Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S

Agate grey and the bi-color black/Carrera red combo is still my favorite. I really saw lots of colors at my dealer (991 Carrera though) and the color choice is difficult. Black is out of the question because it hides many of the Turbo design elements. White exterior and bi-color black/Carrera red also looks nice , maybe any sort of shade of silver too but otherwise, I would be careful with the color choice. Yellow and red are kind of a no go for me, don't know why, I actually liked these colors on the 991 Carrera.

Also please avoid using the world "elegant" in conjunction with the new Turbo. This is actually a word which doesn't fit this car at all. Thanks god.  *LOL*

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), 991 Turbo S (ordered), BMW X3 35d (2013)

I think the old Seal Grey would look better than the Agate on new Turbo. Something between a lighter grey and a darker silver.

I don't think it would be classified as expensive as a "colour to sample" if ordered now, but definitely above special colour.

This is my old Seal Grey Boxster S, (when I advertised it for sale).

136972962639003a7d40ebfc2de587dd0434e9f9a1523.jpg

--

"Form follows function"

Seal grey is a very nice colour, had it on my Carrera S, very good looking IMO. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Seal grey...slate grey...very nice colors but they would delay my delivery and since I don't keep the car longer than 3 years, the color isn't really that important. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), 991 Turbo S (ordered), BMW X3 35d (2013)

OK, here is some important information I received today: Although there are september production allocations, no car will make it to customers before the embargo date of Oct. 5th. Not sure how accurate this information is but it may be important for some of you.

--

my dealer told me i will get my tts on october or november so i think u r  right 

Agate with Carrera Red (but no black dash)...1369750173850new york auto show 2012 and  memorial 001.jpg

Wonderbar:

Agate with Carrera Red (but no black dash)...1369750173850new york auto show 2012 and  memorial 001.jpg

The Agate Grey looks great in that picture!   Sure confirms that its the way I want to go.  The red looks good with it and I am still leaning toward the black/red interior.  All red would be too much for me.  

Thanks to all for the helpful comments.

OK, delivery embargo of Oct. 5th has been confirmed. This is valid for Germany but no car worldwide makes it to customers before the official German release Oct. 5th.. Dammit, I had hopes to get the car in September but I guess Oct. 5th is OK too. I have to finalize the color specs until July 3rd, so maybe I am going to be at the factory end of June.

--

Christian, is there any sense to get summer car before winter? will it be more practical to buy 991 turbo s in spring 2014?

artur777:

Christian, is there any sense to get summer car before winter? will it be more practical to buy 991 turbo s in spring 2014?

What summer car? Smiley

Smiley Smiley

--

RC:
    artur777:

What summer car? Smiley

Smiley Smiley

991 turbo s:) 

artur777:
    RC:
    artur777:

What summer car? Smiley

Smiley Smiley

991 turbo s:) 

I drive my cars all year long, why should the 991 Turbo S be a summer car? Smiley

--

Why is there an embargo date?Smiley

--

RC:

OK, delivery embargo of Oct. 5th has been confirmed. This is valid for Germany but no car worldwide makes it to customers before the official German release Oct. 5th.. Dammit, I had hopes to get the car in September but I guess Oct. 5th is OK too. I have to finalize the color specs until July 3rd, so maybe I am going to be at the factory end of June.

i know you said delivery embargo, does that mean some cars will ship out of germany before october 5 and not get delivered until then?, or is the embargo on the actual shipping from germany? it makes a big difference for us in the US because it takes weeks to receive the cars after they ship from germany.

--

2011 CTT

2005 F430

2010 Audi S5

RC:
    artur777:

What summer car? Smiley

Smiley Smiley

Even better:
    What summer? (according to current weather...) Smiley

--

AAHTT:
    RC:

i know you said delivery embargo, does that mean some cars will ship out of germany before october 5 and not get delivered until then?, or is the embargo on the actual shipping from germany? it makes a big difference for us in the US because it takes weeks to receive the cars after they ship from germany.

Yes, my car for example could arrive at my dealer two weeks prior the embargo date.  So yes, there is a good chance that some first cars go to customers in the US on Oct. 5th but I guess the dealers have more accurate information about that.

--

nberry:

My wild guess: Because of the internet. Porsche doesn't want some people in Europe for example to get their cars in September and others, like in North America or Asia in October. With the internet and all, customers who get their "first" cars 3-4 weeks after customers in other countries would certainly feel bad about it. Just a wild guess but it makes sense. At least I will be able to make conjugal visits to my car at my dealer until the embargo is over. Smiley

--

Dont forget to take along protection.

RC:
    nberry:

My wild guess: Because of the internet. Porsche doesn't want some people in Europe for example to get their cars in September and others, like in North America or Asia in October. With the internet and all, customers who get their "first" cars 3-4 weeks after customers in other countries would certainly feel bad about it. Just a wild guess but it makes sense. At least I will be able to make conjugal visits to my car at my dealer until the embargo is over. Smiley

I doubt very much that Porsche is concerned with delivery dates. In the US we are accustomed to being last. Hell, our dealers have not received allocations for the GT3 while the ROW has had them for some time. The car was introduced over two months ago and our dealers haven't a clue when or if they will get allocations this year.Smiley

--

Just a warning for ppl speced the tts with electrically folding side mirrors 

my dealer advice me that this option  will cancel the sport side mirrors design and install the normal TT side mirrors 

That's great information...  Thank you very much!!

sulaiman:

my dealer advice me that this option  will cancel the sport side mirrors design and install the normal TT side mirrors 

Very valuable information. Electrically folding side mirrors are totally useless anyway... Smiley

--

They impress the neighbors.  That's about all electric folding mirrors are good for.

CGX car nut:

They impress the neighbors.  That's about all electric folding mirrors are good for.

Funny. Whenever I park my car on a busy street, I fold my mirros. When I come back, at least one car on that street parked in the same direction, has a ripped off driver side mirror because some driver drove too close to it. I see this happen at least twice a week, so I think you need to see this kind of stuff to understand what folding mirrors are for. Smiley

--

Rossi:
    sulaiman:

Very valuable information. Electrically folding side mirrors are totally useless anyway... Smiley

Do you live in a different part of German reality than I do? I see ripped off driver side mirrors at least twice a week. Our streets are not as wide as in the US and sometimes there isn"t much room left to parked cars. Electric foldable mirrors are a must for cars over here, unless of course you prefer to do this manually. I prefer the button.Smiley

--

RC:
    Rossi:
    sulaiman:

Do you live in a different part of German reality than I do? I see ripped off driver side mirrors at least twice a week. Our streets are not as wide as in the US and sometimes there isn"t much room left to parked cars. Electric foldable mirrors are a must for cars over here, unless of course you prefer to do this manually. I prefer the button.Smiley

Ah c'mon, that's bullshit. You see ripped off driver side mirrors at least twice a week?

And I see dead people... Smiley

Electrical folding side mirrors are a waste of money and totally useless, at least for a sportscar. We can talk about having them at a S-class though. Smiley

Thanks God it's an option for the 991. I had a Carrera S cab loaner last week, when I locked the doors, the mirrors folded. No wait, they didn't fold, they moved upwards in a silly motion due to their positioning on the doors. No thanks. Smiley

--

RC:
    CGX car nut:

Funny. Whenever I park my car on a busy street, I fold my mirros. When I come back, at least one car on that street parked in the same direction, has a ripped off driver side mirror because some driver drove too close to it. I see this happen at least twice a week, so I think you need to see this kind of stuff to understand what folding mirrors are for. Smiley

Are you suggesting that drivers in Chicago, or the States in general, are better drivers?  I seldom ever see a mangled side mirror on any car parked anywhere in Chicago.  Again, in the States, this option is merely to show off for the neighbors.

CGX car nut:
    RC:
    CGX car nut:

Are you suggesting that drivers in Chicago, or the States in general, are better drivers?  I seldom ever see a mangled side mirror on any car parked anywhere in Chicago.  Again, in the States, this option is merely to show off for the neighbors.

Whilst I wouldn't claim to see cars with their mirrors ripped off on a regular basis here, I would say that people don't need to be better drivers to avoid this problem in the USA. Both streets and parking bays are generally a lot wider in the States than they are in Europe. 

--

fritz

fritz:
    CGX car nut:
    RC:
    CGX car nut:

Whilst I wouldn't claim to see cars with their mirrors ripped off on a regular basis here, I would say that people don't need to be better drivers to avoid this problem in the USA. Both streets and parking bays are generally a lot wider in the States than they are in Europe. 

Most of the drivers in the States would not pass the stringent driving tests given in Germany and elsewhere in Europe. Those drivers would even have difficulty with passing even the British motorist's test.indecision  However, depending on the part of the country, streets and parking bays are not any wider than those found in the EU.  

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689443 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409148 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255707 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234973 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65517 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4645 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857921 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773962 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM