One of the older Porsche we've seen... (and Italians seem to love Porsche).

1382215450741image.jpg

--

Regarding that sound system.
    I came to the same conclusion (again). I Drove the Turbo S this week, for a couple of hours, which had the Burmester (standard in Switzerland as part of the free Swiss Package) and right after that I drove a C4S for comparison with the Turbo S. The C4S had the Bose. That Bose system in the 991 is even worse than the one in my Boxster. Simply rubbish.
    In a Carrera I would either get the Burmester of get the base and never turn that on. The Burmester sound really nice. Even if you're in a car, with all surrounding noises, a decent audio system makes a huge difference.

Nice to see you and your son are enjoying the trip BTW kiss

--

Suzy

For Suzy...

1382215503072image.jpg

--

RC:

For Suzy...

1382215503072image.jpg

Thanks!! Smiley awesome!!

Those cocktails and long drinks too! Smiley

--

Suzy

Thank you for the reply RC.

Your enthusiasm is contagious. I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on the TTS.

@Dario: These guys were racing on a public boardwalk, so what should we do about it? Arrest them? broken heart

1382215716175image.jpg

--

Italians are so cool about cars... kiss

1382215810892image.jpg

--

SuzyF:

Regarding that sound system.
    I came to the same conclusion (again). I Drove the Turbo S this week, for a couple of hours, which had the Burmester (standard in Switzerland as part of the free Swiss Package) and right after that I drove a C4S for comparison with the Turbo S. The C4S had the Bose. That Bose system in the 991 is even worse than the one in my Boxster. Simply rubbish.
    In a Carrera I would either get the Burmester of get the base and never turn that on. The Burmester sound really nice. Even if you're in a car, with all surrounding noises, a decent audio system makes a huge difference.

Nice to see you and your son are enjoying the trip BTW kiss

I wish some of you guys were here...great fun. Smiley Unfortunately we have to leave tomorrow, my son actually watched some YouTube videos from Monaco with some super sportscars and now he asked me if we cannot drive to Monaco tomorrow. Smiley You should have seen his face when I said no. Smiley

--

Hahaha the poor kid!

It's a nice drive form lake Garda to Monaco

--

Suzy

Found one photo with fuel consumption and average speed. It was even worse but I remembered taking a photo later on and the consumption already had dropped. 

1382216230102image.jpg

--

RC:
    Dario:

Pretty stupid racing in Public Road...  Sorry no understanding for that. 

The gt2 rs pulls mutch more in every gear than Turbo s. Despit off having just an ordinary 6 Speed manuel 0-300 in 28 secs vs 31 for the turbo s. Wish the the make a gt2 with 600hp+ with pdk...

Hmm, I get the feeling that this rather has to do with the fact that you ALWAYS contradict what I am saying than anything else. Smiley Did a Panamera Turbo S outrun you in the M5 or why that anger? Smiley I get it, you tune your M5 for showing off only. Smiley

I do not street race. This guy in the GT2 RS drove with a distance of about one meter to my tail at 80 kph or so and I just wanted to teach him some manners (which apparently I did because he passed me in a 60 kph zone at I think double the speed after he tried to pass me for at least 10 km and he lost 100 m or more after each curve Smiley). I was driving within the legal speed limit, my average speed was 50 kph (according to the onboard computer) and the fuel consumption was 24.9 l / 100 km. Smiley

Speaking of putting someone in danger: I'm a former rallye pro, tight curves and mountain roads are my specialty. Do you really think my wife would be that crazy to let me have a fun weekend with my son if she thinks I couldn't handle myself or would drive at the limit with a kid? My tires didn't even squeak today and you don't want to know what a blast we had. The road from Idro to Gargnano was pure fun and I think I spooked off some motorcycle riders, they stopped after me at the Valvestrino dam and told me that they had the feeling a jet passed them earlier (me Smiley). They took photos, so I wouldn't be surprised to find myself on the internet somewhere... Smiley

Took lots of photos and I will post some tomorrow or latest Monday. Wonderful day today, up to 21 degrees, sun and we even had the chance to watch a historical "race" (Circuito del Garda or something like that) with some very nice sounding and looking classic cars, incl. some Porsche 911, 356 and many Lancias and Alfas (Suzy would have loved it...).

We should do this drive in a group next summer, so much fun. Also, there was barely traffic, mostly motorcycles and some crazy Italians who always had to accelerate when I showed up in their rear mirror...not that the acceleration really helped. Smiley

Driving a sports car for showing off is everything I am against, I prefer to enjoy driving the car, not "showing it off to...complete strangers". What for? Smiley

So please spare me any good advice, you just outed yourselves as posers. There is nothing worse in the sports car community. Smiley

Btw: I offer a drive as a passenger next summer. If anyone calls this car boring or sterile after that, he must be nuts. I was driving today and I started to feel car sick, I had to give my son a travel sickness pill...too many curves today. He still told my wife this evening that it was the most fun day in his life. What does a father need to hear more? Smiley

--

Dear RC, M5 is gone beautiful M6 with competition paket is the replacement in frozen white and ceramic brakes. I am more than happy, (pics for those who want in the bmw sections no Problem). F12 berlinetta schedulde end of February. So you see i am not biased to one brand, and i still love my gt2 and more or less the cayenne turbo..

And giving some body a lesson in public roads and this even from a semi/ professional rally driver.. Even less understanding.... Never heard that from a "Professional driver"

RC:
    BiTurbo:

Photos were taken with Sony RX100 II (small enough to keep it in one hand but fast enough to deliver good photos). I uploaded them directly with my iPad 4 and the Safari browser, sorry for the large size (if you click on them).

My car already seems to run pretty well, considering the GT2RS encounter and other encounters but I wouldn't mind if it picks up more power at some point. Right now I don't feel the need for it. I (better said my son) stopped the time from 100 to 200 kph a couple of times, not very accurate I know, we used the speedo values but the results were between 6.1 and 6.3 seconds, so I guess the engine does quite well. Smiley I guess Porsche loves Rennteam. Smiley

--

No problem with image size from my side! Smiley

Last time I purchased a Sony digi-cam was some time back in 2003, something like Cybershot ? but I'll pay them a visit and may pick one up to keep it in my beaters glove box instead of carrying the Nikon D700 which requires rock steady hands to get a good snap Smiley

The RX100 II is quite a good camera for it's size. The other shots I will post are actually much better.

REALLY last (unedited) shot...

1382217491036image.jpg

--

The Agate looks very similar to Anthracite in that last pic

Dario:
    RC:
    Dario:

Pretty stupid racing in Public Road...  Sorry no understanding for that. 

The gt2 rs pulls mutch more in every gear than Turbo s. Despit off having just an ordinary 6 Speed manuel 0-300 in 28 secs vs 31 for the turbo s. Wish the the make a gt2 with 600hp+ with pdk...

Hmm, I get the feeling that this rather has to do with the fact that you ALWAYS contradict what I am saying than anything else. Smiley Did a Panamera Turbo S outrun you in the M5 or why that anger? Smiley I get it, you tune your M5 for showing off only. Smiley

I do not street race. This guy in the GT2 RS drove with a distance of about one meter to my tail at 80 kph or so and I just wanted to teach him some manners (which apparently I did because he passed me in a 60 kph zone at I think double the speed after he tried to pass me for at least 10 km and he lost 100 m or more after each curve Smiley). I was driving within the legal speed limit, my average speed was 50 kph (according to the onboard computer) and the fuel consumption was 24.9 l / 100 km. Smiley

Speaking of putting someone in danger: I'm a former rallye pro, tight curves and mountain roads are my specialty. Do you really think my wife would be that crazy to let me have a fun weekend with my son if she thinks I couldn't handle myself or would drive at the limit with a kid? My tires didn't even squeak today and you don't want to know what a blast we had. The road from Idro to Gargnano was pure fun and I think I spooked off some motorcycle riders, they stopped after me at the Valvestrino dam and told me that they had the feeling a jet passed them earlier (me Smiley). They took photos, so I wouldn't be surprised to find myself on the internet somewhere... Smiley

Took lots of photos and I will post some tomorrow or latest Monday. Wonderful day today, up to 21 degrees, sun and we even had the chance to watch a historical "race" (Circuito del Garda or something like that) with some very nice sounding and looking classic cars, incl. some Porsche 911, 356 and many Lancias and Alfas (Suzy would have loved it...).

We should do this drive in a group next summer, so much fun. Also, there was barely traffic, mostly motorcycles and some crazy Italians who always had to accelerate when I showed up in their rear mirror...not that the acceleration really helped. Smiley

Driving a sports car for showing off is everything I am against, I prefer to enjoy driving the car, not "showing it off to...complete strangers". What for? Smiley

So please spare me any good advice, you just outed yourselves as posers. There is nothing worse in the sports car community. Smiley

Btw: I offer a drive as a passenger next summer. If anyone calls this car boring or sterile after that, he must be nuts. I was driving today and I started to feel car sick, I had to give my son a travel sickness pill...too many curves today. He still told my wife this evening that it was the most fun day in his life. What does a father need to hear more? Smiley

--

Dear RC, M5 is gone beautiful M6 with competition paket is the replacement in frozen white and ceramic brakes. I am more than happy, (pics for those who want in the bmw sections no Problem). F12 berlinetta schedulde end of February. So you see i am not biased to one brand, and i still love my gt2 and more or less the cayenne turbo..

And giving some body a lesson in public roads and this even from a semi/ professional rally driver.. Even less understanding.... Never heard that from a "Professional driver"

You should talk to Walter Röhrl about teaching lessons. angry Like me, he hates it when someone doesn't keep the safety distance on public roads.

Other than that, congrats...the F12 is a great choice, the M6 not that much but I guess you knew I would say that. 

--

BiTurbo:

The Agate looks very similar to Anthracite in that last pic

It is a very weird color. Sometimes I see shades of brown and when there is a bit of dust on the car, it looks like a matte grey. I cannot say I love the color but in combination with the red interior, it is a very interesting combo. This is a very "technical" color for the Turbo S. Emotional colors would be red and yellow but I still think, somehow, the best color is white (in combination with the glass roof and black/Carrera red bi-color interior). Blue and brown are elegant, the silver tones somewhere between elegant and technical. Black is stealth and aggressive at the same time. I wish Porsche would offer more (immediately available) colors. Smiley

--

Christian i cant Drive with a P car to clients but yes with the m car that works. Gt2 is a garage queen and Fun car, the berlinetta will also be a fun car, at the end i need something to drive daily with out social aspects. You can be happy if your client dont care when you aproaching with the turbo s. I couldnt do that nor in a panamera. Also the cayenne is on its limits concerning Social aspects in my business. 

Ps, why not just give way a car witch has 1 meter distance to yours. Maybe the smarter lesson.

Christian, do you still have that rattle in the sunroof? I noticed the car I drove also had a rattle when driving on bad roads (glass sunroof).

--

Suzy

Dario:

Christian i cant Drive with a P car to clients but yes with the m car that works. Gt2 is a garage queen and Fun car, the berlinetta will also be a fun car, at the end i need something to drive daily with out social aspects. You can be happy if your client dont care when you aproaching with the turbo s. I couldnt do that nor in a panamera. Also the cayenne is on its limits concerning Social aspects in my business. 

Ps, why not just give way a car witch has 1 meter distance to yours. Maybe the smarter lesson.

I couldn't give way since there were too many curves ahead of us and he could have passed me only if I would have slowed down to 20-30 kph maybe. Not clever if this guy drives like me with 80 or more kph and I can't even read his license plate. Smiley So why should I? He passed me in a 60 kph zone with full acceleration, so this should tell you enough about that guy. He had a woman in the car with him, well... Smiley

I get the client thing but then, I would rather get an AMG Mercedes. I don't know but lately, I'm not too much into BMW anymore. Btw: On my way to Lake Garda, we were driving in the dark, I "met" a half (only front and rear) camoflaged BMW 6 series in Italy, license plate M-DJ. Car had normal exhaust pipes, so I guess this was either some sort of facelift or a sport package of some kind.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM