Crown

Forum - Thread

991 Carrera - New Exclusive Department Options

For its exceptionally performance-oriented customers, Porsche Exclusive now offers a new power enhancement kit developed for the 911 Carrera S. It focuses specifically on the dynamic properties of the sports car. It boosts the power of the 3.8-litre boxer engine from 400 hp (294 kW) to 430 hp (316 kW), producing even better driving performance. Thanks to this Powerkit, the 911 Carrera S Coupé only needs 4.0 seconds to sprint from zero to 100 km/h with PDK in Sport Plus mode. The kit also increases the top speed by four km/h: to 306 km/h with PDK and to 308 km/h with a seven-speed manual gearbox. However, the enhanced power has not affected fuel economy: fuel consumption values in the NEDC are unchanged despite a power increase of over seven per cent.

More power without higher fuel consumption is made possible by carefully tuned modifications and adaptations to the electronic engine management. The core elements of the Powerkit are special cylinder heads with different camshafts and an entirely new variable resonance intake system design with six air flaps and a resonance flap. An additional centre radiator keeps the higher specific power from overloading the thermal management system of the six-cylinder engine. Low exhaust back pressure is achieved by the sport exhaust system that is equipped with two sets of twin tailpipes with independent styling; this system is also included with the Powerkit. At the press of a button, the exhaust system is dethrottled, the two exhaust lines are merged and they generate a powerful engine sound. The Powerkit also includes the Sport Chrono package with dynamic engine mounts for even sportier driving properties. A visual trademark of the Powerkit is the car’s modified engine compartment styling with titanium coloured engine cover and carbon inlays. 

Porsche Exclusive also offers aerodynamically tuned exterior components that offer customisation over various expansion levels. The basic component is the front apron that extends low and has powerful air intakes from the Sport Design package. This package also includes a fixed rear spoiler in legendary “ducktail” form. The top upgrade is the Aerokit Cup with an additional fixed rear wing over the rear spoiler and a special front spoiler lip with additional air intakes. Other new Porsche Exclusive products for the 911 Carrera include tinted privacy glass for the side and rear windows and the Exterior package with various components in body colour. Inside, Porsche Exclusive also offers numerous upgrades such as interior packages with decorative trim ranging from brushed aluminium to carbon. 

pk.jpg

sd.jpg

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S (at Porsche right now), BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Re: 991 Carrera - New Exclusive Department Options

Its not up on the US site yet. Does anyone know if this will be available for the convertible as well?

Isn't that a bit quick after the launch of the Carrera S?  Strikes me as this is the car they should have as standard: they wouldn't have held back on purpose to charge extra for the power pack would they?

(Warning: the above question is rhetorical)

--

Porsche Carrera GTS (2012); Porsche Cayenne Diesel (2012)

seems like the max torque stays the same? or perhaps torque curve is plumper and flatter?

How much????

--

2011 Porsche Carrera 4S Platinum Silver
    2013 Porsche Panamera GTS Basalt Black

“The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively” 
    ― Bob Marley

Powerkit is 13804 EUR in Germany...incl. 19% VAT. 

The Aerokit Cup is almost 5000 EUR incl. 19% VAT.

The Sport Design kit is almost 4200 EUR incl. 19% VAT.

All prices for factory delivery on a new car.

Tequipment will surely charge more for it (incl. install).

Prices in the USA are:

Aerokit Cup: 5990 USD.

Sport Design kit: 4990 USD.

Judging by the german Powerkit price tag, I suppose the powerkit will be around 15000 USD in the US.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S (at Porsche right now), BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Ouch! It's probably better to buy a GT3...yes

--

2011 Porsche Carrera 4S Platinum Silver
    2013 Porsche Panamera GTS Basalt Black

“The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively” 
    ― Bob Marley

ag23:

Ouch! It's probably better to buy a GT3...yes

Not sure about that...you haven't seen the price tag of the next gen 991 GT3 yet... Smiley

--

I wonder how the 'Heckleuchten in Klarglasoptik' will look...

991 Cab...

cab.jpg

--

RC,

I sold 12 monts ago my 997GT3 mk2, and not sent to 991 , waiting for gt3 again.

can you tell more about thé new price tag ? Hope it Will not be so expensive..... I expect 115k naked.

am i far ? Smiley

Thierry

--
    997 Carrera S Triple Black Sold now ... Good car 997 GT3 triple black wow what a car !!!

RC:

991 Cab...

cab.jpg

With duck-tail as standard - I very much doubt it...

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

RC:

991 Cab...

cab.jpg

--

I used to prefer the look of the coupe over the cabriolet, but that picture is beyond my vocabulary. Smiley

thierry:

RC,

I sold 12 monts ago my 997GT3 mk2, and not sent to 991 , waiting for gt3 again.

can you tell more about thé new price tag ? Hope it Will not be so expensive..... I expect 115k naked.

am i far ? Smiley

Thierry

I heard of something between 125k and 130k EUR incl. 19% german VAT.  Smiley

--

Hi, 

I found this video in a french blog. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-Ewayh9jvBcThe "yellow duck" is just amazing...

Need to see it in real. 

S.

Hope this one works

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ewayh9jvBc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

--
    Happy Driving

The back of the 991 is much nicer with the ducktail, as it makes look less heigh and takes away the  unnecessary  spoiler line .

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

totally agree and love the "ducktail" - if I were to buy one only with this package. In the DE configurator it is 4165 EURO....

I am and never was a friend of spoilers, wings or ducktails. yes

I actually would love to see a GT3 or GT2 without a wing, same goes to the Turbo.

Don't know why but I just don't like them...

I don't have anything against retractable wings/spoilers though, if they are necessary (aerodynamics).

--

RC:

+1

for me, it's trying too hard to be noticed. subtlety is much better

Take the Panamera for example: When ordering my car, I was inclined to get the Sport Design package too, even if it doesn't really make a huge difference (visually). The only reason I didn't choose it: It actually worsens aerodynamics. This wouldn't be the first time an Exclusive option would do that and while it really isn't a safety problem, why should I pay more money for worse aerodynamics?!

--

RC:

I actually would love to see a GT3 or GT2 without a wing, same goes to the Turbo.

Don't know why but I just don't like them...

I don't have anything against retractable wings/spoilers though, if they are necessary (aerodynamics).

Same here. Of course the big rear spoiler is something like an identifying feature of the Turbo, but I also like the clean, classic shape of the 911. If I could do without a (fixed) rear spoiler at a Turbo, I would certainly go this way. And I would never order something like Aerokit, Sport Design package or similar. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

unlike the aftersales market where people just slap things on their cars for pure looks - with a OEM it mostdefinately does something good to the car - this is like saying who needs the power upgrade for 0.1 sec to 100 km/h - but then people buy options to customize their own car and taste. Spoilers maybe are catching attention - for some it distroys the classic lines - for others it's a welcome change to the mainstream 911....

The shape of the 911 is such that because of its sloping rear, a spoiler is needed to divert air in order to avoid  rear lift (hence the motorized Carrera spoiler) but at higher speeds downforce is needed (hence the GT, Turbo wings). It seems to be technically and ergonomically difficult to make these big wings to disappear completely when the cars are moving slowly.

The 991 is a 911 shape with a higher rear that should aid aerodynamic behavior but I don't think it could made any higher, because that will change the whole 911 concept. Even now Porsche friends complain that the 991 rear is too high.

--

"Form follows function"

Two seperate rear spoilers at ONE time is a first for Porsche's "Options Bank". 

Either the options people are crazy greedy or the rear end has unusual lift/downforce/drag problems.

Maybe a technical overkill yes

What puzzles me is that in GT racing all cars have wings although not much faster than the road cars they are based on. Only Porsche fit wings on their road cars too. Why would a Ferrari 458 (already a super fast car) be considered stable without a wing, when its 458 GT sibling needs to carry such an aerodynamic aid? In this case the makeover is not as  extreme as the one that turns a road M3 or a Z4 into their GT counterparts which bear hardly any relation to the road going cars.

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:

Maybe a technical overkill yes

What puzzles me is that in GT racing all cars have wings although not much faster than the road cars they are based on. Only Porsche fit wings on their road cars too. Why would a Ferrari 458 (already a super fast car) be considered stable without a wing, when its 458 GT sibling needs to carry such an aerodynamic aid? In this case the makeover is not as  extreme as the one that turns a road M3 or a Z4 into their GT counterparts which bear hardly any relation to the road going cars.

It is a technical overkill. But, a good one IMHO.  458 Italia? Sensational car, but also a car that in 99% of cases won't be used on the Ring by thier owner. GT3 or GT2 model owners in over 50% of cases are using their cars on the track(for fan) as well. See my point?Smiley

Personally, I .like Sport Design package for 991. Did you saw the way spoiler looks on 991 in lifted position? From the back it looks pretty awfull IMO, specially in lighter exterior color.

KresoF1:
     Did you saw the way spoiler looks on 991 in lifted position? From the back it looks pretty awfull IMO, specially in lighter exterior color.

you never see this view when you are driving ...

It will be interesting to see (in the future) the percentage of 458 Scuderia cars that are used on the track ...

--

997.1 C2S
     GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

re the rear spoiler on the 991:

I think it looks great from inside the car-ie  the way it appears in the rear window. I can appreciate that the guys that get passed and have to look at it won't like it so much. :-)

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689282 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409069 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255686 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234938 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65494 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857875 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773873 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM