Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayenne Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Cayenne and Cayenne S painted lower body panels

Someone know if Porsche has in plan to make the options for the Cayenne and Cayenne S to have the lower part of the body painted in body colour instead of have it black?

I love the Cayenne Turbo look,the 3.2 and S looks not finished with that black lower part....

If this oprions will be available i will change my Cayenne colour..that now is Black..

Thanks
    CIao
    Dario

Re: Cayenne and Cayenne S painted lower body panels

I am not aware of any plans at present. The exclusive department might be able to do it. They already have a number of special Cayenne exterior trim details. You can get mirrors and grill in that brushed aluminum look.

You can also have it painted yourself. I did (see below). There was also a Cayenne S at the Porsche dealer in Mexico that was painted Sand White. That was very nice.

Here's the car from Porsche Puebla.

You can paint ALL, if you pay it :=)

Thanks guys...

I know i can paint them aftermarket..but i prefer have the car finished one times for all..

After the holidays i ask my dealer if he can tell me how much i must pay...

Ciao
    Dario
    p.s.GM,your car looks great!

you can order it completely paint by factory, that is no problem!!!

WOW!

Can you tell me the option code/number for the Cayenne 3.2?

Thanks
    Ciao
    Dario

The dealer painted mine so that is where I will go back if there is a problem with the paint.

And, thanks for the compliment on the car.

Tell it to your dealer, and i think he can order it, i dont know any codes, sorry!!!

Ok..thanks

I let you know what my dealer tell me in the next days..

Ciaoo

Quote:
    Dario 996TT said:
    Ok..thanks

I let you know what my dealer tell me in the next days..

Ciaoo

Exclusive department offers now some options which aren't available in the sales brochure. I actually like it more if the lower body parts are black (I was thinkhing of painting mine in black because the Turbo has ones painted in body color ) but it isn't worth the extra money.
    Imagine how fast the painted parts get scratched, especially if you do some serious off-roading.

The painting of the lower body parts should be available in Europe (for now) through Exclusive department, just ask your dealer to talk to Exclusive department in Germany.
    However you should be aware of one thing: every Exclusive mod involving painting may delay the delivery of your car by at least one month.

I don't get it, Dario: why don't you get a black Cayenne S and forget about spending additional money for "design" options? I had the chance to drive the V6 (Tip) and I didn't like it. For a guy used to a 996 Turbo like you, you won't be happy. Don't say I didn't "warn" you.

Thanks Chris for worning me.. i know that on the 3.2 i will have NO engine...but i prefer to take some money to spend on the 997 Turbo...

I can't wait to see how it will look,and how much power it has!

Ciaoo
    Dario

Darione,Chris!
    I've the same problem!
    I'll order my cayenne s this week ,and i'd like to have the car painted like the turbo.
    my dealer says that it's impossible to order this option !
    please tell me the exclisive code as soon as possible!!!

however if it's impossible to have it i'll paint the car myself! (better my coachbuilder !!)

thanks!!!

Quote:
    Exclusive department offers now some options which aren't available in the sales brochure. I actually like it more if the lower body parts are black (I was thinkhing of painting mine in black because the Turbo has ones painted in body color ) but it isn't worth the extra money.
    Imagine how fast the painted parts get scratched, especially if you do some serious off-roading.

I believe the Cay is offered with an offroad package that includes black lowers for that very reason of avoiding having the color trim nicked. Hopefully thit package is available in the same spec. in Europe?

I have dark teal metallic and the contrast is not too obvious, I think it looks worse with the light colors.

I also think the dark teal looks fine with the black moldings. It's not that noticeable and, even when noticed, not really that objectionable.

Some have commented on the possibility of the paint being scratched when off-roading. I have had my moldings painted for a few months now and I also do a good bit of off-roading. I don't see any paint scraped off yet.

I was under the car doing some other work today and was able to examine those panels closely. I can see that they have received quite a few scrapes but nothing that removed the paint yet. The paint adhesion seems excellent. I think my painter did a good job.

What about a white Cayenne S? Should I get my lower body painted too? Or should I leave it black?

I'm getting the 22" Black wheels though. Help help, thanksss

I think a white S with painted lower moldings looks great. Did you look at the one from Porsche Puebla at the beginning of this thread?

yup I did, that influenced me to do the same LOL... alright I'll get it painted, anyway I will need to buy the Turbo Rear Valance, quite lucky that its not as expensive as I thought.

I will need to get the lower body parts sanded smooth before painting them right? Do you know roughly how much the painting will cost?

Thanks

You can get them sanded or not, up to you. I did not. My cost was $700 through the dealer's paint shop and it was part of the purchase so it was at their cost I believe. Figure $700-$1000. Make sure the paint shop knows what they are doing. Prep for the plastic and the right amount of flex additive for the paint will be critical.

thanks for the advice Don't worry, my autoshop is doing a great job

If its not sanded, do you think there will be a lot of dots on the paint? Because I feel that the lower body parts are not smooth.

Your right, the're not smooth and if you don't sand them they will have a textured quality to them. I don't mind this at all and, in fact, I like the lower moldings with a little texture. Many other Porsches have a texture to the paint on the lower moldings. I think it's to make the inevitable nicks and dings in this area less noticeable.

Alright cool.
    My friend can hook me up with the Turbo Rear Valance for a cheaper price, but they need to ship it to my place. I'm sure my dealer charges me more than my friend. Also I do not trust my dealer because they did terrible job. I guess I have to do the painting and sanding and installation in another place Hopefully the total cost will not be that high.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM