Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Ferrari F70 mule spied! (So much less camouflage)

Appears it will have a dorsal intake. Cool.

Did anyone else notice how the bodywork goes up and frames what looks like a very oddly shaped windshield. I think it would be awesome if they took a risk and went that way. that would be a huge design leap. I highlighted what I'm talking about here so you can see what I mean. 

1pxumd.jpg

That is very interesting idea, but we already know windshield shape. This is official photo of F70 monocoque where you can see windshield shape:

--

All my automotive & motorcycle renders in full resolution: www.milannoartworks.deviantart.com
    My renders are free for using & sharing, as long as my credits are untouched.

Sure from a structural and interior perspective, but that doesn't mean the g;ass itself couldn't reach further down the front. thats what I perceive from the teaser shots. 

I gave myself more freedom this time. In my eyes this version looks little more radical. Hope you like it :D

--

All my automotive & motorcycle renders in full resolution: www.milannoartworks.deviantart.com

Enmanuel:

Did anyone else notice how the bodywork goes up and frames what looks like a very oddly shaped windshield. I think it would be awesome if they took a risk and went that way. that would be a huge design leap. I highlighted what I'm talking about here so you can see what I mean. 

1pxumd.jpg

Hmm, the yellow lines looks like cleavage lines viewed form the top down, while the light blue lines looks like bikini  bottom view from the bottom up...........................................

Add the G-string view from the car's rear, I think I know where Ferrari's stylists' inspirations comes from.

Milanno:

That is very interesting idea, but we already know windshield shape. This is official photo of F70 monocoque where you can see windshield shape:

Hmm, big front crash absorption box out front tells me the front will have shorter overhangs than the Enzo.

Rather high greenhouse. Not sure how I feel about this until I see it settled into the rest of the car.

Gullwing doors and semi wraparound front windshield from the Enzo carries over. Good visibility through the front. You won't have any A-pillar blocking the the sight line problems.

I wonder who will be the first of the major manufacturers to deliver a full wrap around canopy outside of Koeingsseg.

The Enzo doesn't have Gullwing doors; it has Butterfly (farfalla as the Italians put it) doors. ;)

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

950 BHP plays 1,270 KG
    Bespoke V12 built to sound like a Formula One engine at full chat
    Engine Red-Lines @ 9,200 RPM but Max Torque available from 1,000RPM
    499 Cars @ EUR1.2 million
    Official Launch in Geneva
    Deliveries Commence December 2013

From Teamspeed forum

--

sportcars-history.com

kudryavchik:

950 BHP plays 1,270 KG
    Bespoke V12 built to sound like a Formula One engine at full chat
    Engine Red-Lines @ 9,200 RPM but Max Torque available from 1,000RPM
    499 Cars @ EUR1.2 million
    Official Launch in Geneva
    Deliveries Commence December 2013

From Teamspeed forum

--

sportcars-history.com

The last I heard there was some debate as to whether there would be a Geneva presentation. Private views have begun this week and will continue in Feb. P1 is slated to be at Geneva for sure.

I really hope on porsche, they cant be slower!)))

--

sportcars-history.com

kudryavchik:

Judging from the numbers, I'm quite sure they will be substantially slower? Smiley

Quick render of side profile based on leaked photo of VIP invitation :)

--

Porker:
    kudryavchik:

Judging from the numbers, I'm quite sure they will be substantially slower? Smiley

Indeed, more hp and a lot less weight. 1270 kgs is a dry weight, the target weight of the new car was the weight of the Enzo, but with close to 300 hp more, that is mighty impressive! 

For me, the direct competitor of the Ferrari is the P1, the 918 is a different concept, different approach and quite possible the wrong one. 

Update!

--

Update with more detailed curves!

--

Futch:
    Porker:
    kudryavchik:

Indeed, more hp and a lot less weight. 1270 kgs is a dry weight, the target weight of the new car was the weight of the Enzo, but with close to 300 hp more, that is mighty impressive! 

For me, the direct competitor of the Ferrari is the P1, the 918 is a different concept, different approach and quite possible the wrong one. 

Or are you thinking of getting the F70 ? I also reckon the the Pagani Huayra is a direct competitor, very bling bling but I do love that car. At 1350kg it should be a hoot to drive Smiley

Italo:
    Futch:
    Porker:
    kudryavchik:

Or are you thinking of getting the F70 ? I also reckon the the Pagani Huayra is a direct competitor, very bling bling but I do love that car. At 1350kg it should be a hoot to drive Smiley

Maybe Smiley

I'll wait for final versions of 918, P1 and Ferrari and decide. The pagani is nice but too baroque for me, very odd front and pagani doesn't make enough to satisfy demand, I thing it's like 15 cars a year and there's a 3 to 4 years waiting list, that's silly. 

One of the private preview guests has posted this pic on another forum of a souvenir gift that Ferrari are giving out. I've blanked out his name. Here are some further details from another guest who viewed the car this week -

1.2 mill Euro incl Tax
    Car will be fully loaded and the option list will be for deletions only.
    4 cm narrower than the Enzo and 2 cm lower.
    Inside cabin width is the same as the Enzo.
    Seats are moulded in the tub and the foot pedals are adjustable.
    Same wheel base as the Enzo
    Styling is all curves with no straight lines unlike the Enzo but unmistakably Ferrari
    Wheels 19 in front 20 rear. No options on wheels.

Private Preview.JPG

tought call  - well, looking at the current enzo being still hugely desirable despite u can buy faster Ferraris for much less - I believe if you could get a allocation of the successor I would get it. The 918 I believe is like a 959 in it's time showing what is technically possible but clearly "fuel consumtion" focussed. I mean how cool is it that you can drive it with 4 Liter/100 km but with a push of a button have a beast in the same car - but I am sure it's resale value will be lower unless you get one early and sell it after a couple of month. The Enzo replacement will mostsurely drag most emotions in it's corner. The P1 will be fastest of them all on the track I believe - but whom do you wanna proof this. On the Pagani I admire the craftmanship - but given the overall choice I'd rather take the Ferrari before the 918. (after the F1 and 962 of course indecision)

expected N ring time less then 7min, bracking from 200-0 115m, accel 0-200 in 7s

Futch,

do you expect surprises from Porsche, regarding 918's weight and final power? Any inside info?

Boyko23:

Futch,

do you expect surprises from Porsche, regarding 918's weight and final power? Any inside info?

Sorry that I enter your discussion. In October Mattias Muller told about sub 7 minutes time for Nurburgring, so we should expect some changes in a better way. 

--

sportcars-history.com

kudryavchik:
    Boyko23:

Futch,

Sorry that I enter your discussion. In October Mattias Muller told about sub 7 minutes time for Nurburgring, so we should expect some changes in a better way. 

Yes I think sub 7 min could be possible, very ambitious but possible. If that is the case, that is just amazing!

The figures I have have been public for quite some time: > 795 hp for 1665 kgs kerb (weissach package with no radio and no aircon which is a bit silly for a useable supercar imo).

ISUK:

Bravo Ferrari. Smiley

They're heading in the right direction. Smiley

1) A car like this should be fully loaded, if you don't like all the options, just delete them. I also think that the Porsche options list for the 918 is intolerable for such a car. Smiley
    2) Good move to make the car narrower, many sportscars are already too wide for our streets. Smiley
    3) Also good wheel size. 19" or 20" are really big enough. Smiley

--

SmileySmiley

I am curious, if you delete options is there a reduction in price?Smiley Knowing Ferrari as I do, that is a very serious question.Smiley

--

I am not sure that F70 buyers care about $1000 less if they delete some option. They just want their F70 as soon as possible in their garage, they dont ask for price, literally!

--

nberry:

SmileySmiley

I am curious, if you delete options is there a reduction in price?Smiley Knowing Ferrari as I do, that is a very serious question.Smiley

I think you don't know Ferrari very well, deleting an option will cost you extra of course. Smiley

--

Rossi:
    ISUK:

Bravo Ferrari. Smiley

They're heading in the right direction. Smiley

1) A car like this should be fully loaded, if you don't like all the options, just delete them. I also think that the Porsche options list for the 918 is intolerable for such a car. Smiley
    2) Good move to make the car narrower, many sportscars are already too wide for our streets. Smiley
    3) Also good wheel size. 19" or 20" are really big enough. Smiley

--

+1

If you add all the cool options on the 918 (Weissach, liquid paint, nose lift, quick charger, extra alcantara and leather, luggages, etc.) you get closer to 900k euros. At this level of price, I agree with you Rossi, a lot of things should be standard, this is no Boxster or California.

+1 again on the dimensions, it's the one thing I like about the P1, it seems to be very compact (in that respect, it looks up to its older sister the F1, tiny tiny car really), good thing the Ferrari is smaller than the Enzo, although not by much.

And +1 again on the wheels, I hate big wheels, their only significance are that they allow for bigger brakes and wider tyres, but surely 20inch should be the maximum. I think 20in wheels look a bit silly on the 991 or 981 for example, especially with the tiny discs in comparaison behind them. The F1 has 17in wheels and they look gorgeous. High profile tyres are not a bad thing. Mind you, I presume the discs on the Ferrari willl be rather large so 19in is probably a minimum size.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM