Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Jaguar F-Type total leak

Absolutely gorgeous. Very well done Jaguar.  If they're smart about the pricing it wil sell like crazy.

Agreed. My wife wants one. Problem is that I want it as well.

BTW, two engines with three power levels:

3.0L V6 supercharges with around 330hp/380hp

5.0L V8 supercharged with 500hp

Only one gearbox 8speed sport automatic. Smart rear diff from XKR-S.

Also... F-Type is a small car-new 981 Boxster size wise(except in width).

KresoF1:

Agreed. My wife wants one. Problem is that I want it as well.

Leave  it to your wife. It does look very  good , but also quite feminin Smiley

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

It looks attractive in a show off way. More of a woman's car appearance wise, at first sight

It will sell well to those who don't want a Porsche for some reason or other. It will definitely take sales from BMW and Mercedes I think.

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:

It looks attractive in a show off way. More of a woman's car appearance wise, at first sight

It will sell well to those who don't want a Porsche for some reason or other. It will definitely take sales from BMW and Mercedes I think.

It depends on how much this puppy costs and how good or bad performance is. Any weight figures?

The car market in Europe has started to slow down and will probably slow down even further, so Jaguar needs to be very careful about pricing and marketing.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Very good design! 

--

sportcars-history.com

Very good looking car, from every angle! kiss

Well done, Jaguar. wink

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Truly beautiful. And I lay odds it will be no more expensive than a 991.Smiley

--

Accountants are like fire and water, good servants but bad masters.

Porsche 997 Carrera S PDK Aqua Blue / Black - Toyota Yaris D4D  "Clockwork Rat"

I expect that it will be in the Boxster, Z4, SLK class not in the 911 segment. It will be below the XK.

A drawback for Jaguar sales-wise is their limited, up till now, choice of engines compared to BMW and Mercedes that can offer anything from 4c to V8 on a single model. In this way the German brands  can maximize their sales potential and are far more profitable by spreading costs over more units.

--

"Form follows function"

I don't think that this car will blow the market. Having good design and technics is not enough to be competitive against german cars. But, no doubt, it will be a very successful model for Jaguar. 

--

sportcars-history.com

Very nice, but is it me or does it look like facelift of a Maser GranTurismo? 

--

don't like the rear at all .. it looks like it belongs to another car, and unconnected or related to the front.

and front design is too fussy with too many intakes

interior is gimmicky too IMO

Problem with jaguar are resale values.......so far hideously low.....

Carlos from Spain:

Very nice, but is it me or does it look like facelift of a Maser GranTurismo? 

I don´t see much Maserati in there, the front end only reminds me of the Ferrari California.

Very happy to see an alternative brand stepping up to the game. Apart from the German brands, there is not much around that is worth being taken into consideration. Jaguar finally is, as the XK has always been more of a niche product due to its price segment alone.

Very curious to see the car in real life. The rear end indeed looks far more individual and promising than the front end. I am also surprised that they install the supercharged V8 in the car. Smiley

While an attractive car, is it just me, or instead of the design language saying "Jaguar" do you also see a conglomeration of styling elements from other cars?

- Front: Ferrari 599

- Rear: BMW Z8

Side: Aston Vantage Roadster

Lower Side Valence Extensions: 458

I hope that the F-type's engine output forces Porsche to up the Boxster horsepower levels.

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:

I hope that the F-type's engine output forces Porsche to up the Boxster horsepower levels.

AMEN.

rulesdontapply

At first sight The F type appealed to me. But the more I look at the pictures the more I find the car overdesigned with a mishmash of styling elements trying very hard to make it striking. Some individuals and some markets are attracted by such designs. Others, like myself, prefer plainer and simpler designs in the positive sense, meaning uncluttered and unpretentious.

Next to a 981 the F type will look like a drag queen. If only Porsche were inspired enough to put a serious engine in a Boxster R(S).

--

"Form follows function"

Don't like it at all, the front looked cool at first. At second glimpse it's a old design it feels like. Perhaps because we knew how this car would look like for quite some time now.. the Autobild renders were 100% accurate. Sadly jag is Indian now isn't it? I fear it won't really perform like it could.

Atzporsche:

Don't like it at all, the front looked cool at first. At second glimpse it's a old design it feels like. Perhaps because we knew how this car would look like for quite some time now.. the Autobild renders were 100% accurate. Sadly jag is Indian now isn't it? I fear it won't really perform like it could.

Funnily enough, Land Rover-Jaguar currently appears to be performing better both in terms of the products it makes and in terms of the financial results being achieved since it has been under Tata ownership than it did previously under Ford ownership. The company is currently very profitable and is investing more in the development of its future products than ever before. 

--

fritz

The front is pure jaguar.. in the sense.. it has the same sort of mesmerising look as a real jaguar's eyes ( i mean the cat) , although the prefacelift XK nailed the headlights rather well. Need more photos to judge

Back does look Z8-ish tho... but I like the shape, and its nice to see it return, especially given how rare z8's are..

Similarities with Aston are not that surprising, given the chief designer of jag also designed the Db7 and the old vanquish

For a front engined coupe its very elegant. Am really looking forward to seeing it in the flesh

reginos:

At first sight The F type appealed to me. But the more I look at the pictures the more I find the car overdesigned with a mishmash of styling elements trying very hard to make it striking. Some individuals and some markets are attracted by such designs. Others, like myself, prefer plainer and simpler designs in the positive sense, meaning uncluttered and unpretentious.

Next to a 981 the F type will look like a drag queen. If only Porsche were inspired enough to put a serious engine in a Boxster R(S).

--

"Form follows function"

Is there any car manufacturer on the world that you like besides Porsche?

Few days ago I saw 981 next to 987.2 in parking lot in Ljubljana, Slovenia. Both were black and pretty young lady said to her boy friend:"Which one is yours? They look like twins!"  Of course, I would not judge Porsche design by her comments. Just... Porsche is king of slow evolution, design wise.

981 is a nice car. But, I like F type more.

KresoF1:
    reginos:

--

"Form follows function"

Is there any car manufacturer on the world that you like besides Porsche?

Few days ago I saw 981 next to 987.2 in parking lot in Ljubljana, Slovenia. Both were black and pretty young lady said to her boy friend:"Which one is yours? They look like twins!"  Of course, I would not judge Porsche design by her comments. Just... Porsche is king of slow evolution, design wise.

981 is a nice car. But, I like F type more.

In the Boxster and 911 class, i wouldn't look elsewhere. But in the Cayenne, Panamera and future Macan segments there is plenty of good choice especially in the lower parts of the ranges.

The F type looks like the kind of car that will be attractive to fashion conscious people, similar to the Evoque, the Mini Paceman, the X6 etc. Nothing wrong with that really just not my style.

--

"Form follows function"

I have seen a mule two weeks ago in Vegas. The car looks quit huge and maskulin in Flesh. I liked it a lot. The cockpit reminded me to the Evoque a bit. I also made some pictures but after having the unveil here I dont have to bother anymore with Mules.

For me a very promising, great looking car! The figures 330/380/500 HP are reading well, too

BjoernB:

Problem with jaguar are resale values.......so far hideously low.....

+1

That's a MAJOR Problem all over the world Smiley

..but good for the canny used buyer..... :-)

--

C2S - Basalt/Black XC90 - Black/Black 2 kids, 1 dog

bridggar:

..but good for the canny used buyer..... :-)

Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Official pics:http://www.netcarshow.com/jaguar/2014-f-type/

F Type dimensions are 4470mm x 1922mm x 1296mm and wheelbase is 2622mm. Weight of V8 S is 1665kg.

Prices for Germany are:

V6 340ps 73400€

V6S 380ps 84900€

V8S 495ps 99900€

All prices with Mwst. V8S is equiped with 20", full leather, navi etc, as standard. Brakes on V8S are 380mm front and rears.

According to Jaguar F type is aimed to SL market segment.

KresoF1:

Official pics:http://www.netcarshow.com/jaguar/2014-f-type/

F Type dimensions are 4470mm x 1922mm x 1296mm and wheelbase is 2622mm. Weight of V8 S is 1665kg.

Prices for Germany are:

V6 340ps 73400€

V6S 380ps 84900€

V8S 495ps 99900€

All prices with Mwst. V8S is equiped with 20", full leather, navi etc, as standard. Brakes on V8S are 380mm front and rears.

According to Jaguar F type is aimed to SL market segment.

So no real Boxster competitor, lost chance IMO. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    803447 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448622 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266198 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90103 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6647 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885841 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833444 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM