Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: A sad day for my PTS

Never needed one with Allianz...once the lawyer is involved, bad blood is involved too.

I like my blackmail method better... 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

blueflame:
    RC:

He doesn't really need a lawyer...yet. Since he is at Allianz too and I suppose he has other insurance contracts with them too, he can bargain and put them under pressure (I did that a couple of times in non-car related cases and it worked as planned...without a lawyer).

I have a Allianz-Agency by myself - take a good Lawyer... Smiley

Stressfree-business, it´s not just the damage on the car - also the rentalcar and so on.

Interesting advice. Thanks! Wouldn´t it make sense, since it is the same insurance company for both parties, to go RC´s way first and, as soon as one does not see any cooperation on their side, take a lawyer? Not sure if the legal expenses are only paid when the car is totaled or in any case by the opposite side.

RC:

I like my blackmail method better... 

In combination with your new black Mafia-car - unbeatable !!  Smiley

BlueflameSmiley

Thanks everyone. I have a lawyer ready on the side and will engage if necessary but will hold off this week to see the initial response from Allianz. Also the official police report is pending this week. Hopefully its an open and shut case especially with my witness. However if it ends up going to court then I will need my lawyer for translation anyway.... Just more hassel that I don't need ...

From info I gathered so far its going to be very difficult to get a new car because it isn't a total right off but as RC pointed out I should receive recomp for the depreciation (I have the insurance with the clause that within 12 months they will pay the new value of the car if its a total right off)

Secondly I do not want to receive a golf or something equiv as a substitute vehicle during the repairs. I believe I have the right to a car one class below the PTS.

--

Kabir Khaleque

Panamera Turbo S (black/biege PCCB Burmester)

If the damage is only minor "cosmetic" rather than any major structural / mechanical components and is carried out by a Porsche authorised and approved workshop, which would ensure warranty remains fully valid,  I wouldn't have thought depreciation would be affected? Smiley

--

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

Porsche 997 Carrera S PDK Aqua Blue / Black - Toyota Yaris D4D  "Clockwork Rat"

My line of thinking is since in Germany you have to say whether or not a car has been in an accident when it comes to sell. I think its natural that you would get less money for an accident repaired car then one accident free, however I guess since its Porsche repaired the loss maybe much less ...

--

Kabir Khaleque

dreamcar:

If the damage is only minor "cosmetic" rather than any major structural / mechanical components and is carried out by a Porsche authorised and approved workshop, which would ensure warranty remains fully valid,  I wouldn't have thought depreciation would be affected? Smiley

A car which has been in an accident, automatically has a certain depreciation over here, no matter how perfect the repair will be. German buyers don't really like to buy cars which have been in an accident.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

my sincere condolences for your loss of a wonderful porsche. do yourself a favor and do not take his car back under any circumstances. you will never be happy with it.

roadtrip:

my sincere condolences for your loss of a wonderful porsche. do yourself a favor and do not take his car back under any circumstances. you will never be happy with it.

Easy to say on a car which is very difficult to obtain on short notice with the desired options and which probably had a price tag of something close to 200k EUR. Even with the depreciation and everything counted in, I think that the owner would need to pay a substantial amount out of his pocket to get a new one if he doesn't want to accept a repaired car.

It really depends on the insurance but if the owner wants a new car, then I would definitely take a lawyer for this one. 

--

This is really tragic, after waiting all those months, but glad to hear that you are okay!

Update: No chance to get a new car based on this damage. I have a top lawyer on the case. Ofcourse it will be repaired as new and I will got some money for 'accident reparied loss' but the amount is totally unrealistic -> 6.25k€ (that's the max. by law since repair costs are est. @ 26k€)

When I come to sell the car I'm sure I will have to take around a 15% hit on top of depreciation.

That's life, move on and continue driving.

--

Kabir Khaleque

kabir911:

Update: No chance to get a new car based on this damage. I have a top lawyer on the case. Ofcourse it will be repaired as new and I will got some money for 'accident reparied loss' but the amount is totally unrealistic -> 6.25k€ (that's the max. by law since repair costs are est. @ 26k€)

When I come to sell the car I'm sure I will have to take around a 15% hit on top of depreciation.

That's life, move on and continue driving.

Sorry to hear that. Smiley On the other hand, I know how repairs are done at official Porsche dealers, so you shouldn't be worried, your car will be as new.

I feel for you however: Yesterday, a craftsman doing some job at our house, left an electric outlet outside the garage and it was in the color of the asphalt and very low (besides the fact that many other things were lying on the ground on the right side, making a perfect distraction). When I came home, I wanted to park the car and suddenly heard a weird crunching noise from the front right wheel. Apparently, I hit the electric outlet with my front rear tire and drove over it. I looked over 15(!) minutes at the front bumper, rim and tire, looking for any kind of damage (even using a bright lamp) but didn't see anything. I was so obsessed that something was damaged, I didn't actually look at the electric outlet a little bit closer (it was roundly edged and very flat, no possibility of any damage to the car or even the tire). My heart was pumping though and I blamed myself for not paying attention. Gladly, nothing was damaged...oh well...the electric outlet support was a little bit bent. Smiley So I got a taste of what would happen if something really bad would happen.

I feel deeply sorry for you, honestly. On the bright side, nobody was hurt (think about your kid) and this is the good part. You also don't have to drive to the dealer to get the turbo chargers replaced, which would have taken at least 2-3 days. Smiley

Keep us updated with the health of your car. Smiley

Smiley

--

easy_rider911:
    Conny997:

Kabir, I really feel with you. Such a new car and now damaged that much. Smiley
    But you have a perfect witness and nobody was injured. I hope the whole accident processing is at least easily and I wish you all the best.

+1

Heartbreaking.

+1Smiley

That's a real bummer..surprise

Hope the repair process goes smoothly and speedily.. wink

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

Thanks all! There is still a little delay to get the work started since my lawyer will give Allianz the instruction to do the repair. Then they will give the go ahead to Porsche. Will take around 2 wks incl. new inconel turbos.

Meanwhile I've opt'd for money rather than a rental so will be keeping fit riding to work and back on my bicycle.

--

Kabir Khaleque

kabir911:

Meanwhile I've opt'd for money rather than a rental so will be keeping fit riding to work and back on my bicycle.

small benefit as consolation ..

I finally got my car back from Porsche. Good as new. The final bill came to 46K€! All I can say is that the 'system' of handling car accidents/lawyers/inspectors etc.. is just one big money making machine resulting in the 'victim' myself being out of pocket. Since the other driver claims he had a green light Allianz refuse to pay until they make a decision - what ever that means. My insurance had not problem paying but only 80% since Porsche FFM is not a 'partner werkstatt'! ridiculous. So I had to foot 10k of my own cash to get my car.

My lawyer is on the case since I had no idea of this 80% rule and it was not evident to me when I filled out the contract with the insurance.

Coming back to the important stuff. The car runs great and with the new turbos I have to say I can 'feel' the difference in acceleration. Like have another 50hp more than before.

Wish everyone safe driving

--

Kabir Khaleque

kabir911:

I finally got my car back from Porsche. Good as new. The final bill came to 46K€! All I can say is that the 'system' of handling car accidents/lawyers/inspectors etc.. is just one big money making machine resulting in the 'victim' myself being out of pocket. Since the other driver claims he had a green light Allianz refuse to pay until they make a decision - what ever that means. My insurance had not problem paying but only 80% since Porsche FFM is not a 'partner werkstatt'! ridiculous. So I had to foot 10k of my own cash to get my car.

My lawyer is on the case since I had no idea of this 80% rule and it was not evident to me when I filled out the contract with the insurance.

Coming back to the important stuff. The car runs great and with the new turbos I have to say I can 'feel' the difference in acceleration. Like have another 50hp more than before.

Wish everyone safe driving

Good to hear, that you have your Panamera back and that the repair is ok. Smiley

I can´t believe that the insurance gave you the advice or offert you to take the "Partner-Werkstatt-Tarif" with a brand new Porsche - just crazy.SmileySmiley

I hope your lawyer gets a positive result for you...

Blueflame Smiley

Wishing you good luck with the legal proceedings... wink

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690722 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409918 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256109 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235351 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65728 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858667 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774872 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM