Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 991 RSR

I'm glad you're saying "no offence taken" casue there was absolutely non intended. Smiley Quite to the contrary, I'm enjoying your posts, and particularly the beautiful pictures, very much! Was just wondering about the repeats and you explained this clearly in your answer above. So, all is good Smiley

Happy holiday season Smiley

Manthey-Raeder Motorsport Programme 2013...

(6 February 2013)

Mr. Manthey, how did the first contact between you and the wheels-brothers? 

We knew, of course, already on the edge of the track at the Nurburgring. That Martin and Nicolas do a good job I had in recent years, not hidden. But the real reason was the victory of Raeder Motorsport 6h race 2011th I was the first to congratulate on wheels boxes as what prompted the mother of Martin and Nicki to a very spontaneous and heartfelt thank you letters to me, although Mr. and Mrs. Raeder maintain no connection to motor sport environment. The result was then over many months and many talks and the idea of ​​a closer cooperation.

Mr. Raeder will increase the number of employees of the company clearly? 

The new challenges in the international arena require course following an expansion of staffing. The withdrawal from Buren implies that not all previous Raeder Leaders come to the Eifel. Therefore we currently before several new hires. As things stand, the Manthey Racing GmbH will start with 42 full-time employees in the new racing season.

Mr. Raeder, that is, the Manthey Racing GmbH is now represented in two locations at the Nurburgring? 

In purely formal terms, yes. But to put it equally clear: A mixture of activities with Porsche respect it definitely will not be! At the known location of the Manthey Racing GmbH Rudolf-Diesel-Straße there remains the clear focus on Porsche cars. The home of the brand Raeder Motorsport with their club sporting activities for Volkswagen Group vehicles will be the Gottlieb-Daimler-Strasse, once the new building located in the formation is ready to this year's 24-hour race at the Nürburgring.

Mr. Manthey, what does the new management and ownership structure? 

This is reinforced by Martin and Nicolas Raeder, where it is the goal of the next few years, because the participation of Olaf Manthey to reduce step by step, so that a healthy and structured transition occurs.

Mr. Raeder, what are the reasons for the merger? 

Besides improving the sporting and economic competitiveness, it went to Olaf Manthey especially a solid succession plan, on the one hand ensures his life's work, and on the other hand gets the jobs created.

Mr. Manthey, as the new company set up? 

First be noted that the company will operate still under Manthey Racing GmbH. These GmbH is the roof, will continue under the existing businesses, such MANTHEY MOTORS and Raeder Motorsport. In addition, the letter of the law formerly independent companies, such as the Manthey TZN GmbH and Raeder Automotive GmbH will exist as operations continue.

Mr. Raeder, which advantages the merger from their perspective with it? 

First, we are not just bigger, but stronger! We build together from our racing sporting expertise and infrastructure. Furthermore, we create the conditions as a development partner in the automotive sector to be well, for what many do not know: Raeder Automotive can look back on years of experience in prototyping and small series. If you tense it together with the one in Meuspath chipping technology, creating new opportunities and prospects.

Mr. Manthey how breakdown of employees at different locations? 

Since the development engineers in Weissach, the RSRs sit, thus we can quickly implement technical changes. Currently there are between four and eight Manthey Racing Leaders in Weissach and assist in the vehicle bodies. On race weekends, the relationship between the men from Meuspath and Weissach will be almost balanced.

Mr. Raeder, how can the history of Raeder Automotive GmbH summed up to the merger? 

Martin and I have the Raeder Motorsport GmbH in 2000 in Mönchengladbach, where we grew up and still live, rounded. We were then in different ways in motorsport road until we are together again. To 2007 resulted in a team of 7 full-time employees. Then the move to Buren was in the near Paderborn, where we used a close cooperation with the company Heggemann, an established development partner of the automotive industry. Two years ago, we did ourselves with our technology partner KW Automotive, together with the goal in the industrial park to build a test center at the Nürburgring. In the course of 2012 proved to be parallel to the contact with Olaf Manthey and joint plans for the future and more intense and specific.

Mr. Raeder -- Raeder Motorsport will be represented in the VLN 2013? 

Yes. Even though in 2013 our focus shifts towards Porsche, so we give the race with Audi commitment not completely. Although we separate ourselves short of our successful R8 LMS, but the the VLN fans known also be featured in the new season in endurance racing Audi TTRS with Deegener, welfare, Breuer, Kubasik. In addition, we are maintaining our focus on customer sports faithful, that we support two other TTRS inserts other teams technically.

Mr. Raeder that season target is aimed at the VLN? 

Of the SP4T (specials up to 2.5 liters with turbocharging) we are with the TTRS in the SP3T (specials up to 2.0 liters with turbocharging), change from the current champions are! We expect that this class also presents strong again in 2013.

Mr. Manthey, it is not a special award for the third consecutive year, the new generation of the Porsche 911 introduced in motorsport? 

Absolutely, this is a great honor for us to receive such a long time the confidence of Porsche! The first was 1999, 996 R, which we won at Le Mans in the GT category. In 2006, we were responsible for the first use of the 997 GT3 RSR at the 24 hour race at Spa. Now, with the 991 GT3 RSR comes the third new Porsche GT cars, the Manthey will ensure a successful start to the international racing scene. Both cooperation in itself, but especially the confidence that Porsche has in our abilities as a team, make me proud, without question.

Mr. Manthey, what is the part of the leadership team for the WEC Manthey program? 

My new business partner are of course part of the WEC Program. During my part of the team manager, is Nicki Raeder will act as a locomotive engineer, while Martin Raeder should take care of equipment and technical things, like others currently on the boxing equipment.

Mr. Manthey is clear who will reach into the wheel of the 991 GT3 RSR in the WEC? 

We can count on Marc Lieb, Richard Lietz, Romain Dumas, Jörg Bergmeister, Patrick Pilet and Timo Bernhard and thus six of the world's fastest GT drivers.

Mr. Manthey, the 2013er WEC use is an indication of an LMP1-commitment a year later? 

Definitely, no. We have nothing to do, because it's a completely different department! Manthey Racing focuses entirely on the GT project, and believe me, that we've got our hands full.

Mr. Manthey, the 911 concept celebrates its 50th anniversary in 2013. Is there still room for improvement? 

I am always impressed with what the engineers at Porsche motorsport can tease out of the rear-engine concept. Therefore, we are certainly well placed for the WEC.

Mr. Manthey, returning to Le Mans is a very special Manthey Racing. 

In the nomination lists, you'd have to go back to 1999 to meet with the name Manthey, but our first time at the 24 hour classic in France was an extremely successful because we won by the Porsche 996 R is the debut the GT class. In this respect I would not mind to repeat this success. But that is still a long way! Current priority is the extensive testing program.

Mr. Manthey, will not go the international motorsport involvement at the expense of the hitherto highly successful VLN inserts? 

Since I can reassure all VLN and Nürburgringfans: replace WEC and Le Mans by no means our activities on the domestic Nordschleife! Quite the contrary: we bring five 911s at the start of the VLN, including the Weekly Mirror and the Pinta and two Porsche Cup cars. In all runs where it is not to a scheduling conflict, I will be on site.

Mr. Manthey, the yellow-green success story continues in the Eifel? 

I can confirm that! After a year's break, so popular with the fans of the green and yellow penalty returns to the Long Distance Championship. Is confirmed as a driver for the whole season Jochen Krumbach. He receives it throughout the season alternating support of Porsche works drivers.

Mr. Manthey, what opportunities do you expect from yourself? 

Since for the GT3 cars now are annual updates and we do not know how the balance of performance will go on, I dare at present no forecast. But still applies: The driver package plays on the Nordschleife with the decisive role.

Mr. Manthey, how do you assess the future of the GT3? 

The whole thing runs wild from the cost side. And the lack of a reasonable technical framework. I consider the development of the GT3 with concern.

Mr. Manthey, the wrangling in matters Nürburgring continues. What is your opinion? 

The routes must remain in local hands, plus there is no alternative! Everything else that has emerged beyond the grandstands and has led to the explosion of costs do not need a man. At best cut all lines so that at least no maintenance costs are incurred.

Mr. Manthey, what is your personal roadmap for the coming years? 

Actually, I had made up my mind to slow down. But considering the merger and the new motor sport challenges this project I will probably have to move to 2014. From then should my daily quota step by step to "normal" eight hours are reduced. At the end, the bulk of the responsibility for the management on the shoulders of Raeder brothers, after all, is the core of our merger designing a solid succession plan.

Mr. Manthey what the work means to you use in everyday work? 

First, the cooperation with new challenges me personally, because you work with a group requires an adaptation of his own habits. With these new structures I have to get used to. Not easy, I must admit honestly, but it's getting better day by day.

Mr. Manthey, will in the coming year there at the 24h race a minimum service life pass during the pit stop, they think it is the right approach? 

The approach of aligning different vehicles is a good on paper. What spoke to a realistic implementation, saying any proposal based solely on technically detectable data excludes the key to the success of a racing insert human factor. By this I mean not only the drivers, but especially the quality of the work, who gives a pit crew. Of strategy and luck to say nothing. Because even if you want to make the pit stops to the same level, then the minimum time delay to be better suited than the tank-flow volume.

Mr. Manthey, for the first time in several years occurred Manthey Racing in 2012 to an international championship, as is their GT Open-balance? 

It is positive, because we found a race-sports environment free from political influence! As for the outcome of the championship, so it was naturally hard in the last round of the season deadlocked lose the title gossamer. But on the other hand it also showed how competitive and exciting than the GT Open series.

Mr. Manthey, only by the question-swapping two Ferrari they lost the championship at the last minute, then you can still enjoy the runner-up? 

Yes, you can. With a little distance, of course, because shortly after crossing the finish line, the disappointment was great, for only seconds separated us from the title. Whether Ferrari however, has done a favor to the action, I dare to doubt from a sporting perspective. Perhaps we should have made it but in the same situation as well.

Mr. Manthey, with Nick Tandy and Marco Holzer as they had two young pilots, but damn quick drivers in the team. Form the two new dream pairing in international GT racing? 

It is clear that without these two thoroughbred racers do not even have to fight for the title! What Marco and Nick have organised themselves in extreme weather conditions behind the wheel is just been great! So I am also very pleased that the two colleagues at the factory from 2013 driver line-up of Porsche, since Nick is not only the Porsche Cup was awarded for his outstanding performances in 2012, but was given the accolade for factory riders.

Manthey-Raeder Motorsport Programme 2013 -- Article Link

Smiley SmileySmiley

Porsche 991 RSR entry for Le Mans confirmed...

(5 February 2013)

Stuttgart -- The Porsche AG this year, two new 911 RSR cost based on the model generation 991 at the 24 Hours of Le Mans and in the World Sports Car Championship (World Endurance Championship).

The mention of the two newly developed vehicles with the start number 91 and 92 for the GTE class was confirmed today in Paris by the organizers ACO and FIA. Used the 911 RSR are of the works team "Team Manthey Porsche AG". 

The Porsche 911 RSR with starting number 92 go, the Porsche works drivers Marc Lieb and Richard Lietz at the start, who shared the cockpit in 2012 in the WEC.

In the first two races of the season at Silverstone (14-April) And Spa (4-May) And the 24-hour race at Le Mans (22-June). They are supported by factory pilot teammate Romain Dumas.

The sister car, number 91 is occupied with works drivers. This form Jörg Bergmeister and Patrick Pilet a team.

At Silverstone, Spa and Le Mans, Timo Bernhard complements the duo. 

WEC racing calendar for 2013

• 6 Hours of Silverstone (GB) 04/14/2013
    • 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps (B) 04/05/2013
    • 24 Heures du Mans (F) 06/22/2013
    • 6 Hours of Sao Paulo (BRA) 01/09/2013
    • 6 Hours of Circuit of the Americas (USA) 09/22/2013
    • 6 Hours of Fuji (J) 10/20/2013
    • 6 Hours of Shanghai (CN) 10.11.2013
    • 6 Hours of Bahrain (BHR) 11/30/2013

Porsche 991 RSR entry for Le Mans confirmed -- Article Link

Smiley SmileySmiley

Anyone know release date for new 991 RSR? Can't wait!!!!!

I'm not sure we will see a "release date" as such. The 991RSR will not be availbale to customers until next year, so there is no need for a "release date". What I am hoping is that we may get to see some official testing photos soon.

Also - According to the news on the grapevine, Manthey will get their cars in March, so expect pictures then (if not sooner).

Porsche 911 GT3 R update for 2013...

2013 GT3 R in the GT Open Winter Series Paul Ricard...

(16 February 2013)

"Final update for the Porsche 997 GT3 R"

The Porsche 911 GT3 R based on the 997 series is 2013 in his final season, next year is the successor on the basis of the current model 991 planned. For 2013, Porsche has the GT3 model again donated an extensive update.

After the modifications, the GT3 R were previously found to improve performance and paddle shift to more in the mechanical area, the GT3 Porsche is now visibly revised.

Porsche follows with the update of the current trend towards larger front wheels. The fenders on the front and rear axles are in bulbous than before and follow the look of the GT3 RSR.

Although Porsche has delivered customer vehicles already denied their first racing commitments, the Stuttgart have not yet released any official specifications of the GT3 R model year 2013.

Smiley SmileySmiley

3rd in the 12H Bathurst (behind 458 and Mercedes)

Thanks for posting! The update is beautiful,

991 RSR will be taking part in private testing session this Thursday & Friday at Sebring. Will be interesting to see pictures of the car. Also, how much of the car will be the new 991? 

--

2006 997 C2S Cab, Triple Black,  2006 Cayenne Titanium Iceland Silver Metalic New York

Thanks for the information Bobr. I am not sure that I understand your question.

I was questioning whether we will see  one of the 991 test mules or  version that will makes it's debut at WEC's first race in April. I understand Patrick Pilet will be one of the two Porsche Works drivers and they will only test  for one day only on Thursday.  Rahal-Letterman will be also testing for the first time the Z4 they will be running in ALMS. So tomorrow should be a a very interesting day.  

--

2006 997 C2S Cab, Triple Black,  2006 Cayenne Titanium Iceland Silver Metalic New York

I think we will see the final car, but possibly not the final aero-package.

991d2.jpg

991c2.jpg

991e1.jpg

First images of the 991RSR testing today.

Thanks to  Daily Sports Car . com

wow, this is so badass! 

Can't really say it's a beautiful racer, but I sincerely hope it'll be successful!

It ran some 5 lap stints beginning at 9:00 am this morning. Initial lap times were in the 2:05 range. I suspect this afternoon we will see faster laps. 

--

more photo here

I heard the 991 had some teething problems - stopped on track  before lunch. Hopefully, it's back out on the track this afternoon. 

--

hehe, you should have seen Ferrari 458's first season, it was breaking left and right,,,

It's fun watching a new generation GT race car being born.

--

Any video of the testing?

No "fresh" news on the engine, but it does seem that it is using the "old" engine. I am most dissapoited and have some serious doubts over the competitiveness of this car without substantial help form the ACO/FiA.

New Porsche 911 RSR successfully concludes test drives...

(21 February 2013)

FIA World Endurance Championship, Season preparations on the finish straight, Preview

The development of the new Porsche 911 RSR based on the current generation 991 model is nearly complete. On the Sebring International Raceway in Florida/USA the GTE race car from Weissach completed another successful test on Thursday. The successor to the Porsche 911 GT3 RSR will be run exclusively by the Porsche AG Team Manthey works squad at the 24 Hours of Le Mans and in the World Endurance Championship (WEC). The vehicle celebrates its race debut on April 14 at the WEC season-opener in Silverstone.

Sharing driving duties at Sebring were Porsche works drivers Richard Lietz (Austria) and Patrick Pilet (France). Lietz contests the WEC including Le Mans with Marc Lieb (Germany) at the wheel of the 911 RSR with the starting number 92. Patrick Pilet joins forces with Joerg Bergmeister (Germany) in the number 91 vehicle. At the first two WEC rounds in Silverstone and Spa-Francorchamps as well as at Le Mans, they receive backup from their factory pilot colleagues Romain Dumas (France/No. 92) and Timo Bernhard (Germany/No.91).

“We are very pleased with how the testing has gone so far,” said Porsche’s Head of Motorsport Hartmut Kristen. “Our goal is to be well prepared for the challenges of the very strong GTE class in the WEC and at Le Mans. The circuit in Sebring is very well suited to put a new vehicle through some demanding trials. For this reason, a test in Sebring is a very good rehearsal for one of the toughest races of all, the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Until the season kicks off in Silverstone, we will conduct some final tests on other race tracks so that our new 911 RSR is well and truly ready for the World Endurance Championship season.”

Porsche-991-GT3-RSR_01.jpg

Porsche-991-GT3-RSR_02.jpg

Porsche-991-GT3-RSR_03.jpg

Smiley SmileySmiley

Porsche 991 RSR looking good at Sebring test...

991-GT3-RSR_Testing-02.jpg

991-GT3-RSR_Testing-03.jpg

991-GT3-RSR_Testing-01.jpg

991-GT3-RSR_front-bumper-02.jpg

991-GT3-RSR_front-bumper-01.jpg

...anyone looking for a new front bumper? Smiley

Smiley SmileySmiley

A nice video of the 2013 997 GT3R testing at Monza:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsEKJ7dgeDQ

Spyderidol:

A nice video of the 2013 997 GT3R testing at Monza:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsEKJ7dgeDQ

...that Mezger flat-six motorsport engine sounds awesome! Smiley

Porsche 911 GT3 R Receiving "Extensive Changes" for 2013...

German manufacturer Porsche has revealed an updated 911 GTR R, which is based on the 997 model generation, for the 2013 motorsport season.

Improved by a series of "extensive changes", the 2013 911 GT3 R is reportedly more agile, allowing higher cornering speeds and later braking points. In addition, the sportscar generates more downforce and has more traction, thanks to a new aerodynamic package and wider tires.

While the wheelbase grew by ten millimeters and the suspension also underwent modifications, with 50 millimeters wider axles, the 2012 season engine remained untouched. This means customer will have the same 500 HP coming from the 4.0-liter flat-six to take to the track, connected, of course, to a 6-speed sequential dog-type gearbox.

The update is also available as a kit which customer teams can use to convert their older 911 GT3 R models for $59,236 (EUR 45,500) plus value added tax.

Smiley SmileySmiley

I love that they are commemorating the 50 years of the 911. I think the car looks great, but I still haven't figured out the livery

2013_WEC_Porsche991.jpg

1364490190511991_10.jpg

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    690983 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410126 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256179 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235403 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65744 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858782 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775097 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM