Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 991 Turbo S - Short Driving Report (owner)

i am going for sporty , so meaning  Black/Carrera Red . 

Exterior color 991 Turbo s ( White VS GT Silver which is better , sporty and sweeter color ) .

Thanks,

I ordered GT Silver Metallic and the Black/Carrera Red interior.  It's being built this month with an expected delivery to my dealer by mid December.  When is your lock on changes on your build?  If it's not until mid december I can post pictures if you would like.  

The wait is agonizing Smiley 18

Congrats RC to your new Monster. The whole thread with the amount of beautiful pics is just great. kiss

Enjoy this beat in good health and take care of your license. smiley

Next year .

Geez, when the color impacts the performance then I will care.  Until then - who gives a flying...

I guess I also don't care if it is brand new or not.  It was new at some point - for exactly 60 seconds.  BTW - just made my last payment on my 997TT.  I had a payment for almost five months - a first for me in 30+ years of 911 ownership.  I guess I like the color of money - green - and money for gas and tires.

Leawood911:

Geez, when the color impacts the performance then I will care.  Until then - who gives a flying...

I guess I also don't care if it is brand new or not.  It was new at some point - for exactly 60 seconds.  BTW - just made my last payment on my 997TT.  I had a payment for almost five months - a first for me in 30+ years of 911 ownership.  I guess I like the color of money - green - and money for gas and tires.

This is very subjective.

To some, owning a car specified to one's own tastes is an integral part of the ownership experience.

Of course a lightly used car will always be better value for money...but then again, it's a choice.

Leawood911:

Let's just review, 996 triple black, 997S triple black, 997TT triple black. You begin to remind me of Henry Ford "any color you want, as long as it is black". Smiley

so...did you let 'her rip' yet ?

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

It is estimated that almost 35% of all Porsche's on the road today are some shade of silver. If you want your car to lack distinction and be one of the many go with silver. Personally, if silver was to be the color I would go with Rhodium Silver. It is elegant, refined and rich looking befitting a 991TT. An expresso interior or similar shade color would add to the richness. 

Love white exterior with red/black combo interior...DSC02509.jpg

Sorry I couldn't reply to some questions earlier but I enjoyed a week of beach and sun in Miami (actually Sunny Isle Beach), so please forgive me. Now I'm back to the cold...ehm...Germany but I actually missed my car. indecision

Speaking of exterior colors and interior color combos: Like Suzy already said, it is your money and your taste, please try to find what you like most. It is very difficult for me to give any particular advice because tastes are different and it also depends on where you live and drive your car. In Miami, I saw two guards red 991 Carrera S and while I would never buy a guards red 991 in Germany, in Miami, this color just looked perfect. Both cars were driven by guys, so...

Speaking of cars and regions: I'm not so sure I would drive a 991 Turbo S if I would live in Miami. I would probably rather choose a 991 Carrera S Cabriolet and PSE (for nice sound). Also saw a couple of Lamborghini Gallardo Spider over there, very nice car for Miami. Same goes to the Jaguar F-type.

Which brings me back to the topic at hand: Buy what you think suits yourself best and do not listen to others. You need to drive the car and live with the colors and options you chose, not somebody else. If you order a 991 Turbo S, just keep in mind that this is a sports car, not a Panamera. So choose more sporty colors/combos, avoid too much elegance because in the end, it will make the car look and feel more like a GT. If this is how you prefer it, do it. Your money, your choice. 

Somebody asked about delays in Turbo/Turbo S production. I'm not aware of any delays but I heard that orders have picked up strongly. Maybe this is the reason for a possible(?) delay, I don't know. I am going to be at my dealer on Wednesday, he can surely tell me if there is a delay or not because he is only a small dealer and any delay would surely affect him immediately.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Welcome back home.  I always to go Sunny Isles and then go on long walks south on the beach... nice scenery on your right. 

Leawood911:

I always to go Sunny Isles and then go on long walks south on the beach... nice scenery on your right. 

Would that be a nudist colony by any chance..Smiley Smiley

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

Hello everybody , today i went to the porsche agency by chance and for the first time i saw a GT silver color and Rhodium silver color on the nature my wish has been achieved to see those colors in porsche agency smiley the GT silver is a coupe while the Rhodium silver is a cabriolet here the pictures

13835928398742013-10-08 14.36.36.jpg

2013-10-08 14.36.36.jpg

13835928794952013-10-08 14.36.54.jpg

13835929654722013-10-08 14.37.23.jpg

2013-10-08 14.29.04.jpg

13835937530452013-10-08 14.38.51.jpg

13835961575232013-10-08 14.37.23.jpg2013-10-08 14.37.52.jpg13835961964352013-10-08 14.54.39.jpg

look at those two different colors ,GT silver color has a rich and darkness color while the Rhodium silver has a lightly color

13835965980622013-10-08 14.54.07.jpg

Sorry for the bad photography , Guys , what color you will prefer for 991 Turbo s GT silver , Rhodium silver or white ?

I think the GT silver color is brilliant , with Carrera Red natural leather or two ton bi color Black/Carrera Red .

what do you think of GT silver color with Carrera Red interior that on the picture ? I want to build my 991 Turbo s . Tomorrow is the Dubai Motor Show International and i 'm so glad to see 991 Turbo s .

Thanks

I ordered GT silver and black/Carrera red interior for my 991 tts. I dont like Rhodium silver coz of the blue hue. It's my taste for a sporty and luxury tts. The best choice for you is what color you like best, it's your car!

Does anyone know if you can order the interior in black/cognac 2tone? I don't know if I would like my steering wheel in that espresso color.

Also when you order the deviated stitching on the steering wheel. Can you get it in any combination like black with yellow stitching instead of the black/red?

And why is porsche not offering a sport exhaust on the turbo? Is that something they may offer down the line?

I promise this is my last question :) I currently own a 997.2 turbo cab with tubi exhaust. I'm very happy with it except some rattle and creek noise at low speed when the soft top is up. I've been to my dealer several times for this. They are really nice guys and have tried their best but so e annoying noise is still there. So now this is the only thing holding me back from ordering a 991 turbo s cabriolet. Does anyone know if these problems exist in the 991 cabriolet? 

Thanks. 

SleepDocNY:

Does anyone know if you can order the interior in black/cognac 2tone? I don't know if I would like my steering wheel in that espresso color.

Also when you order the deviated stitching on the steering wheel. Can you get it in any combination like black with yellow stitching instead of the black/red?

And why is porsche not offering a sport exhaust on the turbo? Is that something they may offer down the line?

I promise this is my last question :) I currently own a 997.2 turbo cab with tubi exhaust. I'm very happy with it except some rattle and creek noise at low speed when the soft top is up. I've been to my dealer several times for this. They are really nice guys and have tried their best but so e annoying noise is still there. So now this is the only thing holding me back from ordering a 991 turbo s cabriolet. Does anyone know if these problems exist in the 991 cabriolet? 

Thanks. 

Two-tone black-cognac is possible, via Porsche Exclusive. You can contact Porsche Exclusive North America and ask for Melissa. She can inform you about the possibillities.
    http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesandservices/exclusive/contactus/

The deviated stitching on the steering wheel is available with a lot of different colors. Accordeing to the German website in the colors:
    Silver, Racing yellow, Guards red, Black, White, Platinum grey, Pebble grey, Cream, Yachting blue, Luxor beige, Espresso, Umbra, Aqua blue, Peridot, Amber orange, Agate grey, Limegold, Cognac, Carrera red.

The other questions I can't really answer, other than that I know that there are polished titanium Sport tailpipes availble from march 2014. But those are only the tips, not a Sports exhaust system
    This is more something for RC to answer I guess indecision

--

Suzy

Wow. That was quick :)

Thanks Suzy. I will definitely get in touch with Melissa. Appreciate the helpful tips. 

SleepDocNY

Suzy, you had mentioned that you saw a 911 turbo s at the IAA in oryx white that was like a pearl white. The only white I see on the us web site is the Carrera white. Do you know if they offer that color in the US as well? Would that be something that Melissa could help me with?

thanks

Oryx white is a Color to Sample color, not a standard color. This is also available via Porsche Exclusive, but it will delay your delivery by 6 months.

Almost everything is possible at Porsche, as long as you pay for it and have a lot of patience indecision

--

Suzy

SleepDocNY:

Thanks. 

You should read ALL posts regarding the 991 Turbo/S. It may take a while because there are many posts but some (if not all) of your questions would be answered.

Before even thinking about a sport exhaust, drive the 991 Turbo S first. The car is not as "muted" as the previous 997 Turbo S was. Especially over 3000 rpm, the sound is quite acceptable.

I cannot say anything about rattle/creek noises on the 991 Turbo S Cab since I haven't driven one yet but I heard that rigidity has been improved further vs the old 997 Turbo S Cab.

No, as far as I heard, there won't be any sport exhaust available from Porsche, not even down the road.

Black/cognac bi-color could be possible through Exclusive department, your dealer has to check with them. If possible, it would delay the delivery time substantially and I wouldn't even want to speculate about cost since this would be a special order. Not recommended. Stick to Espresso/Cognac bi-color, it looks very nice, especially with a white exterior but it also looks good on a black car.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Thanks RC. 

That's what I want too… black/cognac.  The espresso is beautiful but throws me off just a bit for some reason.  A big consideration for me, though, is that I'm going to keep the car 10 years so...

The perfect car for Miami is the Ferrari California. That's why I got one 😛

SciFrog:

The perfect car for Miami is the Ferrari California. That's why I got one 😛

Nope. It is the F-type V8 S in my opinion. "Cheap", loud, good looking and comfortable too.

I would rather get a Gallardo Spider than a California for similar money.

I get your point though but to each his own I guess. Smiley

--

Thus there is no such thing as a "perfect" car to everyone… it's subjective :)

keithos27:

Thus there is no such thing as a "perfect" car to everyone… it's subjective :)

Of course it is subjective. My wife would prefer a Bentley Cab in Miami but I cannot see myself in such a car, not even at 60. Smiley I saw a red F-type at Aventura Mall recently and I really liked it. I truly think this is one of the perfect cars for a region like Miami. A 991 Cab wouldn't hurt either but I am trying to find the perfect combo of power, looks and price tag. I don't know how the F-type is perceived in the US, over here in Germany is certainly has a more masculine image than the Boxster for example.

I also saw the new Corvette but I'm not so sure about this car. I though I'd like it more than the old one but I don't.

To be frank, I like the Gallardo Spider most for a region like Miami, I don't know why. I wouldn't want to drive one in Germany.

For a speed limited country, very powerful and expensive cars don't make much sense in my opinion. Unless you really have the money and don't care too much. 

If money wouldn't be an issue, I would probably drive an Aventador Roadster in Miami. Saw one (white or some sort of pearl white) and just loved it. My son almost had a heart attack after he saw the car, he loved it. Smiley

--

White Aventadors are AWESOME!  Your son has good taste!  :)

keithos27:

White Aventadors are AWESOME!  Your son has good taste!  :)

Well...this year, we (me and my wife separately) participated in the Green Card lottery. With some luck, I am going to drive a white Aventador in Miami in a couple of years. Smiley Well...the F-type in white would suffice too. Smiley

--

Nice, good luck!  :)

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688925 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408890 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255611 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234862 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65451 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4638 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857715 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773662 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM