Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S

KresoF1:
    reginos:
    pjd:

Is this the wheel? .... One word: WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Best wheel i see so far for the 991!!!! And a proper wheel for the Turbo!! Now i love the Turbo (s)!!!! indecision Thank God!! wink

Someone have more photos of this wheel? If so can post please? Thanks!wink

991 Turbo S_11.jpg

Very attractive! Why it is not on the configurator?

Because it is available from November 2013. There are few other interesting options that will be available from November 2013.

What options are available from November onwards?

So far, I only know about the above rims (five lug), black painted (and satin finish?) rim options, bucket seats with heating option and I also heard rumors of a possible aerokit coming next year but I wonder how they combine it with the active aerodynamics.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), 991 Turbo S (Oct. 5th), BMW X3 35d (2013)

I actually like the black/Carrera red bi-color interior a lot. I also ordered the steering wheel matching stiching option (red stiching, like on the rest of the interior), it looks quite good in my opinion. Of course this could be an issue when trying to re-sell the car but this is the beauty of a lease. indecision

For a larger image, please click on the photos.

red1.png

red2.png

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), 991 Turbo S (Oct. 5th), BMW X3 35d (2013)

I love the red/black interior! Personally, I would hold the stitching in red.

I think the black/Carrera red interior looks very good, incl. the red stitching (caution: if you want to have it for the steering wheel too, this is an extra option) but I'm not sure about this interior with the agate grey met. I ordered. Porsche says it looks good and matches perfectly but I would have liked to see it personally.

White goes pretty well with this interior, so does black met. or any silver tone. Surprisingly, Porsche doesn't seem to recommend this interior with plain black but maybe this is a typo.

Somebody told me that the red could have a blueish tint but when I asked about it, they (Porsche) said that there is no blueish tint in this red, this is an all new combo specifically for the new 991 Turbo S only (not available for the regular Turbo) and the red looks slightly different than the Carrera red natural leather.  I hope they are right.

There seems to be a new bi-color available right now (I think it is new, I haven't observed it before)...espresso-cognac natural leather. Interesting.

cog.png

--

Also interesting... (would actually be my favorite with agate grey met. but I kind of wanted something kinky, so I got the red bi-color)...black/luxor beige.

27.06.png

--

RC:

I think the black/Carrera red interior looks very good, incl. the red stitching (caution: if you want to have it for the steering wheel too, this is an extra option) but I'm not sure about this interior with the agate grey met. I ordered. Porsche says it looks good and matches perfectly but I would have liked to see it personally.

White goes pretty well with this interior, so does black met. or any silver tone. Surprisingly, Porsche doesn't seem to recommend this interior with plain black but maybe this is a typo.

Somebody told me that the red could have a blueish tint but when I asked about it, they (Porsche) said that there is no blueish tint in this red, this is an all new combo specifically for the new 991 Turbo S only (not available for the regular Turbo) and the red looks slightly different than the Carrera red natural leather.  I hope they are right.

There seems to be a new bi-color available right now (I think it is new, I haven't observed it before)...espresso-cognac natural leather. Interesting.

cog.png

Yes seems to be new. Recently in the last MY of 997 Porsche offered a similiar bi-color combination (espresso/luxor-beige). I guess the luxor beige is lighter than the cognac. I have seen a 997 turbo s with espresso/luxor-beige...looks stunning.

I like Cognac with cream, white, racing green or brown exteriors. I much prefer the espresso/luxor-beige or black/luxor beige though. The red/black is my favorite.

The black/red looks awesome in photos and very sportive.  The two other bi-color options above look great as well, but more so if you're going the luxury look than sporty look IMO.  

I'm kind of disappointed with the lack of "everyday" technology the 991 is missing vs the Panamera (backup camera, lane change assist, Porsche Car Connect, etc.)... Especially considering Panameras have it as do $40K Lincolns...

PS.  What's with all the blank buttons running down the middle... Ugly.

Also noticed you can get the sport steering wheel heated on the 991 Turbo :). Any idea where the button to activate that is located?

I struggle with the red in everyday life. not my cup of tea wink

--
    Off enjoying my car...

TEE:

It is interesting that Germans don't seem to like the black/red interior. I showed this interior combo to a couple of friends and none of them, with the exception of one woman, liked it. Interesting. Smiley  Smiley

--

keithos27:

The black/red looks awesome in photos and very sportive.  The two other bi-color options above look great as well, but more so if you're going the luxury look than sporty look IMO.  

I'm kind of disappointed with the lack of "everyday" technology the 991 is missing vs the Panamera (backup camera, lane change assist, Porsche Car Connect, etc.)... Especially considering Panameras have it as do $40K Lincolns...

Backup camera will be available, maybe this winter. Not sure when. 
    Everything else should also be available sooner or later but yes, I agree, comfort features should be available from the start, not peu a peu over the time.

Caution with the multi function steering wheel: If you order it, you get buttons instead of paddles!!!

--

I thought heated was available for first time with Sport Design wheel?

keithos27:

I thought heated was available for first time with Sport Design wheel?

Nope. As far as I understood, you can get the steering wheel heating only with the multifunctional steering wheel. Meaning that you would loose the paddles and get buttons only (for manual shifting).

--

Wow, nice catch... every other time when I built a car (Panamera for example) if you selected heating it would warn you were getting the multifunction.  On the 991 Turbo S configurator when you select heating it auto selects multifunction.  Here I thought we were FINALLY starting to get Sport Design with more than just paddles... :(

RC:
    TEE:

It is interesting that Germans don't seem to like the black/red interior. I showed this interior combo to a couple of friends and none of them, with the exception of one woman, liked it. Interesting. Smiley  Smiley

We Germans are not known for fashion trends Smiley

--
    Off enjoying my car...

TEE:
    RC:
    TEE:

We Germans are not known for fashion trends Smiley

Smiley Maybe it is too flashy for some, I don't know. It really seems to look good though, especially for this kind of car.

--

It looks good to me. A Turbo can be a bit ' flshy' and it changes a bit from the boring black or grey insides. I never had red inside but I would like to have it once . The SLS also looks very good with the red interior

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Gnil:

It looks good to me. A Turbo can be a bit ' flshy' and it changes a bit from the boring black or grey insides. I never had red inside but I would like to have it once . The SLS also looks very good with the red interior

True, saw a couple of red interior/silver exterior ones and they looked very good. Maybe I saw this combo even too often, it seems that many silver cars seems to have this combo.

Since the car is a lease, I don't care and my dealer didn't oppose to it (he has to take care of selling the car afterwards), so I went for it. Smiley

--

Black/red is nice indeed. My choice would be reds guard with espresso/cognac however.

Two questions:

1)  Can we get black headlight housings on the Turbo S?

2) If going with the black/red bi-color interior option, are issues like wearing jeans and having the color rub off on the seats an issue with the red (I've read that is a big issue with cream color interiors)?

Thanks,

Keith

keithos27:

Two questions:

2) If going with the black/red bi-color interior option, are issues like wearing jeans and having the color rub off on the seats an issue with the red (I've read that is a big issue with cream color interiors)?

Thanks,

Keith

Right now, unfortunately not. 

Regarding the red interior and jeans, well...I wear jeans most of the time, so it could be an issue for me. However, my salesperson told me that red is kind of OK but lighter leather colors can be a challenge.

--

pxaxh:

http://www.porsche.com/uk/accessoriesandservice/christophorusmagazine/latestissue/

The lettering in black on a white Turbo S looks incredible.  I believe we cannot get black lettering in the US, correct?

RC:
    keithos27:

Two questions:

Thanks,

Keith

Right now, unfortunately not. 

Regarding the red interior and jeans, well...I wear jeans most of the time, so it could be an issue for me. However, my salesperson told me that red is kind of OK but lighter leather colors can be a challenge.

UGH... I *HATE* how Porsche toys with us... waiting a year or two to add stupid things like black housing (look at Panamera... first grey, then black, etc.).  For those of us that want to spend $200K+ on a car and keep it for 10 years this sort of strategy is really annoying... :(

keithos27:
    pxaxh:

http://www.porsche.com/uk/accessoriesandservice/christophorusmagazine/latestissue/

The lettering in black on a white Turbo S looks incredible.  I believe we cannot get black lettering in the US, correct?

Don't worry, no such thing in Germany either. Smiley

I always let the dealer order a new lettering and have it painted black. Smiley

The silver lettering just doesn't fit every color... Smiley

--

Not a bad idea... Also I assume it's relatively easy and inexpensive to buy and swap out the black light housing if/when  it becomes available?

I'm leaning toward White with red/black interior.  :)

keithos27:

Not a bad idea... Also I assume it's relatively easy and inexpensive to buy and swap out the black light housing if/when  it becomes available?

I'm leaning toward White with red/black interior.  :)

I'm afraid not. As far as I know, the housing is not available as a separate item, you need to buy the whole front light assembly, which would be very expensive.

--

Of course, lol...

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    691006 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410144 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256201 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235408 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65744 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858796 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775107 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM