Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayenne Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

2015 Porsche Cayenne - Facelift Thread Closed

As it turns out, the Panamera is not the only Porsche model that's been on the market longer than the new 911 that's being prepped for a facelift. Shortly after Stuttgart made the 2014 Panamera official today, our spies sent these shots of a very lightly camouflaged Cayenne prototype with some mild cosmetic tweaks.

Much like the 2014 Panamera, the Cayenne, which should arrive in the market late next year as a 2015 model, will receive new headlamps and taillights that in this prototype, are covered over with faux decals, as well as a redesigned front and a re-profiled rear bumper with a new diffuser.

We could also see new wheels and some minor interior improvements making their way on the production model.

Since the Panamera and Cayenne share the same engines, it's only logical to assume that Porsche's updated mid-size crossover will surely gain the new 3.0-litre bi-turbo V6 gasoline unit with 414hp (420PS) and 520 Nm (383.5 lb-ft) of torque replacing the naturally aspirated V8, and possibly the 410hp plug-in hybrid V6 powerplant, both of which were introduced on the 2014 Panamera.

Re: 2015 Porsche Cayenne - Facelift Thread Closed

The new shape of the front lights is very visible in the first picture. I'm not sure I like it better than the current models. But the new rear diffuser seen on the last pic does look really good. 

I hope the restyling will be like the one on the Panamera,so difficult to see.broken heart

Mine has 2 years but only 7000 kms on the speedo...i think that i will wait the all new Cayenne and jump the restyling of the current one.

The rear lower part of the bumper seems better than the current one,but we know that Porsche put the exhaust pipes in the bumper only on the restyling model,like in the first series of the Cayenne,so all like scheduled...indecision

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II,2011 Cayenne Turbo

The restyling will be similar to the Panamera (got a confirmation today), however the new Macan will set a new design language for the next Cayenne generation.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2012), Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

RC:

The restyling will be similar to the Panamera (got a confirmation today), however the new Macan will set a new design language for the next Cayenne generation.

Good news, will continue to enjoy my V8 Cayenne and the have a good look at the Macan Turbo Smiley

--

2012 Cayenne S White/Espresso 

Ex: 993 Targa, 986S, 986 and 964 C2

I feel sad that Porsche had to go the V6 turbo route on the Panamera facelift and the very same engine will make it into the Cayenne too as far as I heard but it makes sense now if we are thinking Macan because the V6 engine can be used in the Macan too, thus lowering overall production/development cost for the Macan, Panamera and Cayenne. Not sure however if customers accept a turbo charged V6 in a +100k car (Panamera S/4S), time will tell.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2012), Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

If what RC said about the Cayenne facelift incorporating Panamera facelift design cues is true, then it should include the following:

EXTERIOR
    - The same headlight shape as on the Panamera facelift
    - No more LED daytime running light strips in the air intakes for the non-Turbo models; they'll migrate to the four-spot LEDs in the headlights like on the current GTS and Turbo models
    - The new indicators for the non-Turbo Cayennes will be the small light strip containing a night position light and LED indicators positioned somewhere in between the headlight and air intakes
    - The new GTS/Turbo auxiliary light units will be the two blades embedded in the air intake like the new Panamera GTS/Turbo
    - The taillights will feature horizontal light strips instead of individual dots on the current model
    - The side mirrors will integrate LED indicators
    - The rear diffuser will take from the Panamera Gran Turismo concept and will embed the exhaust tailpipes rather than have them at the bottom of the bumper

POWER
    - Cayenne - VW 3.6L VR6 - 310 hp
    - Cayenne Diesel - 3.0L V6 - 245 hp [can possibly be bumped up to around 300 hp a year after the facelift is introduced in similar fashion to the new Panamera Diesel]
    - Cayenne S - 3.0L twin-turbo V6 - 420 hp
    - Cayenne S Diesel - 4.2L V8 - 382 hp
    - Cayenne S E-Hybrid - 3.0L supercharged V6 and e-hybrid system - 416 hp
    - Cayenne GTS - 4.8L naturally-aspirated V8 - 430 hp
    - Cayenne Turbo - 4.8L twin-turbo V8 - 520 hp
    - Cayenne Turbo S - 4.8L twin-turbo V8 - 570-600 hp

The VW-sourced 3.6L VR6 is supposed to make its last appearance in the base petrol Cayenne for the facelift as Porsche's alliance with VW included having the VR6 power the base Cayenne for two full model cycles. The next Cayenne, which will be built off a platform developed by Audi [to be previewed by the forthcoming Q7], should feature Porsche engines across the board.

rulesdontapply

--

2008 Porsche Boxster S PDE2
    2012 Porsche Cayenne S

Some more pics of upcoming Cayenne facelift

2015-porsche-cayenne-facelift-spy-shots_100424646_l.jpg2015-porsche-cayenne-facelift-spy-shots_100424647_l.jpg2015-porsche-cayenne-facelift-spy-shots_100424648_l.jpg2015-porsche-cayenne-facelift-spy-shots_100424649_l.jpg2015-porsche-cayenne-facelift-spy-shots_100424650_l.jpg2015-porsche-cayenne-facelift-spy-shots_100424651_l.jpg2015-porsche-cayenne-facelift-spy-shots_100424645_l.jpg2015-porsche-cayenne-facelift-spy-shots_100424652_l.jpg

--

13661251795502015-porsche-cayenne-facelift-spy-shots_100424658_l.jpg13661251795572015-porsche-cayenne-facelift-spy-shots_100424659_l.jpg13661251795182015-porsche-cayenne-facelift-spy-shots_100424654_l.jpg13661251795262015-porsche-cayenne-facelift-spy-shots_100424655_l.jpg13661251795342015-porsche-cayenne-facelift-spy-shots_100424656_l.jpg13661251793992015-porsche-cayenne-facelift-spy-shots_100424653_l.jpg13661251795422015-porsche-cayenne-facelift-spy-shots_100424657_l.jpg

--

spyshots-2015-porsche-cayenne-facelift_1.jpgspyshots-2015-porsche-cayenne-facelift_2.jpgspyshots-2015-porsche-cayenne-facelift_3.jpgErlkoenig-Porsche-Cayenne-19-fotoshowImageNew-5f5fb50d-674952.jpgspyshots-2015-porsche-cayenne-facelift_4.jpgErlkoenig-Porsche-Cayenne-19-fotoshowImageNew-6e979597-674954.jpgspyshots-2015-porsche-cayenne-facelift_5.jpgErlkoenig-Porsche-Cayenne-19-fotoshowImageNew-8d096075-674955.jpgErlkoenig-Porsche-Cayenne-19-fotoshowImageNew-3077b5fe-674953.jpgErlkoenig-Porsche-Cayenne-19-fotoshowImageNew-e311ef1-674951.jpg

--

Looking good!

Perfect facelift for me :p

very little to no difference

--

2012 Cayenne TT, looking for a nice 4-seater sports car to answer my call :)

I talked to Porsche yesterday (reliable guy I know in the sales of the PAG). As we want to replace our Range Rover Sport towards a Cayenne I asked to learn more about the facelift. He said - it might come next year but the final decision is not taken if the facelift is going to be moved one year. Second - he said the change is more drastically as on the Panamera - his words "I know you won't like it to have the old one after seeing the facelift. We have to consider that the car looks not dated next to the Macan". Exactly this he explained might be the reason to push it behind the Macan introduction - "sales is interested to push the introduction date as we (Porsche) would see buyers taking the move to a new Cayenne and not to a Macan - which probably will sell well anyway". 

Lars997:

"I know you won't like it to have the old one after seeing the facelift. We have to consider that the car looks not dated next to the Macan".

That makes sense, in any case the Macan will steal sales from the Cayenne. I'm sure there are a lot of current Cayenne drivers (in Europe) who would have prefered a smaller version. Going forward, with my twins growing out of the stroler, I would size down myself.

--

2012 Cayenne S White/Espresso 

Ex: 993 Targa, 986S, 986 and 964 C2

Yes, the Macan will sell pretty well but I also think that Porsche kind of opened Pandora's box here with this car. A completely new customer base will be created and even worse, the used car customer base will be of a much lower income, creating some serious issues for the Porsche dealers. Or do you really think that a used Macan owner will accept to be treated "less important" than a customer of a Porsche 911? How does the dealer cope with the different customer bases, how do they manage to keep every customer happy and so on. Also many Porsche dealerships in Germany are pretty small and barely have space to display more than ten cars at a time.

I see many issues rising up with the Macan introduction, issues Porsche and their dealers haven't dealt with in the past.

I wouldn't want to be a small(er) Porsche dealer right now, especially not in Germany (Porsche customers are demanding...I heard the weirdest stories).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S (Sept. 2013), Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Looks nice.  Wish I liked the rear lights more.  Just seem too big and out of context...

RC:

Or do you really think that a used Macan owner will accept to be treated "less important" than a customer of a Porsche 911? 

Well said! Also questionable if a used-car Macan owner will accept 140€ hourly rates for an Porsche mechanic? Smiley

Lars997:
    RC:

Or do you really think that a used Macan owner will accept to be treated "less important" than a customer of a Porsche 911? 

Well said! Also questionable if a used-car Macan owner will accept 140€ hourly rates for an Porsche mechanicSmiley

Smiley I guess there will be different rates for a Macan. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S (Sept. 2013), Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Any word on if the cheap V6 will change meaningfully or just the normal 10hp increase?  Looking to replace my winter beater and don't drive it enough to justify spending very much.

rno:

Any word on if the cheap V6 will change meaningfully or just the normal 10hp increase?  Looking to replace my winter beater and don't drive it enough to justify spending very much.

My guess is that we'll see the same VW VR6 lump updated with a 10hp increase. I'd ideally like to see the Panamera's V6 engine in there instead of that old thing; either the 3.6L naturally-aspirated one or a detuned version of the new 3.0L twin-turbo V6 going into the new Cayenne S.

I think China is getting the better end of the deal; their current base Cayenne uses the 333hp supercharged V6 from the Cayenne S Hybrid since it displaces a hair under three liters and is therefore exempted  from heavy taxation applied to larger engines. Their facelifted engine will either get the same engine with a power bump or use a detuned version of the Porsche 3.0L TT V6 [the same way their base Panamera gets a 320hp version of it while the rest of the world gets the 310hp 3.6L engine].

rulesdontapply

--

2008 Porsche Boxster S PDE2
    2012 Porsche Cayenne S

Thanks, somehow missed your detailed post above.

I was told yesterday that the Cayenne facelift is coming in quarter 4 2014. We'll also see GTS versions of the Boxster, Cayman and 991 introduced next year. It looks like VW are intent on expanding the model line up as far as they can stretch it.

Hmmm - a boxster GTS..... now that'll be interesting!

--

991 (what a car!) XC90 - Black/Black 2 kids, 1 dog

ISUK:

I was told yesterday that the Cayenne facelift is coming in quarter 4 2014. We'll also see GTS versions of the Boxster, Cayman and 991 introduced next year. It looks like VW are intent on expanding the model line up as far as they can stretch it.

Even more models than they did before? Smiley

I don't know if that's the right strategy... Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:
    ISUK:

Even more models than they did before? Smiley

I don't know if that's the right strategy... Smiley

These are not more models but  more versions. IMO this is a positive step provided that these versions are meaningful for the buyer and not just marketing tricks.

--

"Form follows function"

I think they risk becoming the next Audi Stefan with a mad rush to increase volume. It's a more dangerous game this time around though as it is far more difficult to push the elasticity of a brand who's success was built upon exclusivity as well as great engineering. Audi started off from a base of having a pretty mediocre image and could only really improve upon it. Porsche run the risk of making their products far too common place and losing the justification for premium pricing. There is certainly no denying they have changed the focus of their cars to appeal to a far wider audience.

Interesting times ahead I think.

ISUK:

I think they risk becoming the next Audi Stefan with a mad rush to increase volume. It's a more dangerous game this time around though as it is far more difficult to push the elasticity of a brand who's success was built upon exclusivity as well as great engineering. Audi started off from a base of having a pretty mediocre image and could only really improve upon it. Porsche run the risk of making their products far too common place and losing the justification for premium pricing. There is certainly no denying they have changed the focus of their cars to appeal to a far wider audience.

Interesting times ahead I think.

The maximum of 200.000 units, set as a longer term target is nothing in the grand scheme of things. It doesn't detract from the status IMO.

Mercedes can charge 200.000 EUR for the SLS and as much as 150.000 EUR for some versions of the S Class (a model which BTW is offered as a taxi) whereas they make plenty of cheap small cars, taxis plus vans, tracks and buses. Is Jaguar, for example with its limited production (due to limited demand) any more special than Mercedes?

--

"Form follows function"

Reginos,

You are possibly not living in a market where Porsches are becoming a fairly common place sight. An increase of volume of that magnitude for a luxury brand at these price levels is a major step change. A lot of car manufacturers have got their sums seriously wrong at this end of the market in terms of estimating it's size and buyers continued acceptance of high pricing.

Ferrari are a classic case. They are not reducing volume because they want to, in spite of the spin coming out of Maranello. Sales have slowed down dramatically in many markets and there is only so much "volume switching" between sales territories that the market will stand. In spite of promising not to repeat the crazy over supply of 430 models in 2008 onto the UK market for example the temptation has once again proved too much to ignore and they have done it again with the 458 which has soaked up production volume from depressed Italian and German sales. This is hurting used values here significantly and will once more lead to UK dealers exporting used cars overseas to any market that will take them.

Porsche is already doing market volume switching with the 991 GT3 as quite a few more production slots mysteriously opened up here in the first round of production.

I don't doubt the new models/variants will be a success in the short to medium term but the true effects of pushing the brand won't trickle through for a few years. The long term strategy will not stop at 200,000 units if those sales targets are easily met..... that I can virtually guarantee you

ISUK:

Reginos,

You are possibly not living in a market where Porsches are becoming a fairly common place sight.

Iain, believe me that I see about 10-15 Porsches  within the 10km radius that I circulate daily. So I can see what you mean. Due to the climate, 10 year old cars look like 2 year olds in the UK, so people stick to their cars for longer.

I don't doubt the new models/variants will be a success in the short to medium term but the true effects of pushing the brand won't trickle through for a few years. The long term strategy will not stop at 200,000 units if those sales targets are easily met..... that I can virtually guarantee you

That would be wrong. There has to be a stop at that volume. However, if Porsche don't stop at that figure, I am sure that the market forces will eventually contain production and supply. Provided that they will nor introduce a Golf or a 3 series (who knows Smiley), I don't think they could sell more than 200.000 units.

However, I want your opinion on Mercedes. They still command prestige and high prices for the top models in spite being ubiquitous. So, the reverse correlation between volume and prestige is not always applicable.Smiley

--

"Form follows function"

bridggar:

Hmmm - a boxster GTS..... now that'll be interesting!

A Cayman GTS would wet my appetite too. 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689553 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409229 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255739 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234990 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65524 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4648 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857973 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774033 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM