Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

2012 Montreal F1 Grand Prix

I guess Easy is still on vacation  Smiley

Anyone else hoping to see a seventh winner in the seventh race of the season?

Re: 2012 Montreal F1 Grand Prix

Hey Gladstone - how about a last minute road trip?  :-)

I hope it doesn't get disrupted. There's an ongoing student protest and Anonymous has threatened to disrupt anything F1 related that weekend.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2012/05/30/montreal-f1-info-hacked.html

Guys, thanks for starting the thread :)

I got back on 5 June during the late afternoon London time and I've spent the last 23 hours sleeping ... it was a 25 hour return journey from Honolulu to London :(

--

997.1 C2S
     GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

Glad to hear you're back Easy kiss

Thanks Atz :) Good to hear from you again ...

--

997.1 C2S
     GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

Shue (aka Schumi) or Louie (aka Lewis), who's gonna be our 7th winner of the season?

This is a tough call, I hope that one of these guys will show us the answer on sunday...

easy_rider911:

Thanks Atz :) Good to hear from you again ...

Since I never got recognition for my welcome home post on your hawaii thread, i'll try agian here: Welcome Home!Smiley

Thanks so much Spyderidol :) (I did reply to you and Gnil jointly BTW) I would never overlook you dear friend! :)
    --

997.1 C2S

Lord_Driftalot:

Shue (aka Schumi) or Louie (aka Lewis), who's gonna be our 7th winner of the season?

This is a tough call, I hope that one of these guys will show us the answer on sunday...

I had a dream last night that it is going to be Hamilton.  Smiley

RBR have to change their wheel hub design now heart

What next? In F1 innovation seems to be penalized. IMO the big teams want to stop RBR's  successes by any means.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/100230

--

"Form follows function"

Other teams have had their share of bans as well in the last couple of years, and RBR have gotten away with a few tricks that were questionable to say the least like the blown diffuser, flexible wings, etc and they walked away with two world titles wothout breaking a sweat thanks to them, they could have put a monkey on the driver's seat and they still would have won the last two tittles... so RBR should be the last team to complain now.

IMO it seems like they are desperately pushing the rule book a bit to far lately trying to get their past season advantage back, not so easy to win now without having a car that's in another leage as the other. Not that they shouldn't try to outsmart the rulebook, thats part of the game, but sometimes it pays off, and sometimes it doesn't, thats F1, for every team, and in the last seasons it has payed off for RBR more than any other team so any "conspiracy theories" have no basis IMO.

And as a fan I could not be happierkiss 6 races and 6 different winners, with some great driver to driver battles, instead of results purely depending on the car the driver drove, like in the last seasons.

--

Interesting clasification, and one who's grid order of the first places pretty much coincides with the performance clasification of the cars as well IMO at this point of the championship. Will be an interesting first corner tomorrow...

--

Carlos from Spain:

Other teams have had their share of bans as well in the last couple of years, and RBR have gotten away with a few tricks that were questionable to say the least like the blown diffuser, flexible wings, etc and they walked away with two world titles wothout breaking a sweat thanks to them, they could have put a monkey on the driver's seat and they still would have won the last two tittles...

Oh common that is ridiculous and you know it. Smiley

And as a fan I could not be happierkiss 6 races and 6 different winners, with some great driver to driver battles, instead of results purely depending on the car the driver drove, like in the last seasons.

This I give you, and we are yet to see Kimi take a win if Lotus gets their act together. Sauber is damn fast too! But more so than anything, it will yield the most consistent person to take the Championship this season and that is how it should be.

You cannot fully discredit what Vettel has reached in the past couple of seasons and how can see how hungry and growing in maturity he is almost on a weekly level.. that to me is great to watch, and Vettel will get at least another 2 Championships, not in a Ferrari though Smiley

Hopefully not in McLaren either... ;)

Atzporsche:

You cannot fully discredit what Vettel has reached in the past couple of seasons

Sure, but with the car he had there are other drivers in the grid that would of had no problems to achieve the same those too seasons, so its nothing outstanding, and some would of done it with even greater ease, like the first of his titles that inspite having such a car he managed to screw up the season to the point that he only managed to grab it in the last race thanks to one of Ferrari's biggest tactil blunders in F1, either Hamilton or Alonso with his car would have grabbed that title several weekends before tha last GP that year.

and how can see how hungry and growing in maturity he is almost on a weekly level.

All I see is his lame finguer gesture and his bad sportmanship when things don't go as he would like, i.e. having the fastest car, getting to start from P1, and cruise to the finish line without having to fight other drivers for it.

Sorry for being blunt, but thats how I see it. If you use the search function of the forum you could find old F1 threads in which when Vettel started in F1 I was one of his biggest supporters and claimed very early that he had potential before he came in the spotlight. But after seeing how he behaved inisde the track (ala schumacher when he didn't get his way) and later getting the two "freebie" titles with RBR, in which there was no competition those two seasons, I'm not a big fan anymore. And bottom line is he has still to prove that in equal terms he deserves to be ranked with the likes of Hamilton, Alonso, Schumacher (V1.0 not V2.0), etc.

Vettel will get at least another 2 Championships, not in a Ferrari though Smiley

Not only because he won't likely to be signed by the scuderia, but mainly because given the Ferrari's performance in recent seasons, there is no way Vettel could win a title with it... let me put it this way, you honestly think that if Vettel was in Alonso's Ferrari this season he would be leading the championship at this point? 

I know you are a big Vettel fan and I respect that, so don't take me too seriously, this is all very subjective in the end even if we don't want to admit it, because of our personal preferences, and I have my own as you know  Smiley

--

I see your points quite clearly and I value your opinion highly Carlos wink

That being said, stating "a monkey" could have raced and won two championships is a bit too much IMO. I know i've said bad things about Alonso in the past, but you'll notice i've refrained from such comments recently years because I also value Alonso as a driver... he is one of the best on the grid period. While I would not personally express my wins with a one finger gesture, I do think people are reading too much into it.. way too much. Anyways i'm betting that in their respective wiki after their careers Vettel will have more championships on his name
    smiley

Oh and yes, I hope Vettel will never go to McLaren... I can see him at Mercedes next to Rosberg when Schumi retires.. again.

I used monkey just as an expression of course... we all know it would of taken at least a primate to take those two titles with a RBR! smiley just kidding!Smiley

wink

--

Gladstone:
    Lord_Driftalot:

If you dream with any numbers anytime soon let me know, so I can win the lottery. 

Haha good for him it was long overdue.. McLaren is finding back their pace and Lewis seems to have overcome some character issues.

Got pretty exciting there in the end, sadly RBR didn't quite have the pace but good to have gained on Alonso kiss Someone tell Ferrari this race was 70 laps lol. But seriously, big congrats to Perez, what a fantastic race from Sauber!! They are doing better and better and the car has serious pace.. now wishing them a GP win this season as well. Their strategy today was brilliant. Apart from of course Lotus going on the same strategy and with equally good reward, a podium given the competition is a job well done IMO. Who would have guessed that Lewis now leads the Championship.. Quick someone try to find something illegal on the McLaren, they won the race how unfair of them

Ferrari just doesn't do things half way  in Monaco the lost it because they pitted in too early instead of keeping Alonso out, and in this race they did the opposite... did they really think they could have maintained a 1:18.00-1:19.00 till tyhe end heart must of been pretty frustrating for Alonso watching everybody blow by, Rosberg was only 0,3senc behind after the checkered flag... the were lucky to grab that 5th , Alonso is still 2nd in the championship.

And now 7 races and 7 different winners!! no what a season, and now its Hamilton who leads the championship... I hope this keeps up till the last race indecision

--

Found this gem on Twitter:

"If Button had won instead of Hamilton the podium would have read Butt Groper (BUT GRO PER)" 

Smiley

spudgun:

... shame that MS had to give up, again.

Let's hope he'll be winner number eight in race number eight. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

spudgun:

Found this gem on Twitter:

"If Button had won instead of Hamilton the podium would have read Butt Groper (BUT GRO PER)" 

Smiley

So much wasted brain power. Marginally funny though.

Wonderful race ... thrilling to watch right till the very end ...

A superb drive from Hamilton ... I still can't quite believe that there have been 7 different winners in 7 races so far this season ... unreal.

Montreal result

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/results/9713493.stm

This was the pre-race strategy report from James Allen

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2012/06/how-the-f1-teams-will-approach-the-canadian-grand-prix/

--

997.1 C2S

Interesting article from Andrew Benson on Hamilton's consistency this season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/andrewbenson/2012/06/hamilton_1.html

--

997.1 C2S

Gladstone:
    Lord_Driftalot:

MUCH CREDIT to GLADSTONE!  He called it.  Not easy to do this year.  Must be from all those years of F1 study in Montreal!

Cheers!  (dang, I was not there live this year!!!)

What kind of curse has been placed on Schumi? The guy is unable to complete a race and lately, it's the car not him, that has been failing him.

His first year back, he couldn't come to terms with the wheelbase of the car.

Second year, it was more him making some overly aggressive moves and miscalculations.

This year, the car has failed him time and time again.

Even this year he might have made some overly aggressive miscalculations, but don't count him out of the P1 thing just yet.

After all 11 winners in 1982: seven so far in 2012: but wouldn't 12 by the end of the season just be gran. wink

Interesting post-race strategy analysis from James Allen

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2012/06/how-the-canadian-grand-prix-got-away-from-alonso-and-vettel/

--

997.1 C2S

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM