Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Spanish P-car outing - pictures

This weekend about 30 of us got together for breakfast, drive on the mountain roads, lunch, and visit to the yearly Motor Show. I though I'd share some pictures

We started out gathering and having breakfast on a village next to the Portugese border

desayuno01.jpg

desayuno02.jpg

desayuno03.jpg

Then we went over the route we were going to take

desayuno.jpg

We headed over the border into Portugal to some beautiful empty mountain roads that were used in the past by the Group B Rally world championship cars in the 80's, back then they used to be dirt roads, now they are all nice asfalt.

ruta01.jpg

ruta02.jpg

1368211104806ruta03.jpg

ruta04.jpg

Yours truly (next 4 photos by ferncres)

fer-ruta01.jpg

Crossing a mountain village

fer-ruta02.jpg

Stop mid way of the 160km drive

fer-ruta03.jpg

On the way back

fer-ruta04.jpg

We parked the cars in a reserved parking on the Motor Show and went to lunch to a restaurant near by before returning to spend the rest of the day at the MotorShow

salon01.jpg

All in all it was a great day! loved the drive and the company.

SmileySmiley

--

Re: Spanish P-car outing - pictures

Wonderful!

--

997.1 C2S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

great! spanish roads are fantastic :)

I just spent 1 week right in between Alicante and Valencia. Wish I had my 964 with me!

Amazing pictures ! looks like you guys had a lot of fun . kiss

1368237572967clap.gif

Smiley

The roads were great, empty, winding, beautiful scenery and with good tarmac... perfect for the 911 Smiley

--

Stunning scenic roads. Looks as you have fun.

Some very nice cars , beautiful weather, great windy mountain roads , food . It must of been a perfect day. Thanks for sharing kiss

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Looks like a fantastic event on perfect sportscar roads. 

@Carlos:

• What sort of speeds did the fastest cars do on the Portuguese ex-Rally stage?
    • How was the Carrera GT driven relative to the rest?

P.S. I suppose the glasses of wine (?) on the tables were for  the co-drivers only indecision

--

"Form follows function"

@Carlos:
    What sort of speeds did the fastest cars do on the Portuguese ex-Rally stage?

You mean the B-Rally cars or us?

I wasn't near the CarreraGT on the drive because we got separated into groups depending on the pace we wanted to do, some people felt like cruising along the route enjoying the scenery etc and others did more spirtied driving (my case). I understand that he took it more calmly, also there were some places that had some bumps were the Carrera GT  had too low clearance and had to be careful. 

P.S. I suppose the glasses of wine (?) on the tables were for  the co-drivers only indecision

Of course no drinking and driving! Smiley we parked the cars at the MotorShow before lunch and we took rented bus to the restaurant, and then back to the MotorShow again, so that anyone that wanted to have some wine at lunch could do so, and only have to grab the car at the end of the day after the MotorShow Smiley

--

Carlos from Spain:
    @Carlos:
    What sort of speeds did the fastest cars do on the Portuguese ex-Rally stage?

You mean the B-Rally cars or us?

I wasn't near the CarreraGT on the drive because we got separated into groups depending on the pace we wanted to do, some people felt like cruising along the route enjoying the scenery etc and others did more spirtied driving (my case). I understand that he took it more calmly, also there were some places that had some bumps were the Carrera GT  had too low clearance and had to be careful. 

Of course no drinking and driving! Smiley we parked the cars at the MotorShow before lunch and we took rented bus to the restaurant, and then back to the MotorShow again, so that anyone that wanted to have some wine at lunch could do so, and only have to grab the car at the end of the day after the MotorShow Smiley

Thank you for your reply Carlos wink

I meant the speed the people in your group who chose to go faster, were doing on the Portuguese section.

--

"Form follows function"

Thank you so much for sharing, Carlos. Smiley I love such meetings with fellow Porsche owners but unfortunately the weather over here isn't really that great. We had 25°C and sunshine this last Thursday and now, only two days later, we have 12°C and light rain. I hate the weather in Germany.  Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2012), Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Beautiful event and pictures, thank you for sharing. Really envy you the weather and the fine roads.

--

911 Club Coupe, 993 4S Riviera Blau, 12' Audi S4 Avant

reginos

I meant the speed the people in your group who chose to go faster, were doing on the Portuguese section.

To tell you the truth I don't remember looking at the speedo even once, cause I was on the spirited driving side group led by a recent Spanish rally champion who had a race to go to later that afternoon (boy can he drive),  but if it helps it was mostly a 2nd and 3rd gear route and the roads were completely  empty at that time on a SaturdaySmiley

--

Glad you liked the pictures guys, I always live to see pictures from other places myself so that's why I though to share as well. We had an unusual rainy winter this year but spring seems to have arrived!

--

Weather iwas great in Spain last week. Saw tons of Porsche in Dénia :-)

Carlos from Spain:
    reginos

To tell you the truth I don't remember looking at the speedo even once, cause I was on the spirited driving side group led by a recent Spanish rally champion who had a race to go to later that afternoon (boy can he drive),  but if it helps it was mostly a 2nd and 3rd gear route and the roads were completely  empty at that time on a SaturdaySmiley

It must have been pretty swift, especially bearing in mind that from the pictures there seem to be some blind corners where you had to take it easy.

--

"Form follows function"

Looked like a terrific event.kiss

--

Reginos:

It must have been pretty swift, especially bearing in mind that from the pictures there seem to be some blind corners where you had to take it easy.

Always, blind corners need extreme caution and even though the roads were empty up in there mountains, the roads were not closed so you always need to assume that someone is coming in the other direction regardless.

--

Great! Smiley Thanks for posting Carlos Smiley

--

Porsche 997 Carrera S PDK Aqua Blue / Black - Toyota Yaris D4D  "Clockwork Rat"

Thanks Carlito ;-) Looks awesome!
    I was wondering about the CGT as well... some luck feller could drive behind it all day, enjoying the 10cyl symphony!
    Did I spot a 993 GT2 as well, or was it an RS 3.8? (Looks like the latter from the pics).

Anyway, thanks again, wonderful pictures.

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Joost:

Did I spot a 993 GT2 as well, or was it an RS 3.8? (Looks like the latter from the pics).

AFAIK its not an original 993 GT2 but rather a conversion, I believe the number of actual 993GT2's is maybe only a couple of hundred in the world Smiley

--

Fabulous! I see that you continue to enjoy great roads.

--

"Dream as impractical, irrational and unnecessary as that may be... Here's to the Dreamers!" -- Porsche AG.

Thanks for the pictures Carlos. I'm sorry but I didn´t take my camera. 

Thanks Carlos - fantastic drive in brilliant conditions...kiss

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

Great photo report. I love them. devil Thanks for sharing, Carlos. By the way, I remember one of your trips to the Portuguese border from a few years ago. You didn't have sunny and dry weather conditions like you had this time. I'm sure you had a fantastic day kiss

--

997 GT3 3.8

Great pics Carlos thanks for sharing. The old air cooled 911 lines are still so glamorous, love more & more these old cars.

J.Seven

Glad you liked them guys wink

We have another outing planned for next month,on the spanish northwest coast ending on a popular vacation spot here that multiplies by 10 its population in summer, haven't confirmed yet but hopefully I can free up the weekend and go, I will shoot more pics if I do Smiley

--

Great photos Carlos!  Thanks for sharing.  Love the scenery. 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690768 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410004 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256128 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235365 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65732 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858692 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774918 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM