Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S

I think the era of fast analog cars is slowly but surely going away. The Nissan GT-R was the revelation that heavy cars can be fast too with well calibrated electronics... The 991 turbo proves this too.

I know many folks like the GT2 (and its RS version), but I think it is extremely hard to drive fast and safely.  I would rather see Porsche develop an all wheel drive RS--a GT4RS, or even a Turbo RS.  

Wonderbar:

I know many folks like the GT2 (and its RS version), but I think it is extremely hard to drive fast and safely.  I would rather see Porsche develop an all wheel drive RS--a GT4RS, or even a Turbo RS.  

I would buy a Turbo RS in a heartbeat.

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:
    Wonderbar:

Me too, I guess Smiley

MKSGR:
    Rossi:
    Wonderbar:

Me too, I guess Smiley

For sure, add me to the list SmileySmileySmiley

I have put a deposit with my dealer on the possible appearance of a 991 GT2 RS.   A Preuninger-developed "Turbo RS" (GT4 RS?) would be a dream car for me as long as it maintained RWS.

--

Mike

Carrera GT + Tesla Roadster 1.5 & Model S + Panamera Turbo +  BMW Z8 + BMW 3.0 CSi + Bentley Arnage T + GT3 RS 4.0

Where are the new owners?

As much as I try to find on the internet real life pictures or reviews on the new turbos ... so far nothing..... The only review worldwide is RC ... ! I guess he has car #1 

​Either cars have not arrived yet, or new owners too busy enjoying the cars.....yes

​An update on my Turbo: PAG confirms  "entry to body shop" on week 47 ... ETD week 48  

Saludos amigos

--

2014 991 Turbo (on order, Nov Prod)
    2012 991 C2S w/Fabspeed SOLD
    2011 Ferrari 458 Italia Rosso Mondiale / cuoio
    2011 Turbo S Cab SOLD
    2010 BMW AH7 
    2010 Caddy Escalade
    2006 Cayman S First P car, SOLD

mine in the port or in the ship now 

Cocodrilo:

Where are the new owners?

As much as I try to find on the internet real life pictures or reviews on the new turbos ... so far nothing..... The only review worldwide is RC ... ! I guess he has car #1 

​Either cars have not arrived yet, or new owners too busy enjoying the cars.....yes

​An update on my Turbo: PAG confirms  "entry to body shop" on week 47 ... ETD week 48  

Saludos amigos

Well... Smiley

On a more serious note: It came to my attention that many potential customers apparently waited with their order(s), they were skeptical about the Turbo S. Now apparently orders have picked up and I am pretty sure that at some point, we are going to see MUCH more owners and finally some other owner reports too.

Also, deliveries in the US haven't started yet (soon), so expect  a couple of owner reports to flow in as soon as the first US cars are going to be delivered.

In my town, two Turbo S have been delivered so far (mine and another customer). The other guy won't write anything for the internet, he actually loves his new Mercedes S-class most ("like a spaceship..."), the new Turbo S is just a weekend toy for him but he isn't really too much into fast driving (I wonder why he ordered the Turbo S then but I guess to each his own Smiley).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

My dealer on Long Island NY got their first Turbo S this week. I went to look at it yesterday. It looks much better in person. I put a deposit down on a Turbo S Cab right there. 

--

2011 M3 Convertible, 2013 BMW 750 xDrive MSport & 2012 x5

EnglishManInNY:

My dealer on Long Island NY got their first Turbo S this week. I went to look at it yesterday. It looks much better in person. I put a deposit down on a Turbo S Cab right there. 

Smiley Yes, the Turbo S Cab would have been nice but I just didn't want to wait, especially since it was rumored for next spring when I ordered the coupe, before they changed the production timeline to december.

It looks quite nice in reality, doesn't it?  Especially from behind. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

i just got a call from my dealer 

:( Delay from porsche dunno how  much is the delay ,, but sad news 

RC:
    EnglishManInNY:

Smiley Yes, the Turbo S Cab would have been nice but I just didn't want to wait, especially since it was rumored for next spring when I ordered the coupe, before they changed the production timeline to december.

Why would anyone buy a Turbo S Cabriolet? it is still heavier than the coupe and it amounts to Super-Fast- Emotionless-Open-Air-Transport in a rather common-looking package. If I wanted a porsche open-roof car, I'd go for the Boxster anytime and save 100K quid to buy an Audi R8. Or I chipped in another 30K quid to get a used MP4-12C. Best of both worlds....

andyFE:
    RC:
    EnglishManInNY:

Why would anyone buy a Turbo S Cabriolet? it is still heavier than the coupe and it amounts to Super-Fast- Emotionless-Open-Air-Transport in a rather common-looking package. If I wanted a porsche open-roof car, I'd go for the Boxster anytime and save 100K quid to buy an Audi R8. Or I chipped in another 30K quid to get a used MP4-12C. Best of both worlds....

Did you try a turbo s cabriolet… Maybe you should Smiley

andyFE:
    RC:
    EnglishManInNY:

Just out of curiousity? What does someone drive who pretends to be located in the UK but actually posts from Dubai? Smiley

Audi R8? Boxster? You must be kidding, right?!

--

The answer is simple and understandable if you had ever lived in the NE of America. I will be using the car nearly on a daily basis so need a cab for the summer. 4 wheel drive in the winter and a four seater for my young kids. So given this the TurboS Cab is near perfect!

It will also compliment my planned garage over the next few years. My BMW 7 Series will be replaced by a Tesla Model S P85+ if they ever produce a 4 wheel drive version. My wife's X5 will be replaced next year by a Range Rover. And if all goes to plan I hope to add a Bentley GTC and Ferrari 458 over the next few years. 

Also I hate to say it especially since I am British - I would love to buy a McLaren but not one that reminds me of a Toyota MR2! There are a number of them in my area and they really don't look the part even if they can perform the part. 

--

Finally!

Just got a call from my dealer,car should be here end of the week.

My specs:

0Q - White
    342 - Seat heating (front)
    425 - Rear Wiper
    541 - Seat Ventilation (Front)
    581 - Luggage net in passenger footwell
    583 - Smoking package
    625 - Porsche Entry & Drive
    630 - Light Design Package
    641 - Electronic logbook
    651 - Electric sunroof
    970 - Two-tone leather interior
    BQ - Leather interior in Black / Carrera Red
    CGJ - Sport Chrono clock dial in White
    CLH - PDK gear selector in Black Alcantara®
    CPK - Vehicle key painted
    CTH - Belt outlet trim in leather
    CTK - Air vents in leather
    CUJ - Fuse box cover in leather
    CUR - PCM package in leather
    CXM - Additional interior package, door panel in leather
    CXN - Additional interior package, rear in leather
    CZW - Additional interior package - dashboard trim in leather
    EFA - Pedals and footrest in Aluminum
    P3M - Burmester® High-End Infotainment Package
    XFJ - Instrument dials in White
    XHS - Rear center tunnel in leather with decorative stitching
    XLK - SportDesign steering wheel in Alcantara®
    XNG - Instrument surround in leather
    XNS - Steering column casing in leather
    XPT - Storage compartment lid with Porsche Crest
    XSC - Porsche Crest on headrests

RC:
    andyFE:
    RC:
    EnglishManInNY:

Just out of curiousity? What does someone drive who pretends to be located in the UK but actually posts from Dubai? Smiley

This was posted from Abu Dhabi, to be precise. Your comment is very strange, don't you ever travel and post from wherever you are? 

RC:
    andyFE:
    RC:
    EnglishManInNY:

I'd like to answer your question politely: my drive tomorrow will be a 991 Turbo S. Just to let you know, this was posted from Jeddah, KSA.

EnglishManInNY:

The answer is simple and understandable if you had ever lived in the NE of America. I will be using the car nearly on a daily basis so need a cab for the summer. 4 wheel drive in the winter and a four seater for my young kids. So given this the TurboS Cab is near perfect!

It will also compliment my planned garage over the next few years. My BMW 7 Series will be replaced by a Tesla Model S P85+ if they ever produce a 4 wheel drive version. My wife's X5 will be replaced next year by a Range Rover. And if all goes to plan I hope to add a Bentley GTC and Ferrari 458 over the next few years. 

Also I hate to say it especially since I am British - I would love to buy a McLaren but not one that reminds me of a Toyota MR2! There are a number of them in my area and they really don't look the part even if they can perform the part. 

It is very interesting that the McLaren reminds you of the Toyota MR2, I have certainly never heard that before. I am just wondering what the TTS reminds you of. Anyway, esthetics are relative to the observer.

@absent,

Congrats to a very nice specified car. Hope for lots of pictures, especially the interior. You have chosen all leather options, haven't you?

Very impressive specs, Absent!  This is one fantastic car...

Again a simple answer - reminds me of Jennifer Lopez from the back Smiley

--

andyFE:
    RC:
    andyFE:
    RC:
    EnglishManInNY:

This was posted from Abu Dhabi, to be precise. Your comment is very strange, don't you ever travel and post from wherever you are? 

Yes, I do but it was your first post and we have lots of trolls lately who apparently try to bash Porsche for whatever reasons. I even suspect some professional bashers, this wouldn't be anything new nowadays and happens very often in the consumer electronics domain.

I love sports cars but I never seriously considered the R8 or even a Boxster for myself. This is why I was very surprised by your comment.

--

EnglishManInNY:

Again a simple answer - reminds me of Jennifer Lopez from the back Smiley

Smiley Smiley However, I would rather compare it with this type of behind (JLo's behind is a bit too much for me Smiley).

nice-ass-210.jpg

--

The front axle is too narrow compared to the rear. She should be experiencing understeer. smiley

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:

The front axle is too narrow compared to the rear. She should be experiencing understeer. smiley

She actually has quite a lot in the front but it isn't visible in this photo. Smiley

On a more serious note: Especially from the rear, the 991 Turbo S looks amazing and very very special. If someone says that this car doesn't attract attention, he clearly didn't pay attention. I attract more attention with the car than I actually want and my son always complaints that other drivers/passengers of other cars are starring, something I do not always notice because I am driving.

--

Wow! Who is that RC?

--

2011 Porsche 911 [997.2] Carrera 4S (Platinum Silver) {Sold}
    2013 Porsche Panamera GTS [970.1] (Basalt Black)
    2013 Porsche 911 [991.1] Carrera S (GT Silver)
    2014 Porsche 911 [991.1] GT3 (Agate Grey) {Delivery date: December 2013}

“The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively” ― Bob Marley

ag23:

Wow! Who is that RC?

Not my wife...she would kill me if I would post a photo like this of her (but she looks very similar from behind Smiley). I love women with nice proportions, I cannot deal with women looking like boys. Smiley Gladly I'm married, so no worries (anymore) anyway. Smiley

--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuSKx6_XMWA

991 TTS vs tuned ECU 997 TT 

cam on 991 TTS 

Auf Wiedersehen Smiley

No matter how much you spend on a new car someone can always take an old car and make it faster for a fraction of the cost.  The only difference is that in the old one you always have to prove it. Smiley  Oh what fun that is though...Smiley

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM