Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: My Panamera Turbo S is almost ready

BlackOctober:

Speed limit of 350 km/h on the speedometer of such a BIG car looks unbelievable.....no

What is more unbelievable is the stability this big car is showing at 320 kph on the speedo. Like driving on rails. Amazing. (talking about the factory loaner now of course, not my car...I still have to run it in...already have 80 km Smiley).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

993Targa:

I see a lot of black Panameras, but with the chrome window surrounds. This makes such a difference, well done! kiss

Thanks. It makes a huge difference but I wonder why so many order the car with the chrome window surrounds. They take away a lot from the sporty look, making the car look more elegant.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

RC:

Thanks. It makes a huge difference but I wonder why so many order the car ...

...finally, CONGRATULATIONS on a nicely chosen special car... Smiley

Jet Black/Black one of the BEST Smiley and at the same time the simplest PURE color choice... Smiley. Drive it in good health...

After you break it in I'm sure you'll realize the hidden beast side of this car. You'll only smile on anybody challenging you in any BMW M5. Folks, who engage in long discussions about your car vs M5 in reality never seen/tasted the true nature of this car...BMW M5 in real life driving has NO any chances vs even just PanaTurboWithoutS  in any "street" challenge.

Again,  many good miles for you...

Smiley

Thank you for the first report, it’s very informative and helpful, as always.Smiley

Some notes from me:
    The PDCC: 
    One reason could be that the car is new and is still tight. However, my last test car, a new GTS (with PDCC) was much too vague in normal and sport mode. Only with sports plus it was better.

Thank  you for the interesting information regarding the turbocharger. This sounds well for the future.Smiley

The sport exhaust is actually just too quiet. This was also criticized in the reports of various test media. Very sad. That could be much better, like it was demonstrated with the GTS.Smiley

The steering is really far too easily for a sports car. I also hope that one will get used to it over the time.

Really amazing: there are a lot different Porsche colors, special colors, colors to sample, etc., but the only really good combination is black with black, black wheels and black exteriorpackage. Case solved.

To the Burmester system I have no opinion at the moment. But I think that for everydays use, the BOSE system is sufficient.

The consumption (your pic) is already unreasonably high when you consider that you probably don’t rev   > 4000 U/min, even though it was probably a lot of city driving.

Once again: many congratulations. A great car.Smiley Have fun and I wish you a lot enjoyment.

--

Kind regards, Conny 

Porsche 997.2 Turbo S  *  BMW X5 M

Congrats RC, it turned out fantastic! Enjoy in good health and may your dad get well soon!!!wink

very interesting info

Christian, pls run in the car and post acceleration figures-))

And about turbochargers - I am surprised it has no titan impellers, so Porsche have managed to reach the same level of torque and lack of turbo lag with standard impellers!!! very interesting, look like you have very special tuned edition of Pana Turbo))))))

Stunning car - congratulations! glad you finally have it, enjoy it a lot!

.... Time to visit you ;)

Conny997:

To the Burmester system I have no opinion at the moment. But I think that for everydays use, the BOSE system is sufficient.

At least if you only listen to dance music. Smiley Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

I usually keep the Burmester in Live position for best bass emphasis and bass/treble at 5 both

btw congrats,cool spec Smiley

artur777:

And about turbochargers - I am surprised it has no titan impellers, so Porsche have managed to reach the same level of torque and lack of turbo lag with standard impellers!!! very interesting, look like you have very special tuned edition of Pana Turbo))))))

Not the same level...better. Smiley Smiley (at least this is what they told me...truth coming out as soon as I run it in).

--

hugo:

I usually keep the Burmester in Live position for best bass emphasis and bass/treble at 5 both

btw congrats,cool spec Smiley

Thanks and thank you for the hint, I will try that.   Smiley

--

Conny997:

The consumption (your pic) is already unreasonably high when you consider that you probably don’t rev   > 4000 U/min, even though it was probably a lot of city driving.

Once again: many congratulations. A great car.Smiley Have fun and I wish you a lot enjoyment.

Thanks. Smiley

I wouldn't take the fuel consumption too serious yet, the car is new and the engine software mapping needs to adapt, so it may take a couple of hundreds of km until the fuel consumption shows more accurate real life values.

Right now, I don't have the time to drive this car, I have 80 km or so on it, which is a shame. Smiley

Regarding the exterior color, I made an observation though (compared to the white factory loaner): I don't know if the local license plate and the dark color are the reasons but while people were smiling and looking when they saw me in the white factory loaner, they do the opposite in my black car (they look angry or avoid looking at all...especially women which were actually starring at the car in the past).

Of course this can be just me, I was tired and under a lot of (time) pressure, so maybe I was looking for negative stuff, I can't exclude it. The car looks very aggressive in black, this is true however. Maybe a little bit too aggressive for a large sedan. Time will tell...

--

Great looking car, congrats. Loooking forward for your driving report after run in Smiley

J.Seven

RC:

Regarding the exterior color, I made an observation though (compared to the white factory loaner): I don't know if the local license plate and the dark color are the reasons but while people were smiling and looking when they saw me in the white factory loaner, they do the opposite in my black car (they look angry or avoid looking at all...especially women which were actually starring at the car in the past).

Of course this can be just me, I was tired and under a lot of (time) pressure, so maybe I was looking for negative stuff, I can't exclude it. The car looks very aggressive in black, this is true however. Maybe a little bit too aggressive for a large sedan. Time will tell...

--

I hope you'll be able to have a little break from the stress soon and things will turn in a positive way.

Your observation between the white and black car isn’t that wrong at all.
    People tend to associate colors and conditioned emotions.
    It’s the familiar pattern of "good" and "evil". A white Panamera looks bigger though, but perhaps even friendly.
    One transfers the color to the driver and automatically the deep in the subconscious rooted (pre) judgements.

But don’t worry: with the white C63 and the black PTS  you can act on both sides.Smiley

--
    Kind regards, Conny 

Porsche 997.2 Turbo S  *  BMW X5 M

Conny997:

But don’t worry: with the white C63 and the black PTS  you can act on both sides.Smiley

Smiley Luckily, the C63 is my daily driver. 

I knew before what I'm getting into with the black color but like I said, I'm a little bit stressed out right now and this may cloud my perception of things happening around me. Smiley

--

Congrats & enjoy Smiley

"(they look angry or avoid looking at all...especially women which were actually starring at the car in the past)."

It's because you now have a big suspicious looking grin on your face!  I actually warned my daugthers again such people.Smiley

werner:

Congrats & enjoy Smiley

"(they look angry or avoid looking at all...especially women which were actually starring at the car in the past)."

It's because you now have a big suspicious looking grin on your face!  I actually warned my daugthers again such people.Smiley

Good one. Smiley Smiley

--

Yes, I agree ... people react to the car's colour in very different ways ... hopefully, it won't affect you ...

--

997.1 C2S
     GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

this thread has made me interested in Panameras ... albeit in the S

I think the Panamera suffers from an image problem in the UK compared to its perception in other markets (especially the US and China) where more people love it.

--

997.1 C2S
     GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

easy_rider911:

I think the Panamera suffers from an image problem in the UK compared to its perception in other markets (especially the US and China) where more people love it.

I hated the Panamera when I saw it first back in 2009.

Remember my August 2009 review of the Panamera Turbo here on Rennteam? One month before the official dealer introduction? indecision I liked how it drives but I hated how it looks. A month later, at the dealer introduction event, my wife saw the car too and she said it is hideous...and it has only four seats, so it really isn't interesting for us.

Look how our opinions have changed...amazing. I think Porsche did a great job with the design, it could be timeless.

--

Maybe the reason behind you getting some angry looks from your neighbors is because they see you each time with a different expensive car and now, even worse, with a different color Panamera!!! Hi hi hi :D

--

There is no try. Just do.

And BTW RC, I waited until you drive it to say: CONGRATS and ENJOY! Thumbs up man!

--

Screw what people think, Christian, your paying the bill.. As long as you use the more sensible looking Merc for parking outside of the work office, that your going to be doing, obviously.

Congrats, enjoy and drive nice and safe...

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

Pentium:

Maybe the reason behind you getting some angry looks from your neighbors is because they see you each time with a different expensive car and now, even worse, with a different color Panamera!!! Hi hi hi :D

I don't care about my neighbors anymore, they weren't really the problem here.

Just people on the street...at red lights...and so on. I was in a pretty bad mood yesterday, so maybe this reflected on my perception. Smiley

--

You know what RC... We only live once... Ignore the bastards.

--

RC:
    Pentium:

I don't care about my neighbors anymore, they weren't really the problem here.

Just people on the street...at red lights...and so on. I was in a pretty bad mood yesterday, so maybe this reflected on my perception. Smiley

You might put some yellow smilie stickers at the doors and the rear of the car Smiley People will then look at your car with very different eyes Smiley I think it looks great in black, the front in particular.

I have this one on my car...as a professional courtesy to my job. smiley

--

Black tends to hide features and styling of a car/truck.

Did I read you paid over $200,000 euro's for it?heart

--

RC:

I have this one on my car...as a professional courtesy to my job. smiley

That is a cute one! What might be nice is to have one of these flashing at the rear while accelerating fully Smiley

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 15/05/24 08:44
    art.italy
    804566 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 07/04/24 11:48
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448922 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 12/03/24 08:28
    DJM48
    266621 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 30/01/24 09:18
    RCA
    90263 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 15/03/24 13:23
    CGX car nut
    6890 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 01/02/24 19:01
    Pilot

886376 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 23/07/23 19:01
    Grant
    835066 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 21/04/24 11:50