Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 991 RSR

991_20.jpg

991_30.jpg

Cool! Any photos from cockpit?

--

sportcars-history.com

Not yet. The car was just launched this afternoon at Paul Ricard

Great looking car. Looking forward to see it on the track and curious how it will fair. kiss

Very nice picture:

10747_547336728644648_1421357157_n.jpg

Interior:

1364494625446306049_547336671977987_1866066553_n.jpg

Ferdie:

Interior:

1364494625446306049_547336671977987_1866066553_n.jpg

Thanks!Smiley

--

sportcars-history.com

You´re welcome! Some more pictures on netcarshow.com.

Ferdie:

You´re welcome! Some more pictures on netcarshow.com.

Smiley Thank you!

--

sportcars-history.com

PORSCHE 991 RSR LE MANS RACER UNVEILED...

Porsche-911-RSR-2013-02.jpg

On the eve of the Official FIA WEC Test, Porsche has unveiled the 911 RSR. No guest presentation or bling, but a friendly ceremony with Hartmut Kristen, Olaf Manthey pilot and six Team Manthey Porsche AG: Timo Bernhard, Romain Dumas, Patrick Pilet, Jörg Bergmeister, Richard Lietz and Marc Lieb. The famous German manufacturer of the best ways the 50th anniversary of his 911 with two cars lined up in the World Endurance Championship and the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

OLAF MANTHEY: "THE TIME OF RENEWAL WITH THE 911 RSR!"

2013-Porsche-911-RSR_00.jpg

Winner of the 24 Hours of Le Mans 1999 (GT) with his team, Olaf Manthey has good grab up again in June, even if this six residents of Team Manthey Porsche AG will face strong competition. It is a homecoming for Olaf Manthey: "I am very proud to be the family Porsche Motorsport. We took part in many races with Porsche, including a victory in the GT 24 Hours of Le Mans 1999. We also run the 997 in the 24 Hours of Spa. This is the time of renewal with the 991. "

"We will take part in the Endurance World Championship and is not expected pa sà an easy season. Everyone is working hard to be competitive. We have carried out several test sessions but it does not replace race . It took a while to put together but we are confident. far, we were alone on the track and we have a first answer to Silverstone. "

2013-Porsche-911-RSR_01.jpg

2013-Porsche-911-RSR_02.jpg

2013-Porsche-911-RSR_03.jpg

2013-Porsche-911-RSR_04.jpg

2013-Porsche-911-RSR_05.jpg

2013-Porsche-911-RSR_06.jpg

2013-Porsche-911-RSR_07.jpg

2013-Porsche-911-RSR_08.jpg

2013-Porsche-911-RSR_09.jpg

2013-Porsche-911-RSR_10.jpg

2013-Porsche-911-RSR_11.jpg

2013-Porsche-911-RSR_12.jpg

2013-Porsche-911-RSR_13.jpg

2013-Porsche-911-RSR_14.jpg

2013-Porsche-911-RSR_15.jpg

2013-Porsche-911-RSR_16.jpg

2013-Porsche-911-RSR_17.jpg

2013-Porsche-911-RSR_18.jpg

2013-Porsche-911-RSR_19.jpg

2013-Porsche-911-RSR_20.jpg

2013-Porsche-911-RSR_21.jpg

2013-Porsche-911-RSR_22.jpg

2013-Porsche-911-RSR_23.jpg

2013-Porsche-911-RSR_24.jpg

2013-Porsche-911-RSR_25.jpg

2013-Porsche-911-RSR_26.jpg

2013-Porsche-911-RSR_27.jpg

2013-Porsche-911-RSR_28.jpg

2013-Porsche-911-RSR_29.jpg

2013-Porsche-911-RSR_30.jpg

2013-Porsche-911-RSR_31.jpg

2013-Porsche-911-RSR_32.jpg

PORSCHE 991 RSR LE MANS RACER UNVEILED -- Article Link

Smiley SmileySmiley

Porsche 991 RSR: Interview with Patrick Pilet...

PATRICK PILET: "FOR US TO REFINE OUR WEAPONS!"

Patrick Pilet is one of two French pilots who will fly one of two Porsche 911 RSR Endurance World Championship with Romain Dumas. After a season in the International GT Open in IMSA Performance Matmut plus a few rods in the ALMS, the Auch share the wheel of the # 91 with Jörg Bergmeister on the entire FIA ​​WEC season, the duo is joined by Timo Bernhard 24 Hours of Le Mans. It is in the booth Team Manthey Porsche AG the German manufacturer has introduced its new baby to the press. It is a pleasure Patrick Pilet has unveiled the 911 RSR.

Laurent Mercier: This is the beginning of a new challenge for you with the 911 RSR?

Patrick Pilet: "This is a beautiful car and the beginning of a new challenge. I am very pleased to have been selected for this program. It has been 15 years since Porsche had not taken part in an official program in Endurance. In addition, I will play the entire championship. This year, the GTE-Pro looks even tougher than last year. Just look at the list of entrants for the 24 Hours of Le Mans where there is only official teams. It's just madness. That is a great season ahead of us and we refine our weapons!"

The first tests were positive?

"It took optimize everything and we still do not explore all areas of the car. The first tests were positive and all gaining momentum gradually. Team Manthey Porsche AG has the means to do well. We completed a lot of kilometers, even though the weather was not very favourable on some sessions. I am the only one to have taken part in all development. We will say that this car before us is the model 2.0 that I drove in late 2012."

It is much more successful than the old one?

"The car is a 911. However, there are many differences, especially in terms of control. To us to adapt. Found the sensations of 997. The wheelbase of the 911 RSR is elongated and wishbone front is different, which can help us especially on the edges. Everyone works hard to ensure that we are ready for Silverstone. There is a lot of pressure and the desire to do well. We want to win and demonstrate the potential of the car."

Before lifting the veil on the 911 RSR, the pilots of the Porsche Carrera Cup France were able to view exclusive. You continue your role as sponsor?

"This is a chance for them to be able to see the car. It is a way to tell them that's what you have to do! it can be yours in the future. (Laughs). I think the level will be even more than last year. I will be more present in the meetings according to my program. I'm really glad to be again the sponsor of the Porsche Carrera Cup France."

You have another program set with Porsche?

"I have to take part in the Nürburgring 24 Hours race with a preparer. The team will be announced shortly. The tour is fabulous and it's a little Disneyland for pilots. This is one of the last circuits where the pilot makes the difference. I took part in a race in 2012 and Olaf Manthey has asked me to start, which was a sacred responsibility. I completed all my stint in mind and I have very fond memories."

Do you have the LMP1 prototype in a corner of your head?

"I am fully concentrated on the 911 RSR program. For the record, when I signed my contract with Porsche in 2008, I told them that I wanted to win the 24 Hours of Le Mans, and not only in GT. At that time, I did not know that Porsche would return to the premier class. I'll take things as they come and I'll start with my best this season."

Porsche 991 RSR: Interview with Patrick Pilet -- Article Link

Smiley SmileySmiley

Boxster Coupe GTS:

Thanks for the link, mate. The fender cutout around the additional lights looks aerodynamically very interesting. 

I love these pictures! The car looks amazing. I just hope that the engine will provide the necessary power and torque. (they are racing against some very big engines)

I am also very pleased for Pillet. He was on fire last year , so lets hope that he keeps it up this year.

Old days these cars have been very close to the "standard Carrera". Today they are pure race cars with a certain look and touch but more or less not comparable anymore!

Racing is much more "professional" these days, and this year GTE is basically made up of Works and semi-Works teams.

"“To a certain degree, the car is more complicated than the 911 GT1 98,” he says when asked about the 911’s most recent Le Mans win. “But you know, with the 911 GT1, we had more freedom from the regulations. With the GTE car you have to stick much closer to the production car and when you look at the performance that you can get from a car like that it’s not that far away from what you could get 15 years ago with the GT1 car. So that overall shows the performance development that you see in GT cars and that you see with the 911. This is definitely very impressive.” - Hartmut Kristen (Daily Sportscar)

Porsche 911 RSR (Official Press Release)

Consequent lightweight design for 50th anniversary...

Stuttgart. Porsche has developed a new GT race car for the World Endurance Championship (WEC) and the Le Mans 24 Hours. The new 911 RSR is characterised by consequent lightweight design and sophisticated aerodynamics. The exceptional vehicle styling honours a very special anniversary: From a bird’s eye perspective, the numbers 50 and 911 are visible. These stand for 50 years of the Porsche 911. The Porsche AG Team Manthey works squad exclusively fields two Porsche 911 RSR in the 2013 season.

The new 911 RSR, which is based on the seventh generation of the iconic 911 sports car, follows in the footsteps of its successful predecessor, the 911 GT3 RSR. As with the production vehicle, the wheelbase grew by about ten centimetres. A new wishbone front suspension replaces the previously used McPherson struts. Another new development from Porsche Motorsport is the particularly lightweight racing gearbox. The six gears are selected via paddles on the steering wheel. The 460 hp, 4.0-litre six-cylinder boxer engine was taken from the predecessor and optimised in detail.

One of the priorities in the development of the new 911 RSR was the more evenly balanced weight distribution. The centre of gravity is also significantly lower than that of its predecessor. Carbon fibre played a crucial role in the new design. The front and rear mudguards, front and rear lids, doors, underbody, wheel arches, rear wing, dashboard and centre console are constructed from the very light and strong material. Moreover, all windows are made of particularly thin and light polycarbonate. Also contributing to the weight reduction is the lithium-ion battery known from the GT road-legal models.

The look of the new 911 RSR is dominated by the flared mudguards and the deep cooling air intakes at the front. With the new air ducting, the radiator is now centrally-located in the front and even more effective than in the previous model. At the same time, the cockpit air conditioning became more efficient. The quick-change concept of the body parts was specially adapted for endurance racing, allowing for easier maintenance and shorter repair times. The front end, front lid and rear panel are fitted with quick release systems and can be replaced within seconds.

Competing in the Porsche 911 RSR with starting number 92 are Porsche works drivers Marc Lieb (Germany) and Richard Lietz (Austria), who already shared a cockpit in the 2012 WEC. At the first two races of the season in Silverstone (14.4) and Spa (4.5) as well as at the 24 Hours of Le Mans (22.6), they receive support from their works driver colleague Romain Dumas (France). Factory pilots also drive the #91 sister car, with Joerg Bergmeister (Germany) and Patrick Pilet (France) making up a team. In Silverstone, Spa and Le Mans, the duo is joined by Timo Bernhard (Germany).

-- Source: Porsche Motorsport --

The car set the second best time in GTE today at testing (Paul Ricard) with 1:59.523. F458 (AM class) was quicker with 1:59.422. Not bad at all for the first test.

Wet track.

Looks as wide as the 458!

BGimGMdCAAAoGXd.jpg

Everything on this thread is shod with Michelin - and still no news of Super Sports being N-Rated??  mail

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

Porsche 991 RSR -- Official Unveiling Video...

"Porsche Motorsport will compete in the 2013 FIA World Endurance Championship with the brand new Porsche 911 RSR run by Porsche AG Team Manthey. The world premier of the car that will compete in the World Endurance Championship this year, including the 90th anniversary of the 24 Heures du Mans was held at Paul Ricard on Thursday 28 March..."

Porsche 991 RSR -- Official Unveiling Video Link

Smiley SmileySmiley

Second day of testing has started. Still wet track.

Richard Lietz Optimistic Of New Porsche 911 RSR...

(30 March 2013)

Following a challenging first season, which saw his aging Porsche 997-based 911 GT3 RSR outpaced by the competition, Richard Lietz returns to the FIA World Endurance Championship as part of Porsche AG Team Manthey’s new 911 RSR program, and looking to take the fight to Ferrari and Aston Martin.

Lietz will rejoin longtime co-driver, and fellow Porsche factory driver Marc Lieb at the wheel of one of the German squad’s works GTE-Pro entries in the eight-round global championship, which kicks off next month at Silverstone.

With a brand-new car in the 911 RSR, unveiled Thursday at Paul Ricard, the Austrian will have a new challenge at hand in developing the latest GTE contender into a class winner on the world’s stage.

SPEED caught up with Lietz at the world premiere of the 911 RSR to get his thoughts on the car and the season ahead.

Q: What is the biggest change in the 911 RSR for you as a driver?

LIETZ: We’ve tried to develop a more consistent car. Last year we had quite a big drop, especially when it was hot. We lost a lot of time in Bahrain and all of the circuits where we had very high temperature.

The main focus was to try and get the car more consistent. I think we did quite a good job. I’m quite sure we’ll be more consistent.

Q: Does it take a different driving approach?

LIETZ: It’s definitely a 911, as the engine is in the back. It feels a little bit different because of the weight distribution. It’s a lot more to the front now, and it was a big step, over the bumps at Sebring, for example.

It is different to drive. It takes some time to get used to it, or to push the car to the limit. But in the end its very nice.

Q: How has the testing gone so far?

LIETZ: At the end, you’re testing to find the car’s problems. For sure, that’s why we did the tests. I’m quite sure we’ve solved all of them and the car should be ready to race.

Q: Are you looking forward to the battle in GTE-Pro?

LIETZ: It’s going to be a big fight. I’m happy that we are allowed and are able to fight with them. Of course the car is new, so it’s at the beginning of its development. But already now, you feel a lot of changes from the 997 to 991. It was a change in the right direction. So I’m quite sure we’ll be able to fight this time.

In the end, this is the reason why we are here. Last year, it was so difficult to fight with them; it was a little bit frustrating for us. Now if we are able to fight, it gives us more pleasure for us drivers.

Also with Kobayashi and Bruno Senna, there will also perhaps be more media coverage for the championship. I think it’s a big step and WEC is going in the right direction.

Q: Do you think it may be realistic to fight for wins in the first few races?

LIETZ: It’s a full factory, basically, but the factory didn’t do a lot of races last year. I think to give us some time, the first two races, will be important for us to get ready for Le Mans. But in the end, we’ve done a lot of testing and all the people are professionals, so I think we should start on a high level but there will still be stuff to improve.

From all the guys working on the team, the drivers, mechanics, engineers, etc. It’s new for everybody.

Smiley SmileySmiley

Joerg Bergmeister Looking Ahead To Porsche 911 RSR Debut...

(28 March 2013)

After spending a decade in the American Le Mans Series, Joerg Bergmeister takes on the challenge for 2013, as the Porsche factory driver will compete in the FIA World Endurance Championship, as part of the German manufacturer’s works program with its new 911 RSR.

The latest-generation GTE-spec car was unveiled Thursday at Paul Ricard, site of this week’s official pre-season WEC testing, which will see a single 991-based contender being put through its paces by its six-driver squad ahead of next month’s season-opener in Silverstone.

SPEED caught up with Bergmeister to get his thoughts on the new car and a preview of the season ahead in the competitive GTE-Pro ranks of the WEC.

Q: Is the Porsche 911 RSR a big change to you as a driver?

BERGMEISTER: It’s still a 911. You have to adapt your driving style quite a bit, but in general, I felt comfortable in the car. It’s fun so far. I really like the looks of the car and I’m optimistic for the year.

Q: How much testing have you done so far?

BERGMEISTER: I started in October of last year. I’ve been to Aragon, Abu Dhabi, Portimao, Sebring and Weissach, of course. It’s been pretty busy and I’ve done quite some testing.

Q: Can you pinpoint a major difference between the 997 and 991 model GTE cars?

BERGMEISTER: It feels more like a proper race car. The 997 always had a lot of body movement in the car. Now with the new suspension and new aero, it feels more like a solid race car. Therefore, you can roll more speed into the corners.

Q: Are you hopeful the 911 RSR will be more competitive in GTE?

BERGMEISTER: We’re definitely going to have a learning curve with development of the new car. But it’s always the question of Balance od Performance of where you end up in the end. The car has a lot of potential and it’s already a step ahead of the 997.

Q: Are you approaching this season as a development year?

BERGMEISTER: If it was up to me, I’d like the wins for sure! We’ll have to see, though. With BoP, you can never say, ‘OK, we’re going to win this race.’ It’s just up to the rule makers in the end if you are competitive or not.

Q: Are you gong to miss racing in the ALMS this year?

BERGMEISTER: I’m definitely going to miss the ALMS. I’ve been over there since 2002. So it’s going to be good going to Austin to race there together with ALMS. But in general, I’m really looking forward to this program here.

As a factory deal, it’s all I can ask for, being involved in this. Hopefully we’ll have a strong year and see what happens for 2014.

Q: What do you think of the competition in GTE-Pro?

BERGMEISTER: It’s definitely not as many cars as in the ALMS but the level I think it just as good. There’s six cars with pro lineups and all factory cars. It’s going to be tough.

Smiley SmileySmiley

Porsche-GT3-RSR-WEC-2-615x410.jpg

--

WEC World Endurance Championship FIA Official Test Session at Paul Ricard...

WEC World Endurance Championship FIA Official Test Session at Paul Ricard -- Video Link

Smiley SmileySmiley

Porsche 991 RSR photos from Paul Ricard...

Smiley SmileySmiley

FIA WEC Testing Complete and All Set For Silverstone...

(30 March 2013)

The second and final day of pre-season testing for the FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC) drew to a close this afternoon at Le Castellet amid bright sunshine and in front of thousands of spectators.

Although the morning started damp after overnight rain, there was plenty of opportunity for teams to fully familiarise drivers with their cars and fine-tune set up during the morning and afternoon sessions.  The quickest times of all five sessions were set this afternoon in three of the four classes. The only incidents of note concerned the No.76 IMSA Performance Matmut Porsche which stopped with an engine problem an hour before the end of the final session, and the No.25 Delta-ADR which went off track – suspension damage preventing further action.

Current LMP1 Privateer Champions Rebellion Racing ended the final session as it had begun – at the top of the time sheets, a place it held in each of the five sessions.  Neel Jani set the fastest lap of the two days in the afternoon session, lapping the Paul Ricard circuit in his No.12 Lola Toyota in a time of 1:43.521.  The Swiss team was half a second ahead of Britain’s Strakka Racing, with Danny Watts’s lap of 1:44.041 this morning representing the HPD ARX 03c’s best of the two days. 

The fastest of the eight LMP2 cars was the No.35 OAK Racing Morgan-Nissan with a lap of 1:47.398, again set in the afternoon session of the second day.  In this tightly-contested class, Bertrand Baguette just edged out his French team mate Olivier Pla in the No.24 OAK Racing entry by two tenths of a second, and the No.25 Delta-ADR Oreca O3 Nissan by three tenths.  LMP2 promises to be a thrilling battle from start to finish.

In LMGTE Pro, the final 3-hour session of the test ended with Giancarlo Fisichella in the No.71 AF Corse setting a fastest lap of 1:58.790, the Ferrari 458 Italia being 0.6 seconds faster than the No.91 Porsche AG Team Manthey Porsche 911 RSR this morning and 0.8 seconds ahead this afternoon.

Three of the LMGTE Am entrants elected not to run today: Larbre Competition’s Corvette C6-ZR1, IMSA Performance Matmut’s No.67 Porsche 911 GT3 RSR and the No.77 Proton Competition Porsche.  Of those remaining, new LMGTE team 8Star Motorsport today set the bar with a time of 1:59.455, ahead of the No.61 AF Corse Ferrari by just 0.075 seconds although the Italian car retained the fastest lap of the two days with a 1:59.422 set by Matt Griffin yesterday.

The 20 cars present in France now return to their individual bases to make their final preparations before heading to Silverstone in the UK with the remainder of the 35-strong entry for the first round of the championship on 12-14 April.  Practice for the 6 Hours of Silverstone gets underway on Friday 12 April at Silverstone in the UK, and the race starts at 12 noon on Sunday 14 April.

The car looks fantastic!

The car looks great Spyderidol, but I'm still struggling with 3 things about WEC:

Firstly the quote from BERGMEISTER: We’re definitely going to have a learning curve with development of the new car. But it’s always the question of Balance of Performance of where you end up in the end.It seems to make the whole thing rather pointless..?

Secondly, there are only 5 or 6 cars in each class.  Whilst I loved the coverage of Le Mans (it was the first time I'd emmersed myself in it this year on TV, watching a good 10 hours of the 24 hour coverage), are there enough cars in each category to really make it a "race"?  The ALMS seems to be better in this regard...

Thirdly - I find the coverage woeful - I could do a better job of the FIA WEC FB page (I hate twitter) and their website is appalling.  There don't appear to be any good sites.  I checked out the blogsite you suggested and that's useful, but it's  just that - a blog/chat site.

BTW - it was great hooking up with you in Cape Town last month - look forward to meeting up soon somewhere on the southern end of Africa!

--

Porsche Carrera GTS (2012); Porsche Cayenne Diesel (2012)

Budster:

The car looks great Spyderidol, but I'm still struggling with 3 things about WEC:

Firstly the quote from BERGMEISTER: We’re definitely going to have a learning curve with development of the new car. But it’s always the question of Balance of Performance of where you end up in the end.It seems to make the whole thing rather pointless..?

Secondly, there are only 5 or 6 cars in each class.  Whilst I loved the coverage of Le Mans (it was the first time I'd emmersed myself in it this year on TV, watching a good 10 hours of the 24 hour coverage), are there enough cars in each category to really make it a "race"?  The ALMS seems to be better in this regard...

Thirdly - I find the coverage woeful - I could do a better job of the FIA WEC FB page (I hate twitter) and their website is appalling.  There don't appear to be any good sites.  I checked out the blogsite you suggested and that's useful, but it's  just that - a blog/chat site.

BTW - it was great hooking up with you in Cape Town last month - look forward to meeting up soon somewhere on the southern end of Africa!

Hi Budster - Our trip to Cape Town was fantastic.We had a fantastic evening with you and your wife. Thank you once again. We will no doubt see you again sooner rather than later.

! -  Bergmeister has a point. The ACO has been rather liberal with the BOP for certain entries, and less so with others. Porsche cant really complain too much , as they went from being the reference car, to also being "assisted" by BoP. (of course not as much as some of the other cars). Hopefully, this year the ACO will not mess around too much with BoP and allow the cars to "naturally evolve". Some BoP is always needed, as there there are cars that are vastly different  (engine sizes, mid-engine, rear engine, front engines) and the ACO must guarantee some parity in order to make the racing palatable. It's the extent of the meddling that is a point of contention among fans.

2. - Le Mans will have 56 cars (as usual) Every year the ACO 'invites" the 56 entries to compete in the race. In addition, there are about 6 "reserves"waiting in the wings in case any of the invitees withdraw. In the case of the GTe - Pro class we will have 10 Works entries competing against each other.: 2 Porsches, 2 Ferraris, 2 Aston Martins, 2 Corvettes and 2 Vipers. It's going to be fantastic!

The small car count for GTE - Pro is for the WEC, but it is going to be very tightly fought. the other classes have more entries. I think that as the WEC grows, the GTE -Pro class will do so as well. It is important to remember however, that many of the tracks cant hold many more than the 35 or so entries. Personally, I think there are too many P2 cars in detriment to the GTE- Pro and LMP1 class. Next year this will be different due to Porsche's arrival in the LMP1 class.

3 - I'll keep you updated on news of coverage. I will be following via Live timing and listening to coverage on Radio Le Mans. (they will cover the entire WEC season).

All the best my friend..

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM