Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 - Carrera Language: English Region: Worldwide Sticky: yes Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA Thread Closed

watt:

The morning fog blankets the Pacific Ocean and hides alot of non anal behaviour....

IMG_2309.JPG

I was amazed by this phenomenon last month in LA, took this picture in the Canyons behind Santa Monica/Malibu

Re: SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA Thread Closed

Some gorgeous pictures on this thread. Cars, animals, nature... I can even do without pictures of food and women for a while then. Smiley

If you don´t mind me asking, what makes you leave this gorgeous place? 

watt:
    amazon:

Sorry guys, but I love my cars more than my clothes or anything else ... It would be impossible for me to treat my cars like that.

That poor 991's interior. Smiley

I've known guys with garage queens, but you're the first closet queen!!!Smiley  While you're sitting home naked to avoid wear and tear on your clothes and your car, we're out having fun.Smiley My interior looks brand new as it's detailed regularly.  Of course my clothes are shorts and hiking shoes unless i go to the office.

i'll see if we have any anal approved 991 uses around hereSmiley

IMG_1180.JPG

nice shot of the can of Canadian beer

--

2012 991 C2S -PDK / 2010 997.2 turbo cab manual, sold / 2008 Cayenne GTS Manual /2008 RS 60 sold /04 C4S sold - 08 Cayenne Turbo PDCC sold

BjoernB:

P1010543.JPG

Alaskan Malamute we walk of a friend in winter - he has the same weight as my wife - quite funny how HE walks her....

Both are gorgeous.kiss Clearly your wife loves being with the dog.

Watt, what can I say. I always look forward to your posts.

I have great empathy for you - my yellow lab is 11 and has a good deal of orthopedic issues. Our hikes have shrunk massively as well - she misses most of the good ones these days. It's a bitter thing to have to deal with, but their demeanor remains so cheery and joyful that it's somehow easier. Your pictures definitely choked me up a bit.

I hope Sun remains the happy boy he seems to be, and that you've got many more adventures to share!

Porker:
    watt:

The morning fog blankets the Pacific Ocean and hides alot of non anal behaviour....

IMG_2309.JPG

I was amazed by this phenomenon last month in LA, took this picture in the Canyons behind Santa Monica/Malibu

PORKER!!  YOU MUST HAVE BEEN INSIDE SADDLEPEAK NEIGHBOURHOOD TO GET THAT ANGLE?  THAT SURE LOOKS LIKE PIUMA ROAD IN MALIBU!!!  A TRULY GREAT PORSCHE ROAD AS IS OUR ENTIRE MOUNTAIN

the shot i posted is from my south deck, not far away ON THE OCEAN SIDE

Ferdie:

Some gorgeous pictures on this thread. Cars, animals, nature... I can even do without pictures of food and women for a while then. Smiley

Ferdie,
    Smiley to your first sentiment!!  By this gorgeous place are you referring to Malibu or Wyoming? 

CPA4S, having grown up in upstate NY --  canadian and Labatt 50!!!!! 

JesseBank:

Watt, what can I say. I always look forward to your posts.

I have great empathy for you - my yellow lab is 11 and has a good deal of orthopedic issues. Our hikes have shrunk massively as well - she misses most of the good ones these days. It's a bitter thing to have to deal with, but their demeanor remains so cheery and joyful that it's somehow easier. Your pictures definitely choked me up a bit.

I hope Sun remains the happy boy he seems to be, and that you've got many more adventures to share!

Jesse and Nick,  thanks for your sentiments --  Sun is doing very well, even did 3 miles for my birthday, he's limted by his cousin Storm's arthritus more than his own age...  Here, on our home trail a mile from home is a familiar trait -- rolling in the dirt, wet from the creek with the Pacific Ocean instead

IMG_1673.JPG

OUR DAILY CROSSING

IMG_1748.JPG

AND COUSIN SKY AND COUSIN STORM

IMG_1882.JPG

On the home trail with Our Lord's Candle. The picture that Porker posted is the other side of this skyline at left edge of this pic

IMG_0094.jpg

Bjeorn,

that winter coat looks on target  in the snow!!  Those dogs get pretty hot in CA, its bad enough for yellow Labs...  In honour of your kitten and his pet hedgehog, here's Stormy with his buddy Tiger, now 20 years with us in coyote country, our longest lived cat  ever!!!

IMG_1738.JPG

And Jesse,

God bless your girl.

Thanks Watt. I had to add this one into the conversation. We just moved to Boulder and are busily exploring the area. The old girl did a solid 6 miles today, not too shabby.

1.JPG

Did you say you're from Upstate NY? I grew up in Geneseo, and did my undergrad in Saratoga Springs. Had many a fun night courtesy of Molson's and Labatts myself.

A cat that has lived for 20 years period is very impressive, much more so for having lived in coyote country. I would really like to have the opportunity to meet that cat!

I have a wildcat in my neighborhood which the first time I saw him, I turned the garden hose on him to drive him off my property! Later I discovered that he had been left behind by some neighbors when they moved away and was a former house cat now doing what he could to live off the land. I am now one of the very select few who can pet the cat and I do offer him food and water when he comes around. As a bonus, I haven't had a lawn mower in my storage shed damaged by mice in many years (which used to be a regular problem).

Much to my dog's dismay, we now have a mutually beneficial relationship.  wink

Great dogs think alike.  My wife loves that picture of your girl contemplating nature

IMG_1163.JPG

6 miles is great...  the rockies are beautiful, with that glacial aspect!  I grew up in Lewiston, then Ithaca NY..... lots of sailing in Toronto which led to more Canadian.....  and more Labatt 50...

Gladstone:

A cat that has lived for 20 years period is very impressive, much more so for having lived in coyote country. I would really like to have the opportunity to meet that cat!

I have a wildcat in my neighborhood which the first time I saw him, I turned the garden hose on him to drive him off my property! Later I discovered that he had been left behind by some neighbors when they moved away and was a former house cat now doing what he could to live off the land. I am now one of the very select few who can pet the cat and I do offer him food and water when he comes around. As a bonus, I haven't had a lawn mower in my storage shed damaged by mice in many years (which used to be a regular problem).

Much to my dog's dismay, we now have a mutually beneficial relationship.  wink

Gladstone,

We too had a wild kitten come to us once, which is hard since the next nearest home is 1/4 miles away with lots of coyotes.  She lived in the chicken coop for a while, then would sneak in at night to eat and play on my son's bed but only he could pet her.  Then she was gone.  Due to her character, my son named her Chuck Norris, our only cat not starting with 'T' [the dogs are 'S' and the humans "W', the chickens 'F's']

Tiger's next longest friend here was Twang who lasted 11 years, then Tripper at 10 and Ted at 8, Tina at 5.. most of our cats  have the sense to stay inside the fence...

watt:

Great dogs think alike.  My wife loves that picture of your girl contemplating nature

IMG_1163.JPG

6 miles is great...  the rockies are beautiful, with that glacial aspect!  I grew up in Lewiston, then Ithaca NY..... lots of sailing in Toronto which led to more Canadian.....  and more Labatt 50...

Lewiston? That's my border crossing of choice as I live less than an hour away.  We would go over to Niagara on weekends because the bars used to stay open later than on the Canadian side. Labatt 50 was the first beer I ever tried as my Dad used to drink it. I still remember that first taste and I think I was only about 10.

JesseBank:

Did you say you're from Upstate NY? I grew up in Geneseo, and did my undergrad in Saratoga Springs. Had many a fun night courtesy of Molson's and Labatts myself.

Endicott, NY, myself, for 2 years.

--

2005 997S Blk/Blk

Sun leads up canyon

IMG_2341.JPG

Storm and Sky behind in the morning shade.  You can tell its hot from the murk hanging on the ocean horizon

IMG_2344.JPG

Storm, the Little Engine that Could, puffin' and huffin' out of the creek arthritus and all

IMG_2348.JPG

the 991 is much prettier in lines from the side than the previous cars-even on dirtSmiley

IMG_0999.JPG

Lord Sun atop King Mountain!

IMG_0292.JPG

IMG_0294.JPG

Porsches are so restful, time for a nap

IMG_2352.JPG

watt:
    Porker:
    watt:

IMG_2309.JPG

PORKER!!  YOU MUST HAVE BEEN INSIDE SADDLEPEAK NEIGHBOURHOOD TO GET THAT ANGLE?  THAT SURE LOOKS LIKE PIUMA ROAD IN MALIBU!!!  A TRULY GREAT PORSCHE ROAD AS IS OUR ENTIRE MOUNTAIN

the shot i posted is from my south deck, not far away ON THE OCEAN SIDE

Absolutely right, that's on Piuma road, I headed right on PCH on to Las Flores Cyn Rd and ended up there. Was thrilled with the roads I'd discovered. We ended up in Cornell in a place called 'Old Place' and stayed there all night. Best day of our stay in LA. Smiley

Well Porker, i wish Id known you were near and could have invited you over for cocktails! For you and all Rennteamers, please advise me if you're coming to Malibu and please come by.  You can tell by my photos we are very near your route - these are my home roads.

Las Flores to Piuma Road over to Cornell is one of my frequent canyon slammer routes... Running up hill on Piuma the sound of our stradale exhaust blasting off the rock walls brought gales of laughter to my son and I coming home from soccer practise....Smiley

and stopping in mudslides to moves rocks out of the way of the strad to get home...running over a rock in my first strad and realising these cars are tough!  And multiple flat tyres in 996 and 997 turbos from rock falls after rain... And putting the 2002 gt2 completely sideways with too much power out of a curve.. My son feeling gt2 turbo power for the first time, and recording the sound of the scud exhaust crackling off the cliffs!  Its living for sure the Piuma way.Smiley

you could tell from the tight curves strads and scuds are much better geared for these roads than modern porsches, gt3s were particularly unsuited gearwise...  I put an "airport" set in my 72 911s which redlined in top gear at 115, which was great on piuma.... Irritating every where else

I have never seen someone letting his dog live on the passenger seat of a new 911. I have a 911, and I have a dog, and I love both of them, but I couldn't do that. enlightened

Amazing photos and a touching story.

TomSilver:

I have never seen someone letting his dog live on the passenger seat of a new 911. I have a 911, and I have a dog, and I love both of them, but I couldn't do that. enlightened

Amazing photos and a touching story.

Tom,

here's Sun's other rig.  Smiley  But he prefers the scud only when being picked up at his girlfriend's house

IMG_0843.JPG

1377982960534IMG_0835.JPG

Ok, now you are officially the coolest man on earth blush

I always love to read your posts wink

Good taste...beautiful lifestyle kiss

watt:
    Ferdie:

Ferdie,
    Smiley to your first sentiment!!  By this gorgeous place are you referring to Malibu or Wyoming? 

Ahem,

I meant Malibu. If I don´t mix things up you intended to move to the other side of the Pacific? 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690586 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409824 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256060 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235292 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65721 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4699 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858507 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774771 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM