Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

UK Price increase

Just noticed UK list price for Carrera has gone up from £64,722 to £66,341. Option prices seem to have stayed the same.

--

991 (what a car!) XC90 - Black/Black 2 kids, 1 dog

Re: UK Price increase

bridggar:

Just noticed UK list price for Carrera has gone up from £64,722 to £66,341. Option prices seem to have stayed the same.

Yes, ISUK said there was one due..

Very brave of Porsche  Smiley..

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

throt:
    bridggar:

Yes, ISUK said there was one due..

Very brave of Porsche  Smiley..

an even better reason to buy used rather than new (not that one was needed)....Smiley

--

Porsche 997 Carrera S PDK Aqua Blue / Black - Toyota Yaris D4D  "Clockwork Rat"

On a related note, has anyone seen any 981/991 sales figures for the UK?  Anecdotally, I've just seen two 991s and four 981s on the road since both were launched.  And I live just west of London where 987/997 models are 10 a penny

--

Gen II Cayman S

GR:

On a related note, has anyone seen any 981/991 sales figures for the UK?  Anecdotally, I've just seen two 991s and four 981s on the road since both were launched.  And I live just west of London where 987/997 models are 10 a penny

I've only seen two 991's on the road and I think one of those was OPC Portsmouth's demonstrator. I've only seen one 981 - and the New Forest where I live is a wealthy area (not my part though)! 

991 is not selling well, which is why Porsche have cut back the UK allocation this year. This is why you can get some cracking lightly used cars at a huge discount from new. 

--

dreamcar:

991 is not selling well, which is why Porsche have cut back the UK allocation this year. This is why you can get some cracking lightly used cars at a huge discount from new. 

Major problem for enticing 997.2 owners to buy the 991, even at "huge discounts" is the trade-in values being offered.

I've not approached an OPC as yet and probably won't but, out of interest, I had my 2011 GTS with 14000 miles valued on-line by Auto Trader... Here's the result!!  And that's for a fairly highly specced example costing over £94K when bought.

1359218723108GTS Valuation.jpg

GTS Valuation 2.jpg

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

A point well made John, would you part exchange your car together with £50k to get a 991S with a similar spec? I suspect not! Unless I was really rolling in dosh there is no way I could buy a new 991 realising I had just set fire to £25k cash the very instant I drove off the dealer's forecourt unless I planned to keep the car a very very long time.....Smiley

I daren't even look at what my old crock is worth Smiley but then comparatively speaking I didn't pay that much for it, but I guess in less than a year it's part exchange value is already at least £10k less than I paid for it Smiley

I've got a great idea John,  I'll swap mine for yours and throw in a full tank of fuel and a professional detailing Smiley

--

That's nuts! 

It is one reason why I have been very circumspect in buying another car. It really is going to have to wow me for me to pony up the money knowing that the car will be worth 1/2 less within two years if not sooner. 

--

We got our 981s with 800 miles on for 44k it was 56k new (£) someone had it for 2 months and traded it in god knows how much they had lost :s. When we first looked st the car they wanted 52k for it, so to get it fot 44k was a good deal :). Ive only seen one other 981on the road but i live in suffolk/norfolk.

dreamcar:

I've got a great idea John,  I'll swap mine for yours and throw in a full tank of fuel and a professional detailing Smiley

Just so long as the fuel is Shell V-power super unleaded!!  Smiley

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

John H:
    dreamcar:

Just so long as the fuel is Shell V-power super unleaded!!  Smiley

Nothing but the best John - the way it's going a full tank of V Power will double the value of the car anyway. Smiley

--

dreamcar:

A point well made John, would you part exchange your car together with £50k to get a 991S with a similar spec? I suspect not! Unless I was really rolling in dosh there is no way I could buy a new 991 realising I had just set fire to £25k cash the very instant I drove off the dealer's forecourt unless I planned to keep the car a very very long time.....Smiley

However, £45k differential for new C2 with 3 years warranty over 7 year old 997.1 C2S (on the cusp of costing a fair amount of money) isn't such a difficult choice IMO.....

I guess it's all about where you are in the model lifecycle.

--

bridggar:
    dreamcar:

However, £45k differential for new C2 with 3 years warranty over 7 year old 997.1 C2S (on the cusp of costing a fair amount of money) isn't such a difficult choice IMO.....

I'm afraid I could not stomach that kind of loss of value. The depreciation drop from after we purchased our first Boxster in 2005 when it was acceptable and the Porsche argument "no discount so minimal depreciation"- and it worked - to what it is today where Porsche are just another mass market car maker with losses in value to match  is to us at any rate totally unjustifiable.

It's a real shame, as if it were not for that factor we would have seriously looked to buying another new Porsche with all the right bits on it. Maybe our Cayman debacle and the indifferent way we were treated set the rot in for us.

--

dreamcar:
    bridggar:
    dreamcar:

I'm afraid I could not stomach that kind of loss of value. The depreciation drop from after we purchased our first Boxster in 2005 when it was acceptable and the Porsche argument "no discount so minimal depreciation"- and it worked - to what it is today where Porsche are just another mass market car maker with losses in value to match  is to us at any rate totally unjustifiable.

It's a real shame, as if it were not for that factor we would have seriously looked to buying another new Porsche with all the right bits on it. Maybe our Cayman debacle and the indifferent way we were treated set the rot in for us.

--

Thats a shame, dreamcar. 

I think and imo a sensibly spec 911s at 91k is a bit too much and thats not because I cannot go to that sum because I can. The price increase was a joke too considering the 991 has not moved like they were hoping.

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

price increase needed to allow dealers to be able to give bigger discounts :) 

UK dealers don't like giving discounts, I'm still haggling on a 11% discount on a 991. The dealer is only offering 7% Smiley I will hold my ground Smiley I'm sure he will come back begging Smiley

Furthermore - it is reasonable to assume that the 90K 991 will also lose 50K of its value in the next two years.  And that is without any growing pains and failures being found in the early models.  We can expect some failures soon.  Bet on it.  You may recall RMS failures. I expect to see PDK issues and electronic failures in the 991.

The worst way to buy these cars is new every two years.  The best way to buy them is when they are three years old (tail end of warranty so you can get any used car issues resolved) and keep them as long as possible with good indendent repair shops that know what they are doing and are Porsche enthusiasts. 

FYI - we in the US can get the new 991 in dollars for what you spend in pounds.  That also has an impact on your resale price (in small part) because is exposes the true value.  Sorry.

I believe that current "nonS and S" models will further depreciate when the more desirable models such as 4S and upcomming Targa will show in bigger numbers - although certainly not a bad car here in CH they rather go for a 4S and TT. Would be a good car to wait for 2nd hand. yes

Received an email from my dealer offering to waive up to $30,000 on your present Porsche lease if you agree to lease a new 991 through Porsche. Of course, I have no idea what the terms of the new lease are  but this may be an indication of the slow sales of the 991.

--

911s are predominantly demanded in the old/more traditional Porsche markets which are much slower than in years past. The Cayenne and Panamera enjoy sales success because they are demanded where the money is today.

The financial geography of the world is changing.

I am not sure where the 981/981C are sold?

--

"Form follows function"

Italo:

UK dealers don't like giving discounts, I'm still haggling on a 11% discount on a 991. The dealer is only offering 7% Smiley I will hold my ground Smiley I'm sure he will come back begging Smiley

definitely at least 11% if stock car, probably more.

to order car, 11% should be achievable.

Italo:

Have you tried other dealers that might be keen to capture your custom rather than your local dealer that probably assumes you'll buy from him anyway Smiley

--

dreamcar:
    Italo:

Have you tried other dealers that might be keen to capture your custom rather than your local dealer that probably assumes you'll buy from him anyway Smiley

The guy is not local to me, it's one of the midland OPC's (don't want to disclose which one) seems he is a member of this board cos as soon as I posted this message he sent me an email to asked if there has been any changes...Mr L of OPC.....are u a member of this board Smiley

I was previously told that the franchises (Jardines, etc.) were more keen to deal than the PUK OPC centres, however in my case, it made no real difference.

--

bridggar:

I was previously told that the franchises (Jardines, etc.) were more keen to deal than the PUK OPC centres, however in my case, it made no real difference.

Just don't go anwhere near any Inchcape dealerships - their after sales treatment of customers is absolutely dire. We purchased three new Porsches from Bournemouth, whilst they were an independent dealer owned by Brian Deeks they were superb and really cared about their customers. That all went in the bin when Inchcape took over.

The only good thing about that dealership is the service department where good old fashioned treatment of customers remains and very competitive servicing prices.

--

A fun day at the Silverstone experience today - great to have 1-2-1 tuition and explore beyond the limits of the car in a safe environment. Just about managed to master the controlled doughnut after too many attempts - the kick plate was great fun & educational too.

Well worth taking a day off for!

(Not sure I'd want to buy a lightly used C2 now though!)

--

bridggar:

A fun day at the Silverstone experience today - great to have 1-2-1 tuition and explore beyond the limits of the car in a safe environment. Just about managed to master the controlled doughnut after too many attempts - the kick plate was great fun & educational too.

Well worth taking a day off for!

(Not sure I'd want to buy a lightly used C2 now though!)

--

That Driver  Experience Centre is brilliant, we really enjoyed our day there as well Smiley Kick plate is great - it's amazing how just a few extra mph makes such a big difference to controlling a spin!

Buying a used Porsche is all about knowing the history! OPC Swindon, who sold us our 997 phoned today to keep in touch and promised a day's loan of a 991 when we take ours in for a free MOT in April Smiley

--

I'm told all the 9x1 cars from the experience centre are auctioned back to OPC network for resale. The Cayenne vehicles are crushed after their useful life. 

--

John H:
    dreamcar:

Major problem for enticing 997.2 owners to buy the 991, even at "huge discounts" is the trade-in values being offered.

I've not approached an OPC as yet and probably won't but, out of interest, I had my 2011 GTS with 14000 miles valued on-line by Auto Trader... Here's the result!!  And that's for a fairly highly specced example costing over £94K when bought.

1359218723108GTS Valuation.jpg

GTS Valuation 2.jpg

For what it's worth John, my Gen II GT3 with 7k miles recieved an offer of £64k from the OPC to buy it in. Like yours the car was completely loaded and cost £107k new. 

Not that i'm parting with it :-)

Even the fabulous new 981 Boxster is suffering - OPC Silverstone had a GT Silver one with everything on it which didn't reach it's reserve at a trade auction, asking price £47k, I toyed with trading our 997 for it but in the end decided not to. OPC Solihull have a magnificent 981S again in GT Silver, with a mega spec new price £67k, only 3k miles and the asking price has dropped from £54k six weeks ago down to £49k now. If I could justify the likely £10k to change I would have had a serious haggle with the dealer.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    762776 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435546 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260601 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257640 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80964 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5322 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872466 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    807850 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM