Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S

KresoF1:

Because it is available from November 2013. There are few other interesting options that will be available from November 2013.

A backup camera! Finally!

RC:

I know that for me, the Turbo S would be the better choice than the GT3 but money is a huge issue and I can't ignore it.

At least I have a choice... Smiley Smiley

Did you not sell your 997 TT because it was a garage queen , and you said you will not buy such a car anymore , as you can not afford to have another garage queen Smiley

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

KresoF1:

Since character of both new GT3 and new Turbo is so different I can say that my P friend was pretty right when he suggested that a fluent Porsche fan will need both...Smiley

I am not sure whether your friend is Patrick Simon, but he said the same thing already for the 997 variants: "the TT is the car to have for driving to the track, the GT3 is the car to have for driving on the track."Smiley

--

public roads: Porsche 981S white/black/red, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

Did any of our Moscow members get to hear the exhasut sound at the introduction?.  I'm hoping that it has been re-engineered to sound less like my wife's hoover -or at least has somekind of cut-out valve.

I think it has the sound symposer going though the stero so no worries about the turbo sound.  How funny is that?  Maybe they can make it sound like the La Ferrari for you. ($2000 - PFS - Porsche Ferrari Sound)

BTW I love my hoover turbo sound.  Whoooosh is more like it.  I can go much faster without attracting attention.  I guess is matters if you want to go fast or get noticed.  Both is a very bad idea is you want to keep your drivers licence.

I actually don't mind the rear, pipes, wing, or inlet changes...  But those DRL lights.  Can't get past them. What were they thinking.  Just horrible.  The ones for the base 991s were pretty much perfect. And they just felt they had to do something different to differentiate the front of the Turbo, so they went w/ something different all right but way worse.

[dc]

Leawood911:

I think it has the sound symposer going though the stero so no worries about the turbo sound.  How funny is that?  Maybe they can make it sound like the La Ferrari for you. ($2000 - PFS - Porsche Ferrari Sound)

The symposer brings the induction noise inside the cabin. It is a sound but not from the exhaust.

--

"Form follows function"

Budster:

This is very cool: my 2 favorite things in one picture...  A Porsche 911 and the magnificent backdrop of Hout Bay, Cape Town...  

913821_10151587008872668_717892330_o.jpg

I really, really like this looks! especially the front, and sideview of the white one.

--

965 3.3turbo/  993 targa / 996 cab /997S cab

Audi R8  //  Audi A6 3.0 biturbo Quattro/ RR 4.4i

beltar:
    Budster:

This is very cool: my 2 favorite things in one picture...  A Porsche 911 and the magnificent backdrop of Hout Bay, Cape Town...  

913821_10151587008872668_717892330_o.jpg

I really, really like this looks! especially the front, and sideview of the white one.

I keep seeing a strong resemblance to the Cayman, not that is a bad thing.

I like nearly everything about it.  The part I don't like, similar to many others, is that front lip.  Assuming it can be painted the same color as the body, I think it would look a lot better.

--

Canadian pricing for Turbo S is 206k (+~15% tax depending on the province) Turbo is around 182k

once you add a few options the sky is the limit. I really love the new turbo... Why is it so expensive??!!

--

2012 Cayenne TT, looking for a nice 4-seater sports car to answer my call :)

SportCarGroup:

I don't like the ultra-cheap view of the front lip and Panamera Turbo exhaust look, all the rest looks fine to me

1367582844916image.png.jpeg

What is that round thing in the grill?

--

Chris

2007 997.1 TT (#3)

1987 930 Slant 505

It's the radar for the Adaptive Cruise Control

upload-05-pic4_zoom-1000x1000-75387.jpgnews.porsche_911_turbo_mosc.jpg.medium.jpg1096257.jpg1096253.jpg1096251.jpgupload-01-pic4_zoom-1000x1000-25089.jpg1096249.jpg1096247.jpg125049.16305.jpg125014.15797.jpg

--

what is the color of this car ... not the white one lol 

is that rhodium silver or GT silver 

thanks 

Damn!angelangel

angry

mail

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II,2011 Cayenne Turbo

Gnil:

Did you not sell your 997 TT because it was a garage queen , and you said you will not buy such a car anymore , as you can not afford to have another garage queen Smiley

Yes, indeed. I realized however that it is more fun to drive a 911 garage queen on weekends than driving a Panamera  (which btw. is also kind of a garage queen since I cannot drive it to work). 

I also realized that the only Porsche models I'm going to drive in the future are the 911 and the Cayenne. The Panamera just isn't my thing, the Boxster and Cayman never were. I also will not buy a BMW or Mercedes again for me, I'm a Porsche guy and as long as they keep the 911 alive, well... 

It took some time to learn that. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2012), Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

RC:
    Gnil:

Yes, indeed. I realized however that it is more fun to drive a 911 garage queen on weekends than driving a Panamera  (which btw. is also kind of a garage queen since I cannot drive it to work). 

I also realized that the only Porsche models I'm going to drive in the future are the 911 and the Cayenne. The Panamera just isn't my thing, the Boxster and Cayman never were. I also will not buy a BMW or Mercedes again for me, I'm a Porsche guy and as long as they keep the 911 alive, well... 

Christian, why no Audi/BMW/Mercedes for you? They are rapidly developing and closer and closer to Porsche if not ahead in some points...

RC:
    (...)

And some money Smiley

zzboba:
    RC:
    (...)

And some money Smiley

The money wasn't really the problem (thanks Apple... Smiley) but of course it hurts when you have to realize that you made the wrong choice. It was more of a personal disappointment, more like looking in the mirror and realizing that you gained 100 kg or that you have a huge wart on the tip of your nose you never noticed Smiley 
    Of course I am complaining on a very high level (the Panamera Turbo S is an amazing Porsche and whoever is into fast sedans will be very happy with it) but I have to be honest with myself and you guys.

I would love to own the 991 GT3 and the 991 Turbo S because I actually think that both cars are quite different but since money doesn't grow on trees (and Apples don't always fall down from trees as we expect Smiley), I have to make a choice and a choice which sticks. 

Btw: I made the same decision for my other hobby, phones. I played around with so many different phones and it was fun, especially when I was programming some stuff too, for fun (and for my business). Now this hobby takes way too much time, I got bored and I made the decision to stop trying other phones and stick with my favorite, the iPhone 5. Why spend money for other stuff, if I always get back to the same stuff again anyway? Of course phones aren't as expensive as cars and I can sell the phones on eBay at a quite good price but still, this hobby was time consuming and it didn't really help me with anything. So I decided to stop to get anything new from competitors, it just doesn't make sense anymore for me. Same with cars, I always land back on Porsche's grounds, so no more experiments with BMW, Mercedes or whatever. Also no more sedans (I actually thought I learned my lesson with the E55 AMG). SUVs for the family and as daily drivers and sports cars for me. Perfect combo. Nothing else. Smiley Had to learn that the hard way but I am human and I make mistakes. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2012), Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

artur777:

Christian, why no Audi/BMW/Mercedes for you? They are rapidly developing and closer and closer to Porsche if not ahead in some points...

Looks, reliability, sportiness, fun factor, etc. etc. etc., no chance for BMW M or Mercedes AMG.

I'm a Porsche guy (mainly 911 and Cayenne) and I doubt it will change. Smiley

--

RC,

Sorry but it seems that you have a massive task ahead of you deciding what your needs are. You had the 997TT and sold it because it became a garage queen.

With your background I would much rather have a 991GT3 to be a garage queen. Lower cost and more fun when you finally get to drive it. In all fairness you have enough cars to haul the family around and if you really need it, go and buy/lease a daily driver. You can easily get a nice car for the difference between the 991TT and 991GT3...if there is space in the garage..cheeky 

I know what i would do if I had the choice. I look forward to see where this story goes wink

/T

RC:
    Gnil:

I did vote for the Cayenne TS over the PTS , when you were deceiding between both . It was obvious you would not be happy with the PTS . And I also think you would not be happy with the GT3 . You will with the TTS, but you need to drive it !!

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Gnil:

I did vote for the Cayenne TS over the PTS , when you were deceiding between both . It was obvious you would not be happy with the PTS . And I also think you would not be happy with the GT3 . You will with the TTS, but you need to drive it !!

Smiley I know, this is why I try to withstand the temptation to get the GT3. In the end, I would end up driving it alone or with my son as a co-passenger only. Yes, the GT3 is very tempting but the 991 Turbo S is the better car for our climate (rain, snow...) and driving a GT3 in winter time doesn't make any sense (car is very low, no AWD and so on).

I am pretty sure I will get the 991 Turbo S, I just need a slightly better lease offer. At least I have a production slot reserved for October (one of the first two production slots at my dealer, one is already taken, one is reserved for me) until we finalize the deal. Maybe this Friday... 

--

KresoF1:

Yes, it does.

German 991 Turbo price list:

BTW, check out optional 20" Sport Classic wheels that are available in Black as well. Best wheels for new Turbo IMHO. There is a picture of thses wheels in black at page 70 of the price list.

Now... Regarding hints that were posted here from RC, ALDO and me, They came from P sources directly. 100% for sure. Those who do not belive in that do not need to follow rennteam.com any more. Period. Yes, little bit rude from me.

For all other that show great support for all efforts in providing the latest info and hints here on rennteam.... You ladies and gents are the best Porsche community on the web and I would love to meet in person most of you. Idea for RC and other moderators-lets make and rennteam meeting in late June/early July somewhere in south Germany(Munich area).

Kreso

Thanks for the hint to the pricelist...makes perfect sense, lot of options I missed in the configurator. Any idea why black headlights are non available for turbo s (only turbo)? They look so good in reality.

Regarding your overall comments... I am here for almost ten years. I am following regularly and appreciate the insight we are getting here, even so I am posting not that often.  I always take your comments/signs for what they are, a pointer into a direction, which is most time the right one. And the end of the day I am patient enough to wait for the official infos. I remember well enough pre internet times...my only source were bi-weekly magazines.

So thanks you, people like you, RC, Aldo make this forum alive.

CheersSmiley

RC:

I am pretty sure I will get the 991 Turbo S, I just need a slightly better lease offer. At least I have a production slot reserved for October (one of the first two production slots at my dealer, one is already taken, one is reserved for me) until we finalize the deal. Maybe this Friday... 

Have you checked the price list PDF -- some really nice options are avilable from november. I'd wait a month or two, and get black wheels (or classic), rear camera, bucket seats (now with seat heating) and maybe the "slightly oval" sport pipes.

zzboba:
    RC:

Have you checked the price list PDF -- some really nice options are avilable from november. I'd wait a month or two, and get black wheels (or classic), rear camera, bucket seats (now with seat heating) and maybe the "slightly oval" sport pipes.

... and you will end up paying 220k. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

zzboba:
    RC:

Nothing on the list I would order.

1. I don't like the additional wheel options but I may get the standard Turbo S wheels painted in black later on, still have to see them live (they are actually partially painted in black).

2. I don't need the rear view camera (it is a nice option but I don't really need it)

3. Bucket seats: Yes, they are great (had them on the Carrera GTS Cab) but even if they fold, they are more bulky in the back and the rear passengers kind of feel uncomfortable because of them. My kids didn't like them, so if I go for them again...well... They would be a must go option for the GT3 though.

4. I actually like the original Turbo S pipes, they fit the car quite well and I usually like round pipes.

Smiley

--

Rossi:

Smiley Smiley

Right now, my car is 202k EUR...which is an awful lot for a 911 Turbo S... Smiley

--

RC:
    Rossi:

Smiley Smiley

Right now, my car is 202k EUR...which is an awful lot for a 911 Turbo S... Smiley

Ha! Mine was 205k, so you didn't configure Burmester. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    753128 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430731 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258601 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255462 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79516 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5256 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868328 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    801886 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM