Crown

Board: Porsche - Carrera GT / 918 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 918 latest news Thread Closed

Nick, you know how to live.kiss

--

"A man wrapped up in himself makes for a very small bundle."

Whoopsy:

Depends on how you count as delivery :)

I am taking the car today and will be driving it to Italy to visit Ferrari and Lamborghini before returning to Stuttgart and do another factory and museum tour. Then they shop my car back to Canada so I can take a proper home town delivery in about 6-10weeks

Weather is quite OK right now but there will be some snow involved here and there over the next couple of days, especially in Bavaria and Austria. Careful! Do you have winter tires?

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

congrat Nick, beautifull ,and I can see you put yellow in ur black colour...

RC:
    Whoopsy:

I am taking the car today and will be driving it to Italy to visit Ferrari and Lamborghini before returning to Stuttgart and do another factory and museum tour. Then they shop my car back to Canada so I can take a proper home town delivery in about 6-10weeks

Weather is quite OK right now but there will be some snow involved here and there over the next couple of days, especially in Bavaria and Austria. Careful! Do you have winter tires?

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

As far as I see from the pics winter tires are on the car.

KresoF1:
    RC:
    Whoopsy:

--

As far as I see from the pics winter tires are on the car.

Stupid me, should have recognized the rims. Smiley

--

Whoopsy:

when you are going to Ferrari?

If you transit from Como/autostrada dei laghi, Saturday or Sunday let me know,we can meet at least for make two pics of the carsSmiley

Smiley

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II(sold),2011 Cayenne Turbo(sold),waiting 991 GT3 RS

Whoopsy, remember to post "dirty winter 911R"-pic to social media and look people weep about destroying cultural heritage.

Cool car : )

Nice combo, at least you didn't go for all black and use silver rims!

Gonna combine a bunch of replies into one.

I didn't actually 'pick' Leipzig. Doing European delivery was a very last minute thing. I didn't spec it when I ordered the car. The car was produced in Dec/2016, scheduled to arrived at my dealership Feb 25th. But during the first week of January, I was talking to my buddy who will be joining me in Finland for ice driving and discussed it would be cool if I can pick up the R and do a road trip around Europe to visit all the factories before Finland. So I asked Porsche to put a hold on my car in order for me to pick it up, and in a specific week no less. Initially they said they needed a few months in advance notice and can't do it. I told them there is no need to schedule anything, I am just gonna drop by and pick up the car and go, I don't need the other usual European delivery stuff. And then they came back and said they have a spot for Feb 23rd, same week I requested, but it will be in Leipzig as Zuffenhausen's customer center will be closed for renovation. (not that Liepzig is not, it is also under renovation and only doing 8 customer deliveries a day, but it will be finished next week). 

So now my date is set. But then they had required me to drop the car back off at Leipzig after I am done, cause they need to take off the loaner winter tires and put my original wheel and tires back on. I told them no, that's impossible as I will not be driving back to Leipzig, I am heading to Stuttgart and I will be dropping off the car there, Again they told me that's not possibly be cause of the winter tires. I told them in that case I will just buy that winter tire set from them, and have them ship me the original tire set to Canada. Again they told me that's impossible, cause they cannot ship wheel and tire set directly. So I replied to the that I will keep the winter tire set and pay them for it and I will re-order my original wheel and tires again when I get back to Vancouver. They can keep my 'original' original set in Leipzig forever, I under no circumstances will return the car back to Leipzig. In the end, the 918 Spyder Circle heard about what happened and stepped in to take care of the transportation of the car from Stuttgart back to Leipzig. 

So finally all is set. I think Porsche is not quite happy with me cause I short circuit their procedures, or basically disregard their procedures . But then again they know me and this is not the first time I go around their procedures. Not the first time, not the last time. 

I actually had the full delivery experience today, including a factory tour. But they had their 'payback' on me. They had scheduled me for 11am delivery, but maybe there as a mix up in communication as Porsche Canada send me a confirmation letter stating I had a 8:30am delivery. So I was waiting at 8am in the hotel lobby for the shuttle to the factory but it never came. Called Leipzig and they said I am actually on the 11am group, not the 8:30am. Doesn't matter as I was jet lagged and woke up at 4am anyway laugh

For the 'yellow' on the car, I had asked to have Exclusive paint the R on the badge yellow, they turned in down, saying they can't do it. I side step that again, had my dealer's parts department order a badge then waiting 4 months for it to show up and had it painted Speed Yellow to match the PCCB. I took the badge with me and had them installed the badge before I officially sign and take delivery. So I can say my car came with the yellow badge, only one out of 991 of them. The yellow R really stands out against the black car.

Darius, I will be heading off to Maranello from Munich Sunday, my appointment is at 10am Monday for Ferrari, and 2pm Tuesday at Lamborghini. I will be leaving Italy and head back to Stuttgart on Wednesday. I am not sure which pass I will be taking, mostly it will be up to my Garmin GPS angel. But I will also check weather and road conditions on all the passes before I set off. 

And yes, I also did some track driving. They had provided a GT3, it is cold and wet today, light rain. Great fun driving in the wet in the GT3 on winter tires, I am basically sliding on every corner! Also took a Cayenne S Diesel for the off road course. 

And sorry to disappoint, those are the winter loaner wheel set. My originals are the standard 911R wheels painted black with a GT Silver lip. 

--

Congrats Nick!

Tell Porsche center to make a party when your 911R arrives in Vancouver (like when they did one when my GTS club coupe arrived) so we can drink and car talk.

--

Tim

2010 997.2 GT3RS;  2008 Cayenne Turbo;  2006 911 Club Coupe;  2016 911 GTS Club Coupe;  2015 Macan S

Whoopsy:

I didn't actually 'pick' Leipzig. Doing European delivery was a very last minute thing. I didn't spec it when I ordered the car. The car was produced in Dec/2016, scheduled to arrived at my dealership Feb 25th. But during the first week of January, I was talking to my buddy who will be joining me in Finland for ice driving and discussed it would be cool if I can pick up the R and do a road trip around Europe to visit all the factories before Finland. So I asked Porsche to put a hold on my car in order for me to pick it up, and in a specific week no less. Initially they said they needed a few months in advance notice and can't do it. I told them there is no need to schedule anything, I am just gonna drop by and pick up the car and go, I don't need the other usual European delivery stuff. And then they came back and said they have a spot for Feb 23rd, same week I requested, but it will be in Leipzig as Zuffenhausen's customer center will be closed for renovation. (not that Liepzig is not, it is also under renovation and only doing 8 customer deliveries a day, but it will be finished next week). 

So now my date is set. But then they had required me to drop the car back off at Leipzig after I am done, cause they need to take off the loaner winter tires and put my original wheel and tires back on. I told them no, that's impossible as I will not be driving back to Leipzig, I am heading to Stuttgart and I will be dropping off the car there, Again they told me that's not possibly be cause of the winter tires. I told them in that case I will just buy that winter tire set from them, and have them ship me the original tire set to Canada. Again they told me that's impossible, cause they cannot ship wheel and tire set directly. So I replied to the that I will keep the winter tire set and pay them for it and I will re-order my original wheel and tires again when I get back to Vancouver. They can keep my 'original' original set in Leipzig forever, I under no circumstances will return the car back to Leipzig. In the end, the 918 Spyder Circle heard about what happened and stepped in to take care of the transportation of the car from Stuttgart back to Leipzig. 

So finally all is set. I think Porsche is not quite happy with me cause I short circuit their procedures, or basically disregard their procedures . But then again they know me and this is not the first time I go around their procedures. Not the first time, not the last time. 

I actually had the full delivery experience today, including a factory tour. But they had their 'payback' on me. They had scheduled me for 11am delivery, but maybe there as a mix up in communication as Porsche Canada send me a confirmation letter stating I had a 8:30am delivery. So I was waiting at 8am in the hotel lobby for the shuttle to the factory but it never came. Called Leipzig and they said I am actually on the 11am group, not the 8:30am. Doesn't matter as I was jet lagged and woke up at 4am anyway laugh

For the 'yellow' on the car, I had asked to have Exclusive paint the R on the badge yellow, they turned in down, saying they can't do it. I side step that again, had my dealer's parts department order a badge then waiting 4 months for it to show up and had it painted Speed Yellow to match the PCCB. I took the badge with me and had them installed the badge before I officially sign and take delivery. So I can say my car came with the yellow badge, only one out of 991 of them. The yellow R really stands out against the black car.

Darius, I will be heading off to Maranello from Munich Sunday, my appointment is at 10am Monday for Ferrari, and 2pm Tuesday at Lamborghini. I will be leaving Italy and head back to Stuttgart on Wednesday. I am not sure which pass I will be taking, mostly it will be up to my Garmin GPS angel. But I will also check weather and road conditions on all the passes before I set off. 

And yes, I also did some track driving. They had provided a GT3, it is cold and wet today, light rain. Great fun driving in the wet in the GT3 on winter tires, I am basically sliding on every corner! Also took a Cayenne S Diesel for the off road course. 

And sorry to disappoint, those are the winter loaner wheel set. My originals are the standard 911R wheels painted black with a GT Silver lip. 

Trying to make germans forego proper procedure and surpirse them with changed plans Smiley... that is just inhumane Nick Smiley

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

That;s my M.O. 

Anti-German. Whatever they say no to, I will make it happened no matter what.

--

Whoopsy:

That;s my M.O. 

Anti-German. Whatever they say no to, I will make it happened no matter what.

I don't know if you saw Star Trek (the original series) but you remind me of Bones when he liked to get under Spock's skin by being anti-logical and irrational just to piss him off Smiley

--

Congrats Nick! Wonderful wonderful car! Hope you're safe; I am on a business trio stuck in Munich now, as all flights back to Amsterdam are cancelled due to the storm.

Btw, now that Porker's adoption by Crayphile has been arranged, can we please arrange my adoption by you? smiley

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Joost:

Btw, now that Porker's adoption by Crayphile has been arranged, can we please arrange my adoption by you? smiley

You can always come for a playdate with my child @Porker Smiley.

You had to have the yellow letter didn't you broken heart

--

1986 BMW 325i Cabrio Alpine Weiss/Black Leather - German Spec 
    2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS 500 Black/Black Leather 

Ex: ''91 BMW 535i, '91 BMW 318i, '89 BMW 525i, '74 Mercedes-Benz 280E, '87 BMW 325is, '86 BMW 325e, '05 Ford Focus ZX4 S, '85.5 Porsche 944

Carlos from Spain:
    Whoopsy:

Trying to make germans forego proper procedure and surpirse them with changed plans Smiley... that is just inhumane Nick Smiley

Man, you're not an easy customer. Smiley Smiley

Ziggy:
    Carlos from Spain:
    Whoopsy:

Man, you're not an easy customer. Smiley Smiley

What are you taking about? I am the easiest customer to please.Just do whatever I want and I am happy! Unlike Ferrari customers who expect all wishes to be satisfied AND with surprises on top.(Mind you, for full disclosure, I am a Ferrari customer too Smiley)

--

crayphile:
    Joost:

You can always come for a playdate with my child @Porker Smiley.

Is that before or after Le Mans trip? You know, he doesn't shower for 48 hours during that weekend Smiley

--

He does tend to forget a towel, that is true...

Enjoy your trip Nick, great car.

In fact, Porsche needs more customers like Nick. For too long Porsche dictated to Porsche customers and have been  unrelenting in denying customer reasonable request all because procedures don't allow it. Porsche is no longer selling $60-70,000 cars.When customers are paying close to $200,000 for a car the need to be heard. 

Porsche needs to understand this. Now that I said this, they probably will reject PTS for my .2GT3.indecision

--

"A man wrapped up in himself makes for a very small bundle."

Check PM Woopsy broken heart

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II(sold),2011 Cayenne Turbo(sold),waiting 991 GT3 RS

Congrats Nick!

IMG_2728.JPG

--

And the not so glamorous part of traveling 2 up in a 911R, front truck is already fill with a carfit luggage

IMG_2730.JPG

--

Looking forward to your initial impresiosn of the R vs the GT3RS wink

--

Beautiful color & have a safe trip Smiley

Whoopsy:

IMG_2728.JPG

Very nice ..... only a proper back wing is missing 😁

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

nice car!

Nick, skip the wedding invitation and please join me at Hockenheim. We have a lot to discuss..... 😎😀 Congrats and have fun now and tell me all about your tripp if we meet st Genevakiss

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM