Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Porsche classic wheels or carrera s wheels painted in platinum silk gloss?

Hey Guys

I got 5 more days to lock my order for a Carrera S. I am still not decisive weather to go for porsche classic wheels or carrera s wheels painted in platinum silk gloss.

My order will be the following

Carrera s
    White 
    Wheels ( not decided yet)
    Parking sensors 
    Folding mirrors
    Metal sun roof
    911 replacing model ( not 100% sure yet)

Porsche dynamic lights in black
    Privacy glass for rear and side windows.

PDK
    Sports chrono plus
    Sport exhaust
    Sport 20 mm lower

Full black leather interior
    Sport design stealing wheel paddle shifters 
    Light design package
    Porsche crest on head rests
    Heated seats

Rev count in black
    Sports chrono dial in white

My dealer had enough of me so won't dare to ask him again!

Any comments/ recommendation would be great

Re: Porsche classic wheels or carrera s wheels painted in platinum silk gloss?

I see you have a white car with black ext accents and black leather... You should get the standard or the sport techno rims painted in black. The classic rim having more spokes is less suited to the sport image of your black and white combo.

Also are you sure you like the black headlights on a white car? To some people it looks like the car was punched in the eye (on a white car). The standard PDLS option (adaptive headlights) has a dark background anyway... The black PDLS might be a little too much.

But don't worry, anyway you go you can't really go wrong with a white&black 911 :) Congrats!

--

There is no try. Just do.

Oh... And one more thing... Black leather in Australia... Maybe you should select the ventilated seats option too? Just a thought...

--

Thanks a lolotto was thinking along the same lines with the black headlights. I am actually considering going for the the Porsche dynamic lights which got the darker interior any way. 

What do you think about getting the sport suspension with the front extra lip?

I live in the capital Canberra which is freezing cold! So happy with the the heated seats 

Sorry excuse the terrible spelling from my iphone !

I meant thanks a lot 

Haha, I feel you man, been there done that. Even though Carrera Classics are my favorite set of wheels, I would go with the Carrera S in platinum for the bad  a$$ sporty look it seems you are after, Carrera  Classics are beautiful in a metallic colored car, they are both classy and sporty.

Another one about the badging

I really like Porsche with the 911 carrera s. I am just paranoid that people behind would make fun of me! What do u think?

I like PORSCHE  911 for a less busy back, but do what you like, why would someone make fun of you with the whole Carrera S badge?, No WAY!! They will admire every aspect of your car, it is just stunning, I love mine more and more each day.

SPASM is not harsher but lower and much stiffer than standard PASM which is the most I can handle for a DD. I do like the front lip though, makes the front more aggresive. I  ordered and installed it in my regular suspension 991, very cheap upgrade, about US$200 installed.

I seen cars with PORSCHE Carrera S in the back OR PORSCHE 911 OR simple PORSCHE.

I like it with just PORSCHE. Adding Carrera S makes that rear space too busy for my taste.

On SPASM: if you like stiffer suspension and you can afford the 1cm drop in height, get it. Also consider what your passenger might like.

On the sportier front lip: it is better looking than the standard, yes. But speed bumps, garage ramps, potholes, etc might be harder to address with it. It changes the front attack angle.

--

Can I ask a big favour of looking into the Australian Porsche website configurator and tell me your thoughts please about the look of a white exterior and black headlights . 

That would be much appreciated 

I went recently through the same process before ordering my C4S. Personally I think that PDLS+white ext+black rims+tinted windows looks really nice. Black PDLS is too much IMO. But it's OK to do it your way man :) Have fun! It's not ugly or something. It might be just a little too much black, that's all.

--

I went for the complete 1970's look badging on the rear of mine indecision  It was a bit of a pain as I had to get a new 911 badge as well as the S to ensure it was all correctly aligned in the centre of the rear.

S badge.JPG

- although 2 different font's it looks very good ! - just the 911S would probably be perfection

ISUK:

I went for the complete 1970's look badging on the rear of mine indecision  It was a bit of a pain as I had to get a new 911 badge as well as the S to ensure it was all correctly aligned in the centre of the rear.

S badge.JPG

It looks harmonious. Is the shiny S from the Turbo S badge?

--

"Form follows function"

Looks fantastic...very tasteful indeed kiss

The S logo I used is the normal badge you get if you specify the Carrera S badge option.

Carrera S wheels Smiley  Everthing else looks less sporty on such a car.

On a 981 they are looking promising:

PLATINUM2.pngPLATINUM3.pngPLATINUM1.png

Source: PAG Exclusive  http://www.porsche.com/germany/accessoriesandservices/personalisation/exclusive/boxster/scarrarawhite/

Here is something that looks sportier than the standard rims Smiley

1346820315947front991w.png

And rear:

rear991w.png

--

A couple more options that you should consider are (option code listed first):

567: windscreen with gray top tint (if you go for black top tinted windows too)

P13: Auto-dimming mirrors with integrated rain sensors

482: Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS or RDK in german)

454: cruise control (if you use it)

P05: Sport seats Plus (cheap option with the benefit of the side bolsters; again if you need the extra lateral support)

583: smoking package (no cost option but you get an extra 12V socket and you don't see a hole at the end of the center console)

XHB: the plastic panel around the PDK in the center console in leather (cheap design option)

Also the center arm holder lid has no stitching without selecting an option (and I suspect is leatherette not leather even on the full leather package; I've seen and touch it).

Also you should consider replacing the cheap standard mirror like plastic trim with either aluminium trim, carbon trim or the painted in ext color option. But again that is a design issue...

And no Navigation, Bluetooth or Bose?

--

I like the classic wheels better. 

Yes Enma :) They are more elegant but not sportier...
    --

Pentium, You are right, the center console lid is quite ugly without the stitching and leather package options, The embossed porsche crest works great if  none of these options are selected.

Pentium:
    Yes Enma :) They are more elegant but not sportier...

I disagree, I think the play on dark and polished on the classic wheels plus the size makes them sportier. 

^^^Agree, the Carrera Classics look more graphite than polished and the radial design makes them look bigger than any other wheel model > ergo, sportier.

Pentium:

Here is something that looks sportier than the standard rims Smiley

1346820315947front991w.png

angel Perfection! Smiley

--

2012 Cayenne S White/Espresso 

Ex: 993 Targa, 986S, 986 and 964 C2

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    763319 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435846 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260759 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257744 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    81229 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5324 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872732 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808209 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM