Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S

I don't understand. You have a Panamera TTS. The 991TTS is a smaller version with more testosterone. Why bother changing especially if it's going to cost you more money? Strange.heart

--

nberry:

I don't understand. You have a Panamera TTS. The 991TTS is a smaller version with more testosterone. Why bother changing especially if it's going to cost you more money? Strange.heart

One significant difference is the polar moment of inertia -- caused by different engine locations.

Nick, have you tried a Panamera?

Yes, but it was not a Turbo. I thought the car met its goal to be a sedan with sport characteristics. However, I also thought I would buy the Cayenne before the Panamera. Less sporty but much more practical.

--

I agree the Cayenne is the more versatile car and the better buy without sacrificing much in the way of driving ability.    

Panamera is for those who have to have, for business, social or reasons of personal preference, a limousine.

--

"Form follows function"

Even the turbo, even in sport mode, the Panamera wasn't that fun to drive...

Currently configuring my Turbo S and thinking about selecting the new black/red interior with agate grey.  Any thoughts regarding this color combination?  Also, thinking about not getting the Burmester - would this be a mistake?  My hearing is not that great and really wonder if there would be that big a difference for me.

Are those options that will be available in Nov including USA?  We usually don't get the sport buckets anyway, just wondering about the backup cam.

Conrad2:

Currently configuring my Turbo S and thinking about selecting the new black/red interior with agate grey.  Any thoughts regarding this color combination?  Also, thinking about not getting the Burmester - would this be a mistake?  My hearing is not that great and really wonder if there would be that big a difference for me.

I would never get the upgraded stereo but each to their own… The stock one is fine, quite good actually and I would rather spend the thousands elsewhere.

As for that colour combo, I think it is the best. Wonderful. Look at the SLS Mercedes, there are a lot oin this dark grey with red & black. It’s striking.

--
    Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

Conrad2:

Did you use the Porsche configurator to see what it look like?Smiley

--

I'm first on the list for the 991 GT3 at my dealer and been looking at colours. Had a good look at an Agate 991C2S in bright sunlight at the weekend and its definitely got a brown look to it. Put me off!

Interesting enough for me same exterior colors work for 991 GT3 and 991 Turbo/Turbo S:

-black

-red

-yellow

-white

-rhodium silver metallic

-GT silver metallic

RC:

I would love to own the 991 GT3 and the 991 Turbo S

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2012), Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Are you sure? For me this would be a very boring combination. The two cars are far too similar to own them both Smiley

They are both so different to drive.  RWD vs AWD and Turbo vs NA, it's like completely different animals.  I had a 997 C2S and 997 Turbo drove them both at the same time, totally different cars that simply look alike IMO.

KresoF1:

Interesting enough for me same exterior colors work for 991 GT3 and 991 Turbo/Turbo S:

-black

-red

-yellow

-white

-rhodium silver metallic

-GT silver metallic

Good list, thats my list too. Depends on how much attention you want. BB is my first choice so far:

Mithras:
    Conrad2:

I would never get the upgraded stereo but each to their own… The stock one is fine, quite good actually and I would rather spend the thousands elsewhere.

As for that colour combo, I think it is the best. Wonderful. Look at the SLS Mercedes, there are a lot oin this dark grey with red & black. It’s striking.

Let's face it: why would you configure something like the Burmester in a Turbo? Because someone said, you should order something that is said to be one of the best HiFi-systems for one of the best cars. Perhaps this someone sits in your head only, perhaps he sits in Zuffenhausen.

Fact is, that no car-HiFi-system will ever sound as good as your HighEnd equipment at home, even more when we are talking about a sports car, with its relatively loud engine and tyre noise. But to each his own and with less than 3k the Burmester suddenly isn't out of reach for many, I guess.

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

MKSGR:
    RC:

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2012), Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Are you sure? For me this would be a very boring combination. The two cars are far too similar to own them both Smiley

Totally agree. Rather get a Turbo and something Italian (or now even something British if you want Smiley) instead.

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

I think I am going to pass on the Burmester.  Black/black has always been a favorite but have had so many in that combo just looking for something different.  Agate grey and red/black look good on the configurator but it can be misleading some time.  I like darker colors better so also thinking about the dark blue metallic.  I realize of course that personal taste is key here, but still find input from others very helpful.

GT3ZZZ:
    KresoF1:

-black

-red

-yellow

-white

-rhodium silver metallic

-GT silver metallic

Good list, thats my list too. Depends on how much attention you want. BB is my first choice so far:

RC:

Right now, my car is 202k EUR...which is an awful lot for a 911 Turbo S... Smiley

Funny to see, that with every new GT3 and TT you forgot, what you decided a few month ago rational. and everytime you think about, what to pick: Your secret love GT3 or the TT, because there is the opportunity to pick up wife and kids. So you go for the TT. I knew that as you start the thread. Smiley Congrats to your next garage queen wirhout any space for your family. Smiley I wonder, why you buy not any special italian or british. Why not a California? Fantastic performancing four seater and a convertible. Of course not a Porsche 911 Turbo, but a fantastic sports car. Price would be really the same. Why not the Nissan GT-R with same performance figures, AWD and of course a four seater? A bargain!

Or something more emotional like the upcoming Stradale four seater. Including a tuning up to 645 hp cheaper than the 911 tt, but much more exclusive. And please stop the argumentation about resale value. Porsche lost this advantage as they start to produce too many cars! You got 11% for the Cayenne? This is the former level of discount, if you buy a BMW X5. Where should this end? With the Macan Porsche starts to sell cars to everyone. I really don't understand youSmiley

And sorry for spelling and syntax. I wrote this post on my iphone... Hope to get the new BB as soon as possible...

hussainh1:

They are both so different to drive.  RWD vs AWD and Turbo vs NA, it's like completely different animals.  I had a 997 C2S and 997 Turbo drove them both at the same time, totally different cars that simply look alike IMO.

I also drive and drove all these cars, of course (except for the 991 versions, obviously). I think driving them both highlights the deficiencies of the 997tt setup in the first place. I.e. you would feel angry every time you drive the tt as it the setup is not well done. Then, on the GT3 (in times before PDK) you would also feel a bit annoyed about the lack of engine power. I.e. constantly switching between these two cars (997 GT3/RS and TT) would only make me feel worse as I would constantly think about the (relative) deficiencies of these two cars...

Rossi:
    MKSGR:
    RC:

--

Totally agree. Rather get a Turbo and something Italian (or now even something British if you want Smiley) instead.

Smiley

MKSGR:
    Rossi:
    MKSGR:
    RC:

--

Smiley

RC, have you ever thought of having a GTR? Smiley Not so flashy, your clients will think that a regular nissan Smiley  4 seats, and powerfull

--

Conrad2:

Hey...you stole my color combo. Smiley

Smiley

Agate grey met. and the Black/Carrera Red Bi-color interior is the combo I am going to order if I can finalize the deal.

I actually wanted to go with black but if I choose black, some of the design elements get "lost", so I take a slightly lighter color. The interior is kind of an experiment for me, never had such a flashy interior but I think it is time to get something for exciting, especially since the Turbo S is going to be my fun car.

Burmester? I love it in my Panamera, the sound is amazing but in the much smaller 991 Turbo S, I don't know if it is really that much of a difference vs. Bose. I decided not to order Burmester and I hope I do not regret it. I have Bose in my Cayenne GTS and while there is a difference between Bose and Burmester, it is less obvious than I thought, especially with the kind of music (Dance, Hip Hop, Trap, Electro, R&B, Smooth Jazz, etc.) I'm listening to. Classic music sounds really better with Burmester though. I have a very good hearing and the difference between Bose and Burmester exists but to me, it isn't worth the added price. It also adds weight... Smiley Smiley

Not sure what to do with the sunroof: The glass version is more expensive but also adds black paint in front and back, which kind of makes a nice contrast to the Agate grey metallic color. On the other hand, the regular sunroof is cheaper and probably lighter (no heavy safety glass) and it is no secret that added weight to the roof can actually change a car's handling behavior. Unfortunately I have no idea or information on the weight difference but if the glass roof weights 5 kg or more than the regular roof, I will go for the regular one. Just need to find a way to find out. Smiley

--

SportCarGroup:
    RC, have you ever thought of having a GTR? Smiley Not so flashy, your clients will think that a regular nissan Smiley  4 seats, and powerfull

Of course. I even had a test drive with the car (before I decided to go for the C63 AMG Coupe). Not my cup of tea. Horrible looks, sound is not really great too but I kind of liked the interior and the performance was great. Still...this car didn't tickle my senses at all, so I passed on it.

--

My new background on my office computer... Smiley

bs.jpg

--

RC,

Time to start the talk with your dealer Smiley.

--
    Happy Driving

Ron (Houston):

RC,

Time to start the talk with your dealer Smiley.

I guess you missed some of the initial posts, Ron. I already talked to him, I have a production spot in October for one of his first two cars he receives, we are still negotiating the lease though. Smiley Panamera Turbo S goes (July)...991 Turbo S comes...if the dealer is willing to compromise a little bit.

--

RC:
    Agate grey met. and the Black/Carrera Red Bi-color interior is the combo I am going to order if I can finalize the deal.

Not sure what to do with the sunroof: 

the carrera red/black interior rocks .. not too much red for those who don't want to be too flashy Smiley

anthracite brown and carrera red/black would be just as awesome ..

glass roof undoubtedly heavier as it has the electric retractable blind ... BUT wonderful to have more light in the winter months.

PDCC will easily neutralise any weight penalty .. I doubt any one would notice it.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688542 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408695 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255520 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234777 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65393 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4635 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857577 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773365 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM